Yuru Camp

This is now a Nadeshiko's smile appreciation thread.

DELETE

I want to protect that smile.

Be gone! EVIL!

What the hell is wrong with you?

Behead those who hurt Nade-hime!

This is now an Aoi feet appreciation thread.

My wife Nadeshiko is so cute.

The Kansai accent is the sexiest part of this image.

seyana

It's nice to see people using this that I hastily threw together

nice

added final touch

Recently, every single moe anime has at least one Kansai-ben character. Is this some kind of Japanese goverment conspiracy?

Redraw the moonrune and make it a little bit sharper.

holy cow, nicely done

Hey, it's the e/a/gle sc/out/ who posted the fire safety rules. I'm here give you some cold weather camping suggestions.
>You want to clear off some, but not all, of the snow before you put down your tent.
>Set up your tent on a layer of straw to keep warm.
>Snow is actually a really good insulator, so build a little snow wall against the sides of the tent.
>Always use at least one, and preferably more than one sleeping pad. If you don't, the ground will leach your body heat.
>For the sleeping pad set up, I put down a closed-cell foam sleeping pad, shiny side face up, under an open-cell sleeping pad.
>Always use a winter bag. Mine is rated to -30 Fahrenheit, iirc. What they did in the show with the summer bag, bubble wrap, tin foil, cardboard, and duct tape is both over-complex and bad plans.
>Down sleeping bags stop being if they get wet, from what I've heard. Synthetic ones do not stop working when wet.
>Keep the clothes your going to be wearing the next day in the foot of your sleeping bag. This will keep them not-freezing. If you don't, putting on clothes in the morning won't be fun.
>Wear a winter hat to sleep.
>Don't wear cotton if at all possible. It won't dry. This means no jeans.
>Wear layers. Lots of layers.
>Thermal underwear is very good.
>Leave your boots outside of the tent, but inside the rain fly.
>Make sure someone knows where you are going, for how long, and who to call if you don't make it back.
>Drink lots of water. Remember that the Arctic and Antarctic both get snow but are deserts.
>Eat snow only in the most desperate situations. When you eat snow, your body has to warm up the snow. This means that your body is using calories to heat that snow when it could be using it to help you find food, shelter, or help.
>If you have to get water from snow, boil it, but remember, it takes 500 calories or .5 Cal or 2,090 Joules to heat 1 kilogram of snow by 1 degree celsius.
>Don't walk on rivers. That's basically you telling luck "I want hypothermia!"

>Have a buddy. Buddy system is king.
>Small tents, as usual, are the best.
>ALL RULES FOR FIRE SAFETY STILL APPLY, even if you're surrounded by solid water.
>For every day that you plan to be out, pack two or three pairs of wool or synthetic socks. And then pack another two or three.
>Wear waterproof gloves, otherwise you will have a bad time.
>Your outermost layer had best be waterproof.
>Optimal layering scheme for clothes, Innermost outwards:
>>Regular underwear (preferably synthetic)
>>Thermal underwear
>>Long-sleeved shirt (preferably not cotton), wool or synthetic socks, and long pants (preferably synthetic)
>>Fleece and fleece pants, inner gloves and winter cap (wool or synthetic)
>>Winter coat with a hood, winter gloves, winter boots, and snow pants.
>If you get hot, take off the outermost layer.
>If any of your extremities (ears, nose, fingers, feet) start hurting or feeling numb, get warmed up right away, because that's probably frostbite. (Of course if it’s on your foot it might be a blister, in which case, stop and apply a moleskin, or your feet are just sore, in which case take a break.)
>To treat frostbite, move into a shelter like a tent or a building. When an ear or cheek is affected, remove a glove and warm the injury with the palm of your hand. Slip a frostbitten hand under your clothing.
>If you suspect the frostbite is severe, getting into dry clothing, wrap the injured area in a warm blanket, and get to a doctor as soon as possible. Do not rub a frostbitten limb with your hands or with snow. When there is no chance that are frostbitten area will refreeze, rewarm the injury by placing it in warm, but not hot, water, until normal color returns.
>If the frostbite is a hand or foot, place dry, sterile gauze between the fingers or toes and apply a loose bandage.
>Most important rule in all of camping, and in fact, all of /out/ activities: Know your limits and don't get cocky.

Any sucide in nature suggestions?