Is K-On! actually good or is it just a meme?

Is K-On! actually good or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_QhjnCRzUuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's ok, solid 7/10

baka
baka

I can live with user giving S1 a 7 but I hope you gave S2 a better score.

it's a slice of life so by definition can only peak at a 6/10

S1 = 7/10
S2 = 8/10

Was good 10 years ago, can't compete with modern Kyoani masterpieces

>giving a kyonani slice of life moeshit 8/10
watch more anime.

It was a very successful slice of life moeshit.

success ≠ high quality

It's nothing special though it for whatever reason was the first anime many people watched so they overrated it like crazy.

8/10 isn't even the highest score you know.

Memes weren't really a thing yet in 2009, user.

it's the show that really cemented the moefag/waifu culture

8/10 implies a great show

it's not great, it's an average slice of life series no different to all the others, even the production values look dated

Name a better series about an special needs girl taking up guitar as a hobby.

It's very sweet. It's easy to watch. The characters are memorable. The story is predictable but rewarding.

It's just a lot of good things piled on top of each other, even if it isn't a masterpiece.

If you like slice of life, it's definitely worth the watch.

As far as slice of life goes, is a masterpiece. And the best example of adaptations that are superior to the source material

>modern Kyoani masterpieces
There's no such thing as "modern kyoani masterpieces". All their good content is before they started adapting their own trashy light novels

All 2009 anime looks dated, user. Anime from back then wear their 2009ness on their sleeve pretty clearly. You couldn't really mistake any 2009 anime as being a 2018 series.

>As far as slice of life goes, is a masterpiece.
Wrong.
>And the best example of adaptations that are superior to the source material
Absolutely not the best example at all. How can you even say that? Its as if you've never watched any of the all time classic manga adaptations from back in the day.
Through it is a lot better than the source material but only because the source material was complete shit.

You will make five of the closest friends you've ever had, and then they'll graduate and leave you forever.

They never graduated from college the manga just ends because it was so bad the publisher threw it in the fucking trash where it belongs

>All 2009 anime looks dated, user. Anime from back then wear their 2009ness on their sleeve pretty clearly. You couldn't really mistake any 2009 anime as being a 2018 series.
that's why no kyoani anime will stand the test of time, all their hype is in the production values, which becomes irrelevant over time

KyoAni doesn't deserve a good rating, as basically all of their anime are the same shit that repeated over and over again.

Honestly, High School is on par with the original run. College is a bit lacking, but I think that was because Kakifly wanted to emulate the character development he saw on screen and failed.

I still think Yamada could spin straw into gold again, were she so inclined. That said, I think Haruhi S3 and the second coming of Christ are closer to happening.

Tbs made houbunsha to make kakifly draw k-on college just to have a source for planned k-on s3. But then yamada cucked tbs by appealing kyoani for original project tamako.

K-On! is actually relly good.

>I still think Yamada could spin straw into gold again, were she so inclined.
I doubt that. I believe Yamada may be a talentless hack who got lucky with K-On's success. At this point more of her works have been less than good then not in my opinion.

>implying that wasn't Azumanga Daioh, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Lucky Star

those were precursors

He couldn't think of a plausible way that Yui made it to college graduation.

Thise were all older.

>hurr 2009 anime looks old durr

Fuck off retard. 2009 anime and 2018 anime look exactly the damn same.

?

>2011+7
>not memeing like its 2007 again
shiggy diggy

That's not true due to general stylistic choices more common to the times, CG useage, and most importantly the switch to HD

Ritsu is 10/10, the rest of the show is 6.5/10

Was 2009 pre-HD?

Not every anime was from what I remember maybe K-On was I dunno

Interesting. Seemed weird High School didn't go at least until Azusa, Ui and Jun's graduation.

>He tells me that at the earliest stage of the planning process, the slot that eventually becameTamako Market Was originally intended for a possibleK-On!season three. It was director Yamada Naoko (山田尚子) who pushed for a break from the highly successful franchise in favor of an original work

It's alright but YoriMoi is a lot better.

It's a good first timer CGDCT. Also maybe just for me but the early manga art is cute as fuck compared to the more plump cheek of the later anime/manga art

It's more than good, it's great.

What the fuck am I reading

I get a lot of K-On vibes from it too. Kyoani should have done Sora Yori and gave VEG to literally who.

its ok I guess. It's cute, 3.5 stars.

it was kinda ruined for me though so I might be biased.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT K-ON

The truth.

You can't have music in a manga you nutsack.

