Darling in the Franxx

So what's this show truly about? Is the only purpose to roast the salty childhood friend and blame her because of the typical "Bohoo she had more than enough time to suck off the mc's dick but she wasted it! So it's her own fault!Bohoo!" to make the yandere look good? Or is there more to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepin_the_Hunchback
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one knows so far, but nice trips.

Its about cuckoldry
>Ichigo is cucked by 02 and Hiro
>goro is cucked by Ichigo and Hiro
>Ikuno is cucked by Mitsuru and kokoro
>Mitsuru is in turn cucked by 02 and Hiro
>Futoshi is cucked by Mitsuru and kokoro
It's basically California

Can you please explain more about the last theory please?

Strelizia!

it's about being a mediocre A-1 show that's popular now but will be forgotten in 2 years
basically Aldnoah.Zero with more fanservice

Darling in the Franxx - APE as Merovingians?
What we see in Episode 5 is Hiro boldly suggesting that Papa's control of the rain is uncertain, in other words, an insinuation that one day Hiro will control the rain i.e. seize power.

If Hiro is Charlemagne, then we already have a pattern in history where the Merovingians/APE - the "King of the Franks"/ masters of the Franxx system were overthrown by the Carolingians.

> The Merovingians (/ˌmɛroʊˈvJndʒiən/) were a Salian Frankish dynasty that ruled the Franks for nearly 300 years in a region known as Francia in Latin, beginning in the middle of the 5th century. Their territory largely corresponded to ancient Gaul as well as the Roman provinces of Raetia, Germania Superior and the southern part of Germania. Childeric I (c. 457 – 481), the son of Merovech, leader of the Salian Franks, founded the Merovingian dynasty, but it was his famous son Clovis I (481–511) who united all of Gaul under Merovingian rule.

> After the death of Clovis, there were frequent clashes between different branches of the family, but when threatened by its neighbours the Merovingians presented a strong united front.

> During the final century of Merovingian rule, the kings were increasingly pushed into a ceremonial role. The Merovingian rule ended in March 752 when Pope Zachary formally deposed Childeric III.[1][2]

Now, what we see with the arrival of the other squad is a sense of tension - analogous to the disunity of the Franks as demonstrated above. This was due to the crumbling power of the Merovingian Kings/Papa. Already, we're beginning to see some trends of accomodation and weakness on APE's part - they can't simply order 02 around and their focus is on ceremonies. In episode 4, they couldn't even take 02 back to the frontlines - this is extremely close to the Merovingian state of affairs, a loss of centralised power.

Please stop spamming this, it was funny the first time but now it’s just annoying.

I posted it because he literally asked for more of the theory.
That said it is a very amusing theory I'd say. Coincidence or not.

Thanks user.

Fuck off.

samefag

I'm the one who asked to explain the theory you fucktards.

Calm the fuck down with the swearing you rude piece of shit.

>Such damage control
You can leave now.

>damage control from a new IP
Fucking brainlets.

What show hasn't been forgotten after 2 years?

The Ichigo getting bullied is like less than 5% of the show

Nardo

They don't even know what love or lust is, let alone sexuality.

Considering the talk about birds, how they're basically imprisoned in a birdcage by the Papa cult and how 02 mentioned escaping more than once, I'd guess the usual "realizing their condition as slaves and fighting for their freedom" would be one of the main themes...
Then again I thought the scene where Hiro goes "I can't make it rain yet but we'll see" was pretty interesting. Hiro sounds suddenly willing to make requests of or even overthrow the damn government(?) just to please 02, not because he wants to be free or whatever the fuck. so gaining Freedom could be a simple consequence of the Power of Love...
I forgot where I was going with this

But it's at least 30% of the threads content.

About Oni Hiro love.

How the fuck do you get so asspained about people talking shit about a shitty imaginary character?
Your post reeks of passive-aggressive salt, and you pretending you're a neutral observer just make it worse.

Get a fucking grip. People are shitposting about anime girls to kill time, don't get actually emotional about it.

Yes:

Darling in the Franxx - Karling in the Franks?

/his/friend here.

I've got this particularly bizarre theory. Darling in the Franxx is based off of the story of Charlemagne and Desiderata, where Hiro is Charlemagne and Zero-Two is Desiderata:

> "Desiderata, or Ermengarda[1], was one of four daughters of Desiderius, king of the Lombards, and his queen, Ansa. She was married to Charlemagne, king of the Franks, in 770, probably to form a bond between the otherwise enemy states of Francia and Lombardy. The marriage was annulled in 771 and this hurt relations with Lombardy, presaging the war of 774. She had no known children and her ultimate fate is unknown."

The Lombards are the Klaxosaurus. Hiro is Charles before he becomes Charlemagne. He "marries" Zero-Two, a Lombard/Klaxosaur princess and eventually throws her away to invade Lombardy/conquer the Klaxosaurs, eventually becoming Holy Roman Emperor/God-Emperor of Mankind.

Furthermore, what we see here are the other three girls in the back of this image who look suspiciously like Zero-Two. They are the other "three daughters of Desiderius".

What we see is that Charlemagne had at least one illegitimate child, Pepin the Hunchback. This may be interpretated as insinuating that Hiro will engage in sexually unbecoming behaviour in the future, siring a bastard child, who, like Pepin will attempt to rebel against him.

Notice additionally, that the Capetians who succeed the Karlings, had a floral coat of arms - we see very clearly the floral symbolism in Strelitzia and Delphinium. Thus Hiro/Charlemagne's successors will also be floral and might have something to do with the fleurs-de-lis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepin_the_Hunchback

Thank you for reading my crackpot theory.

>So what's this show truly about?
Fidelity. And keeping your chin up in the face of adversity.

Absolute autism. I fucking love it.