EVANGELION 3.0 + 1.0

Will the final Rebuild movie have a happier ending than End of Evangelion, or can we expect Anno to traumatize us again?
youtu.be/skVjVgbh-zE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWfgVDcq2uU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Evangelion
>Happy end

Pick one.

It doesn't matter. Rebuild was just made to pander Anno's waifus because he couldn't deal with Rei being more popular and better than Asuka in the original.
It's "happy ending" in that case won't mean shit, neither would a grimdark ending. It's all just waifupandering not worth taking seriously.

>reeeeeee its not fair they don't like my cute tsundere broken waifu
>better remake the entire franchise and rewrite all the character and setting so mai asuka can be something except a broken doll, that'll make people like her!

This was how the Rebuilds and spinoffs were born.

But EoE had the happiest ending it could possibly exist.

EoE was a bittersweet ending, but more bitter. I'm expecting 4.0 to be more sweet.

I just want Shinji, Rei, Asuka, and Misato to be happy Anno. Is that too much to ask?

This was nice. But why Danny Boy?

Asuka a best.

Rei a shit.

Anno hasn't created anything worth watching since EoE

Looks like another Asuka win folks. Nothing to see here.

Who gives a shit at this point?

Not liking it's releasing.

>implying

Shin Godzilla is 100% kaiju-kino.

It was made to profit off your nostalgia.

oh look, it's the hot opinion hivemind

Danny Boy is a song about a parent bidding his/her child farewell as he goes off to war. This could relate to Shinji finally becoming a man with Yui/Rei bidding Shinji farewell before he goes off to (hopefully) save the world. The songs lyrics mention that the parent will be dead and buried when the child returns, so maybe Yui/Rei will perform an act of heroic sacrifice for Shinji's sake.

less like EoE, more like the manga's ending.

>I hate it because other people likes it
better than being contrarian for the sake of it

Didn't earn them a dime.

the TV ending was rather happy

>happy ending

>not liking something I like means you're contrarian

Why are you caring about something that doesn't exist?

I wonder if this video will hold any actual relevancy to whatever happens in 3.0+1.0.

>Why are you having fun discussing and speculating something that's being developed?
Holy shit you're autistic.

>Something that's being developed
>Being developed
You're the autist here if you think 4.0 will be made. It's the Half-Life 2 Episode 3 of anime.

Way to out yourself as a crossy faggot. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

>Implying Sup Forums would talk about videogames in the first place.
That said, I'm taking a screenshot. If Sup Forums still exists three years from now, I'll repost this, to remind you how the last Rebuild movie will never exist.
Unless the movie is released, then I'll eat my own words.

>not engaging in the patrician hobby of artisanal contrarianism
>in 2018

To be traumatized I'd have to be invested in this version of the Evangelion characters. And I'm not.

>screencapping yourself acting like a faggot because you think you're proving a point

it will never come out.

Kare Kano was great though.

This, but unironically.

It's actually disgusting how the Rebuilds pandered to Asukafags. Even more so was watching them slurp it up.

Anno replaced the girl they claimed to love with someone who's practically how Asuka wishes she was, whitewashed all her flaws and made her more special than ever... And they loved it. Fucking hell, did you guys like Asuka, or not? Because Shikinami was not the girl from the TV series.

Rei2 was the only Rei I cared about. Rei3 lost all Rei2's growth and development, so I don't care about her.

I seriously doubt Shinji is getting out of 4.0 alive.

For some reason, Anno and everyone involved seem to blame him for what happened at the end of 3. Despite him having no knowledge of any of it and being directly told to do it (and despite Kawarou literally stopping it in the final scene, how the hell did it destroy the world but not touch anyone close to him? Shit's dumb yo).

>For some reason, Anno and everyone involved seem to blame him for what happened at the end of 3

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I WONDER WHY

ITS NOT AS IF THE WHOLE THING WAS A WHOLE SETUP METAPHOR FOR ANNO BEING BUTTHURT ABOUT SHINJI(AUDIENCE) SAVING REI(GIRL HE HATES) AND NOT ASUKA(GIRL HE LOVES)

how do you even breathe

Anno wrote himself into a corner with the ending of 2.0 and 3.0 only made it worse. 4.0 will never come out.

