Do these authors have a plan anymore??

I feel like Muira had a pretty good idea of where he wanted Berserk to go back in the day but do you think his hiatus's have to do with him not knowing anymore? And Shingeki has gone so far from what it started out as with all this politics in it. I wonder if that was intended from the beginning ?

I've unofficially dropped SnK in the last few months. Just lost interest since the plot has driven so far away from the focus.

>intended from the beginning ?
I think so. Iirc Isayama said it was his intention to portray that the real monsters are always human. It is somewhat ironic though since what initially drew audience in wasn’t that aspect. I really lost interest in the series once the crown war arc began and it became less and less about exploring and finding mystery about titans, but I still read it when a chapter drops

I believe Miura just lost steam. He still has an end goal in mind but after over 30 years anyone would lose interest. Funny how switching to digital isn't making the chapters come out any faster, I haven't read the latest one but is he on hiatus AGAIN?

With Isayama its harder to say, I think he has a rough idea of the ending but is constantly changing his mind at break neck speed with regards to lore and stuff. I actually really enjoy the Marley arc unlike some anons

No hiatus yet but everyone fears and expects it but hopefully we're all wrong

for berserk you can drop it for 1-2 year
and come back read 5-6 chapter
im doing that often
when it will end ? damn

>the crown war arc
Was shit and came out of nowhere, but then it became based again

>that image

I actually hope he just kills it now. The art has become fuck-horrid. Everyone looks like they've gained weight and lost detail except for that witch girl from a year back. Miura's become lazy and I just want him to come out and say he's fed up. I'd rather see it just die than see it under this fucking amateurish art. Guts himself looks like Shrek's human form and lost his intimidating stature.

Why would anyone waste that long on fucking manga.

Nobody wants to believe it but Berserk will absolutely not be finished, at least not by Miura himself - he doesn't care about Berserk anymore.

I know oda didnt change his ebd story but it did get a hell of a lot longer because of the shishibukai

I was going to drop SnK after the horrid amount of asspulls in shiganshina but I liked the marley arc. Too bad the main characters are here now to ruin it

all the characters you like ARE GOING TO DIE, user

For SnK, the way it was written and the clearly artificial attempts to make it look like it was all part of the plan... It was supposed to end at around 50 chapters with the reveal of what exactly are the titans with the titans ultimately destroying everything. I stopped reading it years ago because of how shit it quickly became because of all of the obvious last minute additions to try and steer it away from the path it was already on.

In the case of Berserk, Miura has overcome his depression. However he needs to at least close it out and give at least a satisfactory ending for himself and all of the people who read his work. Emphasis on himself, after all of the work he put into Berserk he won't be happy if he doesn't at least tie up all of the loose ends and give a solid ending.

As someone who read all of Berserk recently, I can tell you the story feels like it has been going in the same direction since the Conviction arc and I wouldn't even realize Miura took a bajillion hiatus if someone else didn't tell me beforehand.
The whole Sea Gid thing did feel like they got side-tracked a bit but overall Guts and his companions are still on their quest to restore Casca like they have been for a quite a long time ans Griffith is still doing whatever the fuck he is trying to accomplish.
The real test will come once Casca's mind is restored and the main cast has to decide what they are going to do next.

>It was supposed to end at around 50 chapters with the reveal of what exactly are the titans with the titans ultimately destroying everything
lame, it's better now, since Eren is the one destroying the world now

>As someone who read all of Berserk recently, I can tell you the story feels like it has been going in the same direction since the Conviction arc

explain

I feel like he's still doing a rather good job with Griffith's storyline.
Wonder what he'll do to Guts once he gets Casca's memory back.

I meant that they have been focusing on the quest to restore Casca's mind while barely getting side-tracked.

This

The absolute state of snkfags

>I've unofficially dropped SnK in the last few months. Just got GRIM REMINDED
Fixed