Koi wa Ameagari no You ni

Akira is hot.

This girl is overheating way too much, way too often.

She is only suffocating because she is hidden inside a wardrobe.

Akira likes the smell of old men!

This is her regular state half of the time even when outside closets.

>Akira pleases old men for free

It's not true. Stop bullying her.

user please, those are mere facts.

It's not true. You can't understand her feelings.

She likes the smell of the one she loves, not of anyone who is an old man.

After chapter 79, imho there will be a huge change: Masami is forcing her to face her taboo about coming back to run. In my opinion it's possible he will tell her to stop wasting her youth around him, and to find the courage for realizing her true dream. He could tell her to leave her job.

The manga could be close to its ending.

It's sad, but it's probably like that: until Akira will be close to Masami, she will never find the courage to cone back to run, even though it's her biggest passion, because she is fine in her new comfort zone. She needs to leave the restaurant.

The feeling of wanting to suck a 45 years old guy's dick? That's right, I can't undertand such feeling.

You are disgusting. You are speaking how if she has an old men fetish, but it's not her case. She fell in love with him, and his age has nothing to do with the reasons why she likes him. If she had sex with someone just because he is young, without love, that would be gross. Sex without love is disgusting. She is 17, almost 18 years old, and how you belittle her feelings is really immature and stupid. She is old enough to know who she wants. If it was only a stupid puppy crush, she could forget...But progressively, she deeply falls in love with him. Probably, they won't be together. But she will never forget him, because you can't forget your first real love easily, especially if you couldn't consume it.

Are you trying to pretend that Akira doesn't want to suck a 45 years old man's dick?

Are you trying to pretend she cares only about sex? Enough with your shitposting.

So what does he smell like, Sup Forums?

I can see why Masami originally fell in love with Midori.
At this point it doesn't seem too farfetched to think that maybe he still harbors some feelings of regret regarding decisions he made during their relationship, hoping that in some way he can atone for what happened. The same probably goes for Midori as well. Unfortunately both of them probably harshly blame themselves for the divorce.

Anyways, I hope they reconcile their differences and try again at marriage before this is over, but I also don't want to see Akira be too hurt over it happening.

Kitchen grease, sweat, and cigarette smoke.

Tobacco.

>I also don't want to see Akira be too hurt over it happening

She can settle for their son.

he must smell like shit if the blonde girl, the old woman and yoshizawa all think he smells bad.

a man shouldn't smell much at all except at the end of the day.

if a man smells strongly and he hasn't put on deoderant then he smells bad. men's body odor doesn't smell good unless they've just done an hour or two of exercise and it is fresh sweat.

I think from the way it's developing they're not going to have sex or get hot and heavy. Maybe they'll have a romantic kiss and hold each other firmly but I doubt even that.

She's going to realise that what she really wants is to run again.
You can tell from how the recent chapters have more strongly shown that she's thinking about running and you can tell from how the romance between the characters hasn't really gone anywhere: the girl still loves the man but the man rarely thinks anything like desire to the girl and when he does it's really him thinking about missing his youth. I think if he was ever going to actually get together with her, he would have felt some sincere desire towards her by now.

I'm predicting the story is going to go that they'll both cause each other to refind their passion (running/writing) and get success but move on with their lives with fondness for each other knowing it wouldn't ever work out and they weren't really what the other wanted.

They're surrogate siblings.

Them getting involved with each other romantically would NEVER happen.

Only the blond girl thinks he smells bad.

It's his hair tonic they're objecting to, since it's that old-fashioned strong-smelling kind he gets put on at the barber shop. We see this in a later chapter when Akira buys his brand and tries wearing it herself.

Delicious adult male pheromones have got to be part of that mix too. Akira wouldn't get off on his shirts the way she does if he didn't smell like a desirable mate.

Akira works with old men for money.

She takes their orders and gives them hot food in return, expecting nothing but a smile and a small tip at the end.

