What made him so great? What is it about him that people love about him?

What made him so great? What is it about him that people love about him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_VIziXOtdKk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obviously because he's an American.

Just like all Americans--especially on this site, he is beloved and respected.

He always saves people with a smile

youtube.com/watch?v=_VIziXOtdKk

He's HYOOGE, always smiling, incredibly dense, kinda silly but deep down a good guy you can't help but love. He's truly the idea of a hero incarnate. The fact that he's actually on his way down and a mentor figure rather than the protagonist makes him all the more likeable. I actually cried when he told Midoriya that he too can be a hero.

>Obviously because he's an American.
He's not and that pisses me off. He should've been a gaijin.

He's a good lad

Thats one of the reasons I dropped the series. It built All might up like there was some catastrophic world buster level threat that he neutralized with a secret power that hyped him up for the rest of his career. But that potential was wasted.

He's a pretty good guy.

But it did. All Might vs All For One.

he's a loving parody of Superman, goofy yet badass and his whole "keeping up appearances despite supercancer" thing is touching
but he did neutralize a catastrophic world buster level threat

I think it is cause he is pure. No tragic/edgy backstory, no complicated reasons for doing what he does. He is just a simple guy who wants to save people, whats not to like?

Anons, I'm not prepared for what's coming to us in season 3. And you know what I mean since I posted it here and not in HeroAca general

>WOW HE PUNCH SOMETHING HARD
>SO LE EPIC

Better question is why people online pretend that everything he does is incredible when he's a knockoff of everything.

>knockoff
he's literally a deliberate pastiche of western superheroes (Superman in particular)
also nobody cares that he punches things hard, many shonens have more powerful characters than All-Might

people just like him for the character, and some of those people happen to be obnoxious redditors who can't shut up about it (but that's the case with every popular show)

He's stale like all the other characters in this series.

This explains everything.

He is charismatic as fuck.

End ur life gringo.

You just explained why I like Superman

why are you comparing him to superman when he's based on super saiyan Goku?

>Do you have any influences from Dragon Ball?

>My impression that strong characters are packed with muscles is probably because of Dragon Ball's influence. I really like the body shape of Goku when he goes Super Saiyan, which might be where All Might's concept came from.

[...]

>Probably have to be Goku and Spiderman. To me, when mentioning heroes, these two are the ones that I think of. In Goku's case, it's the reassurance that everything is going to be fine he brings when arriving. Such as, on Namek, Goku was getting healed, and his friends are all beaten badly. When Goku finally recovered and walked out of the healing machine, that reassurance right there is what I'm talking about. Something like "Ah, everything is going to be fine". When I first read it and saw it was really Goku who had arrived, I continued reading thinking the thought "gonna win". (laughs) That reassurance is something that all of the other characters don't have. I thought about it afterwards, and even though there are a variety of heroes, the hero model that is built up in my mind is built around the concept that the hero is somebody that brings reassurance. That's why I think a hero to me is somebody that helps and brings reassurance to others. In Spiderman's case the first experience I had with this character was the movie, in which there were a lot of scenes with him rescuing people, which I felt that was really cool. The moment he "saves somebody" is really awesome.

It's the hair. Nobody likes a bald hero.

Because just because he didn't mean to make a Superman character he really captured the best reasons why Superman is great.

>What is it about him that people love about him?

Because he helps people. He puts himself in harm's way if you need him to. He'd put his life down for you if you cried for help.

How do you not fucking love that?

Who is this weird, cheerful old dude? Wouldn't he be better as a pretty boy?

I liked the way he beat the shit out of midoriya and bakugo

I'm so glad Hori chose to stick to his guns about All Might. He'd be way less fun if he didn't look so extreme and instead was an anime pretty boy. Although I bet he'd do better on character polls.