Code Geass

Second compilation movie is out. Here's the changes according to 2ch:

No getting drifted to Kaminejima Island.
No Euphie helping/saving Nina, but but she still falls for her.
Lelouch and Euphie's first meeting is during school festival.
No Nina going retard with Ganymede during Black Rebellion.
No phone call between Lelouch and Suzaku before Black Rebellion.
A new scene with Kaguya and Kallen spill tears at the end of Black Rebellion.
Restoring Lelouch's memory is skipped.
Lelouch trying to get Rolo on his side is skipped.
Suzaku doesn't return to school, so no phone call between Nunnally and Lelouch.
No Lelouch going angsty, attempting refrain, trying to bang Kallen, etc.
No 'One Million Zero' event.
No battle with Chinese Federation.
Karen still becomes a prisoner somehow but conversation with Nunnally and Suzaku is skipped.
Jeremiah cancelled Charles's geass on Shirley, she found out Lelouch is Zero but accept it quickly, Jeremiah told Shirley not to get involved. No Rolo killing Shirley either.
Despite Shirley being alive, Geass Order still get annihilated.
Ends with R2's episode 'Taste of Earth/Humiliation'.

>No 'One Million Zero' event.
I can't believe this

Ah, so it's inferior to the series.

So are the compilation movies considered the new canon as we head towards R3?

It seems the idea is that certain events still happened, just off-screen, but whatever wasn't strictly essentially was cut.

For example, the movie skips most of the first half of R2, which is made easier because it focuses on Suzaku's point of view during that period.

Gawain was initially taken by India in the movie, so it's Mordred that shows up on the island instead .

For that matter, apparently Gawain seems to see more activity in general.

There is more added to the downfall of the Black Rebellion than just the tears.

Personally, I always thought most of R2 was a waste of time outside of the meme factor so this is fine by me.

By the way, apparently there is twice as much new animation in the second film than in the first one.

I've heard the new scenes in the earlier movie were like five minutes, so this one should be about ten.

The movies were a mistake, a huge mistake

Also...Rolo's screentime is massively reduced yet he does get a new scene with Suzaku where his real name is mentioned in early R2 (right between seasons, I am guessing?).

I will probably rewatch the movies more than the series. Getting straight to the point and not messing around due to the timeslot is not a bad change.

It seems the second movie compressed the most and the third one should be mainly Emperor Lelouch, which is not a bad idea.

Seems like they really just want to focus on the last part of the R2. Hope there's plenty of original material there.

>So are the compilation movies considered the new canon as we head towards R3?
This had been the tradition going all the way back to the original Mobile Suit Gundam. The movies are a way for the new audience to catch up, so everything not in these films are of questionable canonicality.

>No Rolo killing Shirley either.
>Despite Shirley being alive
What the fuck? So they've retconned her death now?

>Rolo doesn't kill Shirley

This is a huge change. Is she gonna die in some other way then?

>This is a huge change. Is she gonna die in some other way then?
She just might have reduced importance, since there is no room for her to get any character development.

a) Shirley deserves a chance to be a normal person. She suffered too much in the TV series.
b) If you really want her to die, she might in the last movie.

I just don't like retconning, especially something like a character death.

If there's not enough time to make Shirley important, still killing her would be silly.

but it doesnt matter what the fuck she does or her importance as a person, Lelouch's reaction is what's important. It's what made him go from hating to fucking boilng with anger despising Rolo to the point of barely being able to maintain a facade in front of him. Some could argue it's the defining moment that made him decide on going through with the zero requiem, realizing that the last person who really mattered to "lelouch lamperouge" was gone.

This.
>a) Shirley deserves a chance to be a normal person.
Shirley doesn't deserve squat, she's a fictional fucking character and her death had huge impact and was great motivation for Lelouch.

Shirley's death was an important event though.

Lelouch already had enough motivation and revenge for Shirley would be like third tier compared to his main goals.

>No Lelouch going angsty, attempting refrain, trying to bang Kallen, etc.
>Karen still becomes a prisoner somehow but conversation with Nunnally and Suzaku is skipped.
Kallen is getting cucked so hard in these movies.
I'm more curious as to how and for what purpose she'll die in the next movie.

revenge =/= the actions of the zero requiem, or even giving a shit about the common people.