All 3 Reis and Yui merged at the end though, so she got it back.

I thought EoE came out after Karekano?

Doubt that's a problem really. 3.0 was such an insane mess that they could really do practically anything for 4.0

3 was so fucking insane and dumb the slate is pretty much clean.

learn to use the internet

damn, i remember being so hyped for 3.0 that i watched a shitty cam rip. i see no news on 4.0 release date at all.

It will just be a loop of anno laughing for 2 hours

The ending of 2.0 was more than fine. In fact, it was really good to give Rebuild its own identity.
However, when you add a 14 years timeskip (in which a bunch of things happened, of which we barely get to have a decent understanding that allows to properly bridge the ending of the previous movie to the story of the current one), the characters that we know that are still alive are being complete assholes for no good reason, and when concepts (such as the Curse of Eva) are introduced that we have no idea how they came to be, because there were no precedent for them ever in any of the previous material, you create a mess.

1.0 and 2.0 were fine, and I would say really good. The problem is that 3.0 is too disconnected from the previous movies that it's almost as we're in a blank slate.

The worst thing is that in these (close to) 6 years, no attempt has been made by Khara to bridge the plot in 3.0 to the previous movies, even though that would have been a great way to somewhat fix the mess left by 3.0, and allow 1.0+3.0 to go on smoothly.

The sad thing is that I'm sure hardly of any of the inconsistencies will ever be addressed.

I couldn't care less about these turds, only animeonlys care about these animated fiascos.

Only people who understand Rebuild and the current situation.

The 14yr thing wigs me out. It's strange as hell.

Like, they kept Asuka the same age so that everything's the same I guess? Same identity and such?

But they can't really have the Asuka/Shinji romance angle now can they? She's legit 30 and he's 14, it's creepy.

And why does she still act like a child anyway..?

How many people who watched 1.0 will still be alive when 3.0+1.0 comes out?

Nigger, don't be stupid. See You're taking this way too seriously.

The rebuild series are a continuation of Anno's masterpiece. Anons are just mad because it doesn't hit the same notes as the originally series. Anons are just mad because it doesn't fit their head cannon. Anno is right, Otaku are filth.

There’s at least one less T_T

gee, robin

I don't agree. It's not as if Rei didn't behave differently as well in 2.0.
If anything, it seemed as if in 2.0 all characters tried to "advance" from the issues we used to know them for in the original series.
Asuka was an overall nicer person, who seemed to have been trying to overcome her mummy issues.
Rei was making a serious attempt to connect with others.
Shinji also tried connecting with others, get closer to his father and get piloting done. His final scene in 2.0 was as badass as any scene you would have got from any classic SuperRobo.

So, the changes were fine, considering the spirit of the film.

The idea behind 3.0 was, in my opinion, a way for Anno to mock not his fans as says, but to mock the current trend of having the heroes of the stories making the most risky choices (that jeopardises pretty much everyone and everything) for their own personal reasons. Naturally, for the sake of a happy ending, the heroes tend to get away with their gambles and they save the day, with no negative consequences whatsoever. However, by the end of 2.0 Shinji took a risk to save Rei, placing pretty much everyone in danger, much like the aforementioned heroes. He got away with it and saved Rei, but as soon as he did it, he seemed to have triggered an impact event (which was apparently averted by Kaworu when he used Longinus on Eva 01, but whatever), and as a result the characters in 3.0 resented him, and treated him like a menace (even Misato, who was the one person who encouraged him to do whatever he pleased by the end of 2.0).
The idea wasn't wrong, but the execution of 3.0 was a total mess, because the timeskip was far too long, and the audience was kept in the dark about far too many details that would have allowed them to connect 3.0 with the ending of 2.0, and make sense out of the story.

>it's another episode of Reifags projecting their bitter hatred towards Asuka due to her being an infinitely more entertaining and developed character, having the most notable character relationship in the show and winning the Shinjibowl onto other unrelated things

The Rebuilds are a cash cow. Stop being deluded.

