Shinji and Asuka had sex

Daily reminder that Asuka used Shinji to cope with her sexual frustration and insecurities over not being seen as a woman by Kaji.

Daily reminder that not only did Asuka kiss Shinji, after Kaji left to drop off drunk Misato, Asuka coaxed Shinji to have sex with her, straining their relationship and causing Asuka to start resenting Shinji and hating herself, leading her to go insane and suicidal.
This caused Shinji to become more emotionally dependant on Asuka, and become frustrated when she refused to show him kindness and affection. This is further exacerbated when she goes catatonic, and explains why he masturbated over Asuka's comatose body.

tl;dr: Asuka and Shinji lost their virginity to each other and both had a shitty first time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This makes way to much sense

Want more? In EoE, there's a brief scene that shows Asuka on top of Shinji in bed. This heavily implies that Shinji and Asuka lost their virginity to each other, that it was a shitty first time, and that Asuka feels disgusting for using Shinji to cope with her sexual frustration over not being accepted by Kaji the way she wanted. This leads her to take out her frustration on Shinji since she can't stand her own weakness. This also explains the scene where Shinji begs Asuka to accept him and Asuka coldly tells him to die, so he strangles Asuka.

I think i will have to dig out my dvd's and rewatch the show, cause I never noticed this stuff.

In this Groundwork scan from EoE, look at the bottom. It shows a rough outline of a figure of a person on top of another, which references the scene in .

The text says the following:
キ上位でSEXの最中に云われてるイメージ

Roughly translated, it says "Make the image say that they're having sex."

The further detailed scene.

The final scene, which made it into the movie.

Let's dig deeper, shall we? Look at the clothes Shinji and Asuka are wearing in the scene in EoE when Shinji strangled Asuka. The viewer is lead to believe that this scene is all introspective in Shinji's mind. Or is it?

In episode 15, the night where Shinji and Asuka kiss (and have sex off screen), they're wearing the EXACT SAME CLOTHES as in the strangle scene.

Now we know for certain that Asuka and Shinji used each other for sex (Asuka to cope with her insecurities, Shinji to cope with his loneliness, and both for their self hatred). But was that all?

In EoE, a guilt ridden Shinji tells Misato that he "Did something terrible to Asuka." At first the viewer thinks Shinji is referring to the jack-off from scene, but we've also determined that it's because Shinji used her for sex.

But what if it's more than that? What if the strangle scene ACTUALLY happened? What if in their brokenness and codependency, Shinji and Asuka physically, mentally, and emotionally harmed each other?

DELETE THIS THREAD ASUKA IS PURE

If they did harm each other, then this ties directly to Eva's citation of the Hedgehog's Dilemma, where in their desire for intimacy and coping with their brokenness and self hatred, Shinji and Asuka hurt each other.

In the final scene of EoE when Shinji strangled Asuka again, Asuka finally responded with warmth and affection and caresses Shinji's cheek. After Instrumentality, they finally understand each other and accept each other.

And that's the Crux of Anno's message: we're all broken and flawed human beings that can and often do hurt each other, but we're not meant to be alone and we can also show genuine love and affection for each other.

actually kinda plausible tbqhdesufampai. Guess I'll watch this shit again before 4.0

She's not pure, because in Evangelion, NOBODY is pure, just like people are in real life.

>before 4.0

old news youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA

I'll watch it after, I'll post here then, see ya!

i agree desu but i feel like asuka going insane and suicidal had more to do with her inferiority superiority complex over shinji and being the best at everything than her using him for sex

She was a tsundere, shinji didn't understand it, the final part it's him understanding the tsundere personality, hostile on the outside but with feelings inside.

Makes too much sense and it bothers me for not noticing that before. Sup Forums always finds a way to make me watch Eva again, oh well

That's exactly right. I'm saying that the sex also contributed to that.

>after Kaji left to drop off drunk Misato, Asuka coaxed Shinji
does anyone have a video or episode number where this happens.

It's more likely that they had sex in the middle of the night, while Asuka was wallowing in suffering and neediness after the botched kiss.

It's amazing the lack of understanding you must have of NGE and it's characters to believe this even for a second.

>anyone has footage of Asuka raping Shinji ? think I missed it while watching the show.
Episode 15

I love those "u didnt understand" posts that add nothing to the discussion.

Isn't it you who lacks understanding?

What do you think she's talking about in this?

