Whatever happened to sub groups like coal girls? you never hear Sup Forums talk about them anymore

whatever happened to sub groups like coal girls? you never hear Sup Forums talk about them anymore

cuz horriblesubs is king

fansub is ded

>coalgirls
>sub group

>coalgirls

Wow I had almost forgotten about them

Fansubbing/uploading is dead. There's maybe 5 groups still struggling to stay relevant. It's a sad reflection of how sterile the fanbase has become.

the world is destroying fansubs, the era of fun is over

are you trying to tell me basically that anime is dying?

Please die, dumb frogposter.

I really miss fansubs. Especially the shitty Translators Notes, and the translation variances, and the absolute shitshows like Hadena. They had a delightful amateurish charm about them that added to viewing experience.

why did it end? crunchyroll?

because the people doing the fansubs either got discouraged by all the flaming, or they moved on with their life. When they left, nothing filled their spot because to many people HorribleSubs is already good enough.

Many people can feel sad about fansubs dying, but many people are also the reason why fansubs are as dead as they are now.

well that sucks. did any of them move onto drama's?

that was probbaly a dumb question anyways
i guess i'm nostalgiaan

>Fansubbing/uploading is dead

Fansubs are literally dead. No memes about it.

Yeah, the translation notes were pretty great. I miss this type of thing.

Yes, that's one of the 5 fansub/uploading groups I mentioned. Very how very astute of you. Now piss off.

There aren't even 5 shows worth watching this season. So of course no one is going to bother with seasonal spew.

Those little end notes a.f.k. did for the first season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei with Don't Worry Be Happy playing in the background were lovely. + The detail that went into those chalkboard translations.

>5 shows
What are you even talking about? I said 5 fansub groups. Are you healthy? Does your brain work?

What are you on about? Good season or not he's right that there's only a handful of fansub groups left.

Fuck you Daiz.

>complain to GotWood for hardsubbing this shit

I did, and they told me to eat it.

which one is correct though?

There are so few sub groups because there are so few worthwhile airing shows.

Yeah because there was so much good shit airing when fansubbing was at it's peak.

Don't kid yourself, there was pretty much the same amount of garbage then as there is now.