Dragon Ball Super

Say what you want about his bland personality but his reason for seeking power is way better than Goku's "waku waku , I don't know why i want to be stronger" Austism

They way they told his backstory was so bland and unoriginal though.
Maybe the manga did it well but I havent read it.

The manga actually gave us a lot of info on what he believes in and how he operates ( its different than the anime)

the anime chose to to spend time on krillin, roshi, ribrianne, u6 saiyans rather than building him for some reason

i don't have a problem with why goku wants to get stronger. training is something he's always done, he's always been good at it, and it's how he's made most of his friends. i always took his pure, simple dedication to it as why he surpasses guys like vegeta who train out of a bitterness of not being stronger.

but why does he seek strength? What is the reason for it ? " just cause"?

Atleast jiren for all his flaws had to grow up weak and helpless and lose everyone close to him because he wasn't strong enough and he never wants to feel that way again

IIRC the manga correctly, he trans to be stronger, and fight strong people... that's it.

Goku's motivation isn't really bad, he just does it cause it's fun. It's honestly not even unrealistic, most athletes have this motivation, they push themselves just to surpass their limits, there's no "goal".

Goku's problem is that he has nothing besides that, he's a backwater hick who is LITERALLY mentally retarded, he thinks his own family are just buddies you occasionally hang out with, he has no moral compass, etc. He's fucking worthless as a human being.

Why can't Dragon Ball go to a different studio? Toei really does deserve to get burned to the ground.

How do we revive 17

We don't. Leave that faggot dead.

Wrong answer

But he's not a human being he's a saiyan

>Not in or mentioned at all in EoZ
He's dead, user. He's gone and never coming back.

What is the best screen shot from Super?

I'm watching the english dub (started like that mainly because I'm used to english voices from the original dbz airing). Recently considered japanese seeing as english at ~20 new minutes per week with 70 episodes to go is a bit slow for my impatient self.

I watched my favorite scene again - the SSB kaioken x10 vs hit scene - in both versions. It's ridiculous how utterly inferior the japanese dub seems to be here. is this indicative of the rest of the show as well? then again, that scene was a highlight for the english VO as well, you heard the hype in his voice.

I think Nowaza fit Black really well mostly because of how effeminate and flamboyant he was, but I still think Schemell's final result turned out well.
I haven't watched much of the dub because I don't have it in me to go through Super again

Neither was Jiren

Honest kek. Out of all things you mentioned one of the only realistic traits any of the characters has as a weak point.

is exactly right.

It shows you haven't understood the point of the character, no, actually the point of Dragon Ball's style of story telling at all. If authentic character depictions is something you're even attempting to look for, you seriously missed the point for 500 straight episodes of the franchise.

He'll be dead too.

I just watched the dub version and that was fucking trash. What the hell is that stupid voice filter they put on Goku?

It sounds like that ear rape sceam in every /gif/ webm.

Neo-Super 17 arc soon

this, animators favourite GTFO

>Frieza surprise attacks Jiren
>autistic_screeching.wav
>Gets his ass beat within seconds
>Proceeds to be unconcious off screen, but not eliminated, as was the case when Toppo beat his ass
>Nobody even comments on it in the show and business goes on as if it never happened
Where is this going?

My guess is that they're doing that so people don't think his a threat and then he'll come out at the end and win it all.

Why would we want that cuck back?

This.

Anime got canceled so now they are rushing to finish. More than half a year got wasted on meme characters and now Toppo got beaten in 5 minutes real life time and same amount of time was spent on last boss's back story. Oh well

D E L E T

>Anime got canceled
Retard.

>Muh hiatus
It's not coming back.

See

See

and dragon ball doesn't deserve the same?

Why does Toriyama love freeza so much?

See

See

He's still in and will be final 3 atleast. The fact that he didn't get eliminated means he has a purpose

>haha lol i train to not lose people i care about how original
you have to be retarded to not understand that this is basically what goku does as well, he simply doesnt outright say it. what the fuck do you think most of his training arcs were for? to protect earth and his family.

goku forma demonia

See

Toriyama has said himself goku trains cause he loves fighting and not for other people. Please stop this.

See

>too retarded to understand that a person can have subconcious goals
guess he only cares about fighting, which is why seeing one of his friends die causes such an extensive reaction, right? like turning ss for the first time. he just wanted to fight freezer, there wasnt some subconcious desire to protect the people he cares about.

See

Caring about his family/friends is not the reason he trains though. Thats a secondary goal.

The same dude who let vegeta live even after he beat his friends/son because he wanted to fight again?

If his loved ones were his priority he would have killed vegeta.

