Sword Art Online

Never read the LNs but Alice is pretty cute in Hollow Realization. Is it an accurate depiction of her character compared to the LNs and when the Alicization anime comes around?

Other urls found in this thread:

defan752.wordpress.com/sword-art-online/
sao-archive.maamue.de/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cdb2SK8vT4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=My67XfNWF94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kind of, without spoiling much. Later into the arc she gets a waifu / homey side to her, but when she is first introduced she is very knightly and regal. She's my favorite character from the series though. That being said, Eugeo and Kirito really shine as well. The three of them make a really good main cast.

Oh that's nice. I look forward to her in the anime. Do we have a date for it yet?

Truth
Alice takes things seriously for the most part. She definitely has moments of cuteness at certain scenes throughout the LNs however. Her and Eugeo are some of the best-written characters of the franchise, I'd really recommend reading Alicization though (from volume 9). Reki practically resets the entire series and builds an entirely new world from scratch. Easily the best arc of the series, and I also think it's very well-written from a critical viewpoint. Then again, I'm sure A-1 will do it justice, as they adapted Mother's Rosario almost perfectly.

Up to what volume are the LNs translated? Where I got mine only had up to volume 16.

Kawahara tweeted on New Year's that "2018 will be the year of SAO3 and GGO Alternative". GGO is coming this Spring, so I think we will have Alicization in the Fall if A-1 can live up to his remark.

The volumes are translated completely up through volume 17. Volume 18 is almost finished, but not compiled into a pdf full release. The main translator, Defan, is currently translating chapter 22 of volume 18.
defan752.wordpress.com/sword-art-online/

I'm looking forward to all the
>Alice is Saber
shitposting that will inevitably happen

I'm only a few volumes behind then, thanks.

Same poster, one more thing. I've always gotten the pdf translations from here:
sao-archive.maamue.de/
I think this is where Defan officially uploads his completed releases.
Username: sao
Password: Alicization

No problem, enjoy the ride!

How much fucking ice cream can that woman eat?

It's for you, baka

Would you an A.I.?

Me too. But Alice is much better than Saber.

I'd hug her because she doesn't deserve the suffering.

Does Alice do anal?

Alice is a great character. Hoping A-1 doesn't do anything stupid to her arc like cramming Alicization into 24 episodes or some shit.

I agree but I can already see the Fatefags shitting on her and calling Alice a knockoff

Considering that the next season is called Alicization instead of Sword Art Online III, I don’t think that will happen.

Speaking of SAO why is he such a bitch?

Eh, he was fighting for someone he loved. He was a huge dick while doing it but I wouldn't call him a bitch

Surely they wouldn't try to fit the whole thing into 24 episodes?
The human world arc maybe.

Fuck those thighs

In other news, Progressive Volume 5 is coming out in a couple days in Japan. Its contained story is "Canon of the Golden Rule", and covers Floor 6 of Aincrad. However, Vol 5 will only contain HALF of the Floor 6 story, seeing as Kawahara is still writing for Canon of the Golden Rule on his website.
So, Volume 6 will probably finish up Floor 6's story, and considering Kawahara is still posting updates, that probably means we'll get a second Progressive volume later this year. On the other hand, this may probably also be a way to delay the Unital Ring arc even more.

Oh, and have an illustration from the volume preview.

Asuna is a cutie

>Saber is the only blond knight in anime
I'll be laffin

That'd be Volumes 9-14. I think it could work, for the most part. That'd be 6 novels / 24 eps instead of the usual 4, so it could feel a little rushed at times if the did that. I think it could work out if need be, though.

>Alice is much better than Saber
After the anime airs I want to make that an OP and see the shitstorm that follows

Please go for it. Hopefully A-1 does Alice and her arc justice and the obvious stance will be taken.

Honestly, the Alicization Arc will be good, IF they give it more then 40 episode.

I think it's already fantastic as far as the Light Novel is concerned. But yeah, I think it's going to need somewhere around 40-50eps in order to be totally fleshed out like it is in the novels. I think two 24-episode seasons could work. 24 for the first half of the arc (vol9-14), and 24 for the rest of it.

user, you know it very well that however underestimated the SAO lightnovels (and franchise) is in general, they always manage to fug it up in some way or another. Let's just hope they won't try to pull an SAO season 1 with this too.

Eh, A-1 did a good job with GGO, and I like the Mother's Rosario anime better than the light novel. They really nailed MR. I have good expectations for Alicization after watching and comparing S2 to its respective novels.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that the first episode needs to be a double length childhood prolouge only episode

Oh, that's a cool idea. I always thought of it just being 2 or 3 episodes. That would be a cool way to handle it!

I just want to see the internet lose its mind over the prolouge and theorize about Kirito's childhood

Haha, all the potential discussion will just be rendered moot once they discuss the situation at the cafe.

Which SAO wud u glop?

