Why is old anime art so much better than modern?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqpsfDLy0XE
youtube.com/watch?v=da_xzW4rHV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stylistic preferences of yours. Modern viewers want something a bit cleaner, flatter, and more simplistic. The hyper detailed gritty style and more realistic proportions just isn't what most otaku are into now. Which is a big issue for me personally since I way prefer older styles myself. But I tfigure many new designers could draw like this if given enough time and money and they were interested in learning how.

It's funny everyone always forgets shitty weekly anime that were basically a series of still images and when stuff did movie it looked unnatural as fuck. But no, every anime in the 80s was high budget OVA/movie quality.

That's one way of admitting you're a retard who didn't actually watch any weekly anime from the 80s.

Akemi Takada is a better character designer than anyone from the last 10 years.

Because you like an aesthetic that's literally fucking dead now because its been 20 years and everyone moved on to different art styles.

>Akemi Takada
Sure must be hard to be a character designer when adapting manga that already has the characters designed.

Yes, because of retards like yourself.

its not, go fuck off and watch your shitty cyberpunk OVAs

Well, a shit artist like yourself isn't qualified to comment on that. It's certainly something modern artists struggle with.

Yes it is, no matter how much it pains fanboys like you.

>generic for its time then
>generic for its time now
Wow

Whoa, it's like you're actually mentally retarded.

You should probably watch more anime from the period before you make claims like that. There is a bit more character acting on average now in TV anime (the benefit of simplifying the designs), but there actually was'nt that huge of a difference on average if we are talking about stills being used. Most tv anime has a bunch of shots of people standing there with their lips flapping and a bit of character acting to punctuate things, irrespective of the decade. On the other hand stuff like the Cobra tv show from the 80s has on average better animation than most modern tv anime.

Likewise, this thread is about art design, not animation, so you are missing the mark entirely.

>Why is old anime art so much better than modern?

New art is cool as well, you just have to be more discerning since most of it is pedophile otaku bait garbage.

Because it didn't all look the same
You still get modern anime that looks good, but a lot use easier, simpler styles to save money, and it makes the art look soulless

Who is she ?

Anime art has always sucked compared to manga art so that's still not much of a conversation. But you have people in here like thinking someone's a master at character design for "designing" already designed characters in anime adaptations of manga.

We had Girls last tour where the manga artist literally hand drew the ed

Anime coming this year.

Terrible but it's still Takeuchi with his unending obsession over Saber.

I sure do love it when characters become anorexic, especially when they're meant to be fighters.

The general art style, the kind of design choices, color palette, the difference between hand painting vs digital paining, etc is all noticeable and matches up between manga and anime in their respective decades, manga and art book drawings just tend to have more detail is all. I'm also pretty sure that is art book stuff from the character designer opposed to a manga - a modern higher quality promotional art of a contemporary anime girl would probably make for a decent comparison.

You make me sad user, this is not what I asked for.

Keep using that tiny brain of yours and you'll get the answer.

>that art style
No... It can't be true...That's impossible!

Problem officer?

cel/film/paint/analog

Define "anime art".
Are you talking about character design, background design, or both of these combined - and the mood they give to the story?

If you're trying to suggest a CGi city inside a digitally cropped silhouette of a character is impressive, you're retarded.

No, I just included it for the sake of including an image. I wasn't trying to make a point.

I feel you though, I'm not fan of the modern anime style. It's colouring style isn't to my liking and nobody is well defined. Seriously,
noses are rare and poorly drawn. Just looks at Rhinosaka from the UBW threads. Also the choreography I feel has gotten worse and been replaced with flashy FX. All these things are likely to save money and time animating,
but damn does it gfeel bad.

Should be school version Ciel, instead of in her habit. Fuck I hate the redesigns, I am dreading the new Akihiko

Old anime is overrated af

Because it is the purest most beautiful form of Anime. Old anime was painted on Acrylic CELs but now it is done digitally because thats cheaper. Unfortunately digital doesn't look as good as acrylic but people will still buy it so thats what company's will make.
>The hyper detailed gritty style and more realistic proportions just isn't what most otaku are into now.
Not true. What company's decide to make it isn't up to otaku.
>Which is a big issue for me personally since I way prefer older styles myself.
I prefer the old styles too.

Shut the fuck up you ignorant piece of filth, the only reason the industry makes digital cel anime now as opposed to acrylic is because its cheaper and because faggots like you will still buy it

You must be 18 to post

its not overrated, you are just a stupid faggot

>I am dreading the new Akihiko

Yo,Tohno!

Where'd his piercings go? What's up with his face. What the fuck

>Fuck I hate the redesigns,

why?

Yikes, it must be pretty painful to have your head lodged this firmly up your own ass.

Because it isn't. Look at your own damn picture, those shoulders are comically gigantic.

>Because it is the purest most beautiful form of Anime. Old anime was painted on Acrylic CELs but now it is done digitally because thats cheaper.
You have no idea how anime was produced back then or now.

>Yikes, it must be pretty painful to have your head lodged this firmly up your own ass.
You're just a pathetic individual don't reply to me is you don't have anything constructive to say

>skinny soyboy can't handle strong yet firm shoulders
Why am I not surprised?

says you faggot?
It's hand drawn on paper now and traced on a computer frame by frame.

It's not my fault you find men shoulders attractive you closeted Sup Forums faggot.

Traced on a computer? What the fuck does that even mean you brainlet?

