Post blatant self inserts

post blatant self inserts

Started as one, three episodes later he's a proper character.

literally me

How can you self inserts as a robot?

no you're supposed to pretend he isn't a robot it's REALLY funny I promise you just have to do it for hours on end and reply to it hundreds of times and it gets funny

When the author ruined Thermae Romae with her blatant self insert

Warning image contains classical art! do not open!

a proper character, just like me.

can't blame him
pussy is a strong drug, once you have access you just don't wanna let go

WOW VERY RUDE

would you become her darling for 3 rides?

I see how it would be easy for you to self-insert as a robot.

Why do people self insert as vulnerable betas instead of something strong and attractive that would help to take there mind off of their weakness?

HAHAHA that's REAL fucking funny faggot fuck you

Because they are vulnerable betas? What you're looking for is aspiration figure, someone you can desire or maybe even try to be. Self-insert is a character that is like you, but who gets everything you wish you could get.

The MC from Yahari.

Thr traditional occidental fulfilment fanasy consisted on big guys that saved the world, such as Superman: You wanted to be as perfect as them.

Japan has other way, similar to the women fulfillment fantasies in the west: A beta guy similar to the reader/spectator that has adventures and meets love. Instead of Supermans they have Bellas from Twilight.

I cannot can't get into this at all whats the point?
I thought people read manga and watched anime for relaxation and escapism not to be reminded how much god hates them.

And that is the escapism. They get to pretend like they're succeeding in form of the character: they get superpowers, they have numerous girls fawning over them, they save everyone and beat up all the people that are bullying them.

Fuck off. Hiro isn't a self-insert character. VEGfags I swear...

I assume it's because a character being blatantly different from you in every respect is gonna make it a lot harder to suspend disbelief. Most chubby basement dwelling NEET virgins aren't gonna see depiction of a hyper competent/intelligent chad thundercock and be able to confidently, even in their own fantasy, say "yeah that's totally me." Making beta the character adds a degree of believability that allows for a much larger degree of immersion once all the wish fulfillment shit kicks in.

I see your point but i don't agree because at some point the reader themselves will see how undesirable the character really is.

>making beta the character
fuck I'm tired

Both types can be meant for self-insertion in the way that the term is used on Sup Forums.
The self-insert character can be the author/reader themselves, or an idealized form of them, or a blank canvas for the audience to project themselves upon, or someone completely unlike them. All that matters is that they live out some sort of fantasy on behalf of the author/reader.

the readers who are more prone to realizing that aren't going to be the target demographic of these types of shows anyway user

Good, masculinity is toxic

But I don't want to be him, I do want him to make it along with 02 and have a dozen dino-babies.

I think the core of this is the fact that NEET resent masculinity because they where bullied and know they are weak failures as men and cant get over it.

Japan still has characters like Kenshiro.

His not a self insert.

>chad as fuck
>self-insert
I don't blame you though. It was pretty much a bait-and-switch.

t. haven't watched beyond episode 3

>this is what triggerbabbies believe

Can't blame them, why would anyone watch this beyond episode 3?

I like it

How can one self insert as an absolute madman?

>no harem
>self-insert
romance animes aren't made for self-inserting newfag you are supposed to root for the couples.

>Smart
>Strong
>Intelligent
>Devious

>no harem
>already known three women inexplicably in love with him from the get-go just because he's he

I could see you thinking this in episode 1 but not now when he's going full madman

Literally me

One is childhood friend and named he named her. The other I mean, you should know by now why she feels that way though I wouldn't call it love yet

Who's the third? Don't be retarded and say the girl from episode 1 that died

two women, it's a love triangle you mongrel literally the most overused trope in anime. and we all know strawberry will end up with broro anyway

I'll teach you shogi

Ooh, named her, that sure is a strong basis for being in love. And yes, the chick from first episode was very much in love with him too by the way she went all crying over him. Also she didn't die.

And the triangle is holding on by a thread at this point. It'll probably be destroyed in the next episode.

>And yes, the chick from first episode was very much in love with him too by the way she went all crying over him.
How the fuck did you get love from that? Are you okay?

>spends five minutes crying to Hiro about what a great guy he is and how sorry she is she couldn't "drive robot" with him
>pushes him off to stay in the plantation and keep trying as she leaves on whatever the fuck that form of mass transportation is called
I know most of this show goes over the head of your average user, since the full extent of his knowledge on women and relationships comes from sadpanda, but come on, that was even more blatant than Ichigo.

Come hug me bro, I can't even imagine how painful life with brain damage must be. It's going to be okay.

Oh the ironing.

Nice shitpost thread.

Maybe they'll go full Evangelion by subverting their own brand of Gainax/Trigger tropes and become another deconstruction of a genre.

See: Shin Megami Tensei/Persona series

This isn't a knock btw, I actually prefer that kind of 'tabula rasa' character in that setting.

Because that's Japanese males in real life right now.
It's a legitimately worrying problem and considering all anime is now just trying to make relateable MCs as opposed to ideal ones we're going to keep getting shit that makes no sense to us because we're not the ones trying to relate.
I mean shit do I need to bring up how World's End Harem is a series that if the MC was anything else besides Japanese Self Insert it would be a pregnancy manga instead of an anti-government drama manga?