Ok, why do people think that deku is good character...

ok, why do people think that deku is good character? i mean he's a punk ass bitch who wants to be fucked by stupid cunt who insulted, and bullied him for years. also why the fuck he was given the quirk? He would be better character if he didn't have any powers

>He would be better character if he didn't have any powers
there wouldn't be a story if he didn't have any powers

Bebtter than gon

Because Deku is a self insert MC that appeals to the "I'm such a nerd" faggots? He has this bland sob story that's supposed to make you feel for him, about how he looks up to AM because he watched some youtube vids, and wants to be like him of course. He finds out though that he's 1 out of 5 people who don't have quirks and gets super durrpressed. But again most people in his world have either shit quirks or no quirks like him and don't get to be heroes. Which just makes Deku come off as an entitled piece of shit who makes his mom over eat because she feels responsibl just because he couldn't get over something he found out about when he was like 5.
Then through a super contrived series of events he conveniently gets handed the most powerful quirk. And now we are supposed to follow him on his journey and be impressed that he's going to make it even though he has far and away the most powerful quirk?
It's ridiculous watching the series make a big fuss about him going up against a guy who's got swords!! OH NO!! Then even when his opponents do outwit him somehow even though he's already been informed of what their quirk is, his plot armor kicks in and is saved.
So obviously he's retarded which is why I don't get why people say he's an intelligent MC just because he can come up with some basic plans that rely on how ridiculously OP his quirk is. Like I'm gonna blow a hole through a 3 story building with my punch and you do your thing Ochako while the opponent is caught up in the explosion. I'm gonna punch this lake into a whirlpool and you guys use your quirks and do what you do. You would have to be retarded to be impressed by that, I've seen

>bnhafag fanbase
is compromised of 95% newfag, all the experienced readers jumped ship after they realised it didn't live up to it's good start and just went the route of generic standard shounen tripe.

best to ignore them when you see them.

Kek no.

>at least he’s better than..
Why does everything get compared to hxh?

because for a while bnhafags rivaled hxhfags at their peak of pretentious subversion-posting and pretending their little baby's first manga had something resembling literary value.

naturally, hxhfags, the evafags of the manga medium, felt offended by this and rose to the occasion spectacularly and shitposted relentlessly in most bnha threads.
that being said, they weren't wrong. bnha is shit.

He'd be Batman if he didn't have any powers.

>ok, why do people think that deku is good character?
Because he's relatively an underdog character who got pressured in a society where he's not seen as being the thing he dreams of being. When he gets the opportunity because of his potential heroism he uses it to make good with it.
>who wants to be fucked by stupid cunt who insulted
Hes stated Katsuki is an asshole but someone he looks up to because he's legit amazing and set on his goals.
>also why the fuck he was given the quirk?
Speedreader confirmed, All Might gave him a chance because he sussed him out by showing acts of selflessness.
>He would be better character if he didn't have any powers
He probably would've had a very different story arc but all the people he's helped would've suffered without his influence.

What are you reading now, experienced "oldfag"?

>generic standard shounen
and the problem with that is?

This is the case sure, but everything watched, read or discussed these days is baby's first manga. Name a single good thing to come out in the past 3 years or so that you'd consider to have value.

this but unironically

He's Luke Skywalker pretty much

>luke became true hero in EU

berserk

I fell for the bait gain. Damnit

shouens are shit. even jojo reached it's peak while it became seien

or iron man

Worst running shenon. I give it 2 more years before getting the Toriko traitement.

that's completely wrong , if izuku didn't get ofa , mirio would have gotten ofa and class a would still targeted

>ild would be killed by stain
>bakugo would still be kidnapped
> only this time izuku won't be there to rescue bakugo so all might would focus on the fight
> so all might would die this time
>muscular wouldn't have been defeated and kouta would be dead

learn how to spell before coming here

>shenon

It's pasta, user. You're not supposed to talk with food. The point of my post was that 90% of replies itt are copy and paste. The other 10%, I suspect, pastas unknown to me.

Did you forget to eat your tide pods today?

Are there more like these? Also who the fuck is the seconf character suppose to be? I don't watch shounenshit

So basically the left is realistic and 99% of Sup Forums, while the right is full on shounen. Is this why bnhfags eat it up?

