Black Clover

Newest Episode is out!

Stupidasta sadly survives.

>mfw this has the worst adaptation ever and while I watch this

Does this show get better? I couldn't get past the first episodes, but I'm curious at the same time.

no, it gets worse and the animation is comedy central

people still watch this?

Only if you hate yourself

I'm laughing out loud while watching this, the characters are never on model, what are they even supposed to look like, I'm laughing out loud, it's so bad it's funny

Wtf retard? It gets better, it surely gets better considering how bad are the early episodes.
Regarding the animation, the studio gets lazy during the slow paced moments but they put effort in the action scenes. that's what matters.

did you see today's episode? the action was hilariously bad

He had 5-6 completely different super offmodel faces this episode. The power of outsourcing.

How do you even fuck up the production schedule?
They better get their shit together for the yami x light fight.

they won't

I miss my girlfriend

>implying
They will end episode 52 with the tease of Licht.

feels like studio pierrot might be worse than toei but at the same time if they actually tried they could be better than toei.

It took them 19 episodes to adapt 21 chapters and Licht vs Yami is only around 25 chapters away at this point so that much is guaranteed. And this isn't taking into account that the pacing has gotten faster in the second arc, from 1 chapter per episode to 2 per episode. 32*2+21 would put episode 51 at chapter 85, which is halfway through the witches' forest arc. If they increased that to 2.5 per episode from the third arc onward they'd be able to cover up to chapter 101 which just happens to be the final chapter of the witches' forest arc. Unless they pull some filler out of their asses again we're getting at least up to the water temple arc but possibly up to the hot springs arc.

They're adapting the novel so it'll stop just before the witch arc which will be saved for season 2.

SISTA RIRI

Is there even going to be a second season considering how poorly Pierrot has handled this? I get that Jump is trying to push BC as the next Naruto but from I can gather there hasn't been a huge boost in sales due to the anime. Maybe if all the merch does really well but I'm doubtful.

They are even making fun of themself right ?

hell yeah

How do we kill Boku no Hero Academia BCbro's

I read both and it seems to me like BnHA has had a couple of weak arcs in a row while BC has been getting better recently. Maybe you'll get your wish in a year or two.

It's doing better than Boruto with half the effort. They're going run this for years.

That doesn't mean that the BC anime is a success, it means that Boruto is a disaster.

These things are relative and it's not like Pierrot is going to fold anytime soon.
> You don’t have to run faster than the bear to survive. You just have to outrun the guy next to you.

If they try they can be fucking amazing.

Given how shit MHA is doing post-100ch nobody needs to do anything. It will kill itself.

I look forward to this show more than any others each week.

Yeah but it's not Pierrot producing the anime on their own, it all relies on some kind of production committee composed of the manga publisher, toy and other merch companies, record companies who are looking to advertise their songs and so forth funding the series to further their own interests. I doubt the DVD/BD/streaming sales alone are even able to cover the expenses unless the series is a big hit. If the manga volumes don't get a sales boost and the toys don't get sold no one is going to fund a continuation.

Jesus! Black Clover adaptation make MHA adaptation look like high value

As expected BC fags are ESL

How is it doing shit exactly? It was the 4th best selling manga series in 2017 and its anime received high TV ratings.
inb4
>m-m-muh WSJ rankings!

He's talking about the O MY OVERH- oh wait it's O MY REWIND QUIRK arc. Lowest point in the series so far. All Might vs AfO was the peak and it has been going downhill ever since.

The first 1 half of Internship Arc is great is just that the second half is trash.

People actually watches this crap?

Post chapter 100 its downhill and you know it.

It's not his fault. He planned for a timeskip and then chickened out.

The art and animation are both fucking terrible. When the story/setting is already generic as fuck, you can't afford to cut corners on the presentation.

>Black Clover adaptation make MHA adaptation look like high value
I don't get the joke.

Where in that does it state that?

