Shinsekai Yori

What kind of fascist, morally warped trash is this? Why is the obvious hero treated as a villain?

But squealer is obviously not a human anymore.

>fascist
>insult
Stopped reading there.

Squealer was neither a hero nor a villain. He represented one point in the never-ending line of events that proved humanity's innately destructive nature. You'd have to be autistic to think that his actions were completely justified. You'd also have to be a sociopath to not understand that the status quo is horrible and that Squealer was a natural outcome of such a terrible system. The moral isn't that one side is right or wrong. It's that humanity is complicated and fucked up.

It's democratic fascism

Because he lost

That the rebellion against the evil status quo wasn't perfect doesn't mean that Squealer wasn't right to rebel.

I unironically put Squirrel as my top 10 anime character on my MAL page.

The point is that humans can't stop fucking up. Everything after WW3 is just a chain of events of humans trying to live in peace and they can't get it right.

Everyone is suffering from the evil of their ancestors and they are trying to deal with it the only ways they know how.

Rat men unironically achieved better level of technology and government than humans in ten years while starting from zero

He had the library thing, so he wasn't starting from scratch.

You're correct, though I think saying it "wasn't" perfect is a gross understatement. Despite his intentions to create an equal society, he still began a rebellion that led to numerous deaths, both human and monster rat. Ironically, the fact that he committed so many atrocities in the name of peace proves his statement that he's just as human as his oppressors.

Ironically they're both human but neither are normal ones. The rats are closer to us, they just don't look the part.

the people who were killed deserved it

Hard to argue over their guilt when the vast majority of them didn't even know what the Queerats actually even were. The leaders of PK society probably deserved it, but not all the village mooks

They kind of are responsible as well. They lived in a totalitarian society and were okay with it, they were also fine with exploitation of another sentient species.

>le centrism meme
Fuck off faggot, Squealer fought for his species
He did absolutely nothing wrong

They lived in a society that knew nothing but peace and sustainability. Save for the rare child being offed to prevent them from becoming a karma demon, their lives were perfect. Would you have fought against it?
Like I said, autistic.

>Save for the rare child being offed
See, that's where the fallacy lies. What if this happens to be YOUR child? There is no rule as to why some children become unstable whereas others don't. You can't prevent it. It's basically a lottery.
They got what they deserved for lacking empathy and for being short-sighted sheep.

The point is that everyone is bad but uses various justifications for being good

Just like real life