Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution

So this came out in select theaters yesterday, did anyone actually bother watching it? This review from the Otakon 2017 premiere got me laughing.
>This older footage is used in a maddeningly style of flashbacks, there are twelve of them in the first hour alone and twenty or twenty-four in the entire movie depending on how you count them (a large chunk of the audience started groaning by flashback number seventeen).
>before the movie the MC asked if the audience was familiar with the original series, the movie, and AO and AO was met with outright boos from the audience.
>To point: after the credits there was a small teaser trailer for the second movie, which Kyoda thought of as “Anemone 7” (who doesn’t appear at all in this film) and it shows, of all things, the soccer filler episode being re-animated with the mechs being used to play soccer and Anemone (along with possibly a few of the AO girls) appearing in a flashy magical girl sequence
Why must Bones do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY
planetaryoratorio.tumblr.com/post/170506095426/
youtube.com/watch?v=iKBv54TWuyI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZttnYNZ-6fY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anemone is best girl

I saw it dubbed. It's [Spoiler]fine.[/Spoiler]

It's basically the Death and Rebirth of E7. The first 20 minutes is all new animation depicting the first summer of love and then the rest is re used animation loosely arranged through flashbacks and flash forwards. The sountrack is all new from what I noticed.

It seems they are setting up a love triangle between renton, eureka and anemone for some reason for the next movie, but honestly I don't care. AO was way worse.

>The sountrack is all new from what I noticed.
Fucking nice
Can't say as much for the rest when it's re using decade old footage though. Why is this allowed?

>love triangle between renton, eureka and anemone
For what purpose when anemone is never going to win?
What is this shit? Are you sure it's better than AO?

AO was supposed to be a sequel to the original series. This is a "retelling" kinda like the rebuild films. Think pocketful of rainbows but not too different.

For me it's just another AU with the exception of the Summer of love sequence, mainly because it doesn't contradict the original series.

>It seems they are setting up a love triangle between renton, eureka and anemone for some reason for the next movie
What the fuck?

Can’t wait to see how Bones ruins her in the next movie

I watched it. My area had it subbed, with a dubbed version coming tomorrow.

Like , the first 20 mins actually show what happened during the Summer of Love (btw, did the original series ever reference the Silver Box? If it did, I forgot) and that was an actiony sequence for the most part (plus, when they said Adroc saved "the world", they literally mean it). The rest of the movie would be COMPLETELY incomprehensible to someone who hasn't watched the show. Pretty much the film is a bunch of scenes of things prior to Helker Skelter, going backwards with some stints of forward. A LOT of the stuff is things between Acperience and Helter Skelter. It isn't really as good as a "compilation film" since it doesn't really even include how Renton started off (the only things at all from the first few episodes is a scene of Renton in class, the board selling guy leaving the town and the whole "My town sucks" spiel, and the crash scene where Eureka and the Nirvash first appear to Renton). You don't even see or hear about Renton's granddad at all in the movie. The scenes of the movie they did choose seemed to focus on Renton's character development, so the movie does a good job at showing how he changes from the start of the series to right before Helter Skelter.

The sound track was nice. The ending scene of the movie was not action at all, but it was feels-good amazing, especially with the sound track.

Spoiler for next movie: LFO cheerleaders and LFO soccer; also enter Anemone

>btw, did the original series ever reference the Silver Box? If it did, I forgot
No, it’s something new

>It seems they are setting up a love triangle between renton, eureka and anemone for some reason for the next movie
I don't believe this. There's no way they would do something that stupid. It's much more likely that you're just autistic and misread a basic social cue presented in the movie.

Renton has posters of Anemone in his room in the movie. It's a posibility that something of the sort would happen.

There’s been rumors of a potential love triangle for months now, and unfortunately it looks like they might actually go through with it

The first movie doesn't seem to be interfering with the canon, so I am guessing there won't be any love triangle since it wasn't present in the original series (and that any such "inklings" of that are misdirection)

She's an idol now so doesn't really say much.
Everything after the 3rd greentext is a reach. I still say we won't know until we see it.

Thousands and thousands of little kids have posters of Derek Jeter on their walls. They don't want to fuck him. Looks like my first assumption was correct, you're autistic.

>love triangles add drama and plays with the dynamics in relationships
Well, that guy's clearly retarded, so no point in listening to him. Love triangles are added to anime for self insert loser otaku who want to imagine all the girls wanting them.

Why do they keep reviving this franchise and missing the point of everything that made it popular every single time?

It's about surfer culture on a weird planet with a coming of age story that ends happily. You don't even need Eureka or Renton to be involved. They keep trying to reinvent the wheel and they end up with squares and triangles.

Honestly they should've just adapted this

>Why do they keep reviving this franchise and missing the point of everything that made it popular every single time?
Sire as fuck isn't the nonsense you spouted

They should have adapted an unpopular anime game that nobody cates about?