That's not even ironic shitposting. You're just a retard.

>butthurt Asukafag mad he's right on
Not even a Reifag.

>the characters that we know that are still alive are being complete assholes for no good reason

Why won't this die. I seriously fear that you people are autistic and if the industry panders to you guys what we will haven is heavy handed narration and ten minutes of exposition.

From the perspective of most of the NERV employees and the survivors point of view Shinji caused the third impact. Misato feelings of guilt is because she egged Shinji on. 14 years is a lot of pent up resent that can warp even the most logical people so even those who know about the mechanics of instrumentality like Risato may not give a fuck about Shinji anymore, only seeing him as a means to an end.

>The worst thing is that in these (close to) 6 years, no attempt has been made by Khara to bridge the plot in 3.0 to the previous movies

I have a counter opinion, that is that non-linear story telling and narrative gaps engage the viewers more by asking us to fill in the gaps through speculation. Plus the story is about Shinji's growth, focusing on the years of his absence is a waste of time.

>calls others autistic
>literally rages and gets mad people don't buy into his fanfic.net story

No user. You are the autist.

>I don't agree. It's not as if Rei didn't behave differently as well in 2.0.
She didn't. Rei in 2.22 is about as nice as Rei from ep 16 onward is.
>Asuka was an overall nicer person, who seemed to have been trying to overcome her mummy issues.
Oh, ok, you're just another bitter asukafag who can't accept that asuka was whitewashed into yet another tsundere waifu with no actual flaws. Rebuild asuka HAS NO MOMMY ISSUES. They were written out to make asuka more popular.

The idea was wrong - and the shitty execution is proof. There was no good way you could execute such a shit idea to begin with. What 3.33 does relies completely on the viewer staying the dark, otherwise the retarded characters would even be more obviously retarded than they already are. At least now with 3.33, brainlet fanboys and fandgirls (such as yourself) can still excuse the movie's major flaws by saying "wait until the next movie", or "the explanation exists in the timeskip".

Truth is, even this:
>The idea behind 3.0 was, in my opinion, a way for Anno to mock not his fans as says, but to mock the current trend of having the heroes of the stories making the most risky choices
makes no sense because in Evangelion, and in Rebuild so far, playing it "risky" or "safe" has had the exact kind of random outcome as always. That is to say, consider Asuka in 3.33: consistently takes risks, but is never punished like Shinji for any of it. Consider when the kids charge the falling Angel - a huge risk, yet they're fine. Consider Shinji choosing inaction, he is not punished.

In other words, the outcomes are completely arbitrarily and serve no message whatsoever in the story. You can do nothing, everything, it's completely irrelevant in the story because the plot is at a complete upheaval.

The whole idea behind Rebuild is purely to play the "waifu favoritism" game. It explains every single aspect of Rebuild.

>infinitely more entertaining
You're right. A train wreck is more entertaining than normal flow of traffic, but people have places to go, faggot.

>Asuka is a better character
>Which is why Rebuilds removed all her flaws in a desperate attempt to make her more popular

Not even a Reifag, but it's a little silly to claim Asuka was better. If that was the case, they wouldn't have had to "fix" everything about her when they made the Rebuilds.

>From the perspective of most of the NERV employees and the survivors point of view Shinji caused the third impact.
This is bullshit and you know it. Nerv employees watched everything stop in the space of a second, right before their eyes. Misato is standing at ground zero and is perfectly unharmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWfgVDcq2uU

>being deluded enough to believe that the Rebuilds were created because of Anno's hurt feelings instead of them just being created because Evangelion makes fucking bank

Anno and the Asukafags won when Asuka showed up on the beach, dooming Rei to being a cuck until the end of time. Her entire character arc just revolves around her experiencing brief periods of humanity through her autism, anyway, it was never particularly interesting.

Removing all her crippling flaws makes her shallow and vapid, which is what you want your thing to be when it's both riding off the success of the original show and trying to appeal to as many people as possible.

