Blatant plagiarism in anime and manga

I'll start. Not looking for references or hommages, just plagiarism.

The Yuru Camp OP is a rip-off of I Want You Back by the Jackson Five. You know it's true.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvqXCK9tD7o
youtube.com/watch?v=URqU7IuzRho
youtube.com/watch?v=oP153dq--dk
youtu.be/sU23gtSsg8E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holes_(novel)
youtube.com/watch?v=kFGnP0smVFs
youtube.com/watch?v=B3MFbhwfEXU
youtube.com/watch?v=42pnX8aXrnE
youtube.com/watch?v=8_zQdoWbcHw
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Kunihiko_Ryo_-_Juuni_Genmukyoku.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=HKLnmMacEB4
youtube.com/watch?v=mr2XzagIxQo
youtube.com/watch?v=LOSu5Rv0ar4
youtube.com/watch?v=L1rxRm8JDlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MRFZu-IPhUs
youtube.com/watch?v=wTaPuvlco30
youtube.com/watch?v=B3nfweteZck
youtube.com/watch?v=nhNt6xfOdiE
youtube.com/watch?v=aZaSgnYLceQ
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23956315
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14925684
youtu.be/8mK_0up-LMc?t=54
youtu.be/02PxQmHIQ5o?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=vInYMVxYhh4
youtu.be/_FeqcK7ng8Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=GvqXCK9tD7o

Eva > RahXephon

I guess... although this particular ED does not really sound like September except the 'badiyaa'' part.

Wow

Decisive Battle

Not only was it a blatant rip off but the way anno kept using it over and over in shin godzilla was really a giant fuck you to the evafags waiting for 3.0+1

But it is by the same artist, does that count? By those standards, all the discography by Yuki Kaijura could be in this thread.

Half of Yoko Kanno's catalogue.

Sorry I wasn't clear
The song "Decisive Battle" from Eva is plagiarized from the James Bond song "007 takes the lektor"

It's telling how all the comments under the Bond theme are about James Bond getting into a robot.

This is what's called a homage.

Wasn't there that tennis manga that got cancelled because it was a plagiarism of Prince of Tennis?

Black Clover

youtube.com/watch?v=URqU7IuzRho
youtube.com/watch?v=oP153dq--dk

I enjoyed reading those comments
Thank you user for your post

came here to post this

But Decisive Battle sounds way better.

A B C
It's easy as 1, 2, 3
As simple as do re mi
Shi-ma-rin
Camp with me
Baby, you and me, girl!

Will the sampling = plagiarism meme ever end?

Yes and your daughter is more attractive than your wife
because she was made more recently

But you can't fuck her

One of the tracks from the soundtrack of Saekano's first season was a thinly veiled ripoff of "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers. Lost my shit when it played for the first time.

I thought it was a rip-off of Jackson Five's ABC

Both at the same time, I guess.

The phenomenon also exists in reverse:
youtu.be/sU23gtSsg8E

Yes, as soon as lawyers all agree that artistic freedom is more important than making quick money. Shouldn't take long.

Could someone explain this one?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holes_(novel)

Michael Jackson was the closest thing to 2D we'll ever get in our world, too pure for it

youtube.com/watch?v=kFGnP0smVFs
youtube.com/watch?v=B3MFbhwfEXU

I really hope this is ironic

You don't know what sampling means. James Bond was not sampled.

Ah, gotcha.

it's literally the exact same song user

>Sup Forums Magma and Detergent
I'd post the exact moment moot changed the site name but i don't have the image

Lurk more

Bubblegum Crisis asa e tomorrow sounds like don't cry by Asia

Ichigo Mashimaro did it first
youtube.com/watch?v=42pnX8aXrnE

This song has the exact same hook as "We Like to Party"

youtube.com/watch?v=8_zQdoWbcHw

aren't these just pastiches?

If you go and listen to the 12 Kingdoms opening instrumental theme there is pretty much a 1 to 1 rendition of the main Pirates of the Caribbean theme (the one that won an Oscar). Interestingly enough, 12 Kingdoms predates Pirates of the Caribbean by a good deal of time. It's pretty much impossible to find on Youtube but this wikipedia has a soundclip which you can hear at least part of the sound that was ripped off.

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Kunihiko_Ryo_-_Juuni_Genmukyoku.ogg

So what?

Huh. I have the whole ost and never noticed it. But it doe sound very similar.

I still recall that one of the tracks on Ben-to was wayyy too similar to another track off of Battles' album Gloss Drop.

original youtube.com/watch?v=HKLnmMacEB4
plagio
youtube.com/watch?v=mr2XzagIxQo

Do you guys even know what plagiarism is?

youtube.com/watch?v=LOSu5Rv0ar4
from Fate/Zero is pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=L1rxRm8JDlQ and
youtube.com/watch?v=MRFZu-IPhUs
combined from SAO.
I guess it's ok since they have the same producer or something, but it sucks that I can't watch Zero without thinking Kirito is about to show up whenever this plays.

