Houseki no Kuni

Who was the retard that posted a thread about this show the other day? He said he had to stop watching because it made him too emotional after a bottle of wine. What a fucking letdown.

I've had 12 beers. I've cried countless times to scenes that most other people won't even regard as emotional. This show doesn't even come close, what a fucking joke. What's worse is that once it gets interesting, it's ends, and a grand total of 0 questions are answered.

Fuck everybody that recommended this show.

This show's fanbase is basically tumblr

I'm not so sure about emotional, but I find Phos to be a very interesting MC and that's mostly what keeps me engaged with the series. If you don't care about her or the mystery surrounding everything that's going on it's not that surprising you wouldn't like the series.

You should have known better than to watch Anime Steven Universe.

read the manga

There is nothing emotional about this series though just endless suffering.
If you're in for some moeblob shit with heartfelt plot, then it's better to get out

I have to ask, then... what the hell is it you would call emotional? It definitely could've gone longer, but there's still a chance of that happening.
But seriously, not even not to your taste, but you're insulted that people would recommend it? I think you're the problem moreso than the show, if you could see that little in it.

>emotional
There's only suffering user...
The only time I nearly had tears in my eyes was in antarcticite's death and the ending

>I'm not so sure about emotional, but I find Phos to be a very interesting MC and that's mostly what keeps me engaged with the series. If you don't care about her or the mystery surrounding everything that's going on it's not that surprising you wouldn't like the series.

Of course Phos is interesting, and the mystery is basically almost the only reason to watch the show, but that doesn't mean jack shit when there's literally zero progress in understanding the mystery--explicitly or implicitly--for 12 fucking episodes. You know just as much from watching 12 episodes as you know from watching the first episode. What a crock of shit.

>168266586
I'm not a moeblob/SoL fan, but this show might have been better sticking to one of those genres when considering plot progression. Everybody being a trap is another thing entirely.

>168267250
Something that evokes a somewhat strong feeling is what I'd call emotional. Don't get me wrong, this is probably one of if not the best show of 2017, but then again I'd rather eat paper than human feces.

---

I guess I'm just mad/sad that this show got my hopes up. 99.99 % of 2017 shows are complete garbage, and you can tell after having watched 10 minutes of the first episode most of the time. You have to watch this show till the end to find out that there's almost zero plot progression. Way to fuck up what started out as a good candidate for one of the only non-shit shows.

Did you try reading the manga?

This.
Remember that there's people who thinks this is a show about gender issues.

People who haven't seen the show, maybe

The series is about "genderless" beings, no wonder it attracts so much tumblrinas.

Good taste. Gemshit was the most overrated show of 2017. "Humanity has disappeared and now there's anthropromorphic non-humans" was already done in 2017 with Kemono Friends. "Genki retard learns world isn't all sunshine and butterflies" was also in 2017 with Virgin Soul.
Take the mystery of KF, but never progress the plot, and add the genki retard character development from VS, which ruined the show, and you have Gemshit. The worst of both worlds.

Are you fucking new here? How do you fuck up quoting posts that bad?

You need to lurk a little more before posting, dude.

there's a model for her? Niceeee

Time to buy a vr headset

So is crying while on brain altering chemicals a common occurance?
I find it impossible to cry for anything unless I'm on something.
Don't remember anything in this show being worth crying about since the characters are immortal rocks

I've made ones for bort, dia, genki phos, and my buddy did one for antarc. Another buddy of mine has morga and numorga as well as benito and a couple others that I can't remember. Kind of hard to find good mmd models of them to import and I'm shit at actually 3d modeling.

What sorts of scenarios would you consider "worth crying"?
I think you should see a doctor.

Can you share the models?

Cool blog.

I had the wine a day before I watched HnK. I was sober while watching.

I watched the first episode of this and thought it was meh. Does it get better?

I cried during this, but never during this show.

not anything in HoK
but any sad scene is worth crying about desu
I just can't shed tears unless I'm on something that makes me emotional
>doctor
I thought not crying over things was a just sign of maturity and therefore emotional stability?

Get to and finish Ep 4, if you don't like it then you probably never will

During that, but not this?

if you seeemeein game ask for my discord

I'll stop shitting up this thread now, but getting left behind knowing your only friends are gone forever is way more sad.

It's overcirclejerked everywhere by normalfags, of course it's bad.

Eh, I guess I don't really care that much for Marulk as a character

HnK wasn't that popular in the west

It's extremely popular.

Define "extremely"

>cried countless times
What a faggot
Why are HnK posters so cringy?

But OP didn't even like HnK.

it gets more interesting as they find out their true nature

I don't believe such people exist.

I was entertained, but yeah, lots of people are getting something out of this show that I'm not. I liked how weird and off-beat it felt, I liked some of the characters, but I didn't get much emotion and the abrupt ending was a bummer.

It's odd, I didn't even find that nearly the saddest part of MiA, and parts of Houseki I found way worse. It's certainly less obnoxiously in-your-face sad about it, there's not a character literally telling the audience how sad they are, but it's a rather surprisingly similar situation: when Antarc dies, Phos is left fated to never see the only one that saw them as useful, not knowing what happens to them, unable to even say goodbye.

Get better taste.