Jesus. This and this whole fucking thread.

Thanks for ruining my waifu, Anno.

Nah, thanks for giving me a reason to rewatch the series again.

Every time I read someone going over and over about this, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Please stop.

They just kissed, i dont see any indication of them having sex.

You're right OP. I never gathered the clues but it was always implied that they had sex, it also adds a layer to the ending.

It's funny since a single line in EoE disproves the enitre theory.
Pic is in reference to Misato and Kaji having sex.

> why is there no direct indication of two 14 years old having sex in a 90's anime ?

> I wonder if I'll do the kind of things Misato does when I grow up ?
Like having fulfilling sex ?

probably because it never happened.

No, it's in reference to Misato using men to feel good about herself. Right before that line Misato talks about how it makes her feel needed.

Watch the ending of , that line is addressed.

There actually is indication of them having sex. Namely, the scene where they fuck each other on screen.

that never happened

>Drunk slobby homebody who's only had shitty relationships
>Fulfilling sex

> Don't mind, just posting screenshots of scenes that never happened.

That's kind of the point. Eva is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable in its introspection on human psychology.

Sure it did, just like the scene of Misato and Kaji having sex is a flashback.

thats at the end of the movie, they arent even human anymore.

Read the thread moron.

>relationships
>implying she ever fucked anyone other than Kaji
>implying a week long sex marathon with the person you love isn't fulfilling
kissless escapists virgins shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion about well-written adult relationships

Eva is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable in its introspection on reading a couple of articles about human psychology and not really understanding it on an academic level*
FTFY

Then why are they fucking in instrumentality if they never had sex ?

It's a flashback you dense fuck. It's implied that it REALLY HAPPENED.

Has more to do with me personally than the psychology of those in the show. Still, agreed.

>academic understanding
>human psychology

You have to be retarded to see the line as such, Rewatch the actual scene. If you can't understand such a simple scene it's pointless to try to explain it.
Everything in that scene points to both Shinji and Asuka being virgins, both the way shinji acts and what they both say. If they actually had sex and especially if it was shitty, there is no way this scene would be like it was.

Agreed. This whole theory is a load of bullshit

>the end is a flashback
its obvious you dont even understand whats happening

> you have to understand
> dude just watch it lmao
>I'm not gonna explain it lol if you don't understand without explanations it's no use explaining lol
> everything points to them being virgins but I'm not gonna say what I imply by "everything"
> I'm too intelligent for that lol
> it wouldn't be like that because reasons

>lol this

>but u just dont understand

Please somebody just write a single fucking arugment.

give me an episode number and timestamp

>academic
>psychology
>understanding
>anything

EoE around an hour, get the exact timestamp yourself
also
> everything need to happen on screen and clearly and explicitly referenced in unambiguous dialogues otherwise it's not happening at all lol
> theory discarded I don't want to read arguments because I didn't see it on screen lol

Brainlets out.

Because thoughts become reality? It's an extension of the masturbation scene, dumbass.

Ok. First of Shinji reaction to Misato having sex is like a child who finds out that his mother is having sex for the first time. Secondly Asuka talks about it longingly and mentions twice that it is an adult thing, something she wouldn't do if she had have awful sex with Shinji. And the entire act is set up as such as if Shinji wasn't entierly familiar with the concept by having both Asuka and Misato explain it to him.

Hey I'll have you know I read an article about the Hedgehog's Dilemma and regression so I'm basically an expert on all of it, and my show is going to look so smart when I shoehorn those words I'm constantly

>Because thoughts become reality? It's an extension of the masturbation scene, dumbass.
Yes because Asuka was so active and conscious during the masturbation scene, this dialogue between them is clearly a continuation of the scene showing Shinji at his lowest point, it makes perfect sense.
Wait, what ?

It happens after the scene in End of Evangelion where shota Shinji stomps on his Geofront sandcastle in the park.

Asuka and Shinji having sex really goes against one of Asuka's core themes - that she is a child that fancies herself an adult.

The show is also quite clear when two people are involved in a sexual relationship. It isn't clear at all that Shinji and Asuka have had sex. There really isn't a reason for the show to obtuse about it, and I don't social mores changed in Japan from the end of Evangelion to the release of EoE regarding 14-year old relationships.