Kiriko of course.

Sinon and Sugu would be top priority.

These threads are making me increasingly gay for Kirito.

Premiere

I'm playing Hollow Fragment these days and i look forward to bring Sinon in my bed.

Initially i was going for Strea, but i want to stay loyal to my fav girl.

Embrace it.

Dubs confirm, I would commit felonious acts with goddess loli

DELETE

She is a pretty cute girl.
Tho, as far as lolis go, I'd love to teach these two about a different sort of Sacred Task, if you know what I mean.

They were shota in web version

I know.
A shota is fine too

What is this and where can I talk with my goddess

Well, it was a promotional twitter interactive AI chat, i don't know if it still works.

I can't wait to see these cuties animated

Post smug Asuna.

Mainly because he's a loser who failed to protect his waifu. Granted that was partially because he was fucked over by a handicap that he didn't understand, but even when that wasn't a factor his skill was nothing to write home about.

Wait Alice was in Accel World vs Sword Art Online? What did she do in that game?

Pretty sure she and Eugeo were included in some DLC.
I saw some videos of it, and the scenes with Eugeo are pretty gay.

>Eugeo
>gay
As expected. There were gay scenes with him and Kirito in HR as well. No doubt their ship will blow up in popularity when Alicization airs.

Speaking of DLC, I'm looking forward to Alice and Eugeo as DLC for Fatal Bullet. With Alicization hopefully coming this year it'd be silly not to try and hype the arc up with them.

Good man

Premiere is the Goddess of Lewd

Would bang both at once

I want Kirito to glop me

>Alice and Eugeo as DLC for Fatal Bullet
Shit that would be great. Seeing them in GGO clothes and weapons would have a nice novelty.

Shit, meant for

True but it will be a fun week

anal

I reckon she likes to do titfucks. Put those jugs to good use.

Best SAO slut

2018 seems to be a big year for SAO as a whole. Fatal Bullet is right around the corner, the GGO spin off in a few months, Alicization anime later after that, and maybe the first volume of Unital Ring released as well.

Speaking of Fatal Bullet, there's a video detailing more of the lightsaber combat portion for you Jedi/Sith players.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cdb2SK8vT4Y

Do you know if you can get real swords like Death Gun had?

>However, Vol 5 will only contain HALF of the Floor 6 story, seeing as Kawahara is still writing for Canon of the Golden Rule on his website.
God damn, and here I thought he wouldn't be able to go slower than one floor per volume.

How the hell are they supposed to catch up on the floor clearing schedule of 75 floors in two years at this rate?

Fuck the character creation in this game looks legit. Might have to be a day 1 buy

I'm wondering how the hell Kawahara is ever going to get to floor 25 at all. I hope there won't be too many more floors that take multiple volumes.

Sasuga dimps. That AI customization is legit.

If you're getting it on pc please pre-order I want hollow fragment unlocked

Sabermesh d'Arc

How does a low budget shooter like this have far superior customisation than AAA RPGs like Dragon Age and Mass Effect?

Most probably, it wouldn't make sense not to. The real question is whether you buy them, find them as a drop (from DG himself?) or if you get to actually craft it from spaceship bits.

Anime characters don't exactly have a whole lot of detail and are harder to screw up.

True, although I do think it's a shame that the hairstyles in most western games are so goddamn limited compared to Fatal Bullet. There are generally only a few hairstyles and most are unfortunely shit.

They're realistic hairstyles so of course they look dull. Anime hair is like twice as dense as real hair and twice as durable, so they can grow twice as long before falling off and are thick enough to work as air filters. All of that helps to make them look unique, plus the not-obeying-gravity part.

Well that's a new one

Fair enough
How far has the progress gotten?

Dimps is just really good in that department. Just look at Freedom Wars' level of customization.

Melee here looks a lot better than in Freedom Wars. That was the only part of the combat I was worried about.

It was at 60+ not too long ago. That's a pretty fast uptick.

Oh wow that's good. Looks like you PC guys might get HF.

Yeah if this customisation isn't at least as good as Freedom Wars I will sorely disappointed. Hopefully there are tons of cool outfits to wear in the game.

So GGO has sword skills now, does that mean Asuna and Yuuki will have Mother's Rosario and Kirito could have a Starburst Stream? Assuming dual wielding lightsabers are a thing.

Dual wielding has been in every SAO game so far, it would be a shame if Fatal Bullet doesn't have it just because Kirito never dual wielded in GGO canon.

Didn't Kirito dual wield sabers in the original web novel?

From what I heard, Kawahara drew an illustration like that, but that didn't actually happen in the WN itself.

Oh cool. Does anyone have that illustration?

What's with the file name?

youtube.com/watch?v=My67XfNWF94
sasuga nippon

Well his pistol is sufficient to replace the second sword. I think it is time to give dual blades a rest for one game. They're practically always better than single swords.