Not him, but calm down. The criticism won't die because it's entirely valid, and your rebuttal is really based on your own liberal speculation. The situation you describe (i.e Misato's past) didn't just not happen, it's also unrealistic. Essentially you've surrendered any mental activity of your own to just defend 3.33.

Point being, because 3.33 is such a shallow work, it could very well have gone in the OPPOSITE direction you describe - and that'd be more realistic. Right now to make 3.33 work, we need some insane ass-pulls to justify how bad 3.33 was.

>I have a counter opinion, that is that non-linear story telling and narrative gaps engage the viewers more by asking us to fill in the gaps through speculation.

That's is just an euphemism for escapist garbage. Only super-fucking obsessed nerds, AKA the vast minority is ever crazy enough to do that, and for so little. It allows a creator (anno) to make an unfinished, poor and sloppy story only to have fans like you gobble it up because you're fine with fanwanking what isn't there. Worst is, you pretend it's as good as your own fanwank.

You've been duped.

>Plus the story is about Shinji's growth, focusing on the years of his absence is a waste of time.
Objectively untrue, Shinji's growth nor regression isn't detailed or framed in the context of the story. For all intents and purposes, he is simply a self-insert placed next to waifus. The actual character itself has no depth nor any central theme to work around.
>retarded Asukafag

Okay, so if Asuka was so much better, explain how they redid the entire character and removed all it's flaws, insecurities then? It's almost as if Asuka fans admitted she was shit right there. Then how come they more or less wrote out Rei of the story and shat on what was left? It's almost as if someone's butthurt.

>Asukafags literally want their waifu to be shallow and vapid

>Anno and the Asukafags won

Yeah, no. They've been admitting defeat for 20 years by shitting out out-of-character masturbation fantasies like Retake, Angelic Days, and Shikinami. Meanwhile, Reifags have appreciated the same character for the entire length of time, and are only angered when that character is assassinated by things like Q

>Anno and the Asukafags won when Asuka showed up on the beach, dooming Rei to being a cuck until the end of time. Her entire character arc just revolves around her experiencing brief periods of humanity through her autism, anyway, it was never particularly interesting.

You mean they (you) lost pretty hard if this sort of fanwank is what you use to justify your like for Asuka. In truth Asuka was always the lesser character, in-universe, and in the fandom. The spinoffs, Rebuild and the changes as well as your comment is merely eternal proof of your dissatisfaction with the original.

Rei was fine the way she was. But Asuka wasn't.

They redid the entire character because the Rebuilds are soulless diarrhea remnants. They're not trying to be thought-provoking or have complex, multi-faceted human characters or really do anything special; they're trying to make good revenue, and it makes it easier to achieve that when you're as uncontroversial as possible. Obviously, you'd need to change Asuka around, because she is much too human to appeal to the general public.

I never said this. The thing is that I would actively despise the Rebuilds and what they did to Asuka if I gave half a shit about them as actual movies.

I like to imagine Shikinami as Asuka but a bit better adjusted.
I know it isn't really how she truly is, but the idea of seeing her happy is still nice.
Also Rei was way more adjusted in 2.0 as well. It's just 3.0 that fucked everything over. Who knows, maybe the Rei from 2.0 will come back. That'd be nice.
Honestly, 4.0 should just be Rei, Asuka and Shinji walking through a desert and introspecting/talking. It'd be fucking great.

>b-but Asuka woon!
>it's truuuee just read my post-impact fanfiction on why they're the OTP

in the meantime Anno pushes max Kawoshin and other retardation, only because Asukafags are too dumb to wake the fuck up.

>Also Rei was way more adjusted in 2.0 as well.

Rei in 2.0 is comparable to Rei from Ep 16 to 22. Asuka in 2.0 is not comparable to Soryu in the slightest

>Obviously, you'd need to change Asuka around, because she is much too human to appeal to the general public.
Yep, so we want to make the characters more appealing to the general public. Explain how other characters got less human then, Rei in particular? You really can't, can you?
You'd have to be blind to see that there's a huge difference, one that doesn't base itself in character development by the way, in how the characters are portrayed. LIke both "Asuka" and "Rei" in 3.33, neither of 'em have any sort of real development, but one is decisively portrayed as weaker than the other, even pathetic.

