What's your complete:drop ratio for anime?

I don't want estimates.

I've finished 588 and dropped 28.

Sometimes I'll just force myself to finish a shit show because I've watched half of the season and it would seem pointless.

Probably like 1:10

Drop 521
Completed 121

If a show doesn't grab me I drop it, including shit Sup Forums fucking loves

Finished ~1130 and here's everything I ever dropped.

0% - 100%

Completed: 346
Dropped: 4 (including Nadia, which I watched all the way till the end, but I still ended up listing it as dropped because I never watched the Island and Africa episodes)

i never drop an anime. i suffer and power through it

643:68

2.5:1

Fuckoff tripfag

This but in reverse.

900/100

Jesus I thought I was bad. I'm 65:56 and I've been asking myself if I should even continue the hobby. What keeps you going?

Most of the time I don't add dropped anime to MAL but I think the ratio is 1 anime every 30 is dropped. I only pick shows I know I'm going to watch so there is that.

completed: 169
dropped: 14

Don't you feel like there's better things you could be doing with your time? Surely most of that investment isn't worth it for you personally

>completed
202 (only started counting post HS and need to research those shows)
>dropped
>on hold (most will be dropped)
>watching
>plan to watch

1000+ is not that much. When you're watching anime for years and years, it just accumulates. I've seen people with ~4000 titles, tell that to them.

>on hold
I don't even include this as a category. "On hold" just means I don't want to watch it.

Sometimes a season just has too much of one genre, and I like multiple but dont want to watch just to watch. So I use that just so I know what I want to watch on backlog, as it means the show was fun/3ep good. I'm also a full time wageslave so have to balance what I do/don't a season + backlog. I find this more enjoyable than speedwatching

I "pick up" (more like watch first episodes of) 6-7 ongoings every year. That usually leaves me with 1-2 ongoings that I actually complete every year, plus 3-4 old shows that are guranteed not shit (or curiosity of "how shit can it be?"), of which I probably dropped only FMA03 because it got too confusing after reading the manga. So about half dropped.

Watched around 1000, dropped less than 100 probably.

Completed 102
Dropped 37
Watching 6

I hadn't realized I had watched this many. I guess that makes Devilman Crybaby my 100th completed anime.

The good shows

>100
>many
Even 5 years ago, you would have been told to lurk moar and leave until you hit 400. But this is nu-Sup Forums so welcome fellow r*dditor!

I mean that I had thought I had watched less, not that it's a relatively high amount for this board.

This thread.

Don't know exactly how many I've watched because I don't keep track but I think its around 15 or 20.
Haven't dropped any so far.

Finished almost 200 so far and only dropped one, maybe someday I'll come back to it.

5:1

I want to be like you when I grow up, user

My mother didn't raise a quitter.
If a show is horrible I'll sit through it or shove it to my backlog

400:113
dunno how many completed actual shows that are

If your backlog is 10+ shows long, consider it dropped, now whats the ratio?

Drop Ratio - 41.6% (Completed around 350)

1:100
I hate animes and yet watch them just for old times sak
It's been 3 years since I last completed a series

525 completed 59 dropped
To be fair though. Allot of those droped are part of the 3 episode rule dropps.

Do you guys count stuff like watching the first episode(s) of shows you had no intention of watching, but just did because it was the beginning of the season? Because probably almost all of Sup Forums does that.

Completed: 608
Dropped: 29
On-Hold: 15
Backlog: Too numerous to count

stop trying to fit in retard. I'll take a newfag who has watched 100 good shows over someone who has watched 400 and still has shit taste

59:4 but I only watch animemes under heavy recommendation and after researching the show a bit.

Yes. If you watched part of something and don't plan to ever finish it, it means you dropped it. It doesn't matter if it's only one episode.

Well so far I've watched 3 and dropped 1

Might go back to it tho (SAO)

completed 127
dropped 39

I don't start something unless I intend to finish it.

I finish the vast majority of shows I start. Something usually needs to be pretty awful for me to drop it.

Mine works out to be just about 3:2 Watched:Dropped
I ussaly end up dropping after the first or second episode.

236:50

I've been watching animu before knowing what a backlog was so I have no fucking clue.

You sound like someone who needs to watch more anime.

This is interesting. Most people say they complete more than they drop. But for me, I try out almost every show each season, and drop most of them within a few episodes. I end the season with about 5-10 shows I enjoy. When it comes to the backlog, I typically finish every show, but for seasonal, I drop most of them.

Leave.

If you just take every show you don't like and put it in your "backlog" and never touch it again, you dropped it.

I use it the other way around, higher priority than plan to watch.

12:1, plus some shows I've dropped but instead of putting them into the dropped section, I've removed them completely and decided to fuhgeddaboudit.
Don't know the exact number but it's probably less than 30.

20:1

I usually never start a show if the premise isn't interesting enough.

this

I put shows that needs BD on hold. Mostly fanservice shows. There is literally no reason to watch them ceonsored.

epic answer dude

You're missing out. If a show is good, it can make you care about the premise. Sound Euphonium made me care, and I don't give a shit about music normally.

292 : 74

Around 0.95

8:1
But I add the show to the drop list only if I made it past 3 episodes, there have been much more shows I dropped on the first or second episode because I usually try 90% of anime every season.

Very pocky, 140 total, 13 of them were dropped at some point for being too shit.

9:1.
I drop only utter garbage.

I'm not an autist that keeps precise track of what I watch. But it's very low. Once you see enough anime, you'll be able to tell the shit you're going to like 9/10 times by just PVs, staff and premise.

Dropped: 752
Completed: 208

oh and
31 on hold

Then what kind of autist are you?

6:1 according to MAL.

I have a lot of shows on hold though.

Does skipping anime counts as drop?

The kind that watches a lot chinese cartoons

Those ones are the worst.

I don't think I've ever completed an anime. Anxiety of show ending means I don't watch last episodes immediately. By that point a new season has started or I've picked up some other shows on my plan to watch list

Never drop anime in my life.

Completed 963
Dropped 93

>227 completed
>0 dropped
I don't drop shit.

1.9 completed per drop.
11.6 completed per on-hold.
Out of the ones i've dropped, 75% are dropped before finishing the first episode. The remainder including two kyoani shows that i dropped on the penultimate episode. They are the absolute masters of making shows that are JUST interesting enough to stop you from dropping them, but not interesting enough to actually be good.