Jojo

What's the general consensus of part 5?

Other urls found in this thread:

jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Interview_Archive#Vento Aureo Afterword (08/2005)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Completely skippable.

I think Vento Aureo is great, mainly because of Diavolo.

Why do you say that?

Its one of the weaker Jojo's I'd say, and the ending is kind rush, but it is still great and eloquently Jojo's throughout

People who haven't read the new translations hate it so much that they refuse to do so.
People who have read the new translations love it.

Good fights and cast but the pacing is too fast and the MC has the personality of a brick after the first few arcs

I didn't really like it the first time I read it, but my opinion would probably change if I read the new translations. I promise I'll do it at some point.

With that said, even on my first read I thought that Diavolo was a great villain who deserved to win.

shit

Explain further.

Doppio gets me Uppio

I like Abbacchio

Wait a second, I recognize that artstyle.
Is it the same artist who did this?

So did King Crimson

I believe so, can't recall the artist's name though.
Cunt, I was gonna post Scared Doppy.jpg next week

Good until the last few chapters
Fugo leaving the gang was utter bullshit
Bruno best jojo

Not him but judging by the colours, I think it's pretty obvious it's the same artist.

>Fugo leaving the gang was utter bullshit
You and I would've done the same thing in his situation

Joke's on you, I've already done it as we are speaking.

Bruno is best boy

blueno

Nah. I think I remember Araki saying he removed Fugo because PH was too OP, and he planned to have Giorno kill Fugo at one point but changed his mind because it was too dark for Shonen Jump. Can't be fucked to find any sources though so whatever.

I guess my main complaint is that he was underdeveloped and we barely got to see him use his stand which I personally thought was pretty badass. instead we have to read a fucking light novel for more details on him as a character.

Fugo had no real reason to be scared of the boss. His stand had the fucking ability to poison anyone to death, not even King Crimson could've defeated that.

jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Interview_Archive#Vento Aureo Afterword (08/2005)

>There was one part in this fifth series I absolutely had to delete though. An episode I couldn't write at all. In my head, the story went that between Mista, Narancia, Fugo and Abbacchio, there would be a spy working for the boss and betray Giorno and Bucciarati. At first I had decided this traitor to be Fugo, but I couldn't do it.

>My state of mind was so dark that the stories I wrote were becoming more and more evil, but in my heart I was starting to hate this behavior as time passed. Also, my heart broke just thinking about how Bucciarati would feel.

>I absolutely can't understand betrayal from a trusted friend and this is why just thinking about it physically hurt me. I would have accepted any criticism saying that I "hadn't had the guts to do it" as an author, but I assure you I couldn't write that episode no matter what.

>Maybe Giorno would have had to kill Fugo then and I'm sure this would have given a really bad impression to my youngest readers.

Awful. At least Part 1 was inoffensive

>youngest readers
I guess this is why Japan's population is declining.
He's turning all the boys into faggots who don't get wives.

Pretty fun. Great battles and the sense of adventure that I got from part 3 is back but the villain and overall plot left me wanting a bit.

>Also, my heart broke just thinking about how Bucciarati would feel
Damn, Araki really is attached to the characters he creates. That's so cute of him.

Araki is a good boy.

>I guess this is why Japan's population is declining
That's actually Yabuki's fault. Why bother trying 3D women when they have a lot of perfect 2D wives.

Araki is CUTE! CUTE ~

Araki best boy

Gappy makes me happy

Reminder that Araki will unironically die in our lifetime and it could happen before he finishes Part 8.

Joshuu makes ME happy

Wrong. We will die in Araki's lifetime.

I LOVE KIRA

ORAORAORAORAORAORA

MODS ! ! ! DELET THIS

I'm honestly surprised he's still alive and aging so well (in fact, you can't really tell if he's aging or not) but he's been working on this for more than 30 years now. Knowing how hard is to live as a mangaka, you'd think he'd either be retired or dead by this point.

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

>Knowing how hard is to live as a mangaka, you'd think he'd either be retired or dead by this point.
Going to a seinen magazine and working on chapters monthly instead of weekly undoubtedly helped him in that regard. He's also known for taking breaks somewhat frequently so I think he's doing alright health-wise.

