How much has waifus evolved since Rai Ayanami?

I guess waifuing didn't exist before Evangelion.
You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.

The first time guys wanted anime characters as girlfriends was with Evangelion, which disgusted Hideaki Anno.

In my opinion it evolved a lot.

If you get any girl from Love Live like Maki or Nico. They are on another level of cuteness.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/ZU-LTd_pphYAKJ6QGbf7TQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA)
denofgeek.com/us/culture/hayao-miyazaki/241940/hayao-miyazakis-path-to-studio-ghibli
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rei best girl, always was always will be

exhibit A: The provably wrong fucktard

Rei is still the best.

But
>The first time guys wanted anime characters as girlfriends was with Evangelion, which disgusted Hideaki Anno.

No way. Sailor moon, invader Lum ++ existed a looong time before. Anno is a waifufag himself. Rei is popular in a different way, she's an icon, waifu and best girl.
It's Rei you see whenever people think of Evangelion, but that doesn't mean Anno likes it - in fact he hates it and has tried to ruin Rei ever since without tipping it off to heavily, although everyone is onto him after 3.33.

You seem to have used "waifu" to mean favourite female anime or manga character out of a certain series. Oops!

Don't worry, I've got your back. I suggest that you should learn what it means, by lurking more. Alternatively you could visit a a website more suited to your kind, for example r/anime.

Thanks for reading!

I don't think she's a remarkable waifu material, could you or anyone explain what did you see in her?

>The first time guys wanted anime characters as girlfriends was with Evangelion
This is so disrespectful to Lum.

>Rei was the first waifu
Excuse me but are you retarded

Fuck off Norway

I liked rei

>which disgusted Hideaki Anno.

Another thing Anno has never once commented on. Another retarded American opinion being put into Anno's mouth.

>I guess waifuing didn't exist before Evangelion.
It wasn't as profitable before Evangelion but uh, did you forget about the nations first waifu, Lum?

These are all correct. I hope you've learned your lesson today, OP.
Evangelion is influential, but it did in no way invent "waifus", or "moe". It was popular, and characters like Rei there helped establish new archetypes as popular alternatives to the already very popular "tsundere" and "genki or demure cute girl" types.
Japanese cartoons are based heavily on exaggerated expression, so a deadpan character that hardly showed expressions like Rei wasn't really part of the main course until after EVA.

Depends on what you mean by waifu material. Rei is in no way a "pure, undamaged perfect girl", quite the opposite. She's traumatized, is at best half-human, and her character arc inolves even more trauma. Thing is, Rei has a good character, a mysterious one that it's fun to think about and play with as a fan. She's very strong but also very vulnerable, she's a good girl that just needs a hug and appreciation. That's attractive to people who have waifus in general.

Rei is none of the things you said about her, she's very boring. People like her because she's small, submissive, quiet, and has big breasts.

there have been a lot of advances in the field of toilet design

This

>butthurt rei-haters
Rei doesn't even have big breasts.

Hating would require an emotional attachment, which I have none of in regards to the drawing named Rei.

They are like H-cups, you serious?

What about the drawing named Crayolasuka?

>tfw no personal fuckdoll to grope whenever you want
Gendo is living the life.

There's been thousands of big-breasted, submissive and quiet characters that none come even close to match Rei's popularity. Rei doesn't have big breasts either, she's supposed to be 14 or so. Before Rei as well. Truth is, Rei is simply a great character in a great show.
I get the feeling you're simply trying to troll, god knows there's a lot of insecure Asuka fans out there who don't like how Rei became a pop culture phenomenon - while Asuka didn't.

>Rei get on you knees and suck my dick
>yes, commander.
>now bend over
>yes commander

That was for work and not pleasure, though.
Though, that's not to say he didn't enjoy it.

>butthurt Asukafag being jealous of Rei
Never gets old.

Fuck that's hot

Asuka fans
>ancient Sup Forumsutists
>certifiable geniuses (much like asuka herself,) responsible for the majority of NGE's lore being figured out
>damaged people yearning to pair with a symmetrically damaged person to form a complementary whole
>highly positive and focused, virtually all posts are praise of asuka or deep analyses of the evangelion

Rei fans
>discord teens
>unable to empathize with any of the characters who are damaged, so they pick the undamaged perfect one fit for normalfaggots
>bitter, highly neurotic. despise evangelion because rei canonically lost in both NGE and Rebuild
>only post about NGE to bash asuka or the show in general, constantly crying

>asukafag having to make up fan fiction in order to escape from the fact that Asuka is shit

Guess what, I don't have to fanwank that Asuka lusted for old man cock. It happened in the canon.