>Why
Why do you need such an obvious question answered for you?

Money.

It doesn't fuck with the original series, unlike AO and HE

>denial phase

Nobody denies that it's there to pander but love triangles do add drama to relationships. This is Bones were talking about so it's not entirely out of the question. They've already shown that they're willing to alter most of the original material with the reboot including Renton and Eureka's relationship.

No, it really doesn't. There is no "drama" because it's always a 100% given exactly how the love triangle will end before the series even starts. The girl on the cover of volume 1 will win. No suspense, no drama.

Are the adopted kids in the movie?
>mfw watching E7 and hoping the kids would somehow be forcibly left behind when Renton and Eureka went through the Great Wall only for them to still be there

>Didn't read New Order or the manga
It's not a given when it's a work of fiction. For all we know they could very well decide to kill off everyone. Simply denying any possibility of it happening is equally as stupid.

You should know everything you need to know about Hi-Evolution when Kyoda in interview directly admitted they put a bunch of expository subtitles on screen in the movie because they couldn't figure out how to tell a story. It's just Bones, Kyoda specifically, trying to ride some of that old lightning in a bottle that the original work against all odds was.

AO was The Last Jedi of Eureka Seven.
HE is the Holiday fucking Special.

>new order
>manga
Not canon. They're trying to make some kind of dramatic conclusion where everybody dies and no one is happy for everything that wasn't the original TV show and I get a feeling that we only lucked into a good ending because somebody with a brain in their head on the staff pushed for it or otherwise they'd go for cheap forced drama there too.

>It's not a given when it's a work of fiction
You're trying to argue with over 50 years worth of a recurring pattern in anime and manga. It is a given, and you're not nearly as smart as you like to think you are.

Drama is used to highlight the physical and emotional struggles of the characters involved. Knowing the outcome doesn't change its use.

>ey are setting up a love triangle between renton, eureka and anemone for some
Absolutely disgusting.

And you're trying to argue that anomalies don't occur. Even the original planned ending was changed because 2 VAs didn't like it. How often do directors change planned script just because VA's didnt "like it". Clearly you haven't bothered to look at a millennia of literature.

>Even the original planned ending was changed because 2 VAs didn't like it.
Asbolute heroes of mankind.

Love triangle "drama" is a cheap and worthless plot device used to attempt force a story along when the writers can't think of anything else.

>ITT: We pretend E7 is it’s own thing and that no sequels/remakes/reboots ever existed

With that being said, rank the OPs. Overall I’d say 4>1>2>>>>>, but solely songwise I’d say 4>1>3>2

That's not at all what I'm trying to do, but you're just so stupid you have to hyperbole ever argument you see so that you can delude yourself into thinking you're correct. It's clearly not even worth trying to talk to you, because your cognitive dissonance prevents you from understanding anything.

So, enjoy having the last word, which I know you'll take, because you're so used to losing everything you want it badly, because you think it means you "win".

>implying the writer wasn't a hack to begin with
let's not forget his last masterpiece, Dai Shogun.

I tell myself that the kids allow Eureka to get some development. But they're just so shitty that it's not worth it.

They actually allow Renton to get development.

4>1>2>AO 2>AO 1>3

There is every need to be upset.

They do help both of them in a sense and I have to admit Maurice’s (the oldest kid) line in the last episode about their “papa saving their mama” was nice but yeah, having the kids around definitely was not worth it at all.

>that pic

Fuck it, I'll post Yoshida art.

Lord Almighty

Oh fuck E7 is on my backlog and I was planning to watch it before this came out

Liked g rec art

His designs in G-Reco are his best imo

Yeah, Rec wasnt the best mecha or good Gundam, but designs and the OP were great.

>tfw his artbook will probably never be scanned

And finally, the T-shirt design I made tinkering a promotional image from the new BD

Eureka 7 was the first anime I truly cared about as a teenager. God I hate AO so much.

I want to believe

You do realize that forced happy ending of the original was a last minute thing and new order was the original ending right?

That's some shittiest ass taste you got there

>Eureka 7 was the first anime I truly cared about as a teenager.
Wow that's sad as shit

are you implying this was the wrong decision? the anime's ending is one of the most memorable things about e7 that i loved.

>>Not muh Gundam
>>Not muh Evangelion

Eureka Seven was a fucking treasure.

Yes because the ending made no fucking sense.

I forgot how cancerous E7fags are

I wish they had gone further with the whole cloning of Eureka concept. If I'm not mistaken Anemone was made through this similar process? So she used to be human?

I wonder how much of Franxx's popularity is just repressed desires from a lack of Anemone in E7.

Is amazing how much this image implies

should see begins to sperg when an user tells him to keep an open mind.

I wonder if you realize how fucking stupid you sound.