Oh you mean the arc that's proven that only brainlets who didn't pay attention hated. Funny that virtually everything that was predicted by then turned out wrong yet the arc is still bad according to them.

I love this meme

Yeah Pierrot somehow managed to do about as poorly as with Naruto and much worse than with Bleach. I recall hearing something about the director apologizing on Twatter and asking for help. Funny how they were hired to do a year long series and they're already running into production issues a third of the way through. Makes you wonder how they managed to keep stuff like Bleach and Naruto running for years.

>I don't get the joke.
Black Clover

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How did they manage to drag another episode where they're still in the dungeon.

>it all relies on some kind of production committee
That's almost every series and they make a profit on lesser known series, BC being the next naruto and popular WSJ series alone will bring in tons of fans.

>Funny that virtually everything that was predicted by then turned out wrong
Being unpredictable doesn't make stupid plot Hori pulled out of his ass any better. Overhaul was too OP and his quirk made Tomura look inferior and somehow he still had his ass handed to him by a quirkless Mirio who was protecting Eri at the same time. Nighteye had a quirk that raises questions about whether the BnHA universe is somehow deterministic but it all gets ignored because the only reason he and his quirk were introduced was to set more death flags for All Might. The biggest offender for me was Eri's rewind quirk instantly reversing a person out of existence but somehow if you're accumulating injuries it just happens to cancel out perfectly, all so that Hori could temporarily give Deku more power without having to actually develop him all the way. I hate this new meme about how if you can't predict something it must be really well done and how following any kind of established ideas instantly makes things boring. There is a point to be made about the value of polishing established concepts to draw the most out of them instead of coming up with convoluted twists just to be original. Like eating a standard but masterfully constructed burger versus visiting some new hippie avant garde restaurant where they serve you food you're not even sure is meant for human consumption. Look at something like the sports festival arc which was hardly the most original idea but still managed to be one of the most enjoyable arcs in the series, and it didn't have any broken new quirks being introduced just to make things more intense.

the fuck happened to every BC thread, they barely reach 100, before it all had over 300 replies each thread.

>Nighteye had a quirk that raises questions about whether the BnHA universe is somehow deterministic
Stopped reading right there. The brainlet meme is real

I dropped the anime after episode 4. Did best boy Fuegoleon appear yet? They should be at the zombie invasion arc by now right?

Can you elaborate?

>Stupidasta
If you're going to try to localize "Bakasta", wouldn't it be better to go with "Dumbasta"?

>stops reading halfway through but still doesn't manage to address any of the points raised in the first half
Stop fanboying already. I'm not attacking the series, I'm criticizing it because I enjoy it and want it to get better again. If I simply hated it I wouldn't waste my time reading it and talking about it. Fact of the matter is that the internship arc was weak and the low quality was reflected not only in the threads on Sup Forums but also on that arc's reception in Japan. I'm not the only one who wants Hori to stop with that kind of garbage, but fanboys who can barely catch a breath from all the fellatio they're performing are not helping.

Spoken close to dumpster?

Yep, much better.

Today's episode: bad
Last episode: good

I really have trouble understanding why anyone watches this stuff. I've read a few chapters of the manga and it's the most generic, bland shounen you can imagine. There is absolutely nothing new about it, no subversion of anything, no twist on anything, no new type of character or premise, or magic system, or theme, or anything.

Now I can understand why they make it: it will be a hit in young audience who haven't necessarily seen all of this shit before and as such is a guaranteed success.
But for the people on Sup Forums I can't fathom what the fuck you would find in it. No matter what you like in your manga, there is currently running better alternatives for it.