I think Asuka's breakdown comes from the fact that, in her mind, she is brutally rejected by Shinji, who is the only other person on the planet is who remotely similar to her. She is head over heels for Shinji, she doesn't know why, but she tries to put herself out there and gets hurt. (Of course, we later learn that Shinji feels the same way, but doesn't know how approach her). Its also completely against her character to be brutally rejected/disgusted and then coming back for seconds on the same night. Her character has more pride than that.

It's a shared thought. They are a single being. Asuka was aware, you idiot.

You sound like an angry Philosophy major. You should reflect about the things you've posted.

>First of Shinji reaction to Misato having sex is like a child who finds out that his mother is having sex for the first time.
Yes.
>Secondly Asuka talks about it longingly and mentions twice that it is an adult thing
Yes.
But in both cases, we have Shinji and Asuka reacting to Misato and Kaji having loving passionate sex, somehting neither of them experienced, and something neither of them would suspect the existence of if they had such a shitty first time.
The point is that sex isn't a magic wand that automatically fixes and betters human relationships.
Of course it ultimately all rests on interpreting these scenes, but I really doin't see these lines as definitive unequivocal proofs against this theory.

Instrumentality isn't on at this point, they are not one yet. And the fact she knows about the masturbation scene doesn't make this one a "continuation" (whatever is that supposed to mean) of the masturbation scene.
Fucking edgy brainlets.

Just an English major who knows when someone is a hack

If they had recently had horrifically awkward uncomfortable sex, and hearing any two people having sex, loving or no, would be incredibly embarrassing to fourteen year olds, and they weren't very embarrassed

Or rather, one who's annoyed the human psyche can be discussed without any sort of schooling or degree seeing how its more personal than anything else.

>Guize I just read Freud for the first time lmao Hedgehod Dilemma is not an original concept, Anno is such a hack amitrite ? btw regression lmao !
Fuck off and rewatch EoE.

>they weren't very embarrassed
You said yourself they were ? At the very least Shinji clearly is.

Trying to discuss Evangelion on Sup Forums is torture

So many people have barely completed one watching, yet they think they know everything.

Watch this: You're right in how she's a child who fancies herself an adult, but she ends up having a rude awakening and loses her innocence.

Shinji and Asuka's relationship is told through subtext, most likely because Anno was forbidden to explicitly depict minors having sex on TV. REMEMBER that EVA was airing on primetime, and there was only so much Anno could get away with.

>I think Asuka's breakdown comes from the fact that, in her mind, she is brutally rejected by Shinji, who is the only other person on the planet is who remotely similar to her.
Wrong. She is rejected, at least romantically, by Kaji. Shinji doesn't reject Asuka. He's desperately trying to be loved by her and anyone since he's woefully broken and alone.

>She is head over heels for Shinji, she doesn't know why, but she tries to put herself out there and gets hurt. (Of course, we later learn that Shinji feels the same way, but doesn't know how approach her).
She realizes this, yes, but only after being rejected by Kaji. In her own loneliness she takes advantage of Shinji's loneliness and hates herself for it.

>Its also completely against her character to be brutally rejected/disgusted and then coming back for seconds on the same night. Her character has more pride than that.
She went for Shinji to cope for being rejected by Kaji. She has pride, but that's what causes her to go insane due to her insecurity. She's also confused over how she's developed feelings for Shinji, someone she can't stand since he reminds her too much of her own insecurities. Her pride as an EVA pilot is an outer shell to cope with her insecurity and self hatred. When she's rejected by Kaji and uses Shinji (coupled with Shinji improving as a pilot over Asuka), it broke down that shell and caused her to go insane.

>an English major
That's even worse.

>Asuka and Shinji having sex really goes against one of Asuka's core themes - that she is a child that fancies herself an adult.
Actually her having a "failed" shitty first time after trying to initiate sex with Shinji is a perfect illustration of this theme no ?

It's also the fact that she lost her virginity to a child, which reflects childishly on her as well.

This would all explain why her last line in the movie was How Disgusting.

Shinji is looking at Misato with contempt something very strange for someone who he himself had sex not so long ago. And they are talking about the act of sex alongside the reasons for doing it and not once is having bad sex or doing it the wrong way or for the wrong reason even mentioned, something that would have been refrenced if the scene was about Shinji and Asuka wittnessing actual healthy sex as compared to the bad one they supposedly had.
Also why woould they be explaining to Shinji the reasons people have sex if Asuka and Shinji did have sex for the same reasons earlier.

