Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

Episode 40: 勝利への渇望 – Shōri e no Katsubō
(The Thirst for Victory)
Due to Revolver’s tactics, many of GO Onizuka’s monsters have been destroyed. However, GO’s fighting spirit still does not waver. In order to turn things around, GO summons his powerful ace monster, Gouki – The Giant Ogre!

Cast:
Fujiki Yusaku/Playmaker: Ishige Shoya
Ai: Sakurai Takahiro
Kusanagi Shoichi: Kimura Subaru
Onizuka Go/GO Onizuka: Hamano Daiki
Shima Naoki: Sawashiro Chiharu
Revolver: Takeuchi Shunsuke
GO Onizuka’s Manager: Tsuda Eizo
Orphanage Teacher: Sako Mayumi
Frog/Pigeon: Seki Tomokazu
Extras

Script: 前川 淳 || Maekawa Atsushi
Storyboard: 西田章二 || Nishida Shoji
Direction: 三家本泰美 || Mikamoto Yasumi
Animation Director(s): 佐藤瑞樹, 長谷川一生, || Satou Mizuki , Hasegawa Issei

Episode 41: 欺かれた事実 – Azamukareta Jijitsu
(The Distorted Truth)
With the fate of the world and the truth behind the Lost Incident at stake, Revolver and Playmaker begin their fated final showdown!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fUw3tO0zEAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Poor Go
he already lost without the duel didn't even start

>thirst for victory
Is this what revolver will mock?

He lost since this arc started.

We’re getting closer to Arc-V tier ratings. VRAINS lowest ratings yet and proof the nips are getting impatient with recaps.

the ratings for regular episodes are fine right?

how can you people keep watching this

So we are gonna learn about why they kidnapped kids to play card game.

I find it more enjoyable than Trigger's sex show and Kyoani's shit adaptation this season.

How many recaps have there been by now?

They seriously should have waiting another year for this fucking show, it's a goddamn mess. Even the game as a whole is a mess with how many handtraps you have to run to even stand a chance

4?

For me it is more like stockholm syndrome. Been watching since DM. Season 0 is pretty fun watched the whole thing 3 times.

No wonder if feels like they're popping up all the time.

As long as the "but you still take damage!" meme gets removed or keeped to a miminum I can watch it

Been to busy to see this, has anyone used pendulum, or synchro?

>Go actually dueling someone
I hope Revolver destroy him within 1 episode. Nobody likes him.

Revolver is a pure maiden at heart.
>Genome: Making Chocolate, why me? Who are you going to give it to?
>Revolver: No, thats...
>Dr Kogami: Hey, what happened? Spectre! Spectre! What happened to the Camera?

>pendulum, or synchro
>when most duel is limited to 3 monster zone

At least its going to be a two parter than the 3 parters we've been getting.

If there's another recap before we hit ep50, I'm gonna marathon the whole Arc-V.

Finally Revolver vs Playmaker. I'm expecting mind games, but it's really better to not expect anything.

Been watching Buddyfight in tandem with it. It's not that bad.

>Revolver and Playmaker begin their fated final showdown!

Wouldn't it be neat if they both killed each other and we got a new MC and rival for the rest of the show

Scalie please go.

Yikes. Not even the previous recaps were so low

And maybe we'll get another Yuya.

>Internet nuke goes off while they are both dueling.
>Kusanagi is the new MC.
not sure how that would work out.

VRAINS will become a cooking show with Kusanagi debuting with his signature hotdog.

The adventures of selling hot dogs in a world without modern technology.

I would rather another egao demon we can meme about than a walking plank of wood nobody gives a shit about

I miss Yuya, actually. Yuri and Yugo were pretty cool, too.

Cabbage was the best Yuu.

So we'll see Revolver's face in ep 41, right?

someone post that pissing Blue Angel please

How long did they hide Ruri from us?

She appeared in episode 75, right?

but Ruri wasn't a main character, i think in the climax of the revolver/yusaku duel we'll see revolver's true identity
and my prediction for the duel is that revolver will mope yusaku around till he asspulls Firewall MAX dragon and wins

>not Link 5 - Antivirus Dragon

Yep.

yeah something like that, we don't even have a cover card for Cybernetic Horizon right? then it's settled, we're getting Antivirus Dragon soon.
And i hope Yusaku still loses even with a new link

Who suffered more? Shark man or Imoutou man?

Who would win between Kaiba and Reiji?
I feel like it's Reiji by far.

Kurosaki had a hard life.

Kaiba, by sheer autism.

That ending was such a fuck you to everybody including Yuya and Yuzu, Making Zarc into a didn't do nuthin was the stupidiest thing I ever saw and for it to come out of Yuya's mouth was especially jarring, it didn't feel like Yuya talking at all same with him going gaga over his dad over Yuzu, the only Yuya moment I saw was him telling his mom to shut the fuck up, I seriously wonder what the hell was going on in Arc-V's final stages because by the end of it everybody looked like they just got raped, especially the VAs meanwhile Ono was just sitting there with his zero fucks given face.

>all around me are familiar faces.

Isn't there a really big gap between their cards?

god speed to you user.

Yeah that's why I'm assuming by far. Reiji's deck is pretty good, and I'm not sure if Kaiba's can keep up.

