riichi.dynaman.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

YASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Has anyone seen Ako-chan?

GAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Boshu did it better.

BA-KA RI DE

*gunshot*

Will they fit the last part of the arc into a single season if it gets another anime adaption?

It's impossible to fit the entire last part into a 12 episode series. Maybe it's possible in 24 episodes if they speed up some stuff.

can someone tell me how mahjong works in simplest terms possible? ive only been able to enjoy kaiji because i dont understand the suspense of mahjong or its rules

I tried making the same exact thread like a month ago and no one replied

you try to get a good combination of bricks
It's like poker

>kissanime

Take your wojaks to Sup Forums retard.

>when your discard pile has a better hand than you

>streaming

>kissanime

The first season covered 110 chapters. There are 190 chapters left to adapt, and every single one of them is glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=AMR6WSNQRGw

tenhou.net/0/?L7447

So we need about 42 episodes to make the last part, is it possible that it will happen?

Your hand has 13 tiles. Every time it's your turn, you draw one tile and discard one to get closer to a valid mahjong hand: 4 triplets (same tiles like 333, or sequences like 123) and 1 pair.
When your hand only needs one more tile to be valid, that's called Tenpai. You can win on your turn by drawing the last tile you need (Tsumo) or when someone else discards the last tile you need (Ron).

Your hand can be worth a lot of point or not depending on the combinations it has (if you have a straight, if you only use one kind of numbered tiles, that kind of stuff). Google yaku if you want to know more about that.

When you win by drawing your last tile, everyone pays you for your hand. When you ron someone, he pays everything.

You can steal the tiles someone else discarded to complete a set by saying Pon or Chi (and progress faster to tenpai), but it makes your hand cheaper and sometimes unable to win.

When someone calls riichi, he says he's in tenpai (ready to win) which makes his hand worth more points, but will usually make the opponents fold.

holy fuck thank you for that im going to start akagi again and hopefully will get a lot more out of it

you're still not gonna understand anything
keep a list of yakus open

Music guy is in jail, so probably not. I don't think it'd translate well to anime anyway, it's better in manga when you can read at your own pace.

What I'd love is a Ten adaptation. Even just the final arc.

This guy is right, keep the list of yaku open for when you hear chink words.

thanks boys, really appreciate it

It's rummy but with dominoes.
There are 3 colors ranging from 1 to 9 and 2 other special "colors" called the honors that are the winds/cardinal points and the dragons/elements. See pic, each tile is in 4 copies.
You make triplets or runs within the same color. But that's not all, or it wouldn't be very interesting. You gotta be the first to complete 4 sets + 1 pair to win and your sets have to follow patterns to be able to win points. The more pattern you follow and/or the more complex/rare they are, the more points you get.

Better use this pic for tiles

>craks
>dots
>bams
no

Oh yeah thanks. Shame about the suits' names though.

full spoilers?

literally and unironically never

it's been a week already

So can someone tell me exactly what happens after the anime? Obviously Akagi wins because we see him, but what happens? Why not just show him beat Washizu, would it really take that long to just show a few shots of the game's end?

not pictured: fig.3, some sort of negative pointy nose creating a black hole

The anime ended 12 years ago
The match ended in the manga last year

To continue.
Everyone is dealt 13 tiles and they take turns drawing a tile from the wall (the drawing pile basically) and discarding a tile. You can steal the last discarded tile at any point in the game to complete a set if you follow some rules. It also skips right to you, so you gotta discard a tile and the game continues from you.
If for some reason you can't get a pattern with your tiles, if you respect some conditions you can still be allowed to win in some situations. Most prevalent one is when you're one tile away from winning and your hand is all concealed from the others, you bet 1000pts and lock your hand so you can't change tiles anymore, that's called Riichi, like the game.

Reminder if you don't have specific patterns and/or specific conditions, you can't win even if you have 4 sets and 1 pair.
Pic related, some patterns that enables you to win. Top one is 3 runs that cover exactly one suit (123, 456 and 789 runs within one suit). Middle one is the same run in the 3 numbered suits. Bottom one is the same triplet in the 3 numbered suits.

Read it, rooting for Washizu is fun.

DELICIOUS

Because a lot of things happen. Both Washizu and Akagi go through a lot of character development. And by a lot I mean 200 chapters worth of monologuing.
The anime ending is referencing the ending of Ten, which you definitely should read if you haven't, it's the author's magnum opus in my opinion.

one day my dude
when i have learned how to play this thing

your skills scale with badassery and lesbianity

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

it's babby tier

here, I deleted all the scary shit

>deletes chiitoitsu but leaves San Shoku Dokou
>deletes Suu Ankou but leaves Chin Rou Tou and Shu Suushii
Why?

just play yakuza

because what if try to begin by ignoring closed hands completely?

youtube.com/watch?v=DfVOl94XKJk

I fucking hate that tile being smashed against the table, interrupting the fucking song.
God I hate that tile. Who decided to cut the song like that? Fuck.

Oh, you want suffering?

youtube.com/watch?v=_ODyF4OYzAw

Oh, sorry, I posted the wrong video.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHh0sT39vp0

Washizu hates that tile too, it's the 1pin he never got

Tenhou sucks because everyone's playing not to lose. I'd like to be able to play in person but I only know one other person that can play.

>mfw i cant find any local asians in my area to teach me how to into mahjong

Read the thread nigga.

>mfw I'm clicking tiles together right now
send help
2:0 on 7447

anons, in my special kind of autism, i know tile efficiency and how to fold/ play defencively, and i know some fancy chink strategy words; but for the life of me i still struggle with yaku. i can never really plan them ahead or something, and i dont know how to learn them by heart well enough. is the secret really just to keep a yaku table open next to you and glance at it as you play?

