Devilman

This was quite possibly the most fucked up anime I've seen in my entire god damn life.

What did Sup Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZBbgPovlao
youtube.com/watch?v=1uD2y7tmGVk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s shit

AOTY

I liked it a lot. I noticed the animation looked a little janky at some points, but the style really carried the show through. In a lot of ways, it's the opposite of Violet Evergarden. While VE is slow, well drawn and animated, and otherwise mediocre, Devilman is fast paced, very stylized, and enthralling. Easy 9-9.5, and maybe the best adaptation I've seen.

You must've seen about 50 anime.

>my entire god damn life

I'm familiar with at least 3-4 other horror anime shows but this was just too much. This was Shiki levels of fucked up imo.

Just watch pupa newfag

For some reason the old lady's brains steaming on the cold ground grossed me out, and I'm usually completely desensitized to gore.

now that you've watched that, watch the OVA's assuming you havent yet.

Nice quads.

Is it just as good?

Would have been decent, sadly it was filled with DEEN-tier animation. OVAs are still better.

Depends on your outlook of good.

Fiction for us. Non-fiction for le christians lul

Animation is better
Soundtrack is just as good
It's also slower

Only problem is that it ran out of budget and the OVA could only adapt 2 out of 5 volumes while Crybaby goes all the way to the end.

Thought it was good, tons of writing problems and alot of dropped threads. Music, Style, and Art were all great and on point.

Half of the fucking fights were way too dark and alot of the fight choreo was wonky.

That ending was garbage I dont care how it matters in the Manga, this is a standalone Netflix show, and Akira as a character is fun until you put him anywhere near Ryo then you see all his writing flaws

Rappers and Miko were best parts of the whole show

>the ending is garbage
such shit taste

meh

trash nonsensical opinion

>That ending was garbage
>that picture
Do you have some sort of gray matter deficiency?

I'm cool with the Satan wins but oh does he really cause feelings and Akira and God's comin anyway and apparently its an endless cycle of punishment for him by God himself but the escalation to space battle thing was so weakly built up, and the devilmen that kept fusing to him for new limbs were nothing more than plot devices and It all just felt very rushed and not a good conclusion to the story the show presented. If it's like that in the manga cool but this Netflix show alone really felt like that escalation to that fight was unnecessary. Contrarian opinion I know but It felt like it dropped every other character but Akira and Ryo and then made both of them super static for the last part of the show

well that was sort of the point
humanity got slaughtered
only the devilmen and devils were alive at that point or almost

Yeah it was just a cool fight that was flat character wise until the very very end honestly

I thought it was good but a bit rushed. Another 2 episodes or so just stretching things out would have helped the pacing a lot imo

Just bought this last night, there were no details about what was inside. What volume is this?

i liked it more at the beggining when it was all surreal, despite what some people might say the animation was the strongest point of the anime for me(excluding soundtrack), but i feel that it wasnt as enjoyable when it was trying to take itself seriously

Tbf, devilman is definitely on the upper end of edgy shit in anime, barring straight up guro anyway.

>Another 2 episodes or so just stretching things out would have helped the pacing a lot imo
Fuck no.

You would actually ruin the pacing by unnecessarily making it longer.

There's nothing else to expand upon other than adding more useless monster of the week. The story is in its most complete form.

first episode was great, show was fine for the next couple of episodes until the episode where the main character became a rapist. could not give a shit about what happened to him after that

>until the episode where the main character became a rapist
you need to go back to tumblr

no thanks

Sileene or whatever the fuck her name was? Bud she's a demon. She deserved it.

Yes, only tumblrites complain about muh rape.

Demons deserve to be raped. It's in their destiny.

>until the episode where the main character became a rapist
what? he fought against his urges as far as im aware and only fucked a "girl"(demon) who was consensually begging for his cock

Watching it made me realize how many other anime it had inspired. I liked it and put it right below Texhnolyze in terms of depressing anime.

