Grimgar

What's the point of this show?

to have an authentic level 1 D&D experience

To be enjoyed.

To sell insert songs.

To give Hosoyan a protagonist role so I can list to him all episode long

Also, while we're on a Grimgar thread, Volume 12 comes next month. We pirates and dragons now.

Remind us that a lot of good shows aren't getting a second season.

pretty backdrops

isekai pleb filter

Sweet music videos

>We pirates and dragons now
That could be interesting, I hope there's more Ranta related stuff.

Armpits

dark souls

to waifu the girls

to teach how not to slay goblins

Yume's butt

This is Isekai done right.
A bunch of stupid teenagers goes into another world and dies from the first bunch of low level mobs. No superpowers and asspuls, no mary sues, no harems and shit. Only death.

Except MC has his asspull instant kill line.

That is something everyone experiences. The teacher of his said as much.

>asspull instant kill line
In the series he used it 3 times, in the LN he uses it rarely.

Yume is ugly and dumb. Mary is much better

It literally asspulled him out of a situation that he definitely should've died from.

To show that goblins are the true victims.

This.

This fucking shit taste.

Yume a generic waifubait.

>All those forced anime original scenes
*vomit*

The gratuitous ass service with this character felt out of place and desperate. I've been conditioned to this shit for years and it still made me feel a little sick

The OP really hits the nail right on the head. This was a fine, genuine, and original story right up until it completely petered out of steam around the time Mary was introduced. Stories can't be dragged on endlessly with no purpose.

The humanizing of the mob creatures was an extremely interesting angle.

Can you really drag on that much in 12 episodes?

Is the point of isekai not to live in a world with different rules? He's a melee dps who just learned a nuke spell.

Yume is my yome.

They did drag it on with all their crying of their deceased friend

Wow is that really all it was? I guess I had misremembered its length; the story already at that point did have the smacking of intending to drag on forever. Clearly a manga adaptation

They blew their load too early with that development. A well intended twist, but without any overarching plot to carry the story and characters beyond that development, they did simply run out of things to do.

Because their leader who really did keep them alive and through with everything was gone. He was a bro, he was a leader, he was a healer, he was their emotional clutch.

The issue isn't a failure to grasp the concept behind the event. It's "was it engaging?" I agree with user that it was belabored excessively, not because the plot and character development demanded it, but because there was nothing else for the show to do at that point, aside from that emotional drama, or more action scenes. There needed to be some kind of story developing apart from the character's relationships as a group. Something to do with the world setting, or something. It would have been a good idea to delve further into character's individual developments in their class, with their trainers, for example. This would have allowed them to give more time and attention to the interesting philosophies and worldviews that were hinted at within each class. Ranta, for example, could have been a great character to develop as an anti-hero instead of a shounen, to have his class ideology / personal development as a character struggle with the whole "we're a group" dynamic.

For me, it was plenty engaging. I liked their sad scenes, I liked how they had to strategize, I liked the action scenes, and the characters were memorable for me enough.
Based upon what they did in the Grimgar anime, I would watch a Grimgar second season for sure. That's what matters to me.

>For me, it was plenty engaging. I liked their sad scenes, I liked how they had to strategize, I liked the action scenes, and the characters were memorable for me enough.
Despite my criticism, I don't think it was bad. I think it could have been done much better. This is another example of an "okay" anime that could have been a great story, the kind of story you remember and think about in 20 years. I think it had alot going for it, but suffered from flaws in foresight and cohesion in the story. The OP.jpg really sums up the problem. Real life meanders forward with a succession of loosely related events and challenges that have no clear cohesive purpose or meaning. To make a great story, you need to create the illusion of that same stark reality while actually having an intelligent purpose behind it all, which is revealed near the end.

It's an adaptation of an ongoing LN.

If you can't follow such a simple show you stupid aspie cunt then there is no hope for you.

But their story is that they're the types of people who aren't the grand heroes of an epic. They're just those weak adventurers trying to survive. They're like the weakling NPCs that exist to show how much cooler and better your character normally are.
None of them are the superpowerful weirdoes with eccentric personalities or nerves of steel who don't falter in front of a mighty ogre or who laugh at the face of adversity. They're not exceptionally skilled heroes who can all regularly solo extremely powerful demons and dragon.
They're the little guys who can beat goblins and kobolds if they really put all their efforts into it, by working hard as a team.
That's what I expected from what people told the anime adaptation would be about, that's what I got, that's what I got to see in the anime, and that's why I liked it.

In my opinion, the fight of the group against the goblin veterans is still one of the best fights in anime history. It was tactical, both sides looked equally strong, the enemies weren't utterly moronic, both tried everything to win. It wasn't a one-sided slaughterfest, it wasn't stretched out by some beautiful girl doing silly acrobatics. The terrain mattered.

The Grimgar anime really makes it look like you, the actual reader, could really be one of those characters. No chosen one superspecial crap. No divinely granted uberhax that allows you to summon an angelic horde to do your command.
Just dirty inelegant fighting in the mud.

And that is why I do like all those characters, with all their insecurities, weaknesses, personalities and grievances.

The story and character development could have been more meaningful and coherent without sacrificing any of those good qualities.

Mary

No.

Yes

That's not Mary. That's Merry. Last name Christmas, apparently.

I hated it cause these are the biggest noobs i have ever seen.
They never git gud even at the last episode.
What a waste of my fucking time.

This
Nice taste

user had a nice explanation of that here
They were trying to be original in that regard, and I commend them for it

That MC will be granted random power ups

Turning itself into an harem.
Priest dies, big guy dies, DK fucks off and the MC stays with the girls.

Aren't the girls dead, except for the mage?

So Mari died yet?

Oh jesus so the author just picks off characters endlessly

Is my girl Mary still alive? I heard something about her being a zombie, not sure if it was legit.

I dunno about any of that. What I said was up until V9, I think.
Don't tell me Yume dies.

According to TVTropes, Mary dies in V10, but is ressurected in V11.
It doesn't mention any of the other girls being dead.

checked and its listed as 'came back wrong'.
Oh boy, mercy kill time?

I want to see more goblin suffering.

Read goblin slayer

Go to bed Goblin Slayer. Cow Girl is waiting.

Was not the translation efforts on the LN cancelled?

I love dying to kobold critical hits.

Lucky bastard

>isekai "done right" is making every character a unlikable, pathetic idiot, doing no world building, and having no plot
fuck you and everyone else who'd vote this trash high enough that idiots like me'd be'd look at it expecting it to be anything but garbage