Just watch Saki and learn all the useless ones you're never going to get like haitei raoyue and rinshan kaihou

New mahjong friends, here's a list of some of the most common yaku that you should probably learn first.

You'll memorize them in time. Having a sheet to use is fine at first.

Nigga, just memorize that shit. It's about as easy as learning Poker Hands. I find it hard to believe that you can name the fancy chink strategies but have a hard time remembering basic Yaku.

The hard part to get used to is counting and computing fu mentally.

That's why you just need to score Mangan or higher hands so that you won't have to deal with that shit.

thank you, i know basic yaku i guess, but somehow i get stupid about it when i play, so i reckoned i dont know them well enough...
>the hard part to get used to is counting and computing fu mentally
oh definitely. the most unrealistic part of saki is that lesbians are good at math, i can’t do that at all. (but thank you also!)

Its pattern matching. In sequences, in pairs, or trips/quads, etc

Modifiers exist on table where your wins are multiple if you use modifiers in your patterns.

Also like card games, you draw/discard.

Yeah, Mahjong is great and all, but who is best girl?

pic not related

To be quite frank, you shouldn't bother to really learn math for the game unless you intend to play it with live people, and you guys get a regular game going. The only thing you should really count is han and just go in with the attitude of winning or bailing, never inbetween. People who take the counting too seriously tend to wind up losing just the same as the people who don't at roughly the same rate anyways. It's a gambling game first and foremost.

Also, there are browser extensions for translating Tenhou. (Though you should play on the single player flash game until you get used to it.)

2:4

How can you style over your opponents with +/-0 if you can't even rapidly compute the fu you need in your head?

Cause I don't play the shitty barbaric Chinese version of the game where Fu is actually used in score calculation. Mangan or bust, my mahjong nigga.

But 1000folded Mahjong uses fu for non-mangan hands.

>finally started playing instead of just reading rules
Half the time I reach tenpai only to realize that the shitty pinfu or chanta hand I was going for got ruined somehow. The only good strategy I've got so far is praying I get dealt two good honor tiles at the beginning so I can pon the last one for yakuhai. How do I improve?

you could always read
riichi.dynaman.net/

PON PALACE

whats up with the last episode why did it just stop and time skip, they could've atleast showed akagi win

If you want to learn Mahjong Super fast, there's basically only 3 concepts you actually need to work on after scanning through the rules.

1. Learn what the fuck Furiten is. 9 times out of 10 when you can't ron in an online game, it's because your ass is in Furiten. Meaning "sacred discard", its when a tile you've discarded previously could have been used to form a winning hand for you. This includes tiles that have been stolen from you and why they are turned on their side to indicate from whom it was stolen from. Also keep in mind that EVEN IF that particular tile you've discarded would not have formed a valid yaku (see point 2), it still counts towards Furiten.

>FUCK I'M IN FURITEN WHAT DO I DO?!

Open Tanyao like the little bitch you are, bitch.

>Open Tanyao isn't allowed at this table.

Find God. And pray.

2. Start memorizing Yaku and their han value. This part is easier than you think. The quickest strategy is to simply pick 1-3 of the 1 han hand values, and for the next 4 or so hands, ONLY go for making that hand set. Even if it means splitting up a 13 orphans, just ONLY go for those hands until you feel like you've memorized how to make them. Start with Tanyao (inside hand), and go on from there.

Special note: Riichi should ALWAYS be in your arsenal to begin with. And don't forget Closed Tsumo is a yaku as well. By the end of maybe 10 or 15 full han-chans, you should be 90% ready with the hands, only not knowing the special yakuman that aren't valid in most places.

3. Learn to bail and don't press the delicious free sex button. You're not going to win every hand, or even get close to it. If you see someone Riichi across the table, you should just start discarding safe tiles. If you see the Riichi button, DON'T just press it mindlessly. Observe the table first. This one is harder to explain and it's more of a concept you have to feel than to learn. But do it anyways. Your life is on the line.

You called?

Thank you based user.

You have no idea how useful this is to me. Thanks a lot. It's really going to help me.

The third one I always do. Way too risky. Even then I had a bad luck to have double-riichi.

come on, let me match tiles
tenhou.net/0/?L7447

Don't think. Feel.

>my hands are cheating on their own

Tile efficiency.
34567 > 28 > 19
Keep more tiles near the middle and the sequences will fill up faster.

Last chapter is already out right? So what the fuck happened? Did Washizu and Akagi kiss or something?

It’s out in japan but no complete spoilers yet, and the scantlation is still wip apparently. I was hoping theyd get it out real fast but I guess its ok.
I seriously can’t wait, I’ve even dreamt of the ending like a total loser.

Anime related dreams are weird. I bet Washizu dreams of Akagi :^)

You're already at the decent friendly match level. Next level for you is how to defend. That requires feeling the river - reading the motive behind the discarded tiles, and what is forming behind the walls of your opponents.

I like to think that at the end of the day, Akagi and Washizu became friends. And that Washizu was a major proponent/sponsor of Akagi's for the period of time when he was the "Ruler of the Underworld" that was alluded to in Ten.

Washizu will never see Akagi again.

He killed Hirayama and others, I don't think he deserves that much redemption.

Who said anything about Redemption? At this point, it's clear that Washizu thinks very highly of Akagi. I wouldn't be surprised if he views Akagi as a successor of sorts or at least gives him a little help in respect to him being a very worthy opponent.

And it's not like Akagi was much of a saint either.

>And it's not like Akagi was much of a saint either.
Hirayama's death shook him up though.

I think friend is maybe a little too much. I don't know really, doesn't Akagi think Washzu should just die already