Dragon Ball Super

What happend to good art and animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BivWS4Ubd8
youtube.com/watch?v=L6bz-vK4-fo
youtube.com/watch?v=YWiMbSD0J4E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Died when this decade came along;

Toei stopped giving a shit and hired a bunch of korean interns to do it for them.

>What happend to good art
Are we gonna ignore those 2 episodes done by Yuya Takahashi? The art can't get any better than that.

Toei just doesn't care

they don't work for toei anymore

Nice movies, fags

FUCKING SPICS FUCK OFF WITH MAKING THREADS JUST TO SHOVE A DBZ IMAGE IN THE OP.
THERE LIKE 6 THREADS LIKE THIS ALREADY

haha autist faggot

>only /dbs/ thread in the catalog
??

Check the catalog again, dumb generalfag.

They have multiple animators back from original DB and DBZ still working on the show (Shida, Shimanuki, Tate etc.). Blame Yamamuro's shitty modern character design, promotional art and his draconic corrections of other animator's work during the majority of DBS instead.

>DEAD SHOW
>DEAD THREAD

>Toei
They use digital animation and don't give a shit about quality as long as it makes money

>Toriyama
He's over 60 years old and can't draw as well as during his prime

>Toyotaro
Arguably the best artwork of these three - but he is just copying prime Toriyama and so his art looks soulless.

>They use digital animation
Wrong, they colour digitally, the animators still draw by hand.

I agree that Toyotaro's work looks way worse compared to Toriyama's original work.

the art is shit
the colors are are shit
the fights are are shit

I should be rewatching OPM and Mob Psycho 100

That's a goddamned lie.

Literally this

They even got literal who animators back from Z like Yuji Hakamada

Welcome to DBS!

DBS looked its best when the animators actually kept away from Yamamuro's designs. See Takahashi.
youtube.com/watch?v=3BivWS4Ubd8

>I agree that Toyotaro's work looks way worse compared to Toriyama's original work.
Honestly, Toriyama wasn't that great during the Buu saga. The anime did a better job with the artstyle by far. Toriyama seemed like he was rushing his art.

Toyotaro is a pretty lame artist when compared to OG Toriyama man

Its just so beautiful. The only reason I put up with this crap show is to see stuff like that every once in a while and for 20 minutes every 20 weeks feeling like I'm a kid again watching DBZ for the first time.

This looks nothing like prime Toriyama

Toyo's art is more akin to Tori's new style

honestly, still better than 80% of Super

If you mean the hand drawn part, nope. This is from episode 95, btw. Pretty sure it's from Naotoshi Shida.

Rhymestyle going on one big autistic meltdown over not being able to pull LR Vegito. Faggot spends thousands of dollars on stones and thinks he’s entitled to everything he wants.

Toriyama is a great artist, being worse than him isn't a shame.

Toyotaro is pretty good, most of the time at least. He can improve in some areas but I'm well satisfied with what he does.

Toyotaro is mediocre at best and he could't get paneling right if his life depended on it.
Before you call me a toeishill the anime is overall bad and I could care less about the anime vs manga autism.

toei tries to sell toriko

Checked again and yep, it's from Shida. He likes to post this stuff on his twitter.

His storyboards look great.

>it's another "dbs animation" thread

>posting a bad panel
bruh

I'm still mad.
>yfw no good animated Tommyrod vs Toriko ever

>it's another frogposter
kys, friend

don't know about koreans but they outsource like 50% of each episode to some sweatshop in the phillipines

>m-muh frogpostahs!
neck yourself

When you go from an episode like this

why do yamamuro's characters look like they're made out of literal plastic?

to this

The animation was never bad save for the recap arcs. The animation was actually pretty fluid for most part. The art is the issue. They need better models to work with and apply them to existing animation.

That's his new style, probably. Not at all comparable to his work in DBZ.

Post "it".

NO J-JIREN NO--NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOO!!!!!

>Jiren wins
>Time for my wish, baby!
>"Please teleport the villain who killed my parents and friends into this arena, I want to destroy him with my own power!"
>El Grande Padre is teleported into the ring
>post yfw

>he doesn't know

Despite the fact that m10 was garbage we still got some neat animation out of it, I just wish we had consistent animation like this in super instead of one or two decently animated episodes every once in a while.

I haven't been following the series at all, so what is gonna happen with Dragon Ball after the episodes? Is there gonna be a new dragon ball series after this? Or are we waiting for the manga to push out?

>B-Bakana!