Also this: Asuka's character is a 100% rewrite from the get-go, and an extremely flattering one compared to NGE. Rei started out the same, experienced different things - and developed differently yet still realistically. Up until 3.33, of course.

If you think the rebuilds are anything other than money grubbing you're deluded.

The rebuilds are worse than moneygrubbing rehashes.

Had they been about the money, they'd be done five years ago. You don't really make bank not making EVA for five years.

>Rei in 2.22 is about as nice as Rei from ep 16 onward is.
No way, TV series Rei (I, II or III) never made half the attempts at getting close to others that 2.0 Rei did.

>Oh, ok, you're just another bitter asukafag who can't accept that asuka was whitewashed into yet another tsundere waifu with no actual flaws. Rebuild asuka HAS NO MOMMY ISSUES. They were written out to make asuka more popular.
I actually never liked Asuka. I always found her to be an annoying character, and a generally unlikable person. I never even bought the idea that she represents what a "real woman is like" because she clearly was fucked up in the head, and not a healthy person.

However, the point I was trying to make was that Asuka wasn't the only character that got changed, but that Rei acted differently as well. And that the 3 of them were shown making steps forward, as if trying to change for the better.

How can you read my post and say I thought 3.0 was good or that I was excusing it? I made it very clear that I think the movie was a complete mess.

All I did was to disagree with the dumb notion that 3.0 turned out as it did, because Anno is butthurt that most fans (worldwide) prefer Rei over Asuka.

Also, you're misinterpreting my point about taking risks. I specifically talked about the times heroes took risks, which endangered everyone, and for their own selfish reasons.
When the kids charged at the falling Angel that was an all-or-nothing situation, not them endangering everyone for their own desires.

Also, whenever Shinji chooses inaction the whole plot always moves itself to show (us and him) that is wrong, and that he should get over his issues and ride the Eva.

>happy ending
Yes, he'll finally let Kawarou cum inside.

Soryu is extremely sociable (for shitty reasons, but hey, who isn't in middle school), whereas Shikinami is actively antisocial. Soryu gladly works as a team several times with only minor complaints, eventually embracing teamwork as the best possible strategy. Shikinami practically has a breakdown because it was literally impossible for her to solo Sahaquiel.

Shikinami is one Arael equivalent away from being far worse adjusted than Soryu ever was. I don't think that will happen, though.

Also, I really don't get how you can call the Rebuilds Asuka-pandering. She's far less likeable, less complex, has hardly any development or even non-fanservice screentime, gets overshadowed HARD by Rei in 2.0, 3.0 shipping is a no-go zone in general, and basically is nothing more than an absolute basic tsundere as far as Rebuilds are concerned. It's pretty fuckin' disappointing as far as reworking one of the most iconic characters in anime goes.

It's pandering to asukafags who were eternally triggered by Rei's popularity.

>implying any Asuka fan worth anything would like shit versions of her such as Re-Take, Angelic Days and Shikinami

The sole version of Asuka people should like is Soryu. An Asukafag that enjoys garbage like fucking Shikinami isn't shit.

Making characters less human renders it easier to make them shallow and one-note. You WANT to make them less human.

>not satisfied with the original

I fucking loved Asuka in NGE, faggot. There is no other version of her across the spinoffs and Rebuilds that comes even close.

>Soryu gladly works as a team several times with only minor complaints, eventually embracing teamwork as the best possible strategy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everthing Asuka says about Shinji in ep 16 applies equally to you.

>file name
>BWAHAHAHA
>same comment from yesterday

Last (you) from me shitposter

>implying any Asuka fan worth anything would like shit versions of her such as Re-Take
Are you really going to say Re-Take wasn't insanely popular among a fuckton of Asukafags?
Plenty of them even treated those doujinshi as if they were canon.

>All I did was to disagree with the dumb notion that 3.0 turned out as it did, because Anno is butthurt that most fans (worldwide) prefer Rei over Asuka.
How is it dumb if it perfectly explains everything, and is perfectly consistent with not just Anno's personality, but an entire archetype and group of people?
It may sadden you to accept it, but Anno and Evangelion has sunk that low.

