Macross Delta

Movie is officially in theaters. I'm seeing a lot of tweets that it was pretty darn fantastic and there's apparently a lot of fighting.

Also, best boy Messer died again

Anyone got any more details?

Other urls found in this thread:

jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/Discography/A025373/VTCL-35269.html
egoisticat.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/02/10/010301
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there new Walkure songs? That's what really matters.

Yes, you can listen to the samples here

jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/Discography/A025373/VTCL-35269.html

>Also, best boy Messer died again
Oh my fucking god, they had one job

SERIOUSLY ugh

>Delta
Who gives a fuck

Here's what I've gathered so far from stalking the twitter tag

*Hayate is already a pilot from the get go
*They cut the windies scenes a bit
*Mirage is still a mirage
*Hayate is really into Freyja but Freyja doesn't pay too much attention to him, so they're saying their dynamic is much funnier on the film than on the tv show
*Messer dies at the end
*Lots of action
*Hayate gets VAR
*The ending was very "beautiful"

>Mirage is still a mirage

>They cut the windies scenes a bit
Good.

I'm looking forward to funny HayaFre.

Mirage being a Mirage. The gift that keeps on giving.

At least he died in Kaname's breasts arms this time

Who won?

Who won what?

The Hayatebowl?
The warbowl?

I just need to know if they fixed Freyja's reduced lifespam or not

The Hayatebowl

Freyja.

Well, it was never really Freyja trying to win the Hayatebowl, it's always been Hayate trying to win the Freyjabowl.

Twitter is saying that Hayate was the one goo goo ga ga over Freyja this time around while Freyja "overlooked" him a lot.

Tweets are also describing their movie romance story as "love, fated, destiny".

OH COME ON!
They should have killed Arad this time dammit.

Anyway it seems Mirage gets to pilot a Draken III this time, pic related.

Nips aren't saying anything. As usual it's just them being very secretive about huge spoilers.

A lot of "I really want to say about a certain thing but I can't because it's the biggest spoiler!"

We'll just have to wait until someone puts out a review.

Does it cover the whole Delta or just the first cour?

Lots of tweets about Hayate being very cool and a very strong pilot this time around.

I love Freyja so much

The nips are such jokesters eh

If anyone knows moonspeak, I found a review of the movie

egoisticat.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/02/10/010301

Seems like the movie somehow managed to be better than the whole 24 episode TV series, that's fucking hilarious.

It says the movie feels like being cummed inside

>It says the movie feels like being cummed inside
Feels like my kind of movie then

Well, it wasn't a hard bar to reach.

>*Mirage is still a mirage

Nah, she become an actual character in movie.
Yeah she still lose the bawl of course, but the thing is not even Mirage herself seems that really falls to Hayate unlike TV(still a bit like him though, but only some few second scenes show about it).

See this one, do you know what she done after pilot a Draken III ?, she fuck Bogue hard, man Bogue is such shitty pilot
Also she become a lot better as pilot.
Basically, she feels like a secondary character in movie, but compare to a background character+cuck loser in TV? well i think at least staff give her some moment, and improved her character.

>Hayate is a complete dork for Freyja this time
>She overlooks him
My god, at least they win each other in the end. Also nice, Hayate is a pilot since day 1. Probably still not as good as Messer but fuck it.

>Write her as a over supportive, useless and relative main character in the TV series
>Make her a background character who focuses more on living up to the Jenius piloting in the movie who doesn't want Hayate's dick
10/10 fix right there, that sounds like it fixed her entire character.

Previous thread spoiler:

Ok so Mirage got delegated from main to secondary but she was a good secondary?

Ok, that sounds fair. I think it's good that they lessened the pressure of Mirage being a main character so this works out for her.

Less windfaggots, Mirage doing something, sounds like a good movie.

Man I wanted more about the Windiest and their plight which was sorely lacking in the tv anime.

no more applebully, only making dad proud now

The entirety of this movie sounds like it improved Delta for me. The only issue is, does my bro Kaname get real screen time?

If the Freyja solo doesn't get played at least once I might not be able to enjoy the movie

>HayaFre toned down in the movies

HayaFre was already toned down in the TV show, god dammit Kawamori, you had one job! Where's my damn kissu? Where's my lifespan fix?

At least Freyja still wins though.

Freyja is a miracle of the universe.

I mean it was pretty prominent in the TV series, the birthday scene and etc worked well.

I read someone wondering if they hinted at the Windie lifespan being longer in the movieverse compared to the tv series because Cassim looks about 10 years older but has no white marks and Master talks as if he were older.

They also say the romance was toned down a lot and that the movie was mostly for Walkure and MessaKana fans.

So is the story similar to the manga? I just read some small parts of it but the ending is in line with what i heard in this thread.

If they would expand the windies lifespan to 40-ish, I think I'd be more at ease with that instead of freaking 30.