>It all just felt very rushed and not a good conclusion to the story the show presented
That was the only correct conclusion. Damn, why do you people have such awful taste?

The themes are the show are concluded in the final episode.

>It all just felt very rushed and not a good conclusion to the story the show presented
That was the only correct conclusion. Damn, why do you people have such awful taste?

The themes of the show are concluded in the final episode.

she wanted to have sex with him when she thought he was amon. when she found out that they weren't the same person she was actively fighting back against akira fucking her, screaming damn you, calling him a bastard, and then saying that he had humiliated her. it's about as clear as it can get.

the originals from the 80's were just as fucked up if not more, everything was fucked up in the 80's this is pretty tame

>80s
You mean 70s

Good for her she deserved it.

She's a fucking demon. They don't deserve any mercy.

Damn. You are stupid.

edgy as fuck my bros

Why the fuck does no one post screencaps of Miki is these threads? Do I really have to take them myself or what?

>quite possibly the most fucked up anime I 've ever seen in my entire god damn life.
You're new aren't you?

SHE WAS A LITERAL BLOOD THIRSTY RAPIST KILLER DEMON STRAIGHT OUT OF HELL.

and?

How is that edgy?

You didn't complain when Ghelmer literally begged for his life and Devilman went nope and ripped him in half anyway. So when Sirene who after begging for Amon's cock finds out she didn't like it, it's not ok? I don't care in either cases. They're both demons, they're the fucking enemy and deserve all the shit they get.

Rape is not worse than murder. Stop trying to push your femnazi agenda, Tumblrina.

>So when Sirene who after begging for Amon's cock finds out she didn't like it, it's not ok?
congratulations, you're starting to understand

Why are you replying to him?

It's not okay according to you. Learn to read. Rape is not worse than murder. Devilman fucked up Ghelmer, and then he decided to fuck up Sirene. Why do demons deserve any mercy?

What the fuck is that anatomy?

Thinking about watching this. What series are similar to it to get an idea?

Violence Jack

>Rape is not worse than murder.
debatable
>Why do demons deserve any mercy?
because i'm supposed to root for the protagonist as if he's one of the "good guys" who partakes in demon vigilante justice and not someone who commits morally reprehensible actions like raping women?

It wasn't a woman
it was a billion year old animal cursed by literally God that without consent possessed a woman so she could fuck men to death and genocide humanity
Oh god, why am I responding to such shitty bait?

Considering he got you respond seriously three times now, it's clearly not shitty bait, but pretty good bait

First time responding to him, but you may have a point

it's not bait, you're probably just some MGTOW poster whose pea brain can't comprehend all the implications behind a "good guy" raping someone

to be fair though i can't blame you since devilman crybaby is marketed toward this type of insensitive crowd who will hand wave incredibly shitty writing, so it's no wonder you like this garbage

goddamn, bait niggas are evolving

>the most fucked up anime I've seen in my entire god damn life
>Shiki levels of fucked up
Is this what Sup Forums has come to? Shiki is considered a benchmark for "most fucked up anime ever"? Any random ultraviolent schlock OVA is more fucked up than Shiki or this. You aren't in contention for most fucked up anime ever unless you have traps bashing puppies' skulls in or girls breaking test tubes inside each others' uteruses.

>debatable
It's not debatable. Fuck off tumblr.

>he's one of the "good guys" who partakes in demon vigilante justice
Damn right. That's exactly what he did throughout the show. He's delivering swift justice to demons.

>not someone who commits morally reprehensible actions like raping women
Why are you not whining about the fact that he destroyed a demon who begged for his life prior?

see >non-anime reaction images
funny how i'm the one they're telling to go back to somewhere else

> whose pea brain can't comprehend all the implications behind a "good guy" raping someone
Where was the implication of a good guy murdering someone?

Also, we're really calling a demon "someone"? Fuck off tumblrina.

