Golden Boy Kintarou

Why did this get only 6 episodes? It's fucking hilarious!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=US4bRqOcae0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PLOTLESS

TRASH

Maybe they didn't want to animate the hentai? I don't know, but it was an awesome series that I often come back to.

Maybe because the rest of the source material is fucking awful.

fuck you

You haven't read that shit okay, there is a huge dip in quality after the first six chapters
I love the anime but man after that it turns into a literal cuckold manga

wow you're fucking right holy shit

Nah. You still get good chapters after the ones adapted for the anime but the extended arcs later reflects the author going crazy.

>Blu-ray remaster never

This is criminal

My wild guess it's that it was produced when there was an overdemand of anime and studios couldn't suply it and some stuff was limited as having only a few OVA episodes.

the most perfect ova ever

They ran out of suitable waifus

The rest of the story isn't a happy one.

:(
care to expand?

HUBBA BUBBA

episode 1 was so good animation wise

the dub was 200% better than the sub

What happened in the rest of the story that made Sup Forums rage so hard about it?

It’s so hilarious I brought a cel, it’s an amazing show

NTR
T
R

I would argue that the one where Kintaro joined the all-girl band was still fun though

I regret reading the manga.

There are some interesting chapters(that one where kin dressed as a woman and seduced the guys), but the manga turned into pure cuckoldry as the user said. The anime took the only normal and good chapters from the manga.

The last part I read, which is about halfway into the manga, a blonde college girl competes in a mind control-off against a mind reading computer that allows you to relive your memories by kidnapping influential people, strapping them into her dungeon and then giving them no water until they beg to drink her pee.

The only anime in existence where the English dub is better than the original Japanese voice acting.

Elaborate.

Main character knows burly guy who is powerful both physically and politically.
His girlfriend decides she wants to spend a night with the guy, though all they do is talk.
MC cheats on girlfriend with other girl.
Girldriend dies at some point?

The mangaka lost his fucking mind and tried to turn it in to a 'deep' story about the nature of free will, the decay of modern society, the effect of technology on the world, etc.

And yeah, the story literally ends with Kintaro being asked to fuck a random woman in VR while his love interest watches, then they are all simultaneously booted out of the VR session at once, and the final page is Kintaro begging to be let back in, with a declaration that all his studies were pointless and false because society is too corrupt to learn anything genuine from it. The End.

The original Berserk is way better in English

Yeah, I tried reading the manga years after watching the show and I couldn't stomach almost any of it. The stuff right after the anime can still be okay, I enjoyed the one where the women were experimenting on men by treating them like gods then just dropping them one day with no explanation, it was neat.

Then suddenly it's all weird sex and cuckoldry shit and I couldn't stand it anymore.

There was a chapter where Kintaro helped a female rock band. Shame that one didn't get animated.

The manga further proves that writing a decent mary sue is as hard as any other character.

That's a nice cel
How much did you pay?

Aside from what the other anons said, it was also an OVA so the budget was higher but for less episodes. Just in case you thought it got cancelled or anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=US4bRqOcae0

it started as just "genius boy goes around pretending to be idiot and make bitches fall in love when they realize how fly he is"
but then it became pseudo deep garbage about human nature and tried to create elaborate "main plot" that would connect it all together and it didnt work out so well