Great cast, fights, good JoJo, and interesting villains. Like an user mentioned, it’s a little too fast paced plus the ending felt abrupt and left a few plot holes loose. Other than that, it’s my second favorite part.

When will you jojofags move on to a better series?

@168458048
(you) don't deserve a reply

Did someone say father-daughter incest

No fuck off holy fucking fuckass shit

Post away user! This will save this dying thread!

not him but kek

No. And kill yourself.

Some genuinely fantastic Stands and fights but the weakest villain (when compared to everyone else) and arguably the worst Jojo. Gio looks fantastic but his motivations are ridiculously one-dimensional. Read it for memes, Notorious B.I.G. and Babyface.

I remember someone posting a chart where you could see Araki's first break while working on Jojo, it was midway Part 5 if I remember correctly. When you think about it, doing Parts 1 to 4 with no breaks on a weekly magazine is quite impressive.

This

I can only post so much art though.

How about no?

Is this the most black people appeal shonen ever made?

Too much clothes, we need less

Shut the fuck up you piece of horse shit

No, it's the most Western appeal shonen ever made.

Why so mad?

Can't you at least make yourself easily identifiable so I can filter you? Thanks.

I agree!

And yet he killed almost the entire part 6 cast, I wouldn't be surprised if the cast of part 5 is Araki's favorite.

You’re thinking about dragon ball
>tfw no black BFF who loves jojo

Nope, that's Shigneki no Kyojin. It even has the 6 billion in it and all the other good stuff that comes with it.

Learn to do it yourself, pussy.

Tomorrow's the day, who's your special somebody?

Part 6 is shit so it made sense to kill almost the entire cast.

Are you fucking retarded? Then again, you're an obnoxious incestfag, so I suppose that's a given.

You can't have a black BFF, cracka

>incestfags are dumbass cunts
In other news water is wet

If Araki loves Part 5 so much and Japan in general loves it so much WHY DON'T WE HAVE A FUCKING PART 5 ANIME ALREADY, GOD DAMN IT.

I'm sure your intelligence is high enough to figure out how to filter me even without a trip or name, buddy.

your mom is shit so it made sense to kill almost your entire mom

This was made when Stone Ocean began. Doesn't count.

Make your filenames easily identifiable dipshit. You are so fucking retarded you make an actual retard look smart.

TERENCE

Didn't know my mom was Part 6.

That was before part 6
Who do you think he'd have if it included SO?

Because they're owed by Warner Hoes

Are you really so stupidly mad that you can't realize that I'm refusing to do any of that? But then again, you can't think straight in this moment. Wait for a while and cool off.

Jolyne and Pucci for sure and Jotaro would probably stay there along with DIO too. I don't think anybody else would be there. Weather Report, Anasui, and Emporio were pretty weak characters and while Ermes and FF were cool he could have done better with them.

His stand can also kill his own team just as easily, Fugo can't control it well. And he had no clue what the boss can do other than the fact that he kicked Bruno's ass. With him being such a wild card and Bruno stressing that they had no reason to help him kill the most powerful man in the country, it's no surprise he didn't want to go.

is it possible for an author to have a minor character amongst his favorites?

Pucci. The only thing that saved that part, if you could call it saved, is Pucci. Pucci is good and I'm glad he reset the universe so none of that god awful part ever technically happened.

>shigechi

fair enough, but I was thinking of Rikiel.

Indeed, there is no manga with more cool black people than JoJo. Smokey, Mohammed, every Egyptian...

Araki loves Giorno too much to let Rykiel or any of the other sons into his top characters.

Pocoloco, Pucci (even though his race isn't clear but anyone would think he's black at first)

Good not Great. One of the weaker ones honestly, though it's mainly because it felt rushed in many of its plot points and Giorno's character growth just seems to stop halfway through.

>deliberately ignoring the most important black character in the series

Bruno

However, I got the late shift again this year at my workplace and have to see how people buy last minute gifts. I also don’t have the guts to do the romantic waifu/husbando dinner/present thing that people on Sup Forums did during the holidays.

I knew what it was gonna be the moment I saw "tumblr_"

>don't have the guts
What are you afraid of? nobody will know it's you and nobody knows you here anyway.

Who else but him?