Angel's Egg

About to watch this with a bro. Should I know anything going into this? What can I expect?

>What can I expect?
The dude smashes the egg, and the girl jumps to her death at the end.

You asked, didn't you?

Well I'm just glad you were decent enough to put it into spoiler tags. Didn't know what I expected, really.

I GUESS I'LL GO IN BLIND

rocks fall and everyone dies

>Should I know anything going into this?
its literally kino like I'm not memeing here

everything is symbolism, nothing really matters.

>the girl jumps to her death at the end.

dont remember that happening

OP here, she didn't jump, per se. She was running after the cross-bearer after he crushed her egg and fell into a ravine where she saw her matured self and drowned.

Probably my favorite animated film I've seen yet. Extreme attention to detail and beautiful because of it, the drawn out silence was pretty great and accentuated the more intense scenes like the sinking/rising of the eye-ship or the pursuit of the fish by the fishermen . What's more, is without much dialogue at all it was easy to feel for both MCs (especially the girl).

Also, usually symbolism is too pretentious for me, but here it wasn't so bad. It kind of added charm to the movie.

Expect to get woken up by your brother.

You will be required to show your Humanity.

A film basically left for you to interpret however you see fits.

Depend on how you personally interpret it it can either be a masterpiece or dogshit.

Yeah its the best.

What are you on about? The movie was made on the go out of the author's head without any planning even he doesnt even know wtf it's about

A story is half what is said and half what is heard user. Even if the person telling the story doesnt understand it, that doesnt mean the person listening doesnt.

The author himself confessed to not really knowing what he wanted to express. He was simply going with the flow, so it's okay if nothing seems to make sense.

Boredom

Pretentiousness

>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Hard to see that considering how it was made and why.

Kinou

Yeah he wasn't trying to impress shit. If I remember correctly he was basically staving off suicide.

whatever he did or didnt do, I think it was a brilliant story and feel very sorry for people that found it boring or where otherwise unsatisfied.

I don't understand symbolism so I had no idea what was going on when I watched, but it's visually breath taking and very well animated.

Plus the girl is super cute, does anyone have the webm of her eating jam out of the jar?

It's a masterpiece.