>I specifically talked about the times heroes took risks, which endangered everyone, and for their own selfish reasons.
Which again, like I said, doesn't make sense. Earlier, be it Gendo, Misato or anyone else fighting, they are not punished. Remember when Shinji fights Shamshel, and decides to kill it for his own selfish reasons? No reaction from either EVA, or anyone else. In fact, Misato didn't even slap him. If you're going to have such a message, then you'd better make damned sure it's actually consistent throughout the story. Otherwise 3.0 just seems like bullshit. Which it was.

No user, if you want to actually understand 3.0, I suggest you look at the overall narrative, and in particular the changes made from NGE to Rebuild. Just ask yourself: qui bono? Who has anything to gain by these changes?
Moreover, if you ask me, denying that 3.33 is merely waifu-pandering trash and instead trying to promote that it has some sort of message is more or less defending 3.33.

Asuka never once works as a team, you shit. She would, however, get thrown in the brig in any military other than NERV.

How lucky she is that her behavior is held to absolutely zero standards.

Both the TV series and EoE had a relatively happy ending with the MC making the first good decision in his life to accept other people.
Asuka probably went through a similar realization.
Other people will return in time, and at least part of the world shall return to its former state. Its not a perfect situation, but given the hand that was deal (either angels destroy the world or seele juice everyone), EoE has the best ending possible.

>uses the exact same response, ad verbatim, that was used in another thread

>fanwank

>Asukafags just don't like how Rei's more popular in Japan guys

Why do Reifags repeat themselves so much?

>any Asuka fan worth anything

god I love watching asukafags fight amongst themselves. Reifags don't even have to do anything.

Shikinami is fundamentally incompatible with Soryu. But Rei 2.0 wasn't incompatible with Rei in NGE. We actually saw Rei go through development that would justify some changes to her character. Until 3.0, Rei could have still worked.

Being popular doesnt mean its good. Im a asukafag too and even a fucking shipper and retake can kiss my fat ass because it portraits characters all wrong.

once again, butthurt asukafags unable to produce a counterargument

>All the characters were largely kept the same
>Asuka was gutted and made into a Mary Sue
>N-No see, it's fine, Asuka just isn't palatable to audiences

Kek

I thought you retards actually liked this girl?

They like a silicone doll that has Asuka's red hair that they can lay down on a hospital bed and masturbate over.

>Rei acts exactly the same as she does when she's opened up and grown more
>Asuka acts nothing like she did anywhere in the series
>This is the same somehow

Huh

It's Asukafag damage control, 20 years and counting

Not that guy but
>No way, TV series Rei (I, II or III) never made half the attempts at getting close to others that 2.0 Rei did.
Not him, but what's your point? That's an observation not a fact - this is the case because Rei was never treated as nicely as in 2.0 either. With Rei, it's about development and stimuli. Rei is one of the few characters in NGE that is capable of growing relatively easily.

So yeah they all got changed. But you've got to look at HOW they changed. Asuka became stronger and Rei became weaker. Similarly, Kaworu was also powered up and introduced since the start. Now Kaworu occupies 1/4th of the story effectively, where he originally occupied LESS than 1/26th - just a tiny fraction of what Evangelion was.

There's no sense to these changes that isn't clear-cut waifu-favoritism from the director and writers. When we know Anno likes Asuka, that Tsurumaki likes Asuka and they both like Kaworu - isn't the mystery of Rebuild and Khara solved?

Im jumping into the middle of this discussion, but Rei 2 was also altered a lot too in 2.22, in my opinion, for the worst possible direction.
Sure, now she acts like a little more normal person and everyone can waifu, but she definitely lost depth and subtlety as a character.
I will never understand how anyone can like 2.22

I never said it was good. All I said was that it was popular amongst far too many Asukafags.
You say no Asukafag would like them, but lo and behold, most of them did, and even treated the work as if it actually respected the characters, making it seem as if it was worth taking as canon.

Mind you, this was more than 10 years ago, and current Asukafags may be different, but Re-Take was the rage amongst them back then.