Lol at the gender studies queens in ANN condemning this show

Anons, at 45 both men and women aren't "old". If compared to teenagers, sure, but objectively people at that age are still rather young and good looking. And they can be also better looking than some people in their 20s, if the latter ones are fat, sweaty and fugly as fuck.

>a small tip at the end

Neither small nor just the tip.

Surrogate siblings my ass. This is Akira being awarded the stepmombowl trophy by both of them at once.

It's really fun like some people think youth = beautiful. There's plenty of teenagers and people in their 20s that look like a pile of shit, while many men and women in their 30s and 40s are sexy as hell.

While I agree with you, I don't think it would be bad if they will be together. I mean, their relationship has been developed so deeply, to Akira isn't only a crush anymore. I get the feeling Kondo sees a bit himself in her, and he doesn't want she makes his same mistake, giving up on her dream. So he could start to force her to run again (see chapter 79). Now Akira reaction will be interesting. She always avoided also Haruka, her best friend, because she reminds her of this problem. Will she feel the need to isolate herself also from Masami, now? Will Masami become an annoying presence, like Haruka, now that he touched this topic seriously?

In chapter 56 he realized that he's in love with her too. So we'll see how it goes after ch 79.

I feel bad for Akira. In 79 chapters she got only three physical contacts with Masami: the hug, that has been the boldest one, a handshake (during Yuto birthday) and in chapter 79, Masami touched her arm to stop her.
I like how the author is considering in a so precious way the physical contact between them, keeping the development of the relationship the most platonic possible. But knowing how much Akira is attracted to Masami, it must be really painful for her. I find mean how some people often belittle her feelings. In my opinion, unrequited love is one of the worst things ever. If she could enjoy that physical contact, she wouldn't smell his clothes or wear his hair tonic as a creep. It's the lack of physical contact that makes her act this way.

ONEESAN BELONG TO THEIR OTOUTO

Sorry, I forgot one occasion: when he helped her after she injured her foot. So, only 4 physical contacts.

He has openly admitted that to himself, or it's your free interpretation? Sure, in my opinion, he is falling in love, despite the fact he is repressing his feelings, but if you can tell me clearly what he thought, it would be nice.

Both of the first two times he touched her overtly she used as fantasy fodder while she pleasured herself. He has to be careful with the physical contact because if he embraced her for read she'd masturbate so hard to the memory of it she'd have a sprained wrist to add to her foot.

He has openly admitted that to himself at the end of ch 56. And he had halucinations/dreams in the next chapter (57) about her coming to him at night when he was trying to (unsuccessfully) fall asleep.

Why, so you can use it as fodder for another post about how he didn't REALLY mean it because he loves the ex who divorced him most and is going to "come back with her"?

Stop samefagging and go to bed. Your post style is instantly recognizeable; we know it's you right away, and you're not encouraging discussion, just pissing everyone off.

I don't see them ever getting together, but if Akira gets with the kid will it be better or worse than Usagi Drop?

While you could have said the same things with more tact, basically he is actually very careful with the physical contact, because he doesn't want to encourage her in doing anything that isn't absolutely platonic with him. When he hugged her, he was pretty genuine, but when she hugged him back, it sounded the alarm in his head, and he sent her to home immediately.

Better. Oneesan makes everything better.

What? I am supporting Akira and Masami, user. I want only to know if he now calls what he feels "love", because before he wasn't able to call those feelings like that.

Why some people have this perversion about Yuto? Geez.

What perversion? Their age difference is less jarring than Akira and Masami.

>It's the lack of physical contact that makes her act this way

Rapist in the making.

What's their age difference again? 10 years? Less? More?

Also, he will try to avoid her for a few chapters after his own admission, until she will corner him and ask him why is he avoiding her.

