This man is the genius

who descended into darkness

Other urls found in this thread:

takeshobo.co.jp/search/act2/1/gen/0/opt/11/?key=���{�L�s
youtube.com/watch?v=wqpORcWtCK0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>We've been hard at work trying to get Akagi 306 ready for release, but it's not done yet!
SOON

LIES. He was not in XXX-Holic.

magical
sand

Yes he was. In the mahjong episode. But Watanuki won against him multiple times because Akagi's a loser.

Akagi is my favorite character of all times.

I always avoided everything CLAMP because half of it is on hiatus and all of them are intertwined. A humble user can only be invested in this much of nameks at once.

But there are so many great characters in xxxHOLIC. The alcoholic cake boss, the incredibly cute & shy zashikiwarashi, and the 100% huggable Mokona (no homo).
Give it a try man.

i'm tired of waiting

He's pretty genius

The hype is all dead for a possible sticky, but whatever.

What hype?

Last chapter hype. Which is out for two weeks already.

Do you mean to say that the battle between Washizu Iwao and Akagi Shigeru is finally at an end?

It has ended half a year ago.

Why are you missing out on the greatest fight in anime/manga?

>half a year
It's two weeks away from being a whole year

Why is Akagi so much more of an edgelord in the Akagi manga as compared to the Ten manga?

Because he's 13

Because there are two Akagis in Akagi, a kid and a young adult.

Growing up makes you stop caring about shit

>no FKMT powerlevel chart

>edgelord
He's the same as his old self. He was just thriving for a genuine fight back then.

13 years old Akagi is edgy though, I'll admit.

kid Akagi is the edgiest of them all. I could see the people missing on the fact it's sad 50s-early 60s Japan dropping the manga because of all that.

>April 29, 2017 (translation)
wew

Inb4 we have to wait 20 years for the last (two?) chapter(s) to drop I’m a little angry theyve been giving Kaiji priority, Akagi is ending after all...

>powerlevel charts
A whole book of this stuff.
fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2012/12/akagi-character-book-and-happy-new-year.html

Don’t be like that user, we’re all here and in anticipation. We’ve had so many akagi threads in just the past week, everyones bound to be super excited and hopefully vocal once the last chapter drops. It’ll be good. We’ll make it.

>past week
Yeah this. The very first time I see moderation like this here in Sup Forums, the fuckers just came and nuked a manga+mahjong thread for being too mahjong. Well I got to see a fellow user getting a kokushi, so all is great.

Holy shit dude thanks, I saw pictures from the databook before, but never whole. Some very interesting stats here

Really? That's why they nuked it? What a bunch of losers. I was just about to post a cool points table I had, in case someone needed it, when I got a 404.

These stats are bullshit, Harada was about as good as Ten.

Akagi had a hard life.

That's definitely what surprised me the most. Also Akagi having high charisma as a young man but that isn't as shocking as Harada's alleged mediocrity.

>peak Ten higher than peak Akagi
Well he doesn't get much credit because he's less popular thank Akagi, but he was impressive.

Soga did most of the work all the way till the 1v1 finale and had lots of problems carrying the team because of Harada fucking around. Maybe not 3/5 indeed but certainly not 5/5 for him.

>Akagi having high charisma as a young man
Everyone was fascinated by young Akagi though. Nangou, Yasuoka, the yakuza, and the best example: Washizu.

Not really, I recall Harada dominating most of the games he was in. He took out Ginji (it took Ten a bit of time to find the trick) and fucked with Hiroyuki many times. Plus he dominated most of the 1v1 finale, so I can't see him much lower than Ten, although Ten was one step ahead.

Poor poor underrated Ten. I wonder why he got worse in HERO?

Why is Washizu in a wheelchair?

Yeah I guess you're right. Maybe it's because when I hear "charisma" I think pleasant person that I was surprised by this.

He's old.

He was old during his duel with Akagi yet only needed his cane.

This man is the fucker who wasted EIGHTEEN FUCKING YEARS on a single match

Yeah, but he hadn't spent the last three years running around Japan back then.

Did you cry?

Than maybe it's fan service for angery hirayama waifufags.

He's older.

who didnt i kept crying for a few hours afterwards for good measure

>wasted
It was the greatest match in manga history. Nothing will ever come close in terms of writing and character development.

How the fuck is the white hair twink on top if he was tricked by the Eternal Jew Council?

Merely being older and not running around Japan for three years doesn't make you wheelchair bound.