I like Asuka with Kaworu

>Rei, keep quiet while I fuck you
>ah, y-yes, commander

>misusing waifu
So, Evafags are ironic weebs?

Stop, my dick can only get so erect.

Now I need to go read Mogudan's Rei doujins.

yes, but Rei literally existed to lust for old man cock.

>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.

>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.
Those who forget history truly are doomed.

Rei fans, did you know that part of Yui is inside of Rei?
That's the reason for this scene!

>it's this autist again
boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/ZU-LTd_pphYAKJ6QGbf7TQ/

Asuka's first and only kiss: Shinji
Asuka's first and only sex: Shinji (youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA)

Rei's first and only kiss: no one
Rei's first and only sex: fisted by Gendo as he impregnated her with the embryo of Adam ()

It looks to me like Asuka's credentials are better.

Never does in the series or EoE. You're just projecting, asukafag. Is your entire life going on Sup Forums and hating on Rei because she's a better character and you're afraid of her?

wow

>ywn hear Rei's soft whimpery moans as she tries to be as quiet as possible and not sound like a ravenous slut because Ikari ordered her not to make noise while fucking her in his office.

>Released By Toei Animation in 1958, The Tale Of The White Serpent (or Hakujaden) was Japan's first feature-length, color anime. Based on a Chinese folktale, it's about a young boy who falls in love with a snake goddess in human form. Miyazaki was still a high school teenager when he saw the film, and its impact was profound; he went back to the cinema to see it several times, and later admitted that he "fell in love" with Bai-Nang, the snake goddess

denofgeek.com/us/culture/hayao-miyazaki/241940/hayao-miyazakis-path-to-studio-ghibli

Rei is 4'9, there's physically no way she could handle sex with Gendo.

>read my fanfics that I wrote because I can't accept that canon Asuka is shit!

Really? The absolute state of Asuka fans.

>she's literally a loli version of gendo's wife
>literally only exists because an old man missed his cocksock

there you go, Reifag. Face reality. It's been over 20 years.

She takes his cock like a champ

Pictured: a young reifag admiring his waifu

Uh, She only had sex with Kaworu sweetie

It's been 20 years, and Asukafags are so butthurt they spam down a thread because they're discontent Asuka lost to Rei.

I feel sorry for Reifags whenever the bants start. It's painfully obvious they don't want to fight and are bad at it. This is like when a culture of hot blooded savages invades their neighboring country of quiet peaceful folk.

>it's the delusional Asukafag pushing his failed ship again

The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all-Hideaki Anno
Asuka for the win!

>can't accept the fact that Rei is only a sex doll for Gendo
>even if she dies they just pull another out of the freezer

the shameful state of Reifags these days

You can't deny reality.

This isn't even banter, it's just crazy butthurt hatred. It's like Rei cored them so hard that they've devoted their lives to attacking her. I can tell that there's repeat customers in this thread who hate Rei, there's the toiletposting Asukafag, there's the Asuka-shipping crazy, and there's the insane Kaworufag.

>Shinji is my current self.
>I prefer Asuka, because she's cute.

What did Hideaki Anno mean by that?

But Kaworu is Anno's husbando, so he'll pair him with Asuka.

I was at home depot the other day and I thought I'd check out their selection of Reis. All in the toilet aisle, of course.

I consider myself an Asukafag, I just despise Shinji so I want Asuka with Kaworu because he's better for self-insert purposes.

mari is the only one who can fuck Asuka. preferably doggy style.

Kaworu is a terrible person. He killed billions of people. He can never understand a human on even the most basic level. He is unable to love as a human loves.

Just keep all of that in mind.

>interesting evangelion thread devolves into waifu war
>404
>autism move to another thread with an eva character and pick up where it left off
BRAVO JANNIES

>self-inserting as a nigh-flawless pretty boy
What's the point of self-inserting as a character that's your polar opposite?

And in all of this, Asuka was just using Shinji as a way of coping with not getting Kaji.

>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon
You're right, for me it was Sailor Mercury.

He's a chad who doesn't give a fuck about retarded humans.
Hitler also killed a lot of people, doesn't mean he was bad.
Sounds perfect to me. He will save Asuka and together they'll rid the world of Jews like Rei and homosexuals like Shinji.

Permabanning Asuka and Kaworu fans would permanently solve all problems with Sup Forums and Evangelion threads.

>Fanfiction thread
>interesting

I'd rather self-insert as the smug chad immortal god than some transvestite looking fag such as Shinji

Asuka never had any genuine interest in Kaji, she wanted to use him to feel like an adult.

Water under the bridge by the end of EoE anyway. Kaji is back in instrumentality, Shinji is at Hakone stargazing. Guess where she went.