Plump cheek is cute.

eh. Didn't like it, and I normally love moeshit anime.

Was weird how the writers seemed to really dislike Mugi, or at least disliked the idea of Mugi being closer with the group. They never went to her house, and never knew when she was away on vacation.

Mugi was the least developed character in the show.
The closest we get to know more about her was during that episode with Ritsu.

If you dislike plotless moe comedy where nothing happens for 30 episodes stay far, faaaar away.
First season is bleh.
Once Azusa gets in in season 2 it gets much better.

That's cool because it eventually led to Tamako Love Story which was great.

Plenty of manga have music, voice acting, and animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=_QhjnCRzUuc

And that episode still made it apparent how not-close she was with everyone. Ritsu mentions its the first time they'd ever hung out just the two of them, and it had been nearly three years since they met.

But thinner cheek and body of Keions are pure sex in general. Just look at my girl
If you want a serious answer, well that kind of high status people usually put some distances with others even if they're very close in relationsips. The humble want to be average janes rich like Mugi often left their identity and don't want people to associate with her real identity as ojou sama (and taken very literally at their college life)

post yfw you see this whole scene for the first time

Mugi was just a plot device so the girls could do whatever they wanted without issue of money. Ritsu and Mio are the only two real characters out of the original group.

That's a web series

This ho single-handedly ruined the show

How sad it is that fatter and chubbier people become the norm, even in my fucking animay

its pretty boring but if you've watched one slice of life shitfest you know what you're getting into

I disagree.
She made it better.

Even that legendary retarded tripfag has now grown up after watching a decide number of anime and realized K-On isn't that good and neither are its girls.

The keions are just chubby in the face.

It is actually really good. I had a lot of fun watching it, it made me laugh, cry, and care about the characters. You should give it a try, definitely.

No
Memes existed long before that year. Do some googling.

>tfw I see his reviews on MAL every now and then
>then I remember that this is the same fucking trip that was so autistic over Azusa that he's in a Sup Forums banner

Was sad, but it also reminds me of something that pissed me off about the final few episodes/movie. They gave a nice ending to most of the stuff, except for Nodoka. Yui never had a moment of realization that she wasn't going to be with Nodoka everyday. I get the whole point was that she didn't need Nodoka or Ui to look out for her anymore, but come on.

That ain't Jun.

heard its one of the few cases of bad manga/good anime.

otherwise pretty eyes and nagisa from clannad voices someone.

,/a /is dead

>Reading MAL
Shit nigga what are you doing?

Bad manga is a little bit of a stretch. It's a very bare series, but not offensive in any way. A huge chunk of the anime is original though.

Sup Forums has been dead for years but i still come here for some reason

It's true, unfortunately. I liked all of the other characters really much, and it's not like I disliked Mugi, but I just couldn't care about her. She was a token of the ojousama archetype, which I'm not too big on anyway. This is probably the weakest point of the series.

>Most importantly the switch to HD.
That's like the least fucking important thing for anime (better framerates would be far more noticeable). And isn't most anime still 720p anyway?
HD tvs were widely sold by 2005, but I guess you were probably an infant back then.
Also, K-on is nothing special, but lots of people here are nostalgic about the series.

Your preference but their thighs are often drawn fat user, and not in a good looking way

When did you realize Sup Forums was gone for good? For me it was early 2012.

reddit is objectively better for hobby discussion

not gonna lie, it really is a charming show. no wonder it got so big.

In the US, LCD TVs didn't outnumber CRTs until late 2007.

Cause you're already dead inside too user

2012 as well.

She supplies the food

Moog why the best

Are keyons idolshit?

She's one of the worst one though (more due to being bland, not a shit). She's like the 9th best girl of the show.

As an SoL, its the best of its genre for surprisingly involved writing for the genre but that's only really in S2/movie thanks to Azusa's introduction.

Of course actually trying to explain that would make me look autistic so you can either take my word for it or not, I guess

Sure there was... one per every two or three months. It's not like nowadays where there's too many memes for any one person to keep up with.

And the funds for the instruments, right

If they'd adapted the series around now instead of 2009, it probably would have been marketed/produced as such.

Would get an adaption of the College/Wakaba Girls chapters at least.

This anime is an example of kyoanifans defending a show until their last breath, this would've happened to VEG if it didnt flop

Are you underaged.

She got Yui an insane discount on her guitar and got it repaired for free once, but that was it really it. All the other girls provided their own instruments/gear.

Go away