I started watching this a couple of days ago

I started watching this a couple of days ago.
I'm almost finished (last 4 episodes), but Subaru is so shit it hurts. Rem is objectively superior, why the fuck is he still hung up on the halfblood?

Just shut up and love Rem. Rem is love. Rem is life.

First girl always wins

I love Emilia too

Yeah but they didn't do shit. I don't understand.

In-story answer: Witchery and reincarnation shenanigans
Real time answer: In the original source (which is not the LN by the way, its the WN) Rem just blows Emilia out of the water. In the WN it's quite clear to see that Rem is the winner, or that she'll be involved in some tragic end that will push Subaru to end up with no one. In the LN they have changed that and replaced hers and many other character scenes (also cut some dialogue of one of Subaru's most important scenes) with that of Emilia scenes and with dialogue wanking her.

>not liking Ram the most

why would i love a clown obsessed oni whose only good for buttsex?

Too loose

Anime cut out almost all of Subaru's feelings for Rem, him confessing to Rem, and his complete emotional reliance on Rem.

>Why?
The Anime Director self inserts as Subaru and he liked Emilia more.
>Proof?
――What do you think of Subaru’s character?
Watanabe: I thought: “He’s me!” (laughs) There are parts of his character that resonate with anyone, but especially with guys. I didn’t even have to scrutinize myself. I could tell just from looking at him that he was a life-sized version of me.

Watanabe: That’s a tough question. People will get mad at me no matter who I say (laughs). But I suppose that Rem’s role in the story is that of a sub-heroine, while Emilia is the main heroine. I directed episode 1 myself and did as much as I could to enhance her presence in the scenes to make up for her lack of screen time. I’d change her outfits and made sure she gave off a strong impression. As far as I’m concerned, the heroine is Emilia, but perhaps nobody will believe me when I say that. After all, Rem clearly acts more like a heroine (laughs). But please don’t forget the scenes that showcase Emilia as the heroine (laughs).

No point when I don't have a clown cock

Fuck you with your overrated mainstream "waifu" bait shit

>not having a clown cock

Oh wow. An unironic Emiliafaggot ruined the fucking anime and now by extension the LN with his fucking faggotry. Great job Watanabe, you've just cut the original depth of the romance by more then 3 quarters!

We got another one boys!

What the actual fuck. What a hack.

>tries to show how great Emilia is
>still failed
Emiliafags are against the world and they're so delusional that they don't care

Okay, in-story:
There's a theory already mentioned that witch fuckery is afoot. I'm not a personal subscriber of this theory, but its not without some evidence.

The definite reason is that Emilia is all of his fetishes come to life, at least at a first glance, and that Subaru as a character trait is extremely stubborn and tries to never give up on anything. This helps Rem as well, because he forgives her and feels comfortable around her even after her and her sister killed him. He recognizes retroactively that her promise to cut his hair was just Ram covering for Rem's murderous gazes, but still wants to make that promise real and something that matters even though Rem never remembers making it in the first place because it was a previous loop. When Rem is giving him her From Zero speech she is talking up all the traits about Subaru that she loved, the Subaru that was there before as she saw him. For better or worse that Subaru also loves Emilia and is doing everything in his power to help her. By telling him to not give up, she's pushing him towards Emilia because that's what he was working on before, so his reply very concisely tells her that the Subaru she fell in love with is back, but also lets her know what that means, which she already knew and was somewhat prepared for. This is why she doesn't give up herself and basically a day or two later they're almost sucking face (Cut in anime only, but present in all other media) and Subaru has legitimately decided to pursue both with Emilia's permission, but then things get really fucked up from there and its spoilers.

Was Ram ever even a love interest? I know she was a route in that one game that came out.

To add further, Emilia is an illusory goal, she's a dream in a sense, something for Subaru to chase, while Subaru has been forced to recognize that Rem is real. This causes some problems later and I think a big thing Emilia's character is trying to do is trying to make Subaru realize over time that she's not some illusory dream girl but also a real person, and strides have been made in that direction, but she still feels less 'real' than Rem which in my opinion is why she falls flat for a lot of people while Rem pops.

>but present in all other media)
its cut from the manga, they even reused the pose she did from the LN but the scene doesn't have the confession or kiss attempt.

all adaptions are pointing towards the anime now, the LN bent itself backwards for the anime and everything else is following suit

No, Ram firmly likes clown cock. The only other guy interested in her (Besides the village youth leader guy who has a Ram and Ram fanclub) is established that they both really only have mostly platonic almost sibling-like affection for each other and his crush is fairly idle. And then he gets claimed by a furball.

forgot to add

Re:Zero is dead and the anime killed it.

Was it? My mistake then, so present in the LN and WN only. Although the arc 3 manga was just sort of lazily copying the anime anyway so I guess that's not much of a surprise.

Damn why are you so invested in some fictional romance? Get a fucking life bruh.

I have a liberal arts degree I need to justify somehow, breaking down themes and story structure is trivial.

You must be new here friend.

The only Ram scene I remotely care for. I hope theres more like this in the LN/WN.

'I love Sanctuary' and her confronting Roswaal were cool, too bad both got cut/butchered completely so we won't really see them.

>'I love Sanctuary' and her confronting Roswaal

EXPLAIN.

It was the one of the most powerful scenes Ram has and was a highlight of the entire Arc. It truly made her into an actual character instead of the lame background character she was in 2-3 but it was butchered hardcore by the LN so it doesn't matter anymore.

She doesn't give Garfiel her ultimatum in the LN, and Puck jams himself into the fight scene with Roswaal,

5ch's opinion of the Arc 4 LN is that it's a less interesting version of the WN, and reading it feels like you're skimming over the original version.

