Does LOTGH get better after the first few episodes...

Does LOTGH get better after the first few episodes? Was told it was an anime non-weebs could appreciate but I'm not seeing it desu

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes_episodes#Chronological_order_of_episodes
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-01/the-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-gets-live-action-screen-adaptation/.123466
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It gets better but it's not a hero vs villain story so you may not like it.

No.
If you werent hooked from episode 1 you will never like it.

don't listen to anime fags on Sup Forums about what anime to watch

If gets good after the 4th or 5th episodes when you get some back story of Lohangrham, and you’ll probably start to care about those characters

the 1st episode is the dumbest fucking shit ever but it gets better

just skip all the flashback episodes, god did I hate those

It does get better but if you didn't like the first dozen episodes you won't like the last hundred episodes.

LoGH is the Master and Commander of anime

No

>if you didn’t like the first few episodes you wouldn’t like the rest
This is the dumbest things you can apply to this series
In the first few episodes you could barely tell the characters apart, the back story only starts to kick in after a few episodes in

>LOGH is getting another series
>and another film
>and three live action films
Wew lad.

brainlet weebs think something being dialogue-heavy means it's deep

It start getting good like in episode 27 or so. Before that it abuses of characters acting retarded to make other characters look smart in comparison. Not that it completely stops, but it get toned down.

It gets good once Yang is actually put in charge of a fleet

Until then it's a lot of "hey look how retarded the Alliance officer corps is"

This.

I'm re-watching the show right now with my wife who's never seen it, and this time we started with the prequels and watched them in chronological order.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes_episodes#Chronological_order_of_episodes

If you have the time, I would recommend it, but I would also recommend skipping the first bullet point on that list: Spiral Labyrinth (Side Stories / Gaiden 2, episodes 1-14). It's just a very long story about a previous Alliance admiral who has virtually no bearing on the main OVA

The other backstories explore Reinhard's rise to fame and really cool shit like the early days of the Rosenritters (specifically Schönkopf , the sexiest man in the entire series)

Its takes a while to get into the setting and the 10000000 different characters and factions

My Conquest is the Sea of Stars and Overture to a New War should have given you a pretty good idea what you're in for.

>and three live action films
WHAT

Don't listen to him, Spiral Labyrint is the only worth part of Gaidens. It gives more insight in FPA's life and history, a lot of nice Yang moment, and sweet cameos of Patrichev and Murai

I don't disagree, but it's also incredibly slow, and if OP can barely get through the first couple episodes of the OVA, the Bruce Ashenby arc will put him to sleep

I wouldn't say I've found it boring, more melodramatic I suppose
t. OP

First time viewers should not touch Gaidens at all.

Wrong. It took me 5 or so episodes to get hooked. Then I binged through all LOGH content as fast as I could and was depressed when there was nothing else left to watch.

idk, the Reinhard gaidens really help clear up some things that are only mentioned passingly or taken for granted in the OVA (like why his name is Lohengramm and not Musel, how he got Brunhild, why the nobles all hate his fucking guts, etc.)

Plus Reinhard murdering a dude with a fucking ice sickle was pretty fucking rad, and his time serving on the destroyer makes you realize just how far he's fallen from his ideals during his reign

Gaidens are terribly slow-paced (I remember of snow planet episodes started with Reinhard and Kircheis cheking a condition of tank for about 3 minutes). They really tried hard to drag a few short stories for 4 episodes each. And too much wank exclusively over Reinhard&Kircheis, for anyone who doesn't have them as favourite characters watching Gaidens is could be quite challenging.

It's advice smart people give in the hopes that smart people recieve it.
If you're a drooling idiot like this user who can't tell characters apart until he's spent 3 hours looking at their faces, it's probably not the best advice. Just waste your time watching 20 episodes of every anime to make sure you like it or not. It's not like you've got anything better to do with your time.

it was good from the start (ep 30 to 45 were boring tho )
also earth cult was a mistake , their existence didn't make any sense

earth cult are space isis

>non-weebs
fuck off back to whatever board you came from

It gets better after the first 100 or so episodes

The first time I started Logh, I dropped it after first 5 or so episodes. Few years later I tried it again and now it's my the most favourite show ever, I watched it twice, including Gaidens and movies, I even forced myself through both of manga series because I couldn't get enough of it.
So maybe you should give it time. I'm not saying you should be smarter or anything to appreciate logh, it would be arrogant, but sometimes people develop taste for things like classic music or classic literature with time.

Who would win in a fight?

Schönkopf or Ovlesser?

Schönkopf, of course. He is smart enough not to fall in some pit

It took me until episode 7 to like it. Seeing Reinhard smile with glee as millions of people die really turned me off at first, but seeing Yang suffer from the deaths of even his enemies made me fall in love. FPA > Empire, nevar 4get,

Live action LoGH... from China.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-01/the-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-gets-live-action-screen-adaptation/.123466

>FPA > Empire
My comrade of african descent

Wonder if they'll actually get gaijins for all the roles

never 4get indeed

Honestly the first 20something episodes were a little slow for me, but after some tragic events it turned into my top favorite animu ever. Do you have watched any classic suffering anime of 70's? its kinda like that.

I really wish that Bucock retreated from Mar-Adetta to lay another ambush after fucking up 3 of Rinehard's fleets instead of making a mad-dash for the Brunhild

I mean I get why he did it and it was totally boss, I just wish it had been different.