Pre-2000s Sup Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watched/reading lately, and what you think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

animeigo.com/products/riding-bean
youtube.com/watch?v=bf7s9qf4r0I
myanimelist.net/anime/36029/Hakyuu_Houshin_Engi
youtube.com/watch?v=jcsN9uj3IHA
youtube.com/watch?v=WLy5lSm4HQo
youtube.com/watch?v=uPxA3KmJf8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Iczer, currently on the second OVA. I preferred the first one because it had more weird tentacles and shit, but damn this space elf is cute.

I've started Ashita no Joe, but I have a question, Iread that I should watch only the first 54 episodes of the first season and then just watch the second season, is it true? It kinda bothers me

Uh what? No. Watch the whole thing.

I finished Nadia recently, it was really very different from what I was expecting but overall I enjoyed it.

Did you skip the island arc or not

I watched it all the way through, it did drag on a bit though for sure. The ending could have done with a couple of those episodes time to flesh out the final arc.

Shit, second row first column is gorgeous

Watch until the Rikishi fight ends then switch to series 2 which picks up immediately after.

Umetsu girls are pure sex appeal.

As for me.
I finally started working through Attack No.1 , going to try to catch up with what has already been released and then make it a weekly thing since most seasonal anime is so shitty these days. The first episode was was much more interesting than I expected. I've been watching Cobra and Mellowlink as well. Cobra just looks so great all the time, phenomenal art and animation all around - its kind of amazing that it is a tv anime. Mellowlink is fun stuff, gotta love a rogue soldier taking out mecha on foot. I also finally got around to watching Dirt Pair: The Affair of Nolandia, and goddamn is that OVA underrated, I definitely prefer the later character designs, but that OVA had some great sakuga scenes in it, cool psychedelic art, and was as fun and well put together as Dirty Pair can get.

Can't wait for that Riding Bean blu ray to come out

>UNDER AGE 15

Almost done.

animeigo.com/products/riding-bean

It's been out for awhile. Its the Gunsmith Cats one which is coming out.

watch all of it

unbelievable

>Attack No.1
It's fun, I need to catch back up with the current releases though. Same with Chibi Maruko.

Friendly reminder that all of the episodes are encoded/timed/TLed for Stop Hibari-kun! and Orphan-Subs just needs a translation checker to release the rest of the series. collectr blogspot

My wife

Cardcaptor Sakura
Magic Knight Rayearth
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

>wife
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Only 5 more episode left. ;_;

I am half way to finish it.

I'm watching Touch, but I hate the coloring in this show, so I turned the saturation off.

>turned the saturation off
Why? Post more screenshots, I don't think Touch looks bad.

Looks better there than in my rip. Maybe it's because the thumbnails are shrunken.

I watched the Anne remaster on my projector. Great stuff.

>so I turned the saturation off.
autism like this makes me laugh.

An anime without mecha cannot be good.

you don't have the DVD rip from a few months ago?

Well damn.

I have it and it looks pretty good. I think my SS settings are still fucked from messing around with them so I'll post 2.

watching yyh and anne atm.

planning to watch:
slam dunk
mirai shounen conan
kurogane communication
venus wars (movie)
votoms
bubblegum crisis 2040
crusher joe
captain tylor
silent mobius (movie)
tekkaman
space adventure cobra

which of these should i drop or pick up?
help me prioritise here

Prioritize:
Cobra
Conan
Venus Wars
Crusher Joe

Votoms, Tylor and Bubblegum were good

Haven't seen the rest, except Mobius which is meh

Finished Layzner saturday and started L-Gaim today. Man, I would love to see the faces of nip children watching Layzner's last episode and not understanding a damn thing. At least the last OVA delivered the true ending. Anyway, i quite liked it, the pacing of the first episodes drags a lot and they really should have explained things better about what happened to Eiji during the timeskip or why his sister mas so special, but it was still worth watching.

Episode 1 of L-Gaim was nice, but the "sorry for trying to kill you, now please go find this person you've never saw in your entire life and deliver this credit chip to her" was pure retardation.

Gunsmith Cats is getting a bluray release finally?

Did this ever actually end? I don't remember the plot going anywhere.

you should watch votoms ASAP

Is there any good Votoms release that didn't cut the OPs and EDs? Man, I really hate that.

Soukou Kihei Votoms | Armored Trooper Votoms [Remastered | H264] [G P] on BakaBT

In order of how much I enjoyed them

Bubblegum Crisis( In my top 10 ever)
Votoms
Crusher Joe
Cobra
Venus Wars
Silent Mobius

Cobra is really something special though. It is one of the best looking TV anime ever.

Man, Layzner could have really been one of the classics of the genre if not for its pacing issues and a few writing choices. The fight choreography was phenomenal. Personally I'm not a fan of L-Gaim, it just meanders way too much for me. It's too bad because it had a lot of potential from the design work and setting alone.

Yes, and given that it is Animeigo releasing it there will probably be a bunch of goodies and upgrades, like artbooks, keychains, posters, etc, just like what they did with BGC,Riding Bean and Otaku no Video. They always do a great job with these releases.