Please tell us.

I wouldn't say plagiarism but it does sound similar.

i used to play and arrange for a wedding band and I Want You Back was a staple.

the OP song is a pastiche of IWYB and j-pop, with a bit of disco added in. it's obviously an homage to a very famous and influential song and band, and doesn't try to present the ideas from IWYB as its own. it's not plagiarism. some of these anons are just stupid.

I could swear some of the bgm is from katawa shoujou

Ending of FMP fumoffu
youtube.com/watch?v=wTaPuvlco30

The Game of Love - Santana ft Michele Branch
youtube.com/watch?v=HKLnmMacEB4

see

Maybe read the thread first dumbass

It's called Macross Delta because Freyja is ACUTE etc etc

It was a light novel called Isekai Tennis Musou.

Yuki Kajiura's stuff sound nice at first but then you realize you've been listening to the same 3 songs the whole time.

wew, that's really quite similar.

The Yuru Camp is just a ripoff of K-On with tents instead of music and ugly girls instead of cute ones.

Kodomo no Jikan ED rips off "One Fine Day".by The Offspring.

There's that one shoujo manga that got canceled because the author got caught tracing from Slam Dunk or some other Inoue manga. Eden no Hana I think it was called.

It's so fucking good though when combined with September.

youtube.com/watch?v=B3nfweteZck

This must be a famous traditional tune in Japan, because I've heard it all over the place, this is my first time hearing these two specific songs though.

Well, fuck me in the ass and call me Samantha.

>Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions"
>Another author's...

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? OP "Daydream Cafe" actually reuses a part of an earlier song written by the same composer from some game OST. Check this out:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhNt6xfOdiE

>cue laugh track
youtube.com/watch?v=aZaSgnYLceQ

>The Yuru Camp OP is a rip-off of I Want You Back by the Jackson Five

related: nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23956315

Can I watch delta without watching the previous ones? I actually never watched a single episode of Macross.

>written by the same composer
>plagiarism
Pick one. It's nice that somebody's noticed that, but it's not a crime to reuse your own arrangements.
It does make people look down on you when you repeatedly reuse, though.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14925684

Cross Hunter has loads of these.

Damn, this is the worst one so far. Just ripping off every song of a relatively obscure band is shady as fuck.

You just went full South American with that retardedness

Self-plagarism is a thing.
Imagine being a game company and your composer just left you. The composer then takes tracks from your games he composed for, but you currently own the copyright of, and uses them in his new job.
I'm not a law person but I can see how reusing your own arrangements in a commercial setting could be a problem. We of course can't be too harsh since that's just how composers work but just because you composed something doesn't mean you will always have the right to reuse it as you wish.

You can't plagiarize yourself. Plagiarism is about passing off someone else's work as your own.

Ah ok
What if you try to pass off your old work as a new and original work? Is that plagiarism?

No. By definition of plagiarism, no.

No, because you're not passing someone else's work as your own. It would be reusing ideas or being unoriginal, but not plagiarism.

>by definition
Fair enough. I've never put too much thought into plagiarism so I'm not all that familiar with it either.

Here's the classic case.

What

Prove it.

Nah, she des lazy work with productions like SAO, she really does quality pieces if she likes the series where she is working

>also straight-up ripped Street Fighter manga
>and Berserk
These people has absolutely no shame.

Sorry, but you're wrong here. The Pirates of the Caribbean theme is a composition that Zimmer recycled from his work on Gladiator.
Gladiator came out in 2000. 12 Kingdoms came out in 2002.

youtu.be/8mK_0up-LMc?t=54

youtu.be/02PxQmHIQ5o?t=20

youtube.com/watch?v=vInYMVxYhh4

F/Z came out before SAO, dumb shit.

That Gladiator song doesn't sound anything even close to resembling the 12 Kingdoms clip I posted or the PotC song. Do your ears not function?

They function better than yours apparently. Only the last part in the ogg you posted is relevant here.

Yes, that's the part I'm referring to. If you listen to the full song (not on Youtube since it likely matches up so damn close to PotC) there's at least a minute to a minute and a half that sounds like the last part of the audio file on the wiki.

I don't think this is considered plagiarism.

Yes user, and it's the Gladiator snippet I posted with a couple inversions and a couple note durations altered.

A macross thread, eh?
youtu.be/_FeqcK7ng8Q

トップをねらえ! is a ripoff of エースをねらえ!
How did Anno get away with it????

>just plagiarism.
This loli slut looks identical to 02 (pink hair, blue eyes, same haircut).

Pop music all sounds the same anyway.

The Gladiator snippet was slow as hell. I'm talking past-paced pretty much exactly what PotC sounds like.

They didn't sample anything... they just copied the general song structure.
I knew the song sounded familiar but couldn't remember what it was from. Thanks user.