>weak and the low quality was reflected not only in the threads on Sup Forums but also on that arc's reception in Japan.
Its the best selling arc of the series

>unpredictable
Who said anything about unpredictability? You idiots were just wrong about most of everything you were shitposting about.
>Overhaul was too OP and his quirk made Tomura look inferior and somehow he still had his ass handed to him by a quirkless Mirio who was protecting Eri at the same time
You complain about a quirk being too OP while complaining about it being beaten? Are you legitimately retarded.>Nighteye had a quirk that raises questions about whether the BnHA universe is somehow deterministic but it all gets ignored because the only reason he and his quirk were introduced was to set more death flags for All Might.
You really did speed read through tjis arc didnt you?
>The biggest offender for me was Eri's rewind quirk instantly reversing a person out of existence but somehow if you're accumulating injuries it just happens to cancel out perfectly,
Yeah like how she healed Nighteye right? Why do some many retards think her quirk heals is beyond me at this point.

Jesus Christ the brainlet meme is real

That begins next ep with asta yelling at the knights for noelle.

I read this because I got into anime with Bleach and Naruto back in their early days and BC is similar. It has pretty good art, likable characters and a very fast pace with a big focus on action. It helps that I'm a big fan of non-isekai medieval fantasy so this is right up my alley. In terms of currently running better alternatives I'm also reading Nanatsu no Taizai and I like it more than this, but BC is a pretty fast read so I might as well follow it too. In terms of the criticism I think the whining about it being generic is exaggerated. It follows a fairly established structure but so do basically all other big name shounen with the exception of Hunter x Hunter. People also fail to understand the value of something simple and comfy that goes down easy.

Mimosa an angel

They were just shitposting about the yelling, now they've moved on to other shitposting series.

Is this unironically the best Shonen Jump thing since Bleach?

Nah that's Neverland.

>tfw i unironically like black clover
why did the grimoire absorb the soul reaver tho, does it interpret swords as magic just like yunos absorbed the magic scroll?

Both of the swords belonged to the same guy so they're probably just connected to that grimoire by default.

>fana was voiced by mao
fucking rip, no wonder she sounded so sweet
>belonged to the same guy
isnt this kind of a spoiler? did asta actually summon a grimoire or "stole" it?

she does come back later.

Hey, this was that bnha killer wasn't it.

Well it's not like it's a big reveal at this point. It was just briefly mentioned by some character and hasn't been elaborated on any further yet. The only thing we know is that a long time ago some guy used to wield both swords at once. It's probably going to be fairly important later on.

Noelle is so perfect it hurts

It was. Now we’re on TPN

she's not so great

Fucking hell. How long are they dragging this shit?
And fuck Asta's voice actor and the idiot director who approved of his performance.

Well, if the anime were to hit the witches' forest arc, Mars would show up again and you'd hear more Fana. But I doubt it will. If the people making it have any sense, they'll make sure it covers the water temple arc at least, since it's a high point, but I don't know if they will.

>not Dumbassta
What the fuck. CR didn't even try.

rebecca a best

wew

Why do they look like they attached their adult heads to a kids body?

>Will never be asta and get to have one sit on your face and the other on your dick

It's well executed and has good fights, that's all a battle shounen needs.

>m-m-muh sales
Just because people buy it doesn't make it instantly good

Shouldn’t it be translated as “dumbasta”?

Srly dude, go suck a dick. Sales =/= quality.
Stop being such a fanboy

Klaus looks a little "different"

She apears in the blind date arc too, briefly, but apears

Holy fuck the anime's art style is trash. What a shame. I feel bad for the mangaka at least the dude draws beautiful people.

post good shots/art from the mangas

food girl a cute
still ain't gonna watch or read this shit though

because they literally did.

god i love this fucking shitshow

I tried to find good ones where a lot of people's faces are there to compare with the anime art.
Asta's fighting shots are pretty good but my point is the way the faces are drawn.
The way Tabata draws the characters at least are consistent and look attractive.
In the anime, it seems like the key animator just gave up.

To add to my post there is a character called Vetto (the bearded guy in pic related) who is supposed to look like a gross hairy gorilla; even he is attractive to look at and doesn't make me want to gauge my eyes out.
Also, how did they fuck up Noelle's cute face in the anime?

And I'm sure they're totally going to fuck up Licht's design.

The threads are even better.

It gets better, but it doesn't get good.