So I finally finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I just see the hype behind it...

So I finally finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I just see the hype behind it. I think It is overrated and pretentious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iiDqtDUxahc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't understand how you could find this pretentious. It's not at all. I am guessing this is the new meme?

I didn't finish it. Got to episode 30 I think. It felt like I was watching The Legend of Korra.

Have a love canon.

Learn the meaning of words before flapping your gum. Something pretentious would try, not so subtly, impart the audience with some message and rubs it in the audience’s face. The message is usually shallow, meaningless, and looks like something a teenage kid that have read a single chapter of Philosophy 101 would come up, and other teenage kids would lap it up and say “Wow that’s so deep, I never thought of that before”

youtube.com/watch?v=iiDqtDUxahc

This is the most prentensious crock of shit i've ever seen, I was laughing the entire finally.

It's a pasta. Check the archive.

>pretentious
It really isn't

Just because something has some philosophical talk in it doesn't mean it's pretentious. It pretty much spells it out for you too, holding your hand.

Wow that’s so deep, I never thought of that before

Yeah I figured.
(I took a lot of screenshots so I just want to image dump)

I havent watched original, which one is superior?

The most interesting thing about the show to me anyway is the way it looks at the homunculus and what it says about human vices.

Pride, Wrath, and Envy are the worst of the bunch. I always thought of envy as one of the lesser Seven Sins before FMA, but the show makes a great case for it being in the top 3, and how it can drive someone to do the most evil things.

Envy is definitely the most evil but at the same time, also the most pathetic. What they did with Greed is interesting too.

>Values that’s present throughout the story
>Pretentious
If it was pretentious, the value would apply more to the reader/watcher than to the characters

Go look up the meaning of "pretentious", please

>pretentious
Do you mean 'contrived' instead?

Pride is the most evil imo. He's also the most powerful and destructive

"attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed. "

Pride shows at least human concern for his mother. Envy doesn't have that.

Pride is also shown to be redeemable. Envy is bitter to the end.

Pride was the worst sin in the bible as well right? Satan was cast out of heaven for being too prideful so it makes sense he'd be the strongest.

Overrated AND pretentious? You're either baiting or a retard. #1 on MAL for a reason ayyyye get fucked buzzword-kun.

go back to /r/anime

If only it was adapted by kyoani it would probably be better

Gurren Lagann, not so good

>So I just came late to the party but I want to shit on this mainstream anime that everyone loves
I'm all for shitting on popular series, but you gotta hone your trolling skills if you want to make FMAtards mad.

>overrated and pretentious
Weasel words when someone can't formulate a proper argument.

ending sucked I had to force myself to watch the last episodes

It makes sense that he's the strongest, yes. I just don't think he's the worst. I guess it depends on your perspective. I mean at least Envy didn't turn on his fellow humonculous. And at least Envy never really pretended to be something other than what it was like Bradley had to.

I liked the buildup and the 'final boss' tier villain, but I didn't like the resolution of it.

Pride got great development though and wasn't that bad in the first place. He saw his mother and Wrath as his true family while his actual father treated him like shit.

I say watch the 2003 one till episode 25 and then switch to brotherhood

if it was adapted by kyoani it would look like a vaseline smeared nightmare

It's nostalgia fuel. Mediocre at best

Sequel when?