In what language do you read your manga

Been wondering in what languages are Sup Forums reading their manga.Like most people here,I mostly read and watch my shit in english,But when there's no official english translation for a manga or a certain anime,I read the official french translation since I speak it.French take that shit seriously(they're the biggest consumer of manga in europe),so usually the translation are pretty accurate.They also tend to translate obscure stuff that we dont get in english.

English, but I blame Dekinai-chan, that bitch

English only unfortunately. There's several manga I want to read that haven't or aren't being scanlated or translated at all into English, at least where the English copies are available to me. Apparently Singapore releases some manga in English but older stuff is hard to find at all to buy.

English after using Photoshop to edit them so they read left-to-right like a normal comic.

Japanese. I have absolutely zero faith in any translation.

Another reason why I like being able to speak french is that for some reason,French publishers really like to licensed old series and they tend to keep them on shelves for years.

Spanish for shoujo.
English for everything else.

English only, but I'll start reading the original raws once I stop being shit at Japanese.

While there are a number of fully translated manga such as Chobits, Ranma ½ and Hellsing I've never read any manga in Swedish.
I remember that we had a magazine called "Manga Mania" that featured translated manga, but it shut down like a decade ago. I also just found out that there was a publisher who issued so-called "pseudomanga", which are Japanese-style–inspired series produced by Swedish authors. Kolik, which is the name of that publisher, got shut down last year. Pic related is Sword Princess Amaltea by Natalia Batista which was one of their releases.

The only series I'm aware of that have been translated in recent years are Ran to Haiiro no Sekai and Emanon's Memories. I might buy the latter just to see how good it is.

English, but my main language is Spanish so I can read translations in that language too. I know a bit Japanese but not enough to read manga.

Mostly English but I do have a couple of Inio Asano's shorter works and couple volumes of Pluto and Vagabond in Polish, also a few volumes of Yotsubato in moon runes

Shit, is this the manga thread?

What was that manga about the Otaku with the fluffy afro hair and the genki schoolgirl called again? Shit, I read that crap like years ago and now I can't remember the name and it's killing me.

Is there a lot of manga officially translated in spanish? I know that there's a shit ton of english and french translated manga but I always wonder for spanish because south america is huge.

English, since I don't buy physical volumes in portuguese anymore and scanlation here is utterly shit.

Seems to be the case with most non-english scanlation.Nowaday I usually wait for Viz Jump or the official volumes,but when I used to read scanlation in french(before I switched to english)it was subpar compared to english scanlation.

english or official spanish translations. Often spanish scanlations are awkwardly worded

English. I can't stand German translations, they feel wrong.

yes a least on mexico (i think)
panini translates manga into Spanish and sells it in spain and mexico

idk about the other latinamerican countries, but in mexico and spain there's an handful of editorial houses translating them to spanish. I've seen more manga being sold at newspapers stands than before so I'd guess it is getting more popular over here

>panini

>normal comic
Scum of the earth

>Viz Jump or the official volumes
This works when you read only the popular shit

>Been wondering in what languages are Sup Forums reading their manga.Like most people here,I mostly read and watch my shit in english,But when there's no official english translation for a manga or a certain anime,I read the official french translation since I speak it.French take that shit seriously(they're the biggest consumer of manga in europe),so usually the translation are pretty accurate.They also tend to translate obscure stuff that we dont get in english

When it comes to obscure stuff you can't do better than the Italians. I mean if you want THE classics it's Italy or France (a distant second) with Spanish and English a distant third. Now when it comes to the quality of the bound volumes Americans come first. Some of the hardcover volumes they publish are absolutely amazing. Italy had a great edition of Nausicaa in 7 A4 volumes but it was paperback. Viz published an astonishing hardcover A4 2 volume edition that has no equal bar some Japanese edition. I wish more manga in the west (when complete) were published in hardcover A4 format. I would give half a kidney (kidding) for a complete hardcover edition of Crying Freeman or The Legend of Mother Sarah, or BLAME!

日本語で

I waited until I knew enough to read somewhat comfortably. It's just too detached without the benefit of audio for me

honestly, spanish translations sometimes end up awkward because different latin american countries end up inserting their idioms in the translation.
>secundaria alta

That has nothing to do with the slang of every country here in South America, that's because most translator can't interpret for shit what they're reading and tend to do a literal translation of the English or Japanese version (some of then don't even know their own language), add to that that most scanlations here don't use proofreaders because they prefer doing things fast and don't worry about the quality of the translations. I was part of one scanlation myself as a translator and proofreader, and I quit because of that, most of the time they didn't listen to my suggestions.

So yeah, spanish scanlations are shit, that's why I prefer reading my manga in English.

english, but can hobble along with french or italian if those are the only ones available.

Arabic for old shit like Captain Tsubasa
English for everything else.

Chinese only. The typeset doesn't cover any art and most series new and old has official Chinese publication. Really demotivates me to attempt learning Japanese beyond hiragana and katakana.