Asta from black clover I think
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this

>punk ass bitch
For a scawny manlet, he handles his arms exploding pretty well.
>who wants to be fucked by stupid cunt who insulted, and bullied him for years.
Deku admires Bakugou because he knows him personally. He knows how smart and talented he is. And how he also idolises All Might. He relates to him and uses him as motivation to get better.
>also why the fuck he was given the quirk? He would be better character if he didn't have any powers
Because All Might saw himself in him, and that Deku has the perfect mindset to carry it on.

Also a reminder that Deku has already changed the lives of two children for the absolute better. He could already die and be called a hero.

knuckleduster makes the quirkless hero life seem fine to be desu

Deku is literally Anime Captain America.
Also Batman is the most overrated character of all time. I am sick of reading/hearing people bitch about how "Deku should have been like Batman"

>Deku is literally Anime Captain America.
How are they anything alike?

Would've been better if he started with a shit quirk instead on none.

>virgin nerd who got super steroid powers

Scrawny guys with a strong sense of justice and courage are given a chance to receive Superpowers, and become beacons of hope and help inspire others

But user he most likely has a quirk that will surface as it was implied

what? this is some major bullshit

Man, this is true on so many levels, yes Deku IS the virgin and Asta IS the Chad.

However Asta is so fucking unlikable, I hated reading Black Clover mostly because of him, and that's don't make any sense, because all you said about him is true he's a real bro, but fuck how annoying can he be? What the hell, the only legit parts where I cared for him was in the Noble's meeting and After he lost his arms and saw his guild's friends planning on how to help him.

I wished he wasn't such a retard all the fucking time so I could actually enjoy BC.

Noelle best girl

black clover also sucks

>I am sick of reading/hearing people bitch about how "Deku should have been like Batman"
Fucking this.
You fucks scream "OH MY" all the time but Batman lives LEAGUES above in terms of asspullery and has to stay there to even function in DC.

i thougt he should be more like joseph jostar

The problem with Deku lately has nothing to do with his origin story. There's nothing wrong with the premise of his character or his growth, regardless of how obsessed people are with Batman.

His problem is that he's become very passive. He's friends with everyone in the class, he's been accepted as a hero, the old generation is fine with him being the successor to All Might's legacy, he hasn't gone through any real trauma since his childhood. He just wants to help people and grow stronger, but the manga can only repeat that story so many times before it gets stale. It might make him a good hero, but it makes him a pretty flat protagonist.

Deku is at his best when he's intense. The Sports Festival arc where he dealt with Todoroki's shit, the forest where he broke his body down desperately trying to control the situation. He doesn't need to be a mad man all the time, but at least give him some conflict in his daily life. Make Bakugo an actual rival, let him get annoyed at people in his class, show him training his ass off. SOMETHING other than being a perfect good boy who's occasionally sad in front of All Might.

Totally agree with you, but i like the anime anyways.

Batman has super powers. He's unrealistically athletic, energetic and intelligent. He also has infinite money and science fiction technology which functions like magic. He's basically a demi god and he's even less believable than other heroes because he doesn't have a convenient excuse for his overpowered horseshit.

Because Sup Forums likes to pretend that HxH is better than it is

He's not rich.

Or particularly smart.

Mostly he just works his ass off doing analysis beforehand so he knows what tactics can work at that moment.

No, Asta sucks. Any other MC and BC would have been fine.

But KD isn't a Hero

>He's a good person so he's flat
Fuck off

I love how Boku no Pico Academia fags are so dismissively defensive of anyone pointing out the show's flaws, no matter how neutrally and well argued it's done.

>flaws
Whatever helps you sleep ar night

>t. butthurt Rey fag

I'm saying he needs to be an active character.

Deku doesn't push the story forward, he's totally reactionary. He waits for a villain to attack, then gets really angry and punches them to try and reset the status quo. Although the heart of the story is Deku's coming of age it feels like the "plot" unfolds without him, and a protagonist who doesn't drive the story can be pretty fucking boring. Look at Ichigo.

Outside of those scenarios he's this very vanilla kid who's just agreeable and likable and a little nerdy. No major flaws, no real drama to overcome, not particularly funny or charismatic. Just a normal highschool kid, almost coming off as a self-insert for the audience. He's ambition to be the top hero, sure, but his way of working for it is incrementally just getting power ups at the end of every arc until he hits 100%.