I tried to hold on and continued watching the garbage that was Arc-V into 100 episodes until I dropped it. I have to drop this at 37 episodes. You guys must see how this is gonna be just as bad if not worse than Arc-V right? Don't be delusional. Just give up on Yu-Gi-Oh anime.

Make me

Not in MR4, Kaiba would destroy Reji in that setting as DDD's need the extra deck like net deckers need hand traps

I just mean with everything allowed. Would Kaiba have anything to keep up?

Hyperlink 5

See you tomorrow

Nope, Kaiba has no answer to Reji's signature starting play

Revolver is the best.

It's even worse.

There are many ways to torture yourself than watching that shit.

no not at all.

Well this is the worst Yugioh series ever during the beginning but two thirds of Arc V is still top 5 on the shittiest anime you will ever watch list.

But for VRAINS, the second half of the series is pretty damn easy to fix since the problems revolve around simple elements that every story should always contain.

>Vrainlets

What's the connection between decode and word?

I'm mostly having high expectations while not getting my hopes up to drag myself through this recap fiesta.
It's sad that Vrains is this disappointing since 5D's was really good and I wanted to enjoy another riding yugioh.

You should add the best character from each series being disappointed in stusaku
I'm pretty sure on jesus fudo, SANDA and ruriman but you can always change that

Not even the power of fujos could keep him from having the lowest rated recap out of all of them

How many recaps have there been after episode 21?

How many episodes will Yusaku vs Revolver last? I'd say 3, maybe even more.

How many times did he say playmaker again?

twenty six if I remember those posts correctly.

Their last encounter was 4 episodes.

4-5

Recaps confirmed
Stockholm syndrome.
I admit it.

I'm not leaving!
There is a higher chance a 3d woman wants my dna carrying eggs than me leaving YuGiOh.

this stuff is only going to get worse as time goes on isn't it?

Revolver getting ready for his duel date with Playmaker.

What even is this supposed to be considered?

Under what rock have you been living under?

Do you like my theory Sup Forums?

Arc-V played an extended prank with its b8 and switching.
Vrains pretty much told everyone to not expect anything from the very first episode (like with Zexal but with uglier animation) so no one cares nearly as much either way. It'll be the most ignored Yugioh in Japan, taking the title away from 5D's.

5Ds is getting more fanart than Vrains

Actually all the other series are. I guess the next level of awfulness that is this show has made them appreciate what they had before

I'm not going to wank Zexal hard because it did have a lot of its own issues, but at least it had a semblance of life to it. Vrains is like a 99 year old senior citizen barely clinging to life in an over-sterilized hospital room. Revolver's father is a good mascot for this show

You seem right for the most part

5D's is actually considered good over there though with it getting the highest amount of votes for the 20th Anniversary VJUMP voting.
It was mostly ignored during it's airing time and got appreciated as a good show a lot later.
I can't see the same treatment for Vrains though with all of these recaps.

Would they actually introduce 3 random kids out of nowhere if Blue Angel, Go and Revolver turn out to be red herrings?

I never made any qualitative statements on 5D's though, you dingaling. Only that it got less attention compared to the other series going by its tv audience numbers.

Vrains is also in that weird demographic spot that 5D's was where it's not aggressively targeting younger kids by how the show looks, but it's also not something 13+ year olds are going to care about since it's ultimately a card game commercial in the same family as Vanguard/Buddyfight. Except 5D's pulled off its aesthetic and first impression much better in its first half.

They're all boring, so hopefully yes. Being useless doesn't mean also having to be such a stick in the mud while onscreen.

The first 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! shows were good and the Arc-V threads were fun.
5D's got my hopes up for this franchise by a lot since it was a pretty fun ride.

Makes you really think how Vrains is gonna be seen as when it's finished.
Probably as Yu-Gi-Oh! Recaps.
Or as the last show at the rate we're going

It hadn't gotten gay yet.

Don't worry user I wasn't pointing out on that part too much.
You dumdum.
I was just reminding where it stands by its popularity over there.
It's still nicely done as a kids show with more mature themes and a lot of passion.
It's in the same spot as Digimon Tamers in that regard.

That's pretty sad when you think about it.
Its base plot should amount to something interesting but these recaps don't help at all.

They still have to introduce some of the other missing children from the hanoi project so you're not too far off.
I don't see them outright removing the main cast though.
But we'll see about that in the 2nd OP.

>Cardgames
>Megaman battle network
>VR
I don't know user but the base plot isn't as carrying as you expect it to be

Vrains bores people to tears but Yuya was actually infuriating at times. I've watched a few terrible anime MCs before Arc-V, but it's hard to outdo the egao master.

Makes you really want that hype back from the previous shows.
It all went downhill with smile world for him, and I still don't understand what deep meaning they were trying to sell with it

Shut up

>user had hopes after arc v

I actually expected us to get a good MC this time, similar to atem or yusei but yusaku turns out to be boring while he's constantly MUH FUKUSHU and MUH JUSTICE.
The school parts in vrains are also non-existent so we won't have fun SoL moments, like we had in GX or Zexal.
It was totally forced too how they also had him say "you don't have the right to call yourself a duelist" in his first duel against the KoH goon just like yusei's first duel.
In yusei's case it was how weak cards always have their worth, but yusaku just slapped it as a phrase for beating someone who's evil.

Give in to despair user because this a driving trainwreck
youtube.com/watch?v=fUw3tO0zEAE