Diebuster

I watched it and enjoyed it, even though it wasn't as good as Gunbuster.
So why do people seem to hate on it so much?

Nah, it's the opposite. Diebuster is the better story and brainlets hate on it for not understanding that.

N*stalgiafags are extremely disturbing to me. Not only is Gunbuster highly overrated, Diebuster is better in about every aspect.

Because it wasn't Gunbuster.

Because it wasn't as good as Gunbuster.
>op of the century though

Ah ah ah grooooooovey magic

They hate it because its not gunbuster but instead is an actually good anime.

Gunbuster had a more serious atmosphere, even with the robots. Diebuster is 100% TTGL levels of Super Robot anime.
I like both.

Diebuster is pretty serious too. And it manages to be serious properly, unlike the Rossiu shenanigans in TTGL which come off as if from another anime entirely. So annoying.

So now explain to me how I marathoned both shows back to back my first watch and came out liking Gunbuster more. The only great scene from Diebuster is the ending that's just a conclusion for Gunbuster anyway.

You just got weird taste bud. Objectively diebuster is better but that doesn't mean some people don't prefer awkward 90's subversion.

I actually liked Gunbuster more but I thought Diebuster was also good, but too many people hate on Diebuster and say it isn't good at all even though it was so I have to side with Diebuster to even out the scales.
Nono turns into a completely different character once she is awakened and plus she also just is plain barely in the show anymore after she awakens too, really puts a huge negative on the show. But it was still good.

I love the designs and I still love the OP (I use it as an alarm on my phone from time to time) but aside from the animation I thought the story was just okay. I'm still not done with Gunbuster and similarly, the visuals are lovely (in a different way, but I love the detail) but it's been "just okay" to me as well.

personally i thought it was too childish compared to gunbuster, but i didnt think it was bad

>overrated
A complaint only twelve year olds have.

>nostalgia
I seriously fucking doubt anyone here watched Gunbuster when it originally aired. I also doubt most people here who watched Diebuster watched Gunbuster until after Diebuster existed either.

It was too over the top and ridiculous to take seriously and get invested into, especially towards the end. The last shot connecting the story to Diebuster was pure fanservice but I thought it was a nice way end it. You can see a lot of Diebuster's influence on modern Gainax especially once they made TTGL.

The things that make Gunbuster great are the hard sci-fi setting, astounding character and mechanical animation, prime 80s bishoujo designs, and hot-blooded manly J-pop. None of which are present in Diebuster. I think it's perfectly natural to dislike Diebuster if you really like Gunbuster.

I watched both only a few years ago and still like Gunbsuter way more.

OP here, one of the more compelling arguments I've heard as to why Diebuster is disliked is because what made Gunbuster's ending good for them is in Noriko not knowing what the Earth is like anymore, or how much people have changed, yet they still remember the sacrifice she made; and that Diebuster's ending took all the mystery out of it.
Whatre your thoughts on this interpretation? It's one I can accept personally.

>objectively
>pte
>thinking gunbuster's awkward
You must be 18+ to post here.

I certainly agree with that. It also cheapens it by having pretty much all but two people forget about Noriko.

>it was too over the top
Seriousfags get out. I like both, though.

someone almost got raped tho

Another Top Wo Nerae! thread. Keep the machine running, guys.