I wonder, if someone masturbates to you after you've already had sex (with you as the initiator), what you might feel.

>At last Anno asked me "Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn't. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?" I had been thinking he was a strange man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought "Disgusting". And then he sighed and said "... thought as much." He said "I thought as much."'

Shinji doesn't reject Asuka, but she sure does feel like he did though.

That quote doesn't really fit with the situation you posted though.

??Anta baka??

Pretty much. Hers and Shinji's entire being was laid bare to each other, so they now completely understand each other's faults. They're disgusted by each other, but they accept each other nonetheless because they're co-dependent and need each other. Plus they learn that they genuinely love each other despite all their flaws.

>someone you've already had sex with
>a stranger walks into your room...

>something that would have been refrenced
No, I'm not sure it would, Anno is not one to make things easy and unambiguous, and certainly not around Asuka and Shinji. This whole scene doesn't have one clear unambiguous line, they all are double edged.

>Also why would they be explaining to Shinji the reasons people have sex if Asuka and Shinji did have sex for the same reasons earlier.
Pretty simply because 14 years old don't think like that at all, 14 years old don't have any experience either in sex or in relationships.
And even moreso when they had a disappointing first time at that age.

>Just an English major
Get out of here and work on that paper about how a blue door means the author is suicidal

>Someone you spent the last few months living with
>a stranger wlaks into your room...
The fact he's a "stranger" is because Asuka is comatose and doesn(t know who this is. She does learn it was Shinji in instrumentality.

Anno was clearly coaching her to have a specifically hostile response. Obviously Shinji isn't a stranger to Asuka in any context.

She doesn't know anything about any of it. There's no "stranger" part here. Only Shinji jerking it.

That's what I'm getting it at. If Anno had laid out a more similar situation, her response might have been different.

It does if you're a woman who was blackmailed into having sex with Harvey Weinstein, and then following sex Harvey jacks it over your body while you sleep and you wake up the next day filled with cum and regret.

It would make sense also when she starts getting mad as fuck at Rei and Shinji getting closer to one another near the end of the series. Shit reminds me of High school.

Many of the scenes which appear on the first watching to be about Asuka wanting Shinji to be less sexual, are actually probably about Asuka wanting Shinji to stop hiding his libido.

The wording here is very important and many people gloss over it. Some people even mistake that this line is about possessiveness.

>If I can't have every part of you, I don't want any piece whatsoever!

Easy to think that line is about exclusivity/possessiveness until you take into account what she talked about literally two seconds before (Shinji secretly masturbating to her.)

Would everything just have been solved if Kaiji committed a little statutory

Probably would have exacerbated the issue

It would be more childish if she lost her virginity with Kaji for example, since her fancy for him is a teenage girl fad.
It's not the fact that she had sex with a "child" (Shinji is her age after all), but rather that she tried having sex to feel good like a grownup when she just wasn't emotionally ready for the act itself as well as the implications in terms of relationship.
If she and Shinji had sex but are still completely unable to open to each other, sex isn't a magical relationship enhancer and escaping into it is just as bad as escaping into solitude. Which is one of the central themes of NGE.

at least she would've left shinji alone and not caused him unneeded strife.

>implying the strife was unneeded
>implying Shinji didn't ultimately grow up thanks to it
>implying she wouldn't have turned into a desperate slut looking to hook up at any cost with the only guy her age she kinda respects to feel better about herself when Kaji would have left her for Misato
Kaji did the right thing.

Roman Polanski, why are you shitposting on Sup Forums?

It's basically because Asuka wanted to have sex for all the wrong reasons. To be an adult (adults don't need their mama,) to feel useful (and not be thrown away for a doll,) etc.
She views sex as just another accomplishment to tick on her list of prodigious successes that she hopes will make people love her like mama didn't.

The fundamental trouble with Asuka is that she needs that special maternal love, the without-reason kind, and she's never going to be satisfied with for-some-reason love that's only granted because she's pretty or smart or successful or popular or whatever else. She tried to get that maternal love from Shinji. When she gets angry because he didn't make her bento that morning, it's not because of the food.

To make matters more difficult, Shinji is also looking for motherly affection from her. I guess you could say the very ending of EoE had a little bit of that.

If that's true then Shinji ought to be stripped of his piloting position for having sexually assaulted a coworker.
>#MeToo