If you don't think Lelouch was a selfish person before Shirley's death then you need to rewatch the series.

Lookin good

Her death made Rolo's death more emotional and was one of the reasons why Lelouch decided to take responsibility for everything in the end with Zero Requiem. Or are they going to keep Rolo alive too and Lelouch just does Zero Requiem on a whim?

It's pretty clear that C.C. was going to win either way and so not pretending Kallen would have a chance is rational.

unacceptable

>would be like
There is no "would be like", watch the fucking anime already. It happened.

Lelouch was never completely selfish, nor was he completely selfless after Shirley died.

Why?

>Shirley's death was an important event though.
Only if she had enough screentime to establish her importance. She is not important enough to get an arc of her own in a 3 film compilation.

Shirley's death was part of the long list of traumatic events that fed into Lelouch's actions.

I really hope these changes aren't reflected in R3. I'd be pretty pissed if all these changes in things being cut out overwrite the actual anime.

Way to not address the point.

So what the hell is the transition from the Black Rebellion to Lelouch having his memories already returned going to look like. Thats quite the jump.
There's so many good scenes they're skipping.

I guess it really has been too long, most of this is lost on me.

The death was important, not the character itself. It was an event which set off/contributed to some other significant events in the series.

>I really hope these changes aren't reflected in R3. I'd be pretty pissed if all these changes in things being cut out overwrite the actual anime.
It's not up to you.

Anime has a long tradition of the studio deciding what is and isn't canon. And retoconning anything they want, at any time. This is how Anime operates, and had been the case for decades. Japan just don't give a shit about enforcing consistency.

> compilation movie
w h y
h
y

There's a lot of good scenes in early R2 that, from a writing perspective and not making the films four hours long, are unnecessary or redundant.

like the other user said, you kinda dodged the point completely.

Regardless
>lelouch after shirley's death
>gives up his wealth, title, name and power
>is ok with the world, even his sister hating him (he didnt know for certain nunally would understand in the end)
>willing to lose LITERALLY everything except CC for the good of the world
>somehow not completely selfless

shirley was definitely a large contributing factor to why he was able to do this. One of the things most people miss watching the series for the first time is that Suzaku became much more ruthless when Euphie died, while Lelouch ultimately grew to care for others with the deaths of Shirley/Rolo. It's a big fucking thing.

I have faith in R3 following the series closer than the movies. But I can also see the movies having a bit of impact depending on what goes on in the last one.

I imagine that's part of what comes from showing Suzaku's point of view so there's not much of a mystery left nor a need to make a huge deal about how Lelouch come back.

Money and disrespect.

You sound like the same person.

>lelouch after shirley's death
>gives up his wealth, title, name and power
>is ok with the world, even his sister hating him (he didnt know for certain nunally would understand in the end)

That wasn't just because of Shirley. In fact, he was still quite willing to keep all those things until R2 episode 19.

>willing to lose LITERALLY everything except CC for the good of the world
>somehow not completely selfless

They wouldn't cut the rafter scene right?

Because the show is getting hilariously old and it's possible for you to enjoy many of the new scenes while still having the main series as a reference point.

>> compilation movie
>w h y
>h
>y
In case you forgot, user, it had been TEN YEARS.
If Sunrise wants new audiences to watch the 3rd season, they are going to have to make something for the newcomers to watch in order to get up to speed. Also, they would want to retcon anything they regret before starting the new season.

This makes sense financially. So i have no idea why you are objecting to this when it is proven time and time again. Hell, Mobile Suit Gundam was SAVED by its compilation film.

Hinoboru-ryu Makoto-ichi-Shiki Hurricane Kick!

And you're a retarded newfag because you quoted 3 people who posted within the same minute earlier.

Where's this from?

something not being JUST because of 1 thing, doesnt mean that 1 thing isnt incredibly significant.

also those posts sound nothing alike, the only thing they have in common is calling you dumb.

Is table rape still there?

The table is no longer a victim.

Compilation movie confirmed not shit.