I hope Goku actually goes blanco, the shitposting and butthurt would be so great

they are old as shit, they certainly don't work for madhouse

the good DBS animators are young as well

While I agree that Super overall looked horrendous, most of Z didn't look too good either, The quality was never consistent because the episodes were done by different animators.
The pic you posted is one of the best, but for like 80% of the time, Z looked bad as well, even if not Super tier bad.

Videl, Goten, and Trunks held their own longer than fucking Jobhan who should've been strong enough to at least rival Broly. So much for muh supah sayajin 2.

Super is ending, the Manga is going to finish and maybe continue further, we don't know yet. There's going to be a movie about the very first Super Saiyan at the end of this year. The response from Toei was that while Super is ending, the series itself isn't, so there might be a new show at some point.

this shit looks like someone drew this with the straight line tool in ms paint and filled in the colours

concept art != manga page

This is the Zamasu Toriyama drew for Toyo, to show him how it is done

Honestly, it could've been worse. We could've had Boruto Manga art

Jesus Christ, why is this guy still working at Toei? You'd think they would have moved him on by now considering how badly his art has regressed. Do they keep him on because he's cheaper than the alternatives?

Yamamuro has worked years and years to make his character design so simple and cookie cutter and on model that it should hypothetically be easier to animate.

the last chakra is actually white hair and a crown (or an halo)

well, Toyo said he will be ahead of the anime at some point so I guess it'll continue after the ToP... or maybe not, I'm not working for shueisha.

He has been ahead for a year (production wise). Remember he literally made some of the characters of the current arc

True.

That actually looks pretty good, not as good as Cell saga Toriyama but still, very nice. Seems he's still got it if he actually puts in the effort.

It's even worse to look at his stuff now when you see the Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight, where he worked alongside Yamauchi.
youtube.com/watch?v=L6bz-vK4-fo

>SS2 but no SS3
>no SSG
>SS is basically where SSG fits
???

ss3 is magic, ssg is basically required to break the ningen limit and go blue

this is by far the best animated sequence in all of dragon ball, if you disagree you're a massive pleb

Difference with DBZ is that they actually had the manga panels to draw inspiration from.
I still think that even with limited animation, a scene can still look great if you get all the other things like effects, choreography and the scene setup right. Look at the beginning of the Goku/Freeza fight, for example. Shimanuki:
youtube.com/watch?v=YWiMbSD0J4E

Wrong.

I love that part where vegeta kicks goku, he dodges narrowly and you see some strands of golden super saiyan hair being ripped off by the force of the kick

ah sorry I didn't talk about the majin vegeta gif, I agree with you about this scene - that's what I meant

Considering all the shit artists we have for mangas like DB Heroes, Fusions and SD, I'm glad that Toyo is the one doing Super

He most definitely is going Blanco

outsourced to the Filipinos

but in the top right picture on the bottom right left of the silhouette you can see his hair is still black

>like DB Heroes
You mean SDBH. DBH manga artist was Toyo.
Also SD is great, the artist is only bad when she tries with non chibi style

The movies had some great animation too.

Is Amazon Japan going to leak it again like with Rosé?

Looks like we found Vegeta

>You mean SDBH
That's what I meant
>the artist is only bad when she tries with non chibi style
That's also what I meant. SD is good but the Bardock manga is garbage.

>bottom right left

niggah what

Except Takahashi, the best artist by far in DBS, didn't work in DBZ.
He's a better Yamamuro than nuYamamuro.

Those are two different toys bro.....

One is supposedly the Mastered UI and thats the one that is shaded out

Is Musk basically Dr Briefs minus robowaifu wife?

If anything we'll get a look when the preview comes out.. But its seeming like White Hair Goku could be a thing soon

Takahashi is great I don't get why people try to shit on him.

He should be demoted because Yamamuro can still do good animation(he did the last bit of Vegeta vs Toppo).

Gohan took more punishment from Broly than either with those three. That movie was pretty weird to watch but Videl was definitely the MVP of Broly Second Coming.

People shit on Takahashi? I only ever read people saying Tate is bad, which is wrong.

They also shit on Shida. But I think those are just contrarians.

I think he's the best, second only to Takahashi, but I understand the criticism regarding him making everything go REALLY fast.

Yes and there are people who shit on tate too, I think it's because those eps they animated were involving characters people don't like around here, u6, jiren, frieza. So of course everyone is gonna have a biased opinion towards them.

>Gokufags are the ones shitting on the best animators

Imagine my shock

no u