>clone
Weren't they just injected with her magic alien aids or some shit ? My memories are fuzzy.

imagining it as an alternate spin off of anemone and domonic is the only thing that keeps me watching that anime.

Sounds like the sequel is going to be a 2.22.

Does this mean Renton cucks Dominic?

>It seems they are setting up a love triangle between renton
If this is true, for what purpose? Why do they keep ruining their own story like this? The original was fine, not to mention Dominic and Anemone's relationship was fucking great to se develop. Why would you ruin that?

No, it wasn't a last minute decision and even if it was that doesn't change the fact that the manga is a non canon spin off. It was a midpoint decision. And the New Order ending wasn't a surefire ending either, it was one of the possible endings. They wanted to see what the reactions to the series were before deciding on an ending. People liked the romance and relationship between Eureka and Renton so they went with a happy ending.

>No, it wasn't a last minute decision
It was. The ending exists mainly because Kyoda wanted to subvert expectations and give a happy ending because he grew fond of the cast it was never suppose to be the bullshit that we got hence why it makes no sense. New Order is the original ending.

The happy ending is canon, thats all that matters. The fuck kind of messed up perspective must you have to want an ending like the one in New Order?

>New Order is the original ending
Okay, but it's still not the canon ending. Endings change all the time, not sure why you're so hung up on this.

>The happy ending is canon
Not anymore

AO was trash and I refuse to acknowledge it.

Didn’t AO basically retcon itself out of existence?

Didn't the end of AO literally erase itself from canon?

See when I think of an E7 sequel I think of this. Two unusual kids striking out into an unfamiliar world recovering from a massive upheaval, finding their places in the world steeped in 80s/90s subculture.

What even the fuck is AO compared to that.

No. It still exists

>shitstirring faggots

Still one of the best anime OST's ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY

F

Why can't bones leave E7 alone? Everything after the original series is garbage and the original series isn't that great to begin with.

>Bones
You mean Kyoda. The studio is perfectly capable of leaving franchises alone to the dismay of Darker Than Black fags but the director just won't let it go and as a result the franchise has more bad entries than good now.

>pachinko ending where AO is being saved by fleur and generation bleu (being its only purpose to find AO) is cannon

Pachinko saved AO, pachinko can save E7.

So someone uploaded the preview for the second movie. Shit looks like a mess
>planetaryoratorio.tumblr.com/post/170506095426/

The remix is pretty good too. The music for E7 is always good, shame the same can't be said for the media they belong to.

youtube.com/watch?v=iKBv54TWuyI

His whole backstory was pretty much retcon by him using the retcon gun to send his parents back home. Since he chose to retcon everything that lead up to the circumstances surrounding his existence just so his parents can have a happy ending. Technically he shouldn't even still exist, but I guess Bones didn't want to permanently erase his existence to make AO as a series truly be pointless.

Although, keeping him alive and changing the TV series endings sightly so Ao ends up in a world that people somehow know him doesn't really changed the fact it made the original AO series since his original world he came from is gone for good.

The new ending states that everyone remembers the Ao from the original world since he was the one that changed everyone's future outcomes which lead everyone into forming Project Astral Ocean to meet him at the designation to save him.

>That Anemone magical girl sequence

This has to be a ruse. Please be a ruse

Goddamn those kids were the worst thing in the series.

>love triangle

Only salvagable thing seems to be butterfly Eureka being emotional.

Tomino put shitty kids in everything, so that's a trope now even though they add absolutely nothing. Notice how AO was all about Renton and Eureka's kids but there was no mention of the little niggers.

So it's pretty much a force happy ending on having people in a timeline somehow recall Ao existence from another timeline.

I don't know what the director wants to do with Eureka 7 franchise anymore. The story is pretty much done. Ao technically was pointless sequel altogether beside knowing that Eureka and Renton had a kid. A We will never see the timeline in which they are happy with their own kids since AO was pretty much Ao changing people fates while he was losing everything in the end which was retcon by the new ending. The Eureka Pocket movie was unnecessarily. Now we got these alternative movies which I don't know what they want to do. It seems like the second movie will have some fan-service in it.

>So it's pretty much a force happy ending on having people in a timeline somehow recall Ao existence from another timeline.
Did you expect anything less? Though it another way to interpret it is that because Ao saved all his friends while traveling through time for 2 years thus changing their futures was the reason why Generation Bleu existed though that brings up the question why would they care about saving someone they shouldn't really know unless they remember him from the previous timeline.

Thanks to this thread I found out that AO got proper ending. I've been out of the E7 loop for so long I didn't even know. They actually gave the fucker a happy ending. Here if anyone wants to watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZttnYNZ-6fY

Ao honestly shouldn't currently exist in the first place anyway. He retcon everything about himself yet Bones still kept him alive somehow despite doing that.

Let's just say the original ending to that show got retcon out of existence.

eu was never good