There's just no hook to him anymore. Back when he was an outsider in this world of superheroes who couldn't even use his quirk it was a different story, but there's really nothing separating him from the rest of his class. It's why Bakugo is seemingly a lot more popular, because he's got a tangible goal, fun relationships with other characters in the cast, and is visibly developing.

The manga needs to throw a curveball Deku's way soon.

deku is a bitch

They don't

belive me user they do

>Deku doesn't push the story forward,
This is the stupidest shit I've heard all day because he does nothing but push thestory forward

>No major flaws
He lacks confidence in himself and generally is insecure of his own standings. For his position as the next symbol of peace he needs to completely change his character outlook by the end of the story.
>no real drama to overcome
His own quandary of injuring himself when he uses his power is a constant issue to the point that his mother wanted him to quit being a hero
>not particularly funny or charismatic
Nice opinion.

You didn't even read the manga is you spouted this stupid shit.

> It's why Bakugo is seemingly a lot more popular, because he's got a tangible goal, fun relationships with other characters in the cast, and is visibly developing.
Wrong on all accounts Bakufujo

That's not true at all. My Hero Academia follows a very strict story arc pattern of "the class goes to do a regular school activity, the League of Villains secretly gets involved, Deku just happens to be at the right place at the right time to fight the arcs big bad."

It happened with the USJ incident. It happened with the Stain field training. It happened with the forest camping trip. The recent Overhaul arc was slightly different because his internship just so happened to be assigned a mission that involved the League of Villains instead of them making a surprise entrance, but it's effectively the same shit.

The ONLY time Deku intentionally got involved with the plot before a crisis happened was when he set out to rescue Bakugo during the Hideout Raid.

>His own quandary of injuring himself when he uses his power is a constant issue to the point that his mother wanted him to quit being a hero
The last time he seriously harmed his body with his quirk was nearly 100 chapters ago.

>My Hero Academia follows a very strict story arc pattern of "the class goes to do a regular school activity, the League of Villains secretly gets involved
Tournament arc
Final Exam arc
License arc

You really didn't read this manga I see.

>The last time he seriously harmed his body with his quirk was nearly 100 chapters ago.
He injured himself again after the latest arc

I always thought that this was one the dumbest things. The last picture shouldn't be part of his progress because it's actually stupid to think it counts towards his self confidence as a hero. Being literally unable to be harmed and acting tough is quite stupid in comparison to the first three where there was atleast some danger and he faced it. But in the last picture him acting all tough when he basically had the biggest insta-heal in the entire series it's quite dumb

>insta-heal
>literally risked killing himself

This is the superior version

>Tournament arc
>Final Exam arc
>License arc

How does Deku being drafted into school-mandated tournament arcs make him proactive in the story?
And I already cited his interactions with Todoroki during the Sports Festival as one of the highlights of his character. I have no issues with Deku early on in the story either, my complaints are mostly about how he's been stagnant for a while.

>You really didn't read this manga I see.
Why is this fanbase so ultra defensive?
I get called a Hori apologist for defending the Overhaul arc during the Chisaki fight and after Aoyama turned out to be a red herring, but I can't voice complaints about the protagonists characterization without being a shitposter?

>He injured himself again after the latest arc
Are you talking about that one moment he lost his control and jumped at 100%, but had no damage from it because Eri used his powers? Because that scene has nothing to do with breaking his promise to his mom and and that mistake had no lasting impact.

If you're talking about the injuries he sustained when counter-acting Eri's quirk that's fucking stupid.

>literally risked killing himself
>all he had to do was use his power to negate the "killing himself" part
if there were a time limit that signified that after a certain time he would actually have had permanent problems I would have probably cared. But all that he had to do was jump around. There was absolutely no risk with the 100% OFA and Eri, Deku could have been stabbed, shot and pulled apart and it wouldn't have mattered. The only thing that would have actually killed him at that point was if he stopped moving or if his brain would have been destroyed. There was no tension at all it was just a temporary power up to show how strong he can be

>How does Deku being drafted into school-mandated tournament arcs make him proactive in the story?
It gave character development to all the major characters including himself you fucking idiot.
>Why is this fanbase so ultra defensive?
Why does this hatebase get every fucking thing wrong about this manga and then act like bitches whenever someone points it out like "hurr stop being so defensive". Piss off.

