Dragon Ball

What happened to Kamehamehas and energy blasts in general? They used to look so much cooler in Z

youtube.com/watch?v=SFw413DnhcQ&t=1s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBq5BeWT73g
youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5YyYw625Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Czn1Yce9x3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=PTLBEzJQU9M
pa1.narvii.com/6455/13bb0b759a316a930da700a31b2f9687754a34b2_00.gif
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_timeline
youtube.com/watch?v=cA-WIynIzzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shut the FUCK up

Shut your fuck up

ok

They used to be sure kill special moves but thanks to power creep they're just another basic attack, all the DBZ games that let you spam them didnt help either.

I think the Namek saga is my least favorite to re-watch in Z. It's just so long.

Shut the fuck up

Why didn't Yami stop King Piccolo?

Everything in general used to look much better in Z.

what are you guys? 14? Its clearly that the energy blasts dont have the impact that used to have. Not only visually, but audible too, the sound effects were way better. Db Super is a fucking joke.

>Why didn't (any character from a later arc) stop (threat from earlier arc)
Fixed that for you.

Why do people never dodge those? Are they dumb?

>the sound effects were way better
I disagree

So? This wasn't a huge leap from several arcs ago or anything. Why write in Yami and tie him very literally to King Piccolo and more or less make the whole thing his responsibility then not give proper reasoning to failure to intervene?

Why didn't Yami stop King Piccolo?

Impact? over 3 minutes for mere 2 decisions from both characters? Talk about overly stretched dramatic slowdown.

I think they're faster than the anime portrays

They do dodge if they’re fast enough.

Enjoy being wrong then.

> Are they dumb?
Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=DBq5BeWT73g

people on this board are so fucking dumb, like children. Im a illustrator, and i usually lurk on \tv\, but i guess people here understand NOTHING about ART neither direction or cinema, or mood. This scene is amazing in every aspect, and i have not seen anything similar like this in Super. The sound effects are sooo intense, with the original OST, the fucking ligt Exposition with the intense blast, gohan standing while the other thinking it will be the end, cell expression, How they used a low white for the cell kamehameha for the gohan kamehameha appears more, how every music sound stop while the BIG BLAST is reaching gohan, leaving only the kamehameha sound. This is fucking cinematography, photograpy and audio editing, LEARN ART, Superlets, and shut the fuck up.

K im playing fighterz and this game made me realize dragonball is actually pretty hype, i never watched anime before can u weebs tell me a site where i can watch it for free? im gonna watch all of it

here we see a nostalfag thinking a long ass almost filler tier padded scene is better than the Kefla beam surf

>with the original OST
Opinion discarded.

Nigger please, you had the opportunity to post some top tier Wakamoto and you fucked it up.

Lets fix that
youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5YyYw625Y

N E W P A S T A

This, Wakawmoto is god tier and it was nice to hear him again in fighterz.

It was nice, but sometimes it sounds like he tends to phone in some lines nowadays, granted most of the OG DBZ cast are sounding a tad too tired now

I would love if Cell returned just because it would bring Wakamoto back to Dragon Ball

i remember reading somewhere they had to redo the voices for kai because they got rid of the original voice audio, is that true or just stupid internet rumors?

youtube.com/watch?v=Czn1Yce9x3Y
Jap broly was pretty good.

shame they forgot he could speak in the second movie.

Yep, Toei in their infinite wisdom threw away the OG tracks which is why most DBZ rereleases sound like shit, so Kai couldn't just re-use the audio

This may clarify: youtube.com/watch?v=PTLBEzJQU9M

At least we got some good animation out of it.

Also the rare bits of Gohan in his best outfit

> Kefla beam surf
You are actually comparing a cell full power kamehameha against a ssj2 Gohan ultra badass kamehameha in one of the most memorable fights of DragonBall with a fucking kef-a, kla, kela, kayla, who? Beam what? Shut the fuck up kid, go back to your Soyper.
literally children.

>ssj2 Gohan ultra badass kamehameha
cute
>one of the most memorable fights of DragonBall
No lol
They all remember the transformation / beam struggle not the "fight"
Pic related
>wahhh new is bad old better
Funy most people say the surf kamehameha is up there with the IT kamehameha on cell

Gohan vs Cell was a shitty fight with almost no actual blows traded between them. It just devolves into the I STRONGER THAN U thing Dragon Ball is known for, and all that makes is for boring curbstomps.
It doesn't help that side fights in that same arc such as Piccolo vs 17 far outclass it.

I miss the visual effects energy blasts and aura used to have in older anime, now it's all just drawn lines and sometimes things go all sketchy. What killed them? Was it the switch to digital or something else?

But his best outfit was the saiyaman suit minus head gear and cape

How do you throw away audio?

It was memorable because we got to see a villain like cell completely losing his mind and shaken with fear after he angered a 9 year old who told him to not mess with him.

according that video, the tapes from the 80s were soo big and took too much space, so they just synched the audio and video into one and threw away the masters and the tapes over time got worse and worse with aging so the sound quality is shit, there was a solution to fix it because Toei refused to accept the VHS recordings from the fans who got it from the original run which sounded pretty much perfect.

they're physically recorded onto the episode masters (film prints) which are then thrown away

forget Piccolo and 17, Goku vs Cell is shown 5 minutes prior and its much better than Gohan's fight. That said, Father-Son Kamehameha was great

Yes it super iconic but the fight itself was nothing crazy

Yeah and we got to see more of broly's regular ss form which is really underrated.

