Haibane Renmei

Have just finished this show. Liked it. What are your thoughts?

Came for the comfy, stayed for the suffering. Great ending.

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

That was shit, especially the random, jarring fanservice episode.

Miyazaki looks like Michael Bay compared to this fucking boring shit called "Haibane Renmei"

not lewd enough

also they stole the main character from Lain which is honestly completely unacceptable

Problem?

Rakka is love, Rakka is life.

Amen

gg

ABe is obsessed with that character. What did you expect?

>he doesn't know

The character art and designs were pretty bad, as was allot of the animation. The story was also fairly contrived in how it had to use Rakka not getting useful information just so she could suffer over not knowing later on. Rekki's hidden motivation was'nt all that well demonstrated, we just got that idea about her character thrown at us at the end through dialogue, which was kind of sloppy.

It has nice background art, pacing, and themes though. And it did an excellent job not over explaining the setting, instead allowing obtuse mythology to give the questions about the world some answers, but leave the mysterious element of the journey through the story intact, which helps it connect with real existential questions that don't have cut and dry answers. The characters themselves were very easy to empathize with too, which was nice.

Ultimately it was a good but heavily flawed show.

Pretty depressing, but not in a good way. Still a 7/10 show, pretty unique, but not as great as Texhnolyze or as, uh, "out there", as Lain.

I honestly don't know which episode you're talking about.

Still my favorite anime.

I didn't like it. Was boring as shit, and I hated every single character.

maximum cute
I don't find that the animation detracts from the show, even though it was clearly produced on a low budget

>ywn bang Rakka doggystyle while grabbing one of her wings with one hand and her halo in the other hand

The series has some strong worldbuilding, really wanted the anime to be longer so they could provide more answers about the town, what lies beyond the walls, more about the Toga, more about the Haibanes, lore in general

Hikari a best

I can't fap to angels.

In general I agree but I actually really liked the artstyle (the animation was pretty mediocre for the most part though) and european architecture aesthetic.
I also never felt like Rakka was missing info for any important reason? The characters told her what she wanted to know when she needed it. She didn't need to know about Reki's past and the theories about the walls because they didn't begin to affect her until her wings began to darken. There's also no reason for her to understand the personal issues between Reki and the Haibane at Abandoned Factory until it began to affect her.

Eh, I feel like that would kill a lot of the appeal of the series. It doesn't beat us over the head with the meaning behind it symbols. It leaves us enough to make solid interpretations and leaves enough in the dark to maintain that feeling of the mysterious and unknown that surrounds the melancholic world of the dead within the walls.

I loved it. I had read Hard boiled wonderland shortly before and couldn't help but appreciate how the creator took influence from it

That's the point, we don't know what's going on and neither does the protagonist. We learn about the world along with her, and even at the end there are many unanswered questions which help to shroud the whole experience in a veil of mystery.

Habanero Reimei was good, but not as good as everyone makes it to be desu

I didn't mind it in HR, but NieA blueballed me a fucking lot with the unexplained stuff surrounding the aliens with antennas and the giant UFO.

To me the animation really added to the worn-out look of the whole show, like you were looking at an old photograph.

I was primarily thinking of Kuu's flight beyond the walls, how they just happened to not explain to Rakka that that was a thing and she had to suffer because "oh well it hadn't happened in a while so we forgot to mention it to you", I was'nt at all convinced by that. And I do think that telling her exactly why not touching wall was a good idea would be sensible and par the course, instead of just commanding her to not go near it without explaining to her why, just for her to suffer later by doing it. Reki knew exactly what would happen, and could have motivated not touching it a lot better. I agree that Rakka knowing about Reki's past was'nt necessary until it became relevant to her though.

Dull shit

yes, that describes your opinion perfectly

Maybe you're just not a good gauge of how good things are

or a good gauge at how people feel about things

EVER THINK OF THAT HUH YOU LITTLE SHIT????

My favorite anime.
Rakka is cute
Rekki is cute
Rekki's senpai is cute
Can't pick one..