Boruto: Next Generation

So what killed the hype, if there was any? Is this the GT of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

dsgstng.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SP killed it, but it was trash to begin with.

>being hyped for a Nardo continuation to begin with

Certain fagboys making every thread revolve around a certain character instead of talking about the show. on top of that trannies, people who hate naruto just because it's naruto. and DBSfags came to shitpost. That storm of autism makes discussion of this show impossible.

Current arc and lack of Hawawa killed the threads.

It actually improved them, less Sumirefags and Saladfags fighting.

Threads are dead m8.

Now Konoha 12 bullshit killed the series.

>lack of Hawawa killed the threads

At least we now have confirmation on what the source for all the shit in these threads were. I prefer a dead thread to the alternative honestly.

>so what killed the hype
The new arc about Shikadai and his gay friend. Normal SoL episodes would be better then this shit

No plot, no stakes, no character motivations other than Salad wanting to be ninja president (which Naruto already did) and no backstories whatsoever other than "I live a happy comfortable life with my rich war hero parents".

The only thing it had going on for it are the character interactions which were a huge improvement compared to the absolute lack of them in the original series but they can't carry a show with no plot around them.

>Boruto
What the fuck, I thought it was a parody with a name like that.

i like the kids, they remind me of my nephews and nieces (im the only one not married or with kids) and reminds me what it was like as a kid. others havent given me this kinda feels. all anime is trash so idc anymore. plot is gay tho

I know it's shit, but I still watching just for the nostalgia when i liked shit animes.

Shikadai was a mistake, they should have retconned his personality like they did with Bort's.

Look I'm going to keep it 100 right now alright so if you can't handle it just stop reading. Boruto is currently doing a 6 episode arc with little to no significance. I'm sure this will be a reality check for Boruto about how unfair the real world is but lets be honest this arc isn't even about Boruto. Well maybe it was at the start but suddenly its turned into a Shikadai arc.
Again I think this will give everyone involved some decent character development but literally nothing exciting is happening.
Borutos eye is dead. We haven't seen toneri in months. Nue is the size of a small pokemon and mitsuki isn't activating sage mode anymore.
Majority of the episode is dialogue and we all know how this arc is going to end.
We have 2 more episodes of this plus 1 episode about genin evaluations.
The movie recap will start in 4 weeks. That should bring back the buzz.

currently in "filler mode", lack of Sumire screentime, Bort's personality already contradicting his movie self.

the only thing to look forward is to find out who is Kawaki, but he's nowhere in sight.

>Bort's personality already contradicting his movie self.
the movie personality sucks, though. His in-series personality is much, much better. The transition to the movie provides a challenge of how they're going to handle everything.

>lack of Sumire screentime
Only waifufags care about that
That has been the case since the start of the series

The movie isn't canon anymore. Its a springboard for the anime.

I hope they retcon that part for the movie recap arc,
movie Boruto was a little shit in the first half.

Race mixing was a mistake.

Source?

Yet the manga did the movie the exact same way but with the addition of Bort getting a hax power-up so he can be useful later on.

Can someone post these?

this.

Why would they downgrade the movie with the anime version?

Animation / fighting scenes are horrible.

Yea, a bunch of saradacucks kept sperging out whenever the most interesting character was posted

Nobody wants to discuss anything with you idiots. You're worse than Supershitters

Retard-kun killed the hype.

We need more important moments from characters.

This episode preview pics when?

>"Canon" arcs that feels like filler.
>The story is taking its sweet time to set itself in motion.
>Characters are boring. They lack the dynamic and uniqueness of the original cast and some are pale limitations of them.
>The villains are extremely underwhelming, be it their motives or design. And they can never be taken seriously as long as the fact remains that Naruto or Sasuke could mop the floor with them in seconds flat.
>Characters in the anime are flanderized to fit to the T with their archetype, making them very generic.
The manga being monthly and the pages being lower than the average monthly series amount is torture. And the anime started off pretty strong, but fizzled out after the first arc.

Shikidai should have been a grill. At least that way he wouldn't look like a complete copy of Shikamaru and the waifufags would be happy too.