>non-anime reaction images
>funny how i'm the one they're telling to go back to somewhere else
>when the people you quoted didnt tell you to go back
here, have an anime picture to satisfy your autism, bait-kun

I mean to be fair I haven't even heard of devilman until today. Or a lot of other famous stabby stabby gore orgy anime for that matter.

>I haven't even heard of devilman until today
Jesus Christ, this shit is attracting cancer like flies. Just fuck off back to your homeboard, please.

This is why femnazis shouldn't come anywhere near the works of Go Nagai. He understands better than anyone else that demon women don't deserve mercy and that they deserve to be raped by Devilman for the sluts they are.

>peoplle trying out animes is now a bad thing
its ok user, you cant treat an entire genre of animation from the "normies" but im sure you will find something to obssess over someday

Hey at least I'm being honest about it.

>QT topless girl at the beginning who kisses him dies horribly

This is not okay.

Devilman needs demons raping Akira!

Buddy if you like pretty women I recommend you just stop after episode 3. Things get extremely ugly later.

>>That ending was garbage
there were plenty of flaws but the ending was not one of them

Shiki isn't necessarily the best example but there are more disturbing ways for a show to be "fucked up" than just being a gorefest

The moral of the story is that homosexuality kills.

>it was a billion year old animal cursed by literally God that without consent possessed a woman so she could fuck men to death and genocide humanity

That's completely wrong. Humans are just ancient humans who developed shapeshifting and merging powers to become the dominant species of the planet. God has shit to do with their power, he was pissed to see it developing because it meant he couldn't control them anymore and that's why he tried to wipe them out.

>Humans are just ancient humans
?

I mean demons. Pic related is how they got their fancy forms.

Don't you mean
>heterosexuality kills

>That ending was garbage
You're a retard.

I mentioned ultraviolent OVAs specifically because OP's examples were both (relatively mild) gorefests.

Get out.

Not even Sup Forums knew about Devilman before Crybaby. Don't act all smug.

I knew it about it way before because I'm not a pleb like the rest of Sup Forums.

watch
lain
texhnolyze
ghost hound
boogiepop phantom
trapeze

why are you recommending him boring shit?

i am recommending him the best anime

None of those are shonen unlike Devilman.

Not knowing about Go Nagai is like not knowing about Osamu Tezuka.
Literally everyone that has any actual interest in anime/manga knows of them even if they haven't actually read Astro Boy or Devilman.

lel
shonen of the 70s are seinen now

A lot of people knew devilman, it used to get story time'd here every few weeks if for nothing more than the hilarious panels.

Devilman is not as popular as Astro Boy. Go Nagai is nowhere near as popular as Osamu Tezuka.

You're thinking of Shotaro Ishinomori, the king of manga, and Nagai's teacher.

His influence on the medium is big enough to name him in the same sentence as Tezuka. Is he quite as important? Maybe not, but he's certainly up there and anyone who is interested in any of this shit should have at least heard about him.

What does that have to do with anything?

This isn't true and people need to stop parroting it. Not every shounen magazine is WSJ.

As far as I know, Nagai is several times more famous than Ishinomori basically everywhere that isn't Japan.

>His influence on the medium is big enough
No. That's where you're wrong.

Go Nagai grew up on Tezuka.

Internationally, Nagai is more famous than Ishinomori, if only because no one knows about the creator of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, but in Japan, Tezuka is first, and Ishinomori is his close equal.

There are also a bunch of other authors like Shigeru Mizuki, Mitsuteru Yokoyama, the Fujio duo, Ikki Kajiwara etc who also hold an incredible influence. As much as I like Nagai, he doesn't belong on the same sentence as Tezuka.

I always thought Weekly Shounen Magazine titles are cooler and less annoying than Weekly Shounen Jump ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=JZBbgPovlao

At least he's not smoking his own flesh.

aots.

Now go watch Nagai's Shin Mazinger.

youtube.com/watch?v=1uD2y7tmGVk

You have been sheltered beyond belief, user.