You mean Rei and Kaworu

Shinji looks like an ugly passive tranny in all these images.

Just another reason why Asuka belongs with Kaworu. At least he'd fuck Asuka and look happy doing it.

No, I meant what I said. It's every damned thread with you people. You don't even like Evangelion.

>small
?
>submissive
To who besides her superiors? She fucks up Gendo, so I don't see how that works as an appeal. Shinji isn't dominant and she lets Asuka be a noisy bitch until she goes too far like that one time Shinji was stuck.
>quiet
Nothing wrong with that. Many people prefer silent, introspective, enigmatic, and gets shit done, as opposed to loud, obnoxious, and fucks shit up. Everything has its place.
>big breasts
Are you serious? I'm serious when I say this, the original Eva girls aren't drawn very erotically.

I love Evangelion and don't really like the 'waifu warring', but if you let these people run unopposed they make the thread ugly to look at. I'm happy to assblast them until they stop posting.

Yes I do. I just don't like Rei (Eva would be even better without her t b h)

>never had any genuine interest in Kaji
>tries to commit suicide the moment Shinji breaks the news that Kaji is gone
Now, that's just stupid.

Notice how you're the only one in these threads pro-Rei.

>I'm serious when I say this, the original Eva girls aren't drawn very erotically.

That's just a lie.

user, people have had waifu's since Sally the Witch
I'm pretty there are accounts of people sending actual love letters to her

She didn't try to commit suicide, she just gave up. It was rust in the tub.
That was a camel on the straw's back, or however that adage goes. Obviously there were MANY things wrong at that point.

> the line on the right spot with the shadow drawing the shape of her pusy
hnng

The Asuka and Kaworufags? Be my guest. It won't help.

Yeah precisely. You hate a large part of Evangelion. You're sick and ned help.

As its discoverer we should christen it the Asuka bone.

>no boobs, thigh or ass
>erotic
this is what erotic is

>Rei
>a large part of Evangelion
HAHAHAHAHAHA
The bitch barely even shows up! Anno even forgot she existed because she was so insignificant.

>She didn't try to commit suicide
She's was just chilling naked in a rusty tub with her arms down for no good reason sure.
The pose, the tub, the nakedness, all of this is unambiguously to reinforce the idea that she's totally not trying to kill herself.

You're right, but these people- there's no arguing with them. They're dead-set on hating on Rei and spreading lies and bullshit to the point of threads getting deleted and their IP's banned, just do to it all over again.

Asuka and Kaworu fans are the worst cancer on this earth.

Asuka has plenty of breast depending on who's drawing her.

Yet he made Rei develop for six episode before introducing Asuka, and made Rei a major part of the plot and Shinji's positive development. You're relying on an exaggeration to push your point, Anno himself says he worked on Rei afterwards, and the results shows.

You're simply mad Rei is better than Asuka.

>She didn't try to commit suicide
Yes she did. You see she has an IV and bandages around her wrist in the EoE scene

I don't know what you're talking about, there are other pro-Rei posts here. I'm a Misato fan, I just hate retards which is what Eva threads are for apparently.
Characters look good but 'normal', not very erotic, far from all the erotic fan depictions.

No, she isn't trying to kill herself. Asuka will never kill herself, it's a formative element of her character.
The reason she's in a tub is pic related.

Fuck off, unironical waifufags like you are the worst, most people just like Asuka or Rei or whoever and don't spend half their days shitposting about it.

>he made Rei develop
She smiles once.
Wow, such a great character.

>I'm a Misato fan
Holy shit. Fuck off Norway.

Just keep reminding them that regardless of what they spew and say, Rei is still a lot better than Asuka (not to mention Kaworu!) in the original series and EoE. That's why they all have to write their own fanfiction to fill in the gaps of their broken characters.
Rei, Shinji, they were great as is. Characters with meaning and good development. Not that Asuka wasn't good, or didn't have meaning, but she just didn't encapsulate the progression and hope Rei did.

The wrist is simply where you put an IV. A bandage goes over the IV insertion point. It was rust in the tub, you have a terrible eye for cinema and did not understand Asuka's character.

>unironical waifufags
This is Sup Forums, Sup Forums babby. Crawl back to your shithole.

Oh please. If you were right, we wouldn't be seeing this shitstorm. It's basically (you) and some other waifufag shitting things up, andyou calling anyone else a waifufag is just ironic.

She went comatose in the first place because she lost too much blood by trying to kill herself.
She's the very representation of negative escapism.

>1 inch close up for split second
Doesn't count, considering she's b cup at best in 98% of her scenes.