Is this the best mecha anime since TTGL?

Is this the best mecha anime since TTGL?

Yes.

Only 5 out of 24 episodes came out.
Also, even if the series turns out to be good, they can still shit up the ending and make it a second Evangelion.

Nope since EVA.

>this trash
>best

So far an unironic yes.

Unless it literally turns into EvoL 2.0, or worse Aldnoah 2.0 somehow, yes

yesssss

02 smells bad

unironically yes

So far, yes.
But seriously, don't fuck it up A-1/trigger.

Cross Ange did it better

>with your nose

TTGL was a mess that was genuinely painful to watch because of how much it squandered its potential. FranXX at least seems to be executing on its premise well.

What purpose do boobs serve on a robot?

more fap material for otakus

Fanservice doesn't have to always involve organic females. /m/ wants some, too.

Makes it easier for the girl to sync with it

That only makes her better

Gasaraki is the only good mecha

This is trash and it's selling like trash so nope. A less popular Aldnoah Zero

it's bland cardboard like LWA, watching ichigo cry is fun though.

>People unironically thinks this is best anything
Name one thing that make it stand out
The show so far has been extreme bland and mediocre

People only watch it for waifuposting and the dramafest and don't pretend that you aren't.

Cross Ange is still better.

>Name one thing that make it stand out

A lot of character development in just 5 episodes.
Good use of symbolism.
The show is exploring its main theme really well through its characters
Setting is interesting

>he doesn't like waifus and drama in his mecha shows

It's beyond obvious, really.

I thought episode one was shit but it went uphill. 4 and 5 are sealing the deal for me, hopefully it can stay consistent.

>I've only watched five mech animes the post
I'm enjoying it but it isn't even done yet, calm down you nigger.

Will there ever be a Mazinger where Aphrodite A isn't a complete piece of shit?

>Will there ever be a Mazinger where Aphrodite A isn't a complete piece of shit?
It's called "Mazinger" for a reason.

Fair point but you have to remember that Boss Borot almost always ends up pulling its weight despite being literal trash.

>Will there ever be a Mazinger where Aphrodite A isn't a complete piece of shit?

Mazinkaiser SKL. It's downright surreal the guys behind such a series ended up making GuP.

>japan
>having good taste in mecha

Mainline Mobile Suit Gundam is a show for (actually little) little kids.
Cut them some slack. Kids over here also fawn over Naruto and what not.

>A lot of character development in just 5 episodes.
You mean the waifu war cat fight over the last few episode?
I thought I was watching an Okada soap drama
>Good use of symbolism.
>The show is exploring its main theme really well through its characters
Wow they are having sex inside robot
How symbolic
>Setting is interesting
literally nobody cares about that shit and stop pretending you do
just look at the thread

>You mean the waifu war cat fight over the last few episode?
No I mean how Hiro got over his depression and his piloting obsession by slowly realizing his feelings towards 002 and these feelings are his new obsession even though they might kill him.

Also how Ichigo's conflict between her responsability as the new squad leader and her feelings for Hiro and how she is trying to get better by prioritizing her responsability despite being inexperienced as a leader and being a 14-15 year old in love.
There is also Zorome and Goro.
Misturu is also showing promise

>Wow they are having sex inside robot
I was more talking about the jian's bird symbolism going on and how it is used to tell us about relationships and what they can bring to us.

>just look at the thread
People are less encline to have a serious discussion about the show aspects when the OP isn't trying to start one. It's also only 38 post right now.
Go in the big threads, the one that reach bump limit and you will see plenty of people discussing about character development, symbolism, direction etc.

If you can’t see that their development goes beyond a cat fight there’s nothing we can do, the kids are getting out of their shell and the way they are developing their social interactions is very endearing.
There isn’t sex inside the robots and there is absolutely nothing you can do to meme that.
Maybe you don’t, I definitely do, as most posters in FranXX threads, if you read the threads you would see it.
I’m pretty sure you aren’t even watching the show.

>I’m pretty sure you aren’t even watching the show.

user, he's a shitposter. It's a forgone conclusion he knows fuck all about the thing he's talking about.