Scratch that, I missed the 2040.Put that at the bottom of the list

Currently suffering through Mazinger Z. I'm 30 episodes in and I want to drop it so bad but I'm determined to see this through until the end.

Just started watching:
Cyborg 009 (1968)
UFO Senshi Dai Apolon (1976)
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (1986)

>goodies
Damn I need a job pronto so I can start purchasing all these goods. I'm so hype, I've been waiting for this all my life.

Gunsmith Cats is shit but hopefully they will do Gall Force next

Finished watching Touch today.

Absolutely loved this series.

Be sure to get the bluray remaster of Cobra if you can.

I'm about halfway into Touch right now. Not really doin' too much for me honestly. I just want another Maison Ikkoku.

What people love about L-Gaim is how cartoony and fun it is rather than something serious like Gundam.

still making my way through tokimeki tonight, such a fun show.

>another Maison Ikkoku
Then watch Kimagure or some shit. Or better yet, you have an extensive amount of Rumikoshit that can be watched as well.

I watched Kimagure Orange Road. It sucked. Also watched all of Urusei Yatsura and I have zero interest in Ranma or Inuyasha.

Tatsuya's a great MC. I didn't care so much for Minami though.

Its worthwhile. I'm still kicking myself for the BGC blu ray set selling out the day before I finally got the funds to afford it.

Is Cyborg 9 good? I've felt kind of ignorant having seen next to no 60s anime.

thanks a lot!

>I have zero interest in Inuyasha
I read the entire manga and this is wise of you.

Oh I almost forgot, but I also watched Jungle de Ikou after seeing this bizarre amv of it. Not a good ova, but I can't quite say I regret watching it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bf7s9qf4r0I

I started reading this. I dunno how Urasawa got away with copy-pasting Yawara's character design for the MC.

Im currently smashing through Ace wo Nerae! and Cardcaptor Sakura. though i'm only watching a couple CCS episodes a night. it's not something i feel i can binge.

Is it worth the watch?

may pre-2000s live forever

He also did that for Keaton's daughter.

It's too soon for me to tell. It's definitely childish so far. This version is only 26 episodes so I figured why not. I'd say give it a go if you're curious.

>Is it worth the watch?
It's a classic and easily one of the best shows the medium has to offer. Takahata in his prime.

Ace wo Nerae! is incredible, I hope that the final arc leaves you as breathless as it left me.

The 90s came back

myanimelist.net/anime/36029/Hakyuu_Houshin_Engi

>Did this ever actually end?
In the manga I think.

i put it off far too long

Just finished this recently and I enjoyed it start to finish

Also hello Anno?

Did you watch all the seasons?

To Heart was comfy af.

I've got a huge backlog but I decided to rewatch Gundam instead for some reason. I don't think I've seen it in like 8 years and this is my first time with the blurays.

Ashita no Joe and Touch are actually next up on my backlog oddly enough, since a few people seem to be watching them in these threads recently.

Will make sure to watch then!

I'm honestly loving every minute of it. I can't remember the last time i've seen an anime this charming.

just started watching a couple days ago, i really like it so far

This looks pretty kino. Is it any good?

If you like wild shoujo drama, I'd say go for it.

Is it a complete remake or a sequel?

Remake, and it's awful

oh yeah, rejoice and then clean the blood from your ears
youtube.com/watch?v=jcsN9uj3IHA

>manga scanlations never
It hurts

You are at the point I got burnt out and backlogged it again.

Wow

Are the movies good? Or should I just buckle down for the show like a big boy

Haven't watched them, but you won't regret picking up the show.

I'm almost done with Ideon, honestly it's probably going to be my favorite Tomino show.

are there any other good police action shows besides You're Under arrest, patlabor and angel cop?
is A.D police any good?

I've dropped urusei and read all of ranma, maison ikkoku is probably her only work that stands out

I love A.D Police. It is nice scummy cyberpunk, with lots of rogue sexdroids and the like. Also, Dominion Tank Police rules, especially the first OVA, it is hilarious and pretty iconic for the western fandom.

Oh, and it has stripper cat girls.
youtube.com/watch?v=WLy5lSm4HQo

Make sure you watch Be Invoked afterwards. Ideon TV is great, but Be Invoked is just amazing.

I'm kinda digging 2018 Killing bites and also Dragonball super cuz i'm still 17 (I was in highschool when dbz started up in the states) besides that not much anime has been very good to me for awhile.

Draling in the fraxxx looks boring af desu.

AD Police TV was pretty trash, but I loved every minute of it. One of the best OP themes too. youtube.com/watch?v=uPxA3KmJf8o

Technically J-Decker is police, though it's really just a giant robot show. My favorite Brave series personally.

Urashiman is also really good, but again more scifi/comedy than anything. Also sadly the blurays will never get proper subs.

>and also Dragonball super cuz i'm still 17
>I was in highschool when dbz started up in the states
>Was in high school before he was born

Whoaa

Why are you falling for the most obvious bait imaginable?

>bait
It's not bait when it's literal underage shitposting.

Go shitpost on some other website and never come back to these threads again.

I know, I'll probably get to it sometime tomorrow or the day after the latest.