Why don't we have any manly anime anymore?

Why don't we have any manly anime anymore?

>uses woman
>supreme alpha
>actually kills enemies

What happend

Other urls found in this thread:

anichart.net/spring-1998
youtube.com/watch?v=S6Xn3q5mjAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Manly anime are for manly men only, no market left these days

You cant self insert into it and most people dont think it’s cute and feminine to have strong female characters so it doesnt sell

Damn this hurts.

There are. You just aren't watching them because you're too incompetent to find them.

Lol ya sure boss.

Anime watchers are beta males

enlighten us oh great Sage

This.

I honestly don't give a shit what anyone on this board thinks. Shows like Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star were the gold standard for anime, now it's 80% moe/waifubait bullshit.

can you please suggest more shows of that style? I only watched CB, OS and Trigun. Thank you user

The Big O, Samurai Champloo and Wolf's Rain are like the B-Team trio of "cool" anime after bebop, outlaw and trigun

This is how I feel.

Garo, you pathetic whiner.

But which came first, the soyboy audience or the shows demonizing masculinity and glorifying docile MC cucks?

>which came first
jews

t. Nostalgia faggot loves his first anime. Literally so many good anime out there from that period and you can only name the shit that air dubbed when you were a baby. Pathetic

give us your suggestions

Name a late 90s-early 2000s series that's "good" then.

agree 1000%, faggots and females ruined anime

Best OVA movie to go along with this is Vampire Hunder D: Bloodlust

ok fuckboi, name some of your patrician suggestions..I bet you won't, cuz you're scared your shit taste will come to light

The reason those shows were getting dubs in the first place was because they were good, just because normies know about something doesn't mean it's automatically shit.

Outlaw Star was fun, but it was still filled with anime tropes and Aisha exists purely to be a waifu.

Men don't exist in anime anymore

Melfina gave me a stasis tank fetish.

Not a recommendation thread. Go to the appropriate board faggots.

Lol nice dodge faggot.

If you want some real man shit go read fucking Gantz. It is the manliest shit you can find. Read Highschool of the dead too, it's for chads as well, but it's never gonna get finished.

The truth right here

You must lurk 2 years before posting.
But here you stupid faggot I'll spoon feed you, gunbuster and now and then, here and now. Now drink some bleach or fuck off to /r/

seek help

Been here longer than you have been alive kiddo.

>Ganz
>Highschool of the Dead
this is some high level trolling

>ive been a weeb longer than you
>my peepee is bigger than yours

"Manly" anime is for people insecure about their masculinity and sexuality.

>actually kills enemies
>Macdougal brothers
I think one of them survives to help out briefcase girl in final episodes.

>not understanding board culture
>asking to be spoonfed
>asking for recommendations
Again fuck off you dumb faggots

>muh board culture
summer did come early this year

You're the cancer that is killing Sup Forums. Look at every other board, and how filled with shit it is because they laxed up and didn't enforce the culture and rules. Now it's full of newfags and normies shitting it up. Fuck you for being an idiot for not upholding what makes this place great or for coming here and trying to change it. In complete seriousness kill yourself.

>The virgin self-insertfag

You're the one trying to make an argument but refusing to provide any support for your argument

Ya he's mad

>outlAW SHIT
>manly

Cat girl was the only good thing in that shitfest.

Bump for interest

what manly animu do you have in mind then you bearded hunk of muscle?

Cat girl was shit for 70% of her screentime

>Gunbuster
Only visually, storywise it's very weak and the central message of hard work and guts paying off completely falls apart when the only reason Noriko got anywhere was because of nepotism. Also this is a late 80's show, not 90's.
>Now and Then, Here and There
You've got to be kidding, a painfully dull anti-war commentary filled with one note characters (except for Nabuca who's the only one who goes through a real arc) that only exist to be victimized or be the one doing the victimization to prove the anime's point. Seriously fuck this show and fuck you too, at least most of the Toonami shows mentioned in this thread try to be nothing more than simple entertainment as opposed to this up-its-own-ass piece of garbage.

No, she was hilarious the whole way through

Gungrave deserves to be on the list

But that is not true. I just like manly men

Cat girls are always useless.

