Cinegrids

I'll start off with mine.

Hey user, how do you make this. I mean do you follow any rules to make cine grid

There aren't rules, just preferences. I always make sure to have a set of 25 shots with the title card being placed in the middle. If a show/movie doesn't have a proper title card, then don't add one. i like to make sure I get good shots of the scenery and other atmospheric images so it isn't just a collage of people's faces, At best you should only have a few closeup shots of characters.

> I get good shots of the scenery and other atmospheric images so it isn't just a collage of people's faces
This is what confusing me because I don't sure what shot should be call a good shot.

I thought cinegrid implied good animes were posted.

most aesthetic delinquent

Such as the panned out moments where you see a detailed grassy field or a city skyline. Something that isn't just two characters talking side by side. A visually appealing and distinct moment that creates a mood. It's very easy to tell a great image from a basic image if you take the time to look. Shots such as a death or plot changing moments are usually decent images to add as well.

Weird that screenshots of Devilman looks so bad compare to other in this post.
But in animation Devilman looks amazing

That's typically how Yuasa shows are. They look nice when animated but still frames are shit. There are few exceptions though.

Easily the best episode of the show.

Oh yes, I love not being able to see anything.

If this was bait well done otherwise please fuck off you normalfag fuck

Last one and then i'm going to post all the Lupin shit I have saved.

try harder next time

Wait, what

It's an anime. Doesn't everyone know this?

This feels so pointless. Everything great about Imaishi's visuals come from their movement. He's great at making things move in ways and with timing that makes it super satisfying and "hype" to watch. He doesn't seem to care much for individual images at all, a cinegrid doesn't work for him.

You could at least give change the filename so I know what this is. Can't exactly read Japanese.

Pretty true. Great animator, shit director..

Sorry user. You should watch Shinsekai Yori.

It's Shinsekai Yori. Great show for its narrative, but most of the visuals don't look like the ones in that grid.

holy crap

My local library had this on vhs I use to rent it and watch it every week.

The same could be said about 75% of what's in this thread.

Directing movement is a role of a director... Outside of anime, it's considered one of the most important roles of a director.

>no eng subs on YT

True, but I feel its especially true for SSY. Most of the show just looks really awkward. Really undetailed and messy character art, barren backgrounds that soemtimes feel unfinished, framing and shot composition often feel off, like not a lot of thought was put into how things are presented. The visuals put me off watching it forever, even though I did find the narrative ideas interesting.

Obligatory Occultic;Nine grid I post in every thread because it has some of the best visuals I've seen in TV anime, but I seem to be the only person on the planet who remebers that it.

>it has some of the best visuals I've seen in TV anime
I remember when I was new to anime.

Great taste. It's a shame most people dropped it.

Name other TV shows with that level of art detail, inventive cinematography, colour design, amount and variety of sakuga... and I don't mean individually, I mean all at once.

VEG has the most insulting and overdone visuals in anime I've seen since pic related.

Memories is the name of the collection, this is just Magnetic Rose.

How so?

Insulting is quite subjective and I'm pretty sure neragakuen had a specific style in mind.

I have to congratulate kyoani for something this consistently top notch visually.
It's likely they won't do something like this again so soon.

Most of the photography decisions don't seem to be informed by the narrative and instead substract from what it's important (those washed out blacks are a crime against art). I don't think the shot composition and editing are bad (although they certainly are not the best the medium has to offer, hell, not even the best of the season).

I'm sure it did, the style was obviously intentional, but I still think most of the time it doesn't add anything to the narrative. In fact, making all scenes as splendorous as possible just takes away from scenes that are actually important.
I like the rest of the director's work, I really do, but neragakuen is kind of indefensible.

Not him, but it's hard to describe. It sort of just feels like it's trying too hard to be pretty? The visual filters that make evrything look like it's constantly bathed in sunlight, how every other shot is an extreme close-up of some hyper detailed object, how the characters always move in over animated ways that makes every little thing they do look like the most dramatic action to ever be taken, even in the most mundane moments. It feels like its trying too hard to impress, and that gets in the way of the story.

My Last one.