>there are people posting on Sup Forums right now who haven't watched 0079
Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8e8zUqP8yu4
youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does the movies count?

no

I watched this today. Pretty sure i've met my 0079 quota for at least 5 months now.

youtube.com/watch?v=8e8zUqP8yu4

>mechashit

>he hasn't seen the original gundam

NO.

The absolute state of Sup Forums

Mecha is inherently garbage. You can't fix such a childish genre.

Macross is really good.

>There are people on this board who haven't seen Ideon

>OP being a faggot who hasn't watched all 193 episodes of astro boy

get on my level pleb

>astro boy
don't you mean tetsuwan atom?

I haven't, but after finishing Blue Blazes yesterday, I have realized the error of my ways and am fixing this mistake posthaste. Also made me put Matsumoto Leiji's series higher on my list of stuff I need to watch, but I'm not really sure where to start with his works.

but a /m/an told me to just watch the movies though.

>but I'm not really sure where to start with his works.
Yamato. Or GE 999.

I think you meant to post this on /m/. I've never seen an episode of an /m/ show and never will.

Anything with a robot in it is /m/, user.

The absolute fucking state of neo-/m/.

my soul belongs to Nippon but my heart to Amercia and my love to the president of the United Stats, who ever he may be.

>there are people posting on Sup Forums who would normally say they hate mecha but are watching Franxx this season and loving it
Imagine that

Franxx is fake mecha so

Even if you say this, you can’t deny the legacy and influence it has had on the medium. Not watching 0079 is only a disservice to yourself as a fan of the entire medium itself.

>there are people posting on Sup Forums
holy shit

In short, start with Space Battleship Yamato.
Galaxy Express 999 is good, but it's pretty long, with a mostly episodic format and a slow pace. It's a backlog killer, so don't take it on unless you like other Leiji works.
The movies are good, but they cut out a lot of the development of the main characters to give space to Harlock. I'd suggest watching them after watching the series, but if you couldn't be bothered, the movies are fine on their own.
The TV series for Captain Harlock is is a good watch, as well. It has similar flaws to GE999, but it's only 42 episodes long (compared to GE999's 113).
Yamato's original series is the shortest of the three (26 episodes), and arguably the one with the best pacing of the three. Also, if you really liked it, there are plenty of sequels, spin-offs, movies etc.

I actually watched it like a month ago and hated almost every character, specially Amuro. Char and Kai are literally the only likable characters.

Because 80's animation is almost as visually disgusting and japanse 5 fps pure 3d.

But animation peaked in the 80s with Akira.

Toasters are /m/. Are you saying you've never seen an anime girl with toast in her mouth?

Ryu Jose was the real MVP.

>He doesn't know ZZ and CCA are the best Gundam

>big guy
>one of the most competent characters in the show
>dies
I hate this shit

It was a shit show filled with tropes. Zeta is better.

>there are some people who haven't watched Ashita no Joe
that would be me, should I start with it or with hajime no ippo?

make me

Yes

The movies are really the only reason the franchise even exists.

Zeta was just a shit version of 0079

>The movies are really the only reason the franchise even exists.
I think you mean the gunpla.

Just watched CCA for the first time today after more than a decade of it being on the backlog.

I get why it was important to wrap up that storyline, but that said the story was still pretty shit and everyone came off as turbo autists just doing shit for the sake of doing shit. Amuro was the only character that made any sense, but most of the movie focused on that on people that did absolutely nothing before being blown the fuck up.

>Sup Forums will never be invoked

Space autism has become an epidemic.

Because the experience is shit on digital and the VHSes are tough to find. The digitized popping and the narrowed art make it look horrible compared to the VHS

Everyone knows the ending, but all my friends say the Ideon story is kind of bad. Zero to little proper progression and just shock value from deaths.

Its fucking shit and it made me fall asleep several times

>tfw had never watched mecha before besides the odd episode of TTGL and Geass when they aired and Sup Forums wouldn't shut up about them, always thought giant robot suits were dumb, always preferred to see robots with a modicum of AI and interacting with humans more directly
>decide on a whim to watch 0079
>instantly regret it but keep watching for some reason
>White Base reaches Earth
>All these feels
>All this tension
>All this action
>All these hilarious off-model robots
I still don't like a lot of mecha, mostly the more outlandish super robot stuff, but man, what an eye-opener of a show.

I'm more bothered by the fact there's still people who think Amuro wasn't the best pilot for Gundam.

That's because Kamille exists.

Um, dude ... Camille is said to be better in-UC. The argument is kinda dead in the water when the show itself tells you otherwise.

It’s legit one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen, so aggravating and infuriating.