Rem is the key in all this.

Arc 4 shenanigans, but its very heavy spoilers and also kind of complicated.

Garfiel, a cat-dude introduced in arc 4, is a semi-antagonist and Ram goes to confront him. They're childhood friends of sorts and she offers an ultimatum of herself to get him to stop being a dick. But he likes his home (Sanctuary) and his obligation to protect it more than his crush on her so he turns into a giant tiger to turn his brain off so he can kill her

Roswaal is the arc boss of arc 4 and is a fuckass with a gospel, but its better than the witch cult's. Ram hates the book and there's some agreement stuff between them, but ultimately she feels the book has been proven wrong and so she's in her rights to destroy it, which she does and Roswaal nukes her

>and reading it feels like you're skimming over the original version.
Oh, and this is very much an opinion I share. Summaryanon may have called himself summaryanon, but he never skipped anywhere near as much as the LN does.

i am so sick of seeing the retarded ugly waifus from this shit my god

go back to where you came from

Fine, I'll post the pretty waifus instead

neck yourself shit taster

Also worth noting, 5ch tends to blame the page limits of each book for the LN's inferiority, and don't seem to like the idea of the LN changes influencing the WN's plot or characterization. I get the impression they prefer Puckuso from the WN.

Well he's a lot more of a mysterious little shit in the WN so that's understandable.

Can someone post link to translations?

I love Emilia

I'd suggest you go back to where you came from, mouth breather.

That game doesn't have romance in it. It's not a dating game.

Today I will remind them

Lets kick the heresy up a notch

NO

>See this
What do?

The pics don't tell you anything about the actual scenes. It's a bait game for people who expected it to be a dating sim.

I know, going into the game Sup Forums's only interest was troll-y pics to use. Unfortunately, its not even all that great on that front, except maybe for this one.

Also crush them, I suppose.

And some of the Crusch ones

Man, I had no expectations for Death or Kiss and it was still disappointing

Oh, it's not a complete shitshow. Priscilla knows Ram is an Oni without being told, and Ram's confused about that. Or something of that sort.

I know there's little tidbits here and there, but its still dumb and the cgs are really crap quality.

I can't wait for Emilia to win once, and for all. It's going to be hilarious seeing Remfags lose it, as if their maid ever had the chance of winning against Tappei's waifu.

I want to have sex with Ram.

judging the material Tappei has put out so far and his QAs, Rem has the highest chance.

Did you even read the series?

She already won in an entire other series of stories and Emilia is dead as fuck, we're just waiting to see if she does it again.

It's called baiting. Tappei isn't an idiot, he knows how popular Rem is. Of course he's going to make it seem like she has a chance to win in order to appease the fanbase and keep the good sales.

Even worse. The girl that wins in a different series/AU always loses in the main one.

>AU
IF*

>baiting
You know expecting the author to be a compete and utter hack isn't the right way to go about things.
>Of course he's going to make it seem like she has a chance to win in order to appease the fanbase and keep the good sales.
The thing is this was before there were sales.

>AU
The author likes writing those and the most popular request was "What if Rem said yes in From:Zero". He genuinely enjoys writing Subaru and Rem's relationship.

Kill yourself. Ram and Remove are both garbage. All the girls in the series are.

Do my hair

The anime is what bought the really good sales in the first place, and the anime is what made Rem incredibly popular. He undoubtedly knows she brings in money, and fans. He'll make it seem like she has a chance, only to pull the rug out under her. Emilia is literally his waifu, he's not giving her some shit ending.

You know the anime was only made because Re: Zero was doing well when it was free, and Rem's popularity was already established way back then? Her and Subaru already caused a plot restructure.

can you like do some more research before spewing garbage?

>Subaru is so shit it hurts.
Well no shit he's just some kid that was transported to an alien world

>lame
She was nee-sama, even if she was pretty background

>to make Subaru realize over time that she's not some illusory dream girl but also a real person
Does he do something later again? I wouldn't take his usual EMT nonsense too seriously

I know, but I meant super popular when talking about popularity. The anime is what really brought the show into the light including Rem. Either way, Emilia is going to win.

probably satella shenanigans involved too

I have a favor... how am I supposed to read the manga? I see that different people are working on different adaptations or something like that, but it confuses the hell out of me. I really want to read it but I don't know where to start.

>Emilia is going to win.

start from the beginning. arc 1

also don't read the manga, only arc 2 was done well but the manga just lazily copies the anime. cutting the same scenes the anime did, portraying the characters the same way, the manga is shit. If you are going to spend the time to read this read the LN (read the WN when possible).

>Why is he hung up on the halfblood?
Didn't you hear? The Subaru and the Oni are fianceès now.

Fucking hell and here I was trying to not spoil people.

My bad.

Its not the nonsense. Its a big part of arc 4 for him to start not putting Emilia on a pedestal and treat her like a person. He covers up his fears and such with memeflirting still through arc 6, so its a work in progress. Similar to other things he seems to want to take his pursuit of Emilia and make it less of a dumb meme and more real, but they're both awkward as hell about it and finding out Emilia is like 12 hasn't helped things.

I'd ram her, if you catch my drift

Did anyone ever translate this?

thanks man

Oh, I forgot to finish that one.

FUCKING

H E R E S Y

>Ram and Ram
I see what you did there.

Whoever decided to remove that deserves to be on the chopping block. It was one of my favourite character ultimatums in the entire arc.

>watching Isekai

Not reading/watching one of the best love stories ever told

FILTHY

ONE NIGHT

Directed by: Hideo Kojima