>Walkure and MessaKana fans
Praise Kawamori and the consumer's power of Japs

From what I read the story is more or less the same as in the tv series. They just rearranged events, changed some details and made the Delta pilots more competent. Also, more Walkure and MessaKana and less of everything else. It sounds more like the Plus movie than the Frontier ones or DYRL.

>the movie was mostly for Walkure and MessaKana fans.
>for MessaKana fans.
Yeah by killing the guy again, right? baka

He still dies, though.

But yeah, Walkure and MessaKana are the most popular things to come out of Delta. I think Kawamori and the rest really missed an opportunity here with Kaname and Messer, since their popularity has turned out to be longer than Freyja's and Hayate's or Mikumo's. In Frontier they were spot on with Sheryl and Ranka as well as Sheryl/Alto (and Ranka/Brera), but here they missed the mark.

It was revealed in the recent Sky Tree collaboration that Kaname debuted shortly after Sheryl.

>Debut shortly after Sheryl
>Sheryl's popularity explodes
>Two years later Ranka, Sheryl's protegee, debuts and her popularity explodes
>Both of them save the galaxy

Poor Kaname.

So how the fuck does Messer die this time? Beam to the cockpit again or did he have another VAR seizure?

VAR seizure. At least he dies in Kaname's arms though.

He got to cop a feel before dying.

Good shit, Messer had a nice ending. Did they play based AXIA during that scene?

I can't believe we've all been overlooking the most important part and haven't been asking the real questions.

Does Hayate still touch Freyja's rune?

It's sad but I actually kinda understand to decision to kill off Messer again.
The charm of Messer and Kaname's relationship was always the heart wrenching feeling of "what could have been but now it's too late" tragedy.
People love romantic tragedies.

Do they show what happens to the windbags after Roid's death? Heinz will soon die and Windermere has to be punished for the shit they pulled at the end and their incessant whining.

I want to touch Mikumo's fluffy hair, too!

It's long and I've only read the beginning where the guy complains about how in the movie the Carlisle incident just doesn't exist anymore and Windermere goes to war simply because Roid wants to harmonize the galaxy for his own sake instead of Windermere. He says he really liked Roid's and Keith's relationship in the series, but in this movie that disappeared along Windermere's motives for going to war.

To be honest, I'm not that fond of that change. Well, it's a movie and they wanted to focus on Walkure and songs.

Some of the most memorable love stories are those where the characters didn't end together for whatever reason.

And he says Hayate is an empty character with nothing going on for him. I've seen other people comment the same, that he turns into a really flat character. It's not like he was super complex or interesting in the tv series, so this sounds bad.

Nothing of value was lost to be honest, Hayate wasn't the most defined or complex character in Delta anyway. I don't recall anything overly interesting about him outside of the relationship with his dad and his love of flying.
Yea I don't like this change much, the Windermere's weren't really interesting villains either but that might have been some of the only interesting points about them. RIP

So outside of the movie, aren't we due for another Macross sometime later this year, or was that next year?

And Heinz becomes completely irrelevant. The Aerial Knights turn their backs to Roid after getting a tast of riding Walkure's wind.

Do Hayate and Freyja still resonance?

Supposedly this year but no information has been given yet.

Kek, I just imagined the reactions if the Macross 2018 was revealed to be a continuation of Delta.

People would flip their shit.

I kind of want a Macross that was a continuation of Frontier and Delta. Maybe their kids/descendants?

Would be nice to get some closure/epilogue of what happened to Alto, Sheryl, Ranka, Walkure, Freyja, Hayate, etc...

>まあ、これはほぼみんなが言うというけれど、メッサーくん良かったな!!!カナメさんの胸の中で死ねて良かったな!!!!おめでとう!!!!!!!

Haha, the guy congratulates Messer for dying in Kaname's arms.

Don't we all?

She jumps the Macross while singing the new single.

Perfection

Another detail they changed is that Hayate doesn't go all thirst for revenge like in the tv series after Messer's death. Plus, it's Messer who injures Keith's left eye. And Kaname is bound to be single for life since it looks like Messer's death here hit her harder.

messer a shit
A SHIT

>Hayate is really into Freyja but Freyja doesn't pay too much attention to him
They could let Mikumo win the Freyjabowl tbqh.

Based Kino art. Too bad she jumped Macross ship for power rangers.

And they have erased both Lady M and the Space Arab from the movie.

does hayate still has crystal from dad?

Finished reading it. Seems like this person has mixed feelings about the movie.

He ends the review saying that this feels more like a two-hour promotional movie about Macross songs and battles than an actual story. Also, the title basically tells you that Freyja and Walkure are the protagonists, while Hayate just disappears. Mirage, for this guy, also becomes a non-character here.

>"Walkure wasn't betrayed, but Macross Delta was actually betrayed. Since Walkure was cute, I look forward the concert."

What a disappointment. I really enjoyed the Frontier movies, because even if they were really flawed and had plot holes at least they tried to retell the story. This just seems like an excuse for another Walkure single, concert and some more merchandise before they move onto the new series.