It botched the real final battle between Amuro and Char and the worst part is that CCA will always be canon.

Also Quess Paraya more like bitch go die in a fire.

0079 is the oldest anime I’ve ever watched but it really does not get the credit it genuinely deserves.

It was fun seeing wear a lot of the famous tropes came from.

What are you talking about? The 0079 BDs are pretty good for a show on a shoe string budget made in 1979.

>0079 is the oldest anime I’ve ever watched
you need to go deeper, user.

I haven't gone older than Yamato.

The VHS doesn't try to smoothen everything out. I feel like the narrowed lines and the emphasized colors take away from the show. The Blu Ray rips feel like a 2000s show trying to emulate 70s art rather than a straight up transfer of the animation. Taste varies, but that's how I feel about it.

Thank god literally everyone has seen this.

>not watching 60s anime
At least watch Horus, anons.

I want to get into Lupin but I’m hesitant to get into a long runner franchise.

I’m kind of lazy as of late, I’ve been trying to watch Cardcaptors Sakura as of late and I’m not even finished yet.

>The Blu Ray rips feel like a 2000s show trying to emulate 70s art
I don't even know how you could form this opinion but it's wrong.

Green jacket is only 23 episodes though, and it's really good.

>The Blu Ray rips feel like a 2000s show trying to emulate 70s art
I really don't know what you mean by this.

Your taste is shit

You sound really dumb. Anime is just something to be enjoyed, people can watch whatever they want without doing themselves a "disservice."

Well that sounds more tempting.

Add it to the list.

You'll see that the colors are a little more filled, the edges of the assets are a lot less grainy and cleaner. It's been digitized a lot more than I'm comfortable with. While the treatment works well with some works--Char's Counterattack looks great on Blu Ray--you can tell that the narrowed/thickened lines to clean-up take something away from the series. The treatment for something as badly-animated as 0079 (And it was badly animated, especially considering its peers) only further emphasizes its flaws rather than fixes them. So the walking cycles actually look akin to cleaned-up flash iterations of the same scenes and the off-model movements looked like dolled up off-model movements.

I just find that it makes the experience worse.

I miss the fight choreography in 0079.

I was trying to watch all of the Gundam series in broadcast order a while back, made it to Victory Gundam before I gave up because it was so awful.

0079 was actually the series I enjoyed the most even though I always heard people say it would be hard to watch and enjoy for modern viewers, followed by ZZ Gundam after about 10 episodes.

>0079
>79
>80s

The term you are looking for here is "DNR." And it's really not that much. There is plenty of grain and plenty of detail.

0079 and 0080 are the only good UC Gundam series. Everything else is shit because Tomino is 8 out of 10 times a hack and Zeon pandering.

G was a good series, you would’ve had fun with it.

>not liking the wheels

I'm literally watching it right now
just finished the Odessa attack

>when Kai tells the Guntank to pull back because he'll die against the Tri Stars
he doesn't get enough credit

Tomino is a "Both sides are assholes for even thinking war was a fucking way out" guy. He's said this numerous times and his work supports this argument. He doesn't pander to anyone save for the "Let's get out of here, it's a shit-show" characters.

Thanks for that. I disagree that there's plenty of grain and detail, though, for it to be enjoyable for me to look at.

Kamille is also the cutest pilot.

fucking delete this

The amount of artifacts in your screencap is more offensive.

Char is the cutest pilot

T-This can't be real.

WHY, TOMINO?!

>spend close to 15 hours watching shit just to enjoy a "great" finale

No thanks.

I want to post the picture with him naked while surrounded by puppies, but I don't feel like looking through all of my images. Someone else post it.

It wasn't the wheels, I really didn't even get that far. It was the dumb helicopter shit as well as the mass produced gundam parts.

This may be the stupidest thing I've seen yet

Dunno. I think Victory is a ton of fun once you embrace the Tomino and recognize how good Uso is battling. I liked how Uso used the mass produced parts in battle. It was interesting.

>mass produced gundam parts

The whole point of the Victory is to be mass produced. Can't question you on beam rotors, though I don't see why everyone is always so offended by it.

>women won't buy model kits, how do we make Zeta Gundam profitable with the female market

little did they know Gundamfags are already....well fags

I'm relieved to be done with Zeta. I'm scared for the future with ZZ.

ZZ is great.

>Can't question you on beam rotors, though I don't see why everyone is always so offended by it.
Having humans flying while dangling by a spinning helicopter blade looks fucking stupid. youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs

I watched it but that was like two decades ago and now I'm old and can't even remember why I'm in this thread.

I hope I can trust you.

I only have this one.

But they're robots not people.

They're robots.

M A N ' S N A M E