Did the hot springs episode show Aisha's tits uncensored when it aired in japan? I've always wondered this

You're useless, cat girls add qtness

We at least had Gurren Lagann

Overlord. Just a manly man out to take or the world through sheer strength and power of will.

good taste

Not seen yet is it worth watching before series end

it is kinda like Sword Art Online but with an adult storyline and it is much more interesting to watch.

K I'll check it out

>normies

GunxSword is Trigun with mecha.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

What's the in-universe reason for giving a robot breasts and genitals?

Yea this faggot obviously had shit taste and instead of keeping quiet, exposed his angry impotence and lack of taste to all of Sup Forums while talking about 'board culture'. Literally the dictionary definition of a try hard contrarian neckbeard faglord

I heard the fight scenes are shit..as a manly man, thats mainly all i care about

Men have never on average been as big of pussies as they are currently.

It's hot

>What happened?
Shinji Ikari probably
Also, they were as cardboard cut out as the ones we have now.

A lot of "beta" behavior is endorsed by Christianity. If anything the obsession with being "alpha" seems to stem from a lack of religious, moral guidance in an increasingly secular world, causing an amoral system centered on "using women" and asserting dominance to replace the "Golden Rule" or "Seven Great Virtues."

Yes but better and not shameful to watch.

But was anyone even planning on fucking her when she was built? These are the real questions that need to be asked

Shame comes from insecurity. You're just stating that it's your own problem and not the anime's.

> now it's 80% moe/waifubait bullshit
Just like it was when Bebop aired, you mean?

anichart.net/spring-1998
Just look at all those cute girls and children's toy commercials.

That's a pretty stacked season

I actually had no clue trigun aired alongside bebop, might be the GOAT season ever.

Nothing normal about watching teens in a cartoon date and make uguu sounds in middle school as a 30 year old right?

you're not making any sense.

Its totally normal watching teens in a cartoon date and make uguu sounds in middle school as a 30 year old right?
Nothing to be ashamed of huh.

>Cowboy Bebop
>Cardcaptor Sakura
>Trigun
>Initial D
>Princess Nine
>Yu-Gi-Oh

My god

We will never have a lineup that good again

listen, if you can build a robot for some non-sex related function and still give it the ability to fuck without compromising it's initial functions you would be remiss not to.

No. Not if you're a mature 30 year old who genuinely likes it and understands that middle schoolers in melodrama act like that. Once again, anime doesn't feel shame - you do. A 30 year old who's watching this and feeling shame has issues because HE is watching something that he feels he shouldn't be, whether someone made him feel like that or otherwise.

I love Aisha!

I count 4 about cutesy shows vs a bunch of action and adventure shows

I count about 5 cutesy shows vs a bunch of action and adventure shows

Are either of the Eva Rip-Offs on here any good?

I bet you don't go outside.

I don't know if using women is a good thing, but I really wish more protagonists killed their enemies, it's one of the most satisfying things when there's a real asshole of a villain who gets whats coming to them.

GO. WATCH. GARO. VANISHING. LINE.
ITS GOT CUTE GIRLS.
ITS GOT MANLY MEN.
ITS GOT MANLY MEN AND CUTE GIRLS GOING ON A BIG ADVENTURE TOGETHER.
THERE'S FIGHTING.
THERE'S BLOOD
THERE'S BLOODY FIGHTING.
I AM GAR FOR GARO.

Kyoani will never make something as good as Sakigake Otokojuku.

youtube.com/watch?v=S6Xn3q5mjAU

Berserk & the guyver

You mean that's why the world is less religious than ever? What you said sounds like the opposite of what's happening

I thought it was more religious than ever?

I am laughing my ass off, but seriously... 1973? with the cyberpunk 80s and the transcendent nirvana of 90's anime yet to come? drop dead

I thought the issue with anime is that the first generation was original artists creating original works, while the second generation created works based of the first generation. The complaint that anime is too self-referential and insular comes from this. rather than drawing inspiration from other artforms and their own lives, current anime creators just draw inspiration from other anime. hence, the same jokes, the same tropes, the same stock waifus, and so on.

I would say the worst period for anime was early 00's. the switch from hand drawn cells to digital painting made everything look like dog shit. The runaway success of moeshit like Lucky Star lead to everything turning into derivative moe garbage. it was a while before shit got good, again

It's kind of boring, I want my HnK S2 already.

>world is less religious
The world still very religious place, atheists still a monorite