Also, the new concert is totally in CGI. Again, I've seen mixed reactions about it. Some say it's worth seeing, others complain about the CGI.

I wish they would wait a couple years to make another Macross to be honest. There was an 8 year gap between Frontier & Delta and it somehow managed to be extremely similar plus worse in every aspect. Good thing the movie delivered though. They need to get their inspiration flowing or something.

Well I'm glad there's more action and that hayate basically fucks off.

Her art was great and I had a good fap.

Space Arab's main role was to provide a wall of exposition which the writers couldn't figure out how to actually insert naturally. Although he also proves how the war-for-profit biz is still bustling even when humanity went intergalactic, I guess, and that the upper echelons of the government are infected by self-serving sociopathic bankers and arms dealers (again) after a temporary golden age thanks to all of them being nuked from orbit by the invading Zentradi fleet.

>But Macross Delta was actually betrayed
I don't really know how to feel about this. The movie wasn't a remixed retelling that improved the story but it was still good. I don't know what they could have done to improve the 2nd half of Delta anyway really outside of I guess get rid of the Mikumo instrumentality plan and focus more on Windermere since they cut out a bit of that in the movie as well.

Messer is like a tsundere/kuudere Roy Fokker, so it is to be expected. He didn't survive DYRL

Even if they weren't the most interesting villains, I thought their motives for going to war were understandable and the while process through which Roid seized power was also well done. There was also a theme of forgiveness and letting go of the past in order to live in the present going on with them, not to mention how being wronged doesn't make wronging others acceptable or how humiliating your enemies like NUNS did is just not a good idea in the long term.

Well, looks like some missed depth here. Frontier films were also a bit like this since I remember the tv series having a theme about miscommunication going on that the movies ignored.

In general Delta seems like wasted potential to me. Good ideas, bad execution.

People move on, he's one of the few artists who seems aware of Freyja's aging issues in his arts and I like him for that.

Freyja is not usually for lewds (she is for protecting and making our daughteru) but Kino managed to bring out the good lewd in her.

>Micheal's death gets retconned in the Frontier movies
>Messer's death still stuck in the movie
Dammit, he deserved a vanilla ending with Kaname.

>*Hayate is really into Freyja but Freyja doesn't pay too much attention to him, so they're saying their dynamic is much funnier on the film than on the tv show
Oh that's actually pretty cute

Speaking of the aging issue, is it in the movie or was it removed entirely?

It's not like he was plot-relevant, but like you said he added some extra layers to the world building of Macross in general. Lady M's nebulous existence and the Space Arab made you wonder just how much both Walkure and Windermere knew about everything, like Kaname wonders at several points and Arad gives her vague answers. I don't need any of this answered, but they are nice details.

Did Break Dancing Robo return?

So do the hacker girl and mechanic girl do anything relevant? Also
>That focus on Mikumo
She does fuck all in this movie doesn't she

I'm not too enthusiastic after reading the review, but I still want to watch the movie. Sounds exactly like just a fun ride if you just want songs, battles and rewatching some of Delta's highlights in movie format.

>>"Walkure wasn't betrayed, but Macross Delta was actually betrayed. Since Walkure was cute, I look forward the concert."
Hmm. On one hand, I had a feeling things were going to be in this direction since Walkure was the one thing that actually came out of Delta that was crazy fucking popular but on the flipside so I understand why they went in this direction but on the other hand, there were things I did like about Delta that just needed to be fixed not just completely ignored

I also feel like this is gonna set a bad precendant for the next Macross. Delta was sort of pushing it but the idol focus wasn't nearly as bad as people initially thought and worked out but if what they took away from this was "Walkure worked out great", the next series will probably push even further away from that balance, maybe even more than Macross 7 (the one that actually overdid it with the music)

>Macross 2018 is a continution of Delta
>It's called Macross Alpha
>Fixes all the issues Delta had and manages to blow half the Macross anime out of the water
Can the dream become a reality lads?

Wait, so does Lady M get brought up at all?

I think Klanfags begged more than Kanamefags, and I think more people were into the romantic tragedy of it all for Messer compared to Michael who just got slaughtered

>macross alpha
more like beta

The Idolshit wasn't really the issue, it was just the fact that there were so many girls and the only ones to get true focus and depth were really Mikumo & Frejya. I liked 7 because every member of the band got focus, minus Veffidas who was basically silent the whole time and got no focus but was still a nice extra member to make the band feel "fuller".

I thought 7 was great and had a properly developed story. I just wish it had proper combats, but with that format it was difficult.

Which things did you wish to see fixed, user? In my case I overall like Delta, I just wish the execution had been better. Just small changes like placing small flashbacks to how Walkure and the Delta Platoon were formed, or how the Knights met and later what happened during Windermere's war in the first half would have improved things a lot for me.

And the wait begins...

How long before we can expect something watchable on this side of the world?

See