>Are you talking about that one moment he lost his control and jumped at 100%,
Wrong again dumbfuck. Come on you claimed you read this manga you can obvious tell which moment I'm talking about.

Are you fucking stupid? Eri couldn't control her powers and there was a risk of him reverting himself to nothing because as he used OfA Eri's own powers got stronger and tried to take him hence why she was begging it to stop

>his problem is that the author tried to make him relatable
>somehow this is valid criticism
Every time on this board.
Everyone loves underdog stories. If you want to blame anyone, blame most American superhero comics that this is inspired by.
>Get over being quirkless
Even if it were easy not having something that most people have, consider when his entire class made fun of him for being that way.
>Most people have shit quirks
As far as the universe goes, a shit quirk is still better than no quirk. Especially if you want to be a hero. Go re-read Aizawa's initial test. In fact, go re-read the entire thing.
>basic plans that rely on his quirk
This is wrong, but even if it was true, how is this a problem? Mineta had no plan, Froppy had no plan during that time. When they wanted to rescue Bakugou, Iida had no plan, Todoroki had no plan, nor did Momo. Hes pretty tactical. As far as actual intelligence goes, its been established that he's not the most intelligent in his class.

>It gave character development to all the major characters including himself you fucking idiot.
Cool. That has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
And Deku got fuck all in terms of development during the License Exam anyway.

>Come on you claimed you read this manga you can obvious tell which moment I'm talking about.
Him going 20% Full Cowl? That was a little painful for him but didn't damage his body, he was maintaining that perfectly fine.
Him going 100% Full Cowl? That was literally saving his life, the threat there was Eri. Not his own quirk.

What significant damage did One for All do to Deku during the Chisaki fight? Please tell me, because I sure as hell can't think of anything. Cut it out with the fucking "lol you're wrong and don't read the manga" bullshit and actually post some examples to support your points if you want to hold a conversation, because I'm tired of being baited and I'm not going to comb through a 50 chapter arc for you.

>That has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
Character development moves the story forward dumbshit
>And Deku got fuck all in terms of development during the License Exam anyway.
Wrong again retard

>That was a little painful for him but didn't damage his body
Good to see you read again

todoroki is a edgy punk with daddy issues

Disgusting

>Character development moves the story forward dumbshit
I'm talking about Active vs. Passive characters. Ones who make things happen, and ones that things just happen to.

When Deku ends up in a crisis it's because the League of Villains invades somewhere that he's training. When Shigaraki interacts with Deku it's because Shigaraki approaches him. He got his field training and internship mentors because he was invited by the prior and recommended to the latter. When Eri was in trouble and needed saving she was the one who first approached Deku. When Deku learned Aoyama was stalking him he didn't fucking do anything until Aoyama once again initiated a conversation. When Deku trains its because he's at a school exercise. His destiny to save the world from All For One was pushed on him. Even Deku's inevitable love interest is the one taking the first steps.

Deku isn't a character with initiative. He meanders through the story, going through his day to day life, and happens to get thrown into crazy situations. With very few exceptions he only steps up to the plate when someone needs saving, and recently that's because they're first asking for help. Because he just reacts to things, he never takes the first step for anything himself. It's why I compared him to Ichigo.

It makes him boring to follow. As of right now characters like Shigaraki, All Might, Bakugo and even Todoroki would make more interesting viewpoints for the story. And sure, maybe that's because he's still the insecure nerdy kid, but by the end of this year we'll be 200 chapters into this manga and if he doesn't start manning up soon it'll be a detriment to the story going forward. A long-form shonen can't be supported by a main character who just floats from conflict to conflict.

>Wrong again retard
He got his license. Because he helped people, the thing that's been his best quality since chapter 1. What a stunning development.

He also told Shoto to stop being retarded, I guess.

kero

- He's a dork but isn't super smart.
- He's strong but it comes with downsides, forcing him to use alternatives where possible.
- He's not a hot-blooded shouty kid.
- He's not some arrogant isekai self-insert
- We sympathise with his miserable childhood
- Even though he receives deus ex powers, it's firmly established he still had to work hard to get them. Even when things are handed to him on a plate, they aren't - he wasn't gifted with powers, he was gifted the opportunity, which is different.
- He has plot armor because he's the MC, but his vulnerability is still made apparent.
- He wins and loses in relatively equal amounts.
- He's just a nice dude.