Darling in the Franxx will be a future classical masterpiece. Mark my words.
It is a rare thing for me to consider an anime to have enough meaning outside its own individual world that it is worth looking at from the standpoint of literary analysis.
Most of the time, anime is a very self-contained thing.
It's is not only a deconstruction of mecha (like Evangelion) but also a deconstruction of life itself.
The primary theme is a contrast between supernatural, spiritual, judgment and the will to stand and fight against it. This is a relatively common Japanese theme also seen in Xenogears and it’s remakes and uncommon or at least different in the rest of the world.
The theme that made Darling in the Franxx stand out was its meta-commentary on the giant robot genre as a whole, specifically its use of children as giant robot pilots and actors in war.
Life doesn’t always give you a reason to hope for the better, but you should still do it.
Connecting with other people is hard, and trying to do it is painful, but there’s something worth trying about it.
The show takes people in a situation where they can’t find happiness nor successfully connect with others, and shows them continuing in their determination.
Too often, we use science fiction as a simplistic medium, one detailing invaders who attack solely because they view us as filth not worth the planet we stand upon.
We treat ourselves as a race that can do no good in a nihilistic, godless world, and one that would either be wiped out by invaders who decide we are too large of a threat, or perhaps that we aren’t even worth coming in contact with.
Darling in the Franxx will be a future classical masterpiece. I'm already starting to invest a lot on Darling in the Franxx merchandise because I know they will cost me fortunes in the future.

>Darling in the FranXX
>Mecha
What the fuck

probably but the mecha scenes are the worst part of the show so im not sure it should count

Not nearly as good as GBF but a solid second so far.

Indubitably.

No

>GBF
How is it compared to Shinkalion?

>She can smell herself
>She tasted Hiro before declaring him special.
>She could hear other people talking about her.

Oni has strong senses.

she can smell a Klaxosaur from miles away

This is what I opened the thread in the hope of reading. Dropped it right away for being visually bland, predictable, and yet another Evangelion dickriding exercise. What's it started doing right?

I remember that show having the most defensive fanbase ever.
Say anything negative about it and you will be called an aldnoahfag.

Stick to A/Z, faggot.

that giant turd with sakuga Aldnoah 0/10 exist just to make Cross Ange looked even better.

stuff's finally happening

It got shitposted at a lot for the same reason people shitpost at franxx.

>wtf the episode left something ambiguous or didn't spend 10 minutes infodumping and expected me to use my brain to connect 2 dots.

I genuinely don't get why people get mad that shows leave mysteries lingering. It's interesting dammit, stop wanting everything resolved and put into neat boxes immediately.

>It got shitposted at a lot for the same reason people shitpost at franxx.
Franxx is shitposted because it's really popular on Sup Forums but I don't remember g reco being nearly as popular.

The reason people shitpost Fran isn't that it has open plot threads, it's that we're sick of these terrible meta-mecha series and don't see how upping the ante on tits really helps

>meta-mecha
What does that even means?

The legend of blue wolves was better

G-Reco wasn't shitposted because it didn't even notice on Sup Forums's radar at the time. 2014 Sup Forums had better shows to watch like Shirobako and so on.

>Franxx is shitposted because it's really popular on Sup Forums

*on nu-Sup Forums

>G-Reco wasn't shitposted because it didn't even notice on Sup Forums's radar at the time.
You obviously weren't here while it was airing

It definitely was on Sup Forums's radar at the beginning since tominofags were hyping it a few months before it aired. After the first 3 episodes though a lot of people dropped it.

>G-Reco wasn't shitposted because it didn't even notice on Sup Forums's radar at the time.
There was a live thread every single week also it attracted a lot of shitposting. It also had Sup Forums getting btfo hard when it sales came out

Where do I find old Sup Forums?

Shouldn't have replied at all if it was just to show your lack of arguments.

time travel retard

>lack of arguments
>when there's nothing in either of your posts

Okay

If this show didn't take itself so seriously it would have already been dismissed as problematic fanservice pandering that's the cancer killing anime.

The potential is definitely there. We'll have to wait and see where it goes.