This coloring looks like an in-joke from Eiji Nakada

Reviving Lelouch for R3 was an even bigger mistake.

>REVIVING he says
Can't revive what didn't stay dead.

Third movie will cover R2 17 to 25, so it should probably have the best pacing of the trilogy.

Sounds like butchering for the sake of changing completely the original ending.

This is good.
>No 'One Million Zero' event.
This is very bad.
>Shirley lives
Now this is just a huge mistake.

Not much of this has any impact on the already figured out way that Zero could have survived the ending.

Compilations movies are always a mistake. The only exception would be the last 0079 and that's only because the TV show going through cancellation was affecting production.

R1 was 12 years ago.

One Million Zeroes is great for group watching but honestly...it makes very little sense even in-universe.

Shirley living (so far) doesn't bother me. SRW already did that.

Always liked how small the knightmare frames are. Probably some of the smallest mecha in any series?

Most compilation movies are decent enough if you don't have easy access or enough time to watch the original material. Just have to accept you're getting a summary with a few changes (at most), not something truly novel anyway.

>if you don't have easy access or enough time to watch the original material
Just read a fucking summary then. This is pure pleb logic. This is like the idiots who claim that they watch the show instead of the manga because it's less time consuming while this is the opposite.

>Just have to accept you're getting a summary with a few changes (at most), not something truly novel anyway

See just how plain retarded the idea sounds? Fucking retard.

this makes me upset they bettter stay with T.V show canon

Reading a summary is a lot less entertaining than watching a movie.

The show was never perfect and it'll always exist for you to go back and watch it in any case.

They're pretty cool in that regard, yes. I can't remember a smaller type of mecha in anime right now.

user stop being a goddamn tsundere and tell me where are these from? A new trailer?

>this makes me upset they bettter stay with T.V show canon
I am pretty sure the show's writers themselves would rather the majority of the 2nd season be retconned away. They didn't follow the original plan they had, other than the ending. Basically the ending was the only thing they managed to rescue when higher-ups fucked them over.

>Shirley lives
So I'm guessing they're killing her in the last movie

Watching the compilations was to save up time but now that you can save up more time by reading summaries it's no good? Fucking retard, just read/watch the source material, else go read summaries. Compilations are stupid shit no one asked for or want.

A news article somewhere, most likely.

Or not.

Compilation movies are shit, but if these somehow fix the shitfest that was R2 I'm okay with it.

Apparently the replacement voice for V.V. sounds very similar, but the new Tianzi sounds totally different.

>Fucking retard, just read/watch the source material, else go read summaries.
Sunrise has no intention of deliberately blocking new fans from paying money. You might want to go elitist and try to enforce your way of watching the show, but you are not the one with a TV series to market.

It is well known that hardcore fans tend to WANT studios to lose money.

At least it's cutting out a lot of the filler/remixed filler that wasn't necessarily terrible all the time but made the second half's episodes more rushed than they needed to be.

>Compilation movies are shit, but if these somehow fix the shitfest that was R2 I'm okay with it.
>At least it's cutting out a lot of the filler/remixed filler that wasn't necessarily terrible all the time but made the second half's episodes more rushed than they needed to be.
If 2nd season was not drowned with fillers, I would have expected Sunrise to spend FOUR films for compilation. They went for Three, purely because they know much of 2nd season was junk.

This kills the Kallenfags.

>Despite Shirley being alive, Geass Order still get annihilated.
I don't dislike this.

The hell? Shirley dying was a pretty damn big moment.

>Ends with R2's episode 'Taste of Earth/Humiliation'
I'm suddenly looking forward to the last movie

>Shirley not dying
Wait so will this be a new canon? or will she just be dying later

>This kills the Kallenfags.
Not where I am standing. It is a good way for Kallen's arc to actually happen in S3 without the garbage from season 2.

>>Shirley fucking survives
What the fuck.

No, they are gonna kill her in R3, you can't have a Code Geass season without Shirley getting shat on in an arc.

>Kallen's arc
With Shirley alive, Lelouch not going to Kallen for 'comfort' and movie 2 ending where it does, I happily doubt it.