I think white line on the pleated skirts looks worse. I'm not a fan of the blazer. I dislike the hairstyle changes for a multitude of reasons. I am heavily against the changing of Arcueid's design and think the skirt and tall boots is vastly inferior to the burgundy skirt, and I'm not a fan of the addition of the necklace.

Ciels hair looks nothing like her old version and is I feel much worse looking though I am not sure how her old hair style would look ported 1:1 in the new styling. That said, part of my problem with the new ciel is the art's pose as I feel it's strange for Ciel as a character.
As for Tohno, he's very similar though there's some very minor points lost on the hair as now it's a lot more smooth looking, and I'm very sad at the loss of the old glasses.

Some of these complaints may be due to nostalgia, but that's to be expected. That's who the remake is for mostly.

They're not men shoulders though, idiot.
It's possible for women to be both strong and feminine. If you're going to try denying that, you're the one who belongs on Sup Forums, moron.

They were paid more probably.

>Traced on a computer? What the fuck does that even mean you brainlet?
Anime studios use the "RETAS Traceman" application to trace the frames that are drawn on paper before painting them on the computer if you knew anything about the animation process you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question. here you go faggot its all shown here

Yes, there's nothing more feminine than girls with linebacker shoulders.
It's okay, I'm sure one day you will come to terms with your latent homosexuality.
>If you're going to try denying that, you're the one who belongs on Sup Forums, moron.
That's pretty rich coming from a soyboyposter. Or maybe you got that cancer from somewhere else, like Sup Forums or reddit.

Delete this

>Modern viewers want something a bit cleaner
Just because we mainly get this doesn't mean it's what the modern viewer wants. It's just the result of digital art.

Your brain is so smooth I assumed you meant traced by hand but I guess you're retarded enough to use a term that doesn't mean anything.

>Why is old anime art so much better than modern?
Because your small brain mistakes the texture of the paint for detail in the art.

>Suzui
>Protagonist

>all that aggression for a "no u"
You don't react well to losing arguments, eh?

bold lines are all cum

>I assumed
Shut up it's not my fault that you're an idiot

It's not my fault I don't know the terms you googled 2 minutes ago after finding out you know nothing.

>angry hes retarded

Please don't reply with damage control.
I was giving you (You)s out of the kindness of my heart so at least try to make your shitposting a bit more interesting, otherwise there's no point.

I think you're damage controlling more than I could ever dream of. Not my fault you sperged like a retard.

Alright, we are done here then. Next time you try to troll don't bring up the "lol u mad" card so early, because most people will just stop replying.

get lost retard

>Alright, we are done here then
Yes, you were too stupid to continue.
>Next time you try to troll don't bring up the "lol u mad"
But that's exactly what you did? I guess you learned nothing. Once an idiot, always an idiot.

absolute damage control desu

>But that's exactly what you did?
See this is more interesting.
I never said you were mad or even implied it. In fact you are the one that's being the most aggressive here considering this entire time I only insulted you once by calling you Sup Forums cancer, but you never forget to include a "moron" "idiot" or "retard" in every single one of your posts.

WTF happened where did it go wrong

It's beautiful

Tokyo Magnitude was almost 10 years ago.

Jesus fucking christ that's bad.

Old PC98 art was damn good.

and shit has gotten even worse since then

I have such an erection for looks of PC98 stuff despite not playing any of them.

But that looks better.

theres a lot worse from this season but im too tired to get screenshots

And there's also a lot better.

Possessioner has a fucking kickass soundtrack too.

youtube.com/watch?v=cqpsfDLy0XE

youtube.com/watch?v=da_xzW4rHV8

yes, but not for the vast majority of shows this season

damn that looks so good

What vast majority? Can you give me a list with percentages? Are you watching every show that's currently airing?

>modern artists are so lazy that they don't even bother putting the shine line on the hair of the characters anymore which is one of the signature elements of the anime style
My god what the fuck is wrong with these new artists?

VEG is pretty much the only show airing this season that looks better than the bottom half of this picture and even then in some places it doesn't

What the fuck happened?

Because it's not.

>looks better than the bottom half of this picture
So you don't even know the name of that anime and yet you think your opinion on it based on a single screenshot matters?
Want motivates you to generalize and talk about shows you haven't watched?

not this user but isnt he like 75% of Sup Forums?

You did this on purpose didn't you?

>So you don't even know the name of that anime and yet you think your opinion on it based on a single screenshot matters?
Its from the Baoh Raihousha OVA which came out in 1989, what motivated you to ask such stupid questions its like you are looking for an argument.

Because I hate this dumb cynical attitude of thinking everything has to get worse. When I told you SoraMoi looks better than Tokyo Magnitude your first reaction was to tell there are worse things airing, as if your idea of a fair comparison is looking for the shittiest thing possible.
And then you shit on the "vast" majority of the season as if you are watching everything.

>And then you shit on the "vast" majority of the season as if you are watching everything.
I've seen the pilot episodes of most of the shows airing this season.
>When I told you SoraMoi looks better than Tokyo Magnitude
It's so retarded that you can think this after looking the image i showed you. I honestly question whether you have seen sora yori if thats what you are saying.
>as if your idea of a fair comparison is looking for the shittiest thing possible.
No, its true for most currently airing anime.
>Because I hate this dumb cynical attitude of thinking everything has to get worse.
It doesn't have to get worse, but it is in most respects animation wise. Whats cynical is denying something like this just because you don't want to accept it.

That doesn't make sense, idiot.

Babes from before were better than the babes now, but the qts are qt-er now than before.

umm, sweety?