Granted some of the above points are undermined by the story's developments and he's going further and further in the "chosen one" direction, but this was pretty much established from the start and the groundwork for it to happen makes it reasonable.

If you don't find him a likeable personality I question how exactly you function in society.

>I'm talking about Active vs. Passive characters. Ones who make things happen, and ones that things just happen to.
Then you automatically fucking love since the very first fucking chapter he has been active
>He got his field training and internship mentors because he was invited by the prior and recommended to the latter.
No? He asked All Might and he recommended Sir to him and then he asked Mirio to introduce him also Sir didn't even want Deku to join his company to begin with and Deku had to pass his test. Do you just love getting BTFO constantly?
>When Eri was in trouble and needed saving she was the one who first approached Deku
So Deku was suppose to know who a character was before she even apeared great logic.
>When Deku trains its because he's at a school exercise.
We see Deku training by himself constantly and this latest chapter he ask Mina to teach him how to dance.

>When Deku learned Aoyama was stalking him he didn't fucking do anything until Aoyama once again initiated a conversation.
And this is also wrong since in the very chapter he was waiting till the right moment to talk to Aoyama. He was actually the first to even engage in the fucking conversation.

The rest doesn't even apply
>Deku isn't active because Villians attack him
Are you legit fucking stupid?

>He got his field training and internship mentors because he was invited by the prior and recommended to the latter

He brought it up to All Might who mentioned who Nighteye was. Nighteye never wanted to train him to begin with.

>When Deku learned Aoyama was stalking him he didn't fucking do anything until Aoyama once again initiated a conversation.
He was the one who initiated the conversation.

Deku is NOT a good character. Shounen MCs are typically not very interesting because you know most of their thoughts and fears, strengths and weaknesses. They're bland, because you can't really see them going anywhere but up.

>Deku is NOT a good character.
Sup Bakufujo

Sir actually did plan to enlist Deku from day one.

>Sir actually did plan to enlist Deku from day one.

My bad, I'm definitely wrong with those two.
I remembered Mirio saying he'd introduce Deku to Nighteye and bringing him to the office, but I forgot that Deku came to the same conclusion himself separately. Same with Deku's inner monologue with Aoyama. I'm really tired right now and I guess I'm mixing some details up.

That said, I'd still argue that Deku is primarily a character who marches to the beat of someone elses drum. Maybe not as extreme as I was making out when talking with the other user, but enough that there's clearly a sentiment among a lot of readers about him being spineless and boring.

Some scenes of him simply going on hero duty and patrolling the city, stopping criminals and saving random civilians like his classmates have done, would really help diminish that feeling.

>there wouldn't be a story if he didn't have any powers
Batman doesn't have superpowers, and he beat superman. Deku could've used superior tactics and lost of money like batman.

That page occurs before the screenshot I posted. Deku also didn't pass sir's test which means the entire exercise was useless. Sir planned to enlist him from the moment he heard Deku was coming. Nothing Deku did in their "steal the bell" test changed the outcome.

>That page occurs before the screenshot I posted.
To prove that you're full of shit or that Sir changed his mind. He never wanted Deku in.

Imagine if Froppy was given One For All

>Sir says during that later exchange that he was lying to Deku when he first met and planned to take him in even before they met.
>"He changed his mind and never wanted Deku in."

>Sir says that he didn't approve of Deku joining him
>H-h-h-h-he was lying! That's right! It was just a prank bro!

Knuckleduster is the best part of Vigilantes because he's a quirkless badass who beats villains into submission.

>Because he's relatively an underdog character
He was no longer an underdog character the second he got one of the strongest quirks known.

Yes. It was a lie. Like he literally said to Deku.
He was baiting Deku. Because Nighteye's goals with hiring Deku was to show him how tough the real world is, that Deku cannot be the symbol of peace, and to get him to pass his powers onto Mirio. The whole "test" was just a hazing process.

Do you have no reading comprehension?

>Not reading it just to shitpost on BnHA threads and watch them cry when they can't refute your points.

This. gon is even more generic