Don't give me any funi dub bs either about goku forgiving him.

>freezer

>If his loved ones were his priority he would have killed vegeta.
wrong. he believes in people and despises pointless killing. he let him live because he was confident in his ability to strop him again. he didnt consider them to be a danger anymore, hence no need to kill him.

this.
the "goku is a sociopath" meme needs to stop.
he loves fighting and he's retarded, but nobody who actually watched the show (or read the manga, since i can already hear the screeching) can deny that he loves his family and friends and would go to any length to protect them.

he let him live cause he wanted to fight him again and how could goku be confident when he lost to vegeta ?

The funi dub has made you guys think he's some family man who fights for others. He's a fight obsessed man to whom others are a secondary priority

17 asm uc has h was an MVP shows how fucking ass the humans are in DB besides Roshi who knows so much techniques the sheer utility partially makes up for the lack of power..

I never said he didn't love his family however his training/fighting is for himself and his desire to get stronger. He's not gohan where power only means a way to protect his loved ones.

He enjoys fighting a LOT and thats why he always seeks more power

Jiren Negro ULTRA INSTINCT when???

and he also committed suicide by telling picolo to kill him alongside raditz, same thing with cell. he also turned ss3 during the buu arc knowing that it will rob him of his time (less fighting) to help his friends and family formulate a plan. if his main incentive was to fight he wouldnt have dont any of those things.

>Freeza will wish for all Saiyans to be revived.
>The way her worded it revives U7 Saiyans as well.

didn't use db to kill dr gero before androids showed up cause he wanted to fight

was willing to let freeza escape in RoF

didn't kill goku black when he came to present cause he loves fighting

helped out u6 team members in this tournament cause he likes fighting.

>I think Nowaza fit Black really well mostly because of how effeminate and flamboyant he was

It helps that Black never does rise in his voice when he speaks. Being more restrained works for the voice better honestly

nothing you list is actually relevant. youre just whining abuot him not being cautious enough. freeza was completely outclassed in rof, so why kill him? the androids were completely outclassed in dbz, so why kill them? etc. the second he realized that one of them actually serve a thread he evaporated them, see rof.

My guess is, that he will show up one more time after jiren is defeated to snatch away the dragon balls from goku and then gets beaten in a similiar fashion as when toppo and jiren fucked him up.
Frieza has gone beyond jobber, he doesn't even serve to make his opponent look stronger now, just make himself look weak and pathetic.

I wish for this to be a deliberate subversion of expectations and that Frieza will turn out to be a threat after all, but i'm 80% sure that that's giving the show too much credit.

>17 asm uc has h was an MVP
Dende, you don't need to speak Namekian to use the dragon balls anymore.

just so he gets to kill them a second time obviously.

Are you dumb?

Freeza was outclassed cause his energy ran out. If he escaped and trained more,he would kill goku and vegeta and countless millions

The androids were far stronger than trunks which goku knew and yet he let them arrive and guess what before ROSAT, vegeta and trunks got bitch slapped by same androids.

He doesn't care if others lives come into risk as long as he can get waku waku

the one where jiren blocks hits final attack with his eyes

>Dende, you don't need to speak Namekian to use the dragon balls anymore.

Fuck you human. Say that shit again and I'll wish on the dragon balls to grant me a penis to rape you with so much you'll wait a year to wish for more you ass slut.

>that eye
The one thing DBS has been consistent on is having shit animation.

Is that what 17 asm uc has h was an MVP means?

>Freeza was outclassed cause his energy ran out.
thats called be outclassed. total energy is part of your strength you fucking retard. what sort of logic are you even trying to apply here?
>this guy IS STRONGER he just lacks the necessary resources to win haha
if you win you are stronger, no questions asked. thats how winning and losing and losing are defined in a combat setting. freeza lost, ergo hes weaker. plain and simple.

>The androids were far stronger than trunks
yet never served a real threat. by the end of the arc they were absolute fodder

>He doesn't care if others lives come into risk
no, its not that he doesnt care, he simply doesnt care ENOUGH in your book. hence why i said that you whine about him not being cautious enough. in a world where some magic balls can revive an infinite amount of people you can risk people lives on a hunch.

you are legitimately retarded. Freeza would need to train for 1 week to stop his energy loss and he would kill goku and vegeta. They even admitted that so why give him the chance? use your dumb head.

The androids becoming fodder doesn't mean they were. You dipshit. if they wanted they could have killed everyone in z fighters

use your fucking brain you dumb goku fanboy

Also its not just his friends and family that are at risk when freeza and androids are running around but Goku doesn't care about that.

