Violet Evergarden

Greatest non-romantic love story ever told?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjRfsGKdTAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was romantic. She wanted the guy to use his own words. But she also did not want to leave her maid's side.

Is this the best shot in the show so far?

This was beautifuly done. Best scene in the series so far for me.

I was actually hoping Violet would've botched the marriage with her spergery in the letters and the two nations would've been drawn into a new war.

I want to protect Alberta's smile

So... will this be the worst selling KyoAni show since Phantom World? At the rate things are going, 4K sales might seem like a stretch (the numbers will likely be closer to 3K).

Munto is still their worst selling

>muh sales

>deflowering lolis
>non-romantic

Congrats kyoani, I teared up a bit during that ending. You fuckers.

everkino

That's Yamada and Fujita (and Sawa but who cares) combo magic for you.

I need more moments of Violet like this.

Does the PV have any new shots left

Not counting the shots that are from the novel.

Violet (apparently) crying - I expect this one next episode because Dietfried is an asshole.
Violet on the battlefield staring back with dead eyes - also expect it next week.

What killed the hype?

She's so precious.

I think they're all LN scenes
>top two are the playwright chapter
>next two are the scholar
>more flashbacks
the last one of Violet crying might or might not be an original scene cause I name name a few scenes of her crying in the dark.

>the last one of Violet crying might or might not be an original scene cause I name name a few scenes of her crying in the dark.

Probably next episode.

>14 years old
lmfao

This is such a great show.

That fucking hack ishidate better have learned something from yamada this episode.

Oscar // Oscar
Leon // Leon
Gilbert & Violet // ??
?? //

Some may not like Violet Evergarden because it's slow-paced as fuck, but that's what I love about it.
Also, it's the best looking anime of the season. Heck, it's the best looking anime I've seen in years.

I love poofy European dresses

Me too, but I'm pretty sure they'd look hideous on me.

I think only Redline looks better than VEG. But Redline is a movie so it's not really a fair comparison.
Who knows, maybe the season finale will be surpass even what we have now.

My fav.

Redline was something like 10 years ago tho.

And it still looks amazing.

Yeah, that's true, but that's what I meant when I said VEG is the best thing I've seen in years.

Ah.
Well, of course. Easily the best looking TV anime ever made I think.

How so? We've yet to see her responding to a threat and we've yet to see if anime Violet also hides a bunch of weapons on her clothes.

Will Violet react to being accused of murder?

>thinking sales matter
It's a Netflix show, so sales are meaningless

She doesn't give a shit. The character she identifies with the most in the novel is a war criminal anyway.

I was all set to hate this show, but it has been pretty comfy.

The Fluegel-Drossel Union is a plot by Leidenschaftlit to bring Fluegel into the South Alliance.

Those Southern bastards.

For now.

>t. butthurt northernshitter

>The North will Rise again!

Rei-tier smile

True but the initial stuff we saw at Ep1(the way she fights) was far from what I imagine when she I read the novel.

>those colours
Don't fight the instagram filters, user. They're good for you.

Best episode so far, it wasn't a complete bore. But the show still feels aimless in my filthy secondary opinion. Makes me feel dirty for thinking that such a beautiful looking show is so painfully mediocre. Hope it picks up, lots on talent in this production.

I tried but no thanks, it's too different

Best episode yet. I was squealing like a little girl.

>every episode until you like it

Do you think the maids have fun dressing her up? Like she's a doll.

who is the glasses man?

probably that guy from the first job in the novels

>Yamada episode
>feet show
Like clockwork.

With the way things are being told they're setting it up for a continuation.
Expect a movie or second season announcement

>Make the most best looking show in TV
>Fuck it up by having a shit director
>Go ham on anime original

If only they poured this shit on K-ON instead.

I have no idea why people think that show is slow paced, it's problem is probably the opposite.

>Expect a movie or second season announcement

It's a flop. They'll wrap it up with a movie. Then leave it in the air.

So now we are deflecting to Netflix after it flopped on Amazon? Brilliant.

>Blaming on the director

Face it, the novel itself is boring. You can deflect it to "original anime plot" for the first 4 episode (although all 4 episodes contained plots from the novel so this is not a valid argument anyway), but right now episode 5 totally showed that it is nothing but a self-insert shoujo novel with little to none interesting and innovating plots.

I keep telling people the novel is boring, but all I get were people shilling the novel without even giving a single reason why they think it is the best shit and deserved the daisho.

That's how they dress up royalty
Las Meninas

>wanting a grown man to pound your illegal pussy just because he took 5 minutes of his time to comfort you

Is there a more stupid woman than this?

>In this pictures, we can see multiple faces of inbreds

>shilled this anime before it was even aired
>when it aired shilled it with inflated amazon sales
>when it showed how bad it is in the first 4 episode, blame the director
>when amazon sales finally showed that the show is indeed flopping, "i-it is a netflix show so BD sales means nothing!"

Next is:

>Y-you are just a hater!

Iris' mother was pretty dumb.

Why are you still here? All the trolls and haters leave 3 days ago.

I am just not happy with the wasted potential. They can make a better anime with netflix money. Hell, even Musaigen 2 will be better.

Episode 2 and 4
Considering the pattern of the show so far episode 6 should be shit.

I think it's legitimate criticism. Has nothing to do with being a troll or hating as much as it has to do with being a contrarian and feeling validated by Violet Evergarden's relative lack of success. Your dismissive attitude does more harm than good in this situation, user, you're only inviting more shitposting.

>haters

like clockwork

Let's test if this report button works.

Mano po?

That's old Kyoani though.

someone needs to bring those autistic full episode moving frame webms
I miss them

Isn't this the major's brother?

No way, Dietfried has short hair.

Im glad kyoani got rid of the filter

it actually gives the filter a purpose
even if it makes the visuals of the first few episodes a little worse

Stop

Axe time!

People already forgetting Lucilia and changing her to a new waifu.

Unfaithful plebs.

Don't worry. Luculia will be back. For some reason they gave her a story arc of her own.

Scholar and Oscar episodes.

I initially though the current episode was supposed to be Magnolia Ann episode, because little girl and well, Magnolias all over the PV. But it turned out to be anime original.

does this mean another war is breaking out?

youtube.com/watch?v=HjRfsGKdTAA

I need to do ep 4-5, but no time for now. Hopefully update at weekend.

The episode with most feets was 4 and it was Takemoto

I hope Ann gets an episode. At this point though, they might get cut out.

I hope they don't cut out Edwin's story.

Is Violet Evergarden slower/more boring than Hyouka?
Asking because I dropped Evergarden but haven't gotten around to watching Hyouka yet, all I know is that a lot of people criticize Hyouka for being slow and boring, which I was ready to dismiss up until now.

Very nice!

This was a pretty good scene. this show get better every episode.

It's slower but I wouldn't call it more boring. The boring parts in VEG are the ones were they try to shove drama in your face, Hyouka is just comfy for the most part.

The hell are you smoking? Dietfried haing long hair is actual point in novel, since their family is prominent military noble family and their father was very strict. So Dietfried having long hair is kind of protest, and he also ran to navy just in spite - abandoning ties with family, which is traditionally Army, pissing its members even more.

She might be back in Scholar arc, along other graduates since there will be like 100 AMDs.