Oh my, it's not only a matter of age gap. Some people look really retards. It's about the type of relationship. Yuto is only 9/10 years old, while she is already an adult, basically. She treats him as a little brother. But you think it wouldn't be gross, if someday she tried to get him as boyfriend when he is older, just because she wasn't able to get his father. It's like you haven't a brain user. It's disgusting to think like she would use the kid as a replacement of his father.

He's 10, so when he's turning 18 Akira will be a delicious 25 year old cake.

It's like you have never read a josei manga, user.

It's a shoujo manga, user.

Perfect.

>Neither small nor just the tip.
Also, hopefully at both ends.

This is seinen, and so far it wasn't written like garbage. So NO, I don't think the author will make AkiraxYuto possible. Akira said openly that she isn't the kind of woman who could use someone as a replacement if she can't get the one she loves. Yuto would be a replacement just because he is Masami's son.

You cannot be this new.

I gather this is your first manga.

I know Sup Forums is full of retards, don't worry. And I am sure this series won't end with AkiraxYuto. Currently he us still 9, anyway. He will become 10 in one of the untranslated chapters, and Akira will be 18 at June.

he is*

>josei
>shoujo
>seinen
Which is it!?

It's a josei published in a seinen magazine. It happens.

No, user, sorry, but I know more manga than you for sure. I was able to predict that Usagi Drop garbage ending, exactly like I am able to say that in Koi Ame Akira will never fall for Yuto.

Akira might not get with the son, but 100% won't get with the father.
First love doesn't mean you won't get with anyone forever.

I think the possibility is: 90% she won't be with Masami (open end about romance, while she will run again), 8% she will be with Masami, 1% with Yoshizawa, 0% with Yuto.

Seinen. Publication determines demographic. Spirits is a seinen magazine so Koi wa Ameagari no You no is a seinen manga. It has a female author and has a lot of style and plot elements common to many shoujo/josei series, but it's still seinen.

Dengeki publishes romance yuri manga that are definitely not shounen.
KoiAme is a josei published in a seinen manga.

>at both ends

Tenchou is a pure old man and not for pegging.

It runs in a shounen magazine, it's shounen. It's just mean it's a Yuri Romance meant for boys to read.

Unless you think Shounen means battle manga. Surely you don't think that don't you user?

This. And seinen have usually the best written romance ever. See Maison Ikkoku. And Maison Ikkoku influence on Koi Ame looks heavy enough, so it could get also a happy ending between Akira and Masami.

The points in common with Maison Ikkoku are huge. It's only the roles are someway inverted.
Akira is basically Godai. Both of them struggling with an apparent impossible love. Akira, in love with a man way older than her, Godai in love with a widow older than him.
In both the cases, they don't care about this taboo love, but it's a huge problem for their love interests.
Kyoko had still some slight feelings for his dead husband (who had been her teacher, way older than her), and above all, like Kondo, she thought she couldn't have a second chance in her life, and that she should respect his husband memory forever. Progressively she starts to fall for Godai, but her being a widow, it's a huge "no no" in her head.
Kondo could have still some slight feelings for his ex-wife, but above all, even though he is progressively falling for Akira, the age gap is a huge "no no" in his head.
Both the stories are written perfectly, by considering both the male and female points of views. Akira daydreaming about Kondo, reminds me of Godai daydreaming about Kyoko all the time, and this is so cute for a Maison Ikkoku lover like me.

Godai and Kyouko didn't have a ~30 year age difference.

Are you retard? In that case the taboo was about her being already a widow, and we are speaking about a story set in Japan during the 80s.

Not only Kyoko had the burden of being already a widow, but she had also challenged social rules, marrying her teacher, way older than her. So, in the conservative Japan of the 80s, she was already a widow in her early 20s, who had also married her old teacher. I hope you can understand her social status for those years, in a society like Japanese society, and this is her mother was terribly afraid she would had remained alone forever. Her position wasn't better than Kondo's one, with him dealing with the age gap taboo.

and this is why her mother*

They probably think he smells like cigarette smoke, which stinks to a lot of people. I like the smell though even if I'm not a smoker.