>you are legitimately retarded. Freeza would need to train for 1 week to stop his energy loss and he would kill goku and vegeta. They even admitted that so why give him the chance?
because in a world where strong opponents show up on a weekly basis you need a way to test your limits. thats why letting some random civilians die is worth it, since you can revive them anyway. you dont kill everyone who serves a threat since you REQUIRE THEM to be training partners in an attempt to protect the planet. imagine the buu arc without the cell arc having happened (because they chose to blow up the androids). earth would have been wiped out. apparently a bunch of mentally deranged monkeys possess the ability to think longterm, while you dont.

you are legitimately retarded. Freeza can blow up earth from space and then who will wish them back? how about the universe?

Oh and buu only came out cause good ol retarded goku held back vs vegeta when he could have one shotted him and prevented.

Goku fans really have the same low iq as him don't they

Why did Smugpup murder Jiren's parents?

>thats called be outclassed. total energy is part of your strength you fucking retard. what sort of logic are you even trying to apply here?
So Goku allows Freeza to live and then he just comes back the next day and blows up the planet from space.
Whoops.
>yet never served a real threat. by the end of the arc they were absolute fodder
That's not really a risk you can afford to take ahead of time. From their perspective, the Androids were a massive threat they didn't know if they could ever beat, so allowing Gero to live put the whole planet at risk.
>no, its not that he doesnt care, he simply doesnt care ENOUGH in your book. hence why i said that you whine about him not being cautious enough. in a world where some magic balls can revive an infinite amount of people you can risk people lives on a hunch.
Ah yes, the magic balls that only work if Piccolo is alive, and can only revive people once, unless you go get the magic balls on another planet, which could, at the time, only revive one person at a time. Those are a perfect fix for everything.

Seriously, Goku's got more than one facet to his character, and he *does* care about his family and friends and will ensure their immediate safety first before entering the fight, but it's also absolutely true that Goku will allow extreme risks if it means indulging his own desire to fight stronger and stronger opponents, up to staying on an exploding planet just to fight the genocidal galactic emperor, and then actively encouraging him to leave and come back later despite his being a completely monstrous, mass-murdering maniac.

No, user. Being zen and having a non egoistic goal is better than being an edgefag but this board will never understand this, obviously

Because he's a GUD BOYE

because jirens parents told him to "yiff in hell"

>but it's also absolutely true that Goku will allow extreme risks if it means indulging his own desire to fight stronger and stronger opponents
so quite literally like jiren, who could have won the tournamnet about 2 years ago (or whenever it started) but instead chose to take the risks by letting goku fight.

And then Jiren's parents were yiffed, tgen sent to hell

Post all of your El Hermano pics

nice character design toei

schemell's sounds like shit desu and i think his voice is better for goku

but for black he literally sounds like a parody of "evil goku" or something, like they're making fun of the concept. in the raw version he actually just sounds like evil goku

>Android 17 is SSB tier
I hope none of you are retarded enough to believe this
He got fucking pulverized by regular Toppo, who was SSB tier at best. The only reason he lasted so much was because he kept running away.
>b-but muh jiren fight
They hyped him up because it was his final fight before his death. Overall, A17 is about SS3 or low SSG tier, I dare you to prove me wrong.

I would love to know how many minutes they actually wasted showing the reactions of the zenos and expositions of the obvious from pointless characters over this arc.

>the animators write the story
holy shit

There's multiple levels of SSB tier. 17 would be on par with RoF SSB Goku who is weaker than Golden Frieza. In other words, he's low tier SSB which makes sense since base form Toppo is stronger than him.

>b-b-b-b-but muh Em Vee Pee!!!!

>First time power levels are ever mentioned
>Establish that they aren't fixed and may change for any number of reasons
>30 years later
>People still arguing "x is y tier"

Reminder that Krillin is the ultimate cuck.

LA ESPOSA DE GOHAN

>base toppo is stronger than him
He's so much stronger that it doesn't make sense to claim that he's SSB tier.
When he wasn't running away, he was being decimated. To me, that means that A17 is at the very least one "tier" below toppo, aka SSG tier. Which I doubt.
A17 didn't show considerable feats of power. Even his attack against aniraza wasn't really an "overpower", he stroke a weak point. His barrier didn't defeat aniraza's attack, he just went through it.
To me he's not even top 10 when it comes to ToP power levels.

I actually like Goku's reason. He doesn't know because it's his genes that are dictating his wants and desires. He has no control over it, no matter what kind of person he becomes or what he does his DNA will force win to keep fighting. It's like someone who's addicted to a drug and doesn't know why.

Buu a cute!

Good thing no one have thrown him out by now

Buu Saga best Z saga next to Freeza.Fact.