>when there's nothing in either of your posts
Either they didn't teach you to argue at school or you are deliberately being retarded.
I literally pointed out the character development of 2 characters when the post I replied to said there was only a cat fight between 2 characters. How is that not an argument?

don't ask them, if they were actually here they'd know Sup Forums was always shit

>The actual mecha content is piss poor
>characters are one-dimensional archetypes and not interesting
>animation is all over the place
>setting is uninteresting
Nah. If this didn't have the TRIGGER name behind it Sup Forums would ignore it like they do every other mecha anime because they don't care about the mecha they just want watercooler moments

>good LORD, that scene had me gasping for air. He's sooooo HOT

>I literally pointed out the character development of 2 characters
You didn't.

>Only one good episode out of 5
>best anything

Its not even the best mecha anime of the series and I guarantee people will forget about it once Build Drivers is released.

>No I mean how Hiro got over his depression and his piloting obsession by slowly realizing his feelings towards 002 and these feelings are his new obsession even though they might kill him.

>Also how Ichigo's conflict between her responsability as the new squad leader and her feelings for Hiro and how she is trying to get better by prioritizing her responsability despite being inexperienced as a leader and being a 14-15 year old in love.

So far, your replies have been a refutation of my posts without ever explaining why my points are wrong. Step it up mate.

TTGL is trash. FranXX is shaping up to be everything that the Rebuilds failed to be.

>Hiro got over his depression and his piloting obsession by slowly realizing his feelings towards 002 and these feelings are his new obsession even though they might kill him.
This is all fanfiction
>Also how Ichigo's conflict between her responsability as the new squad leader and her feelings for Hiro and how she is trying to get better by prioritizing her responsability despite being inexperienced as a leader and being a 14-15 year old in love.
And this is angst not character development. So Franxxxfags don't even know what basic shit like character development is

>This is all fanfiction
Stop speedwatching, he literally admitted it when ran after get in episode 4
>And this is angst not character development.
Watch how she reacted to strelizia arrival in episode 3 and 4.
In one episode, she lost her composure and nearly got everyone killed because of the mere possibility that Hiro could be riding with 002 and in episode 4, she was calm and composed and even happy to see hiro arriving on strelizia. She even reflected on what she did at the end of ep 3 and how she mustn't let that get to her.

after her*

>Stop speedwatching, he literally admitted it when ran after get in episode 4
Nice fanfiction
>stuff
Congrats you literally just described what angst is

I have genuenly been this into a show 5 episodes in since Evanglelion or Utena.
How in the fuck does someone who has only written about Idols befor just do something this Kino

>I have genuenly been this into a show 5 episodes in since Evanglelion or Utena.
That's sad as shit.

>Keep calling it a fanfiction despite giving him literal proof
>Deny the growth when a character prone to losing his/her composure doesn't anymore after reflecting on his/her mistakes

You just confirmed everyone's suspicions about you being a shitposter, congrats.

Don't bother responding he's just shitposting. You're never going to win arguments if you're always the one explaining. He's in the dominant position by being the one accusing while you're always typing big posts that gets 90% of the content ignored and cherrypicked. Just let him shitpost instead of trying to respond to him.

>s-s-s-s-s-s-shitposter!
Great argument!

>Ctrl+F
>fafner
>0 hits
I mean I know Sup Forums has shit taste but cmon man I hoped at least a few of you were outright retarded

*weren't

>thinks it's an argument
Well will you autismos stop crossboarding? Your lack of a developed brain is showing.

I love Fafner but it's a little unfair to compare Exodus or HaE with FranXX since they have a lot of the groundwork like world building and character development already done for them while Dead Aggressor was before Gurren Lagann.

02 is more of a Rei than Asuka. I bet you she's gonna have an arc similar to Rei; in that she learns to care for people/or in this case her darling.

A non-human who is disconnected from people learns to care because of the MC.

Comparing her with any Evangelion characters is really reaching.

I mean, sure, Rei can be compared to Juliet from Romeo and Juliet. But there's much better picks for such a comparison.
Same thing here.

This is unironically one of the worst if not the worst anime I have ever seen, and I probably have well over 200 hundred titles I scored as 1/10 and 2/10 (mostly battle fantasy LNshit, moeshit, haremshit, isekashit and that sort of shallow garbage).

Found the retard

I'm responding to an user that compared her to Asuka.in the worst way possible

Rei's Arc in which she learns to care for Shinji/Humanity/Herself; is probably the Arc that 02 will have in a general sence.

Comparing two franchises that was made by the same people is fine by my book.