The attack would have destroyed the planet so dodging would have achieved absolutely nothing.

>9 year old
*11 year old

9 year old, he was 16 when he went to high school.

Sound design, artstyle.
The main two reasons why even genuinely well made animation will always look and feel terrible in super.
Whenever someone tries to show me a DBS scene i can't help but laugh at them believing it doesn't look like trash lmao

I see you are also a man of fine taste

The sound is not as bad as you think
idk how to explain it

no he was a teen when he fought Cell, and a adult when he went to high school

This

shut the fuck up retard

I hope the guest animator that works on this works on the climactic episode.
This guy did Vegeta vs. Toppo too, right?

no, he did Vegeta vs Jiren

fuck i'm exhausted, yeah that's what i meant
i love how he shades shit

dont remember seeing his name for the last episodes, so dont think we will get him doing anything big in the last episodes

Kid Gohan is 4-7.

Teen Gohan is 10-11.

Adult Gohan is 18.

Don't be retarded, google before you make a fool of yourself

right back at you retard.

Why did Cell come back in Perfect form when he exploded in Semi-Perfect?

Putting aside how there was no fucking way he should have survived in the first place, him coming back as a massively Zenkai boosted Semi-Perfect would have made WAY more sense.

I forgot how legit scary transforming into a Super Saiyan can be until I saw this clip.

because plot

that whole bit was bullshit though, seems a SINGLE brain cell of him survived and that was enough to regenerate himself, which not only sounds retarded, why it didn't take longer? say, a day at least

Toriyama hates Semi-Perfect Cell because he looked like a massive retard and Gohan can still beat him with a Zenkai Boost. Perfect form made them equals in Power.

Semi Perfect Cell was Toriyama favorite Cell.

Semi Perfect Cell wouldn't fight Gohan head on. He would pretty much use the explosion, or go full blown Solar Flare to escape from a pissed off kid with Super Saiyan 2.

Yes, that is objectively good animation but still looks like trash
Thanks for proving my point

notice I only posted that Semi perfect Cell was toriyama favorite. I dont care about what ifs

Cinematography got fucked in Super. I'm not talking about animation you birds, I said cinematography. The way everything is laid out, framed and presented to us.

The best example everyone can understand would be Rose and Zamasu vs Goku and Trunks
pa1.narvii.com/6455/13bb0b759a316a930da700a31b2f9687754a34b2_00.gif

Idk if the gif will work but it's that one scene with the spin kick. It's wonderfully animated, really. But it feels like an opening. The Black saga was especially bad for this, the action was way too smooth and fast paced so it felt like "Budokai Tenkaichi 4 Opening" or something with no real impact.

Energy blasts used to have sustain, that Kamehameha felt like it could burn your fucking hand into nothingness if you touched it, with the laser sounds and powerful glow. Also the way everything darkens... I'm shutting up right now, everyone who was going to understand already did by this point. Super gets good animation but it feels like an Abridged series or worse, they think we have the attention span of a toddler and we can't handle tension.

That's right, I'm Fluffgeta

okay heres your (you) chew on that.

Gohan born Age 757

Cell games Age 767

Plus one year in the time chamber

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_timeline

>0:51
Say what you will about the Faulconer score, but that song was always hype as fuck. Whenever it came on, you knew shit was about to go down

Toriyama said hes 16, hes fucking 16. Capiche?

Unless he was born in January 1 of 757 and the cell games were in January 2 of 767. Thats the only way he was EXACTLY 10 years old. But lets ignore what Toriyama and just work on our headcanon.

Nope 11

>Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll
The artstyle cheapens any kind of solid animation, just looks like plastic dolls.

May 18th birthday

May 26th Cell games

Toriyama was lying i guess. keep your spic headcanon.

heres another (you) for you to chew like a good puppy

7 years after the Cell games Gohan is 16. 16-7=9.

Excellent comment fellow redditor

Um
>pushes up glasses
that's actually Super Saiyan 2

Age 774, April 7
Gohan begins enrollment at Orange Star High School.

Gohan is 18 in the buu saga

Shut up bitch, I'll literally kill you

Damn that looks so shit. I grew up on this shit too, but you’re dumb to think dbz looks better

Nothing will top this youtube.com/watch?v=cA-WIynIzzs

You’re deluded

ene, headphone actors, outer science and heat haze days are the only good things to come out of that trash PV series

Its good, but
Kamehameha vs Galick Gun was arguably better.

Damn, are we sure Gohan really fucked up with Cell? It seemed like he knew what he was doing in that scene. Even DB SD shows he could've killed Semi Perfect Cell by using the Kamehameha Wave.

yeah the guy who forgot launch is even a thing, among other things is never going to say something wrong. but keep being stupid, please.

Gohan is the shittiest character in dragon ball but you're still wrong.

It's fine man, just don't be suprised when people don't take DBS seriously.

concession accepted user.

>Damn, are we sure Gohan really fucked up with Cell?
Yes, Gohan wanted him to suffer versus just taking him out. That cost him his arm and his dad.