I really didn’t expect much from the show since I didn’t care too much for Naruto. But the first several arcs showed real potential with the way the characters interacted with each other. Nothing was really cringe or bad, and it was a pretty comfy experience.

Ever since the Mituski episode it feels like the quality has taken a slump. I really hope he show grows out of it but this arc is by far the worst and we still have a few episodes to go. It reminds me of the really bad Boruto episode with the mail man with its simplistic meaning.

I think this series doesn’t know what it wants to be: a kids show or a battle anime. Not to mention that the original author is gone, it’s possible this will suffer the same fate as bleach: a cancelled anime and rushed ending.

I’m hopeful they can bounce back though.

When is Boruto gonna fuck Sarada?

>When Shikamaru almost killed the manga with his boring arc in part 2 and his son is about to do the same in the spinoff anime.
Pottery.

Soon

Ghost arc Good
Sarada Gaiden arc Good
Field trip to Mist Village arc OK/Mediocre
Academy Graduation mini arc OK
Byakuya Gang arc Boring

the series lost a lot of steam after the Naruto Gaiden arc for some reason, I can't exactly point what it is.

What the fuck is this

this arc is really really shit
personally i haven't watched in 2 weeks and don't plan on watching again for another ~5 ish weeks

the only interesting thing going for the current arc is how will Nardo handle a communist revolution/coup in Konoha.

>hype
>for naruto
did I stumble onto the facebook page of a 14 year old or something?

Get a loudspeaker and TnJ the crowd.

He will probably TNJ them unfortunately. It would be nice though if they explored why would they stage a coup against the 2nd most powerful person alive though. Naruto was at its best when it was discussing gritty, political issues

More of this please, if you have some

Sarada is for Naruto

>Sarada is for Boruto
Fixed, you spelt Boruto wrong.

Nope

NARUTO IS PURE, DON'T LEWD HIM!

It’s his fault

Ew, Saladslut

CEASE

Where is the countdown at for Salad remembering that she's an Uchigger and has to destroy the world because she's and her entire family line is literally retarded?

Kawaki vs Naruto preview

Lack of Hawawa
Blame retard-kun and pinkshitfag
>lack of Sumire screentime
This
>Only waifufags care about that
Wrong, she’s one of the only characters who generates actual discussion of the plot
Not a bunch, just the one BoruSarafag who kept spamming every thread
This

>discussion of the plot
There isn't plot right now and if there was, it wouldn't be about Summermeme

>Slut
Sarada is pure

Her arc was one of the only arcs to give us some real story, get over it

Wrong

Oh fuck new episode preview pics are out
Looks like no action again

Is this artist retarded? Why would she keep her backpack on?

Randoseru is the thinking man’s fetish

If nothing else I like the setting. Ninja struggling to find a place in a peaceful world where technology is rapidly making their skills irrelevant is a neat idea, like old "death of the wild west" stories.

So basically Naruto but a little bit more techie.

This arc is so gay, where are the fights??

When this arc started, I was hoping it would reveal that Shikadai had been secretly working with the thieves, just to give him something to separate him from Shikamaru. No such luck I suppose.

You're retarded if you think its the GT of our time. Its the DBS of Naruto. It does entirely feel like a continuation of Naruto, it has the same spirit and feeling

What went wrong is that it feels like a continuation of Naruto. Once the honey moon phase wears off on it, people realize they're watching Naruto 2. Which, its fine, but there's nothing really to talk about.

>So what killed the hype
filler.
Not developing the story revolving Boruto's eye shenanigans.
How long has it been since that crap was teased, 2 years?

>ywn have a group-sex with naruto
why, lord. why have you doomed me for this torment?

Naruto proper didn't really hit those notes. It may have seemed like it due to the tech level, but in the story there was never a question of a ninja's relevance, and whether it was a good career choice. At least not that I remember.

Naruto ran for over 700 fuckin episodes. They could've waited awhile before rebooting it. GT shat the bed then they gave DBZ a rest, now Super is a pretty fun show again.

