What the world is Re:?

What is it with Re:? And why is it used in so many titles? Is it a reply to something? Is it just a random set of letters that somehow became a meme? Or is it short for some Japanese word I'm unaware of?

Back to Re:ddit

Based nip

Nips will just use whatever sounds cool to them. German words being used without regard for meaning is a good example.

I seriously hope none of you watched this pile of shit after episode 3. If you actually did I am genuinely sorry for you.

Best show of 2017, no contest

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded 2.3 (1.5) Final Mix 420/2 HD

Lost rude.

If only

I watched it all. It was not the best anime of the year - it's nowhere close. But I still liked it.

I unironically like recreators, the worldbuilding around the reverse isekai was pretty unique

I wanna turn a nerdy librarian into a mother.

So Meteora basically murdered everyone at the end, right?

I mean, yes? They basically returned to their own "worlds" with no ability to enforce their own will, so they might as well be dead.

>Not dropping it every week and shitposting in the threads
Go be no funz allowed somewhere else.

No. I'll be no funz all over your face.

based memeora

Meteora didn't say it so that interpretation is not canon, though the entire series is around their inferences and the shit that happens to work so that outcome is entirely possible

Re: is usually short for reborn/resurrected for isekai stories. In this case it was re: from reply, as it's about creations being able to answer to their creators.
They probably have some degree of own will, especially considering not all of their day to day life is written, just the important parts.

its how you get normies out
say it with me
>Re
say it again
>Reeeee
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This one is probably accurate.

>In this case it was re: from reply
Pretty much. When Meteora replies to Souta's e-mail, the subject title says "Re:Creators", which hints at this.
I guess "Re:" can mean "repeating", too. As in, repeating one's life, from scratch. Starting with a blank slate in a foreign world, with all of your memories intact so you can avoid doing the same mistakes again. Really, it's probably redundant to add this, as "Reborn" and "Reincarnated" already have these connotations, but I thought it could be possibly worth a mention.

They certainly used the re: originally to promote the story as a reverse isekai and it would probably have a different name if not for the isekai boom. But since Altair was the MC and the whole story was just her trying to answer to Yuna Shimazaki's cry for help but being apparently too late, that's certainly the interpretation they wanted at the end.

Not sure if a blank slate was part of it since all the characters had their heavy baggage, except Meteora who had very little life in her original world and no ties with her creator in the original world.

Missed this in the catalog and opened up a new thread by mistake

>creator killed herself
>mad at the world because it's so beautiful yet it couldn't prevent that

Has Altair visited only the rural parts of Japan?
What about people slaving away in their jobs until they put a bullet through their heads?
What about CP industry, Yakuza gangs, overpopulation, people preferring online relationships over real ones, etc.
And that's just Japan. The entire world has so many wars, crimes, killing, raping...
Considering this was written by the author of Black fucking Lagoon, isn't the entire premise extremely juvenile? This could have been way more realistic and better if she had to come in terms with the fact that the world indeed sucks, and that her creator's dead for a reason rather than how it ended.

The characters were too good for the plot. Selesia deserved better.

I was referring to "Re:"'s usual usage across the industry; I wasn't really referring to Re:Creators, although seeing the characters eventually integrate themselves into the normal human society ala Hataraku Maou would've been pretty interesting. Meteora and Magane remained in our world after everything that went down, but only a little of Meteora's life was seen. Absolutely nothing about Magane, aside from that one shot of her at the airport.

Reminder that Altair is canonically perfect and omnipotent.

>still bound by the rules of tue multiverse
>still relies on fans and concepts for her powers
She is just a weak garbage tier OC that has crappy meme powers

That was before the end though, she got accepted as one of her own creators, not to mention her ability to come to the real world became more universally accepted as well so she can still come back if she wishes (which she probably won't since she doesn't care about anything there and there won't be new seasons to force her to move).

It's short for re:ply to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight

My favorite show last year. I need more, more more.

Ah you devil
She eats cthulhu's for breakfast