It’s okay, Sarada, you can always use genjutsu to IMAGINE it

GT didn't fail because people were tired. GT failed because it didn't feel like DB at all, none of the same spirit, main writer was gone saying he wasn't doing it, none of the same feeling, and the art was weird as hell. Even as a kid it didn't feel right. Honestly felt like some Deviant art version.

Super feels basically like DB combined with DBZ. Toriyama is back and he understands the characters. He came back purely because he hated American DBZ live action movie.

>the same spirit and feeling
Nothing is at stake like on the first arcs, no hardworking lessons from Naruto, no unique art style, manga always feel off-model, kinda shit character designs. Nah, it's really subpar with original Naruto.

I CAN'T!
I'M NOT EVEN AN UCHIHA!

DBS may not be perfect and goes full retard in some aspects but at least it's fun to watch, GT on the other hand was weird due to the fact the orignal cast was old and mostly useless.

Same spirit doesn't mean "Naruto you ain't working hard enough" because Boruto's thing to learn isn't hard work. Same spirit means the world feels the same, the heart the same. Boruto still goes through weekly dilemmas, he still learns things each week. Learns about teamwork and other shit lately when fighting Azuma's daughter. Boruto is a genius kinda unlike his dad, his fault is that he doesn't apply himself enough and doubts himself since he's always compared to his dad. He learns a lot about this in the movie and a few episodes.

If anything I'd say its kinda better than some parts of early Naruto because the other characters actually matter somewhat. I waited the entire manga in Naruto for any of the side characters to matter. Never really happened aside from one side chapter in the manga.

>its kinda better than some parts of early Naruto

Is Boruto ever going to start discussing the issues that Naruto failed to solve, like the the Branch system of Clan Hyuga? I know they are somewhat discussing technological innovation, and the effects it had on the culture, but I feel it is not given the same treatment that the Branch system received

I want to impregnate Himawari so fucking badly, holy shit

Current Boruto arc is filler (but Canon). Shikamaru arc was great. Part 2 only had Pain arcs and B beating the punk as better parts.

new ep in 2hrs dsgstng.com/

Hawawa raping Bort doujin when?

Soon

Konahamaru will follow in Naruto's footsteps and marry the superior Hyuga sister.

> implying Boruto wont get married with hee

I almost forgot about her slutty pjs.

The only thing that is keeping me interested in this series is the Konoha Milfs, and i am still waiting to see my girl Tsunade.

I mean we never saw this scene animated. I want to see Tsunade and Boruto!

Cancer

Well said. The thing is this isn't new. This is Studio Pierrot's schedule. They make filler, stretch it out and sell dvd box sets while raking in commercial ad revenue. Not that kishimoto was a great story teller but the current pacing is abysmal

The reason super threads are active is because of the memes. Even then it is usually the same 10 people maxing out the threads. Boruto does need memes to keep it alive right now. There was the starwars meme about Ao but it died out.

Boruto doesn't have meme-material like Naruto did. It's lacking the Kishimoto-touch.

The biggest source of hype was having a protagonist, Boruto, that wasn't a loud autistic retard like his father. The world of naruto is pretty damn interesting but the biggest flaw to the material is that the world has to be seen through the eyes of a teen in an orange jumpsuit with a chromosomal disorder.

Boruto isn't as off putting as hit father but he's also boring as fuck. So the problem persists. I'd honestly enjoy watching Naruto do his thing instead of watching his son because Naruto now seems competent and level headed and watching him go through challenges would be pretty damn interesting

>Certain fagboys making every thread revolve around a certain character instead of talking about the show.

sumire

there wouldn't be massive sumire posting if there wasn't Salad faggots getting so pissy about said posting. A majority of Sumire shit is just because people know how easy it is to bait Salad faggots

summer sure is summer in here. thank god for lack of hawawa.

you mean in having stupid but enjoyable moments?

Still, the manga with its flash forward and monthly schedule was simply a massive mistake. The only thing saving it that a team that can handle the weekly grind takes over

Or cancel the manga all together

The only time the manga actually caused discussions was when Sumire was there.

She's like the interesting thing in this series