>who descended into darkness
its rather fukumoto sensei who is the first and only man who can depict mahjong in a theoretical manner

Doesn't stop it from being eighteen goddamn years.

Nostalgia.

>zashikiwarashi

He suffered a clinical death after losing to Akagi, it's a wonder he got away with only this but as expected of Washizu I guess.

Don't smoke his amounts, kids.

NANTOKA NAAAAREEEEEEEEEE

I don't know user, maybe you're onto something. Maybe he got sick?

The "clinical death" you mentioned he was still able to run about and order his men to find Akagi just so he could finish his match with him.

Evafag got the list and added him to make his series more special.

20 actually. It's a blast to read in one go, though.

Where can you find these Ten covers?

Possible but I doubt Washizu is someone who'd become sick.

Not him, but you can just look up the Ten manga on amazon.jp to see all the volume covers. The images aren't high res though obviously.

His luck has to run out, eventually.

The shop of the publisher, and then some of them are googleable a bit bigger. takeshobo.co.jp/search/act2/1/gen/0/opt/11/?key=���{�L�s

I don't know which retard this this but 90% of this shit is completely wrong.

I want to order food with him

Knowledge is not intelligence and the one who made the chart is clearly a fag. Sherry being that high is pretty much bullshit. Kaiji being there at all too

Kaiji pulls some really smart shit, especially in part 3.

Powerlevelfaggotry means infinite amount of (you)s so obviously all these charts are like this.

>kaiji being there at all too
that fag must have gotten too impressed by him tilting the goddamn building

he does! but it's never as exceptional as most of the people jumbled around this bullshit list are

>actually crying instead of nodding respectfully and moving on to the next piece of media to consume
Am I the only man in this woman-majority fanbase?!

I had some good rl people dying on me so it resonated.

It's deep. You don't cry because of the death, but because what Fukumoto says through Akagi is true and might have been a shackle for you. The ending of Ten is full of introspection and catharsis for the reader, even without taking Akagi's character in account.

>there will never be another manga that spends 20 years on 1 mahjong match

>not crying makes you a man
Have fun user. People have their reasons.

I was mostly kidding and poking fun at myself since I actually think having strong feelings for a series end is cool

fuck

This user gets it. I love Akagi as a character, but his death isn't what makes you cry. Although by the end of it, it might finish you off.

Ten's Akagi stated that he didn't have the vitality or spark for long matches that he used to, yet he punched Soga before the East-West showdown.

Retcon. Kinda. FKMT didn't plan that far ahead, so Akagi was slightly different when he first appeared in Ten.

"Doujin where Osamu has sex with Fake Akagi while crying because he admires Akagi yet knows a relationship with the real one is impossible"

"What?"

"Oh nothing, just talking to myself."

He was 75 when he played against Akagi

>each of the 250cc tubes could be compared to 10 years of his life for an estimated total of 80 years (2000cc)
>"wastes" (lives) over 90 years "worth" of blood in one night, while being 19
>lives 53 years

I completely broke down during the 1 on 1 convos, more than one time.
>what is a proper life
>I don't remember how to play
FUCK

>fkmt didn't plan that far ahead
I think fkmt plans ahead a whole lot. But sometimes as he is writing he gets a better idea or a new one, and it maybe leaves a small inconsistency.

>I can't take that weight off my shoulder, I'm not free and I don't even know why
fuck you too FKMT

Kaiji was able to defeat the bog's two other defense systems too, and notice the side effect of Ichijou countering the building's tilt, I think that he's statistically average, in that he's normally a commoner (so, most of the times below average), but then becomes above average when it matters (or when he has a sense of urgency, or feels that he doesn't have a security net to fall on; Akagi, for example, conditioned himself to not rely on a comfort zone -- it's stated so in the Washizu match -- and to be able to give up advantages when needed).

a-anons please

Wait wait what Waishizu in a weelchair are you all talking about? What chapter?

spoilers for the last ones

>depressed friend comes at me to tell me about his anxiety
>we talk for hours
>basically just say FKMT stuff to him, mostly Ten related stuff
>he cries like a bitch and mostly turns his life around in a few months, a lot more positive and forward thinking now
>"thanks for your advice user you're so deep!"
>he'll never know the truth :^)

Awful blogshit that sounds straight out of a teenager's wet dream, but it makes me happy.

Ah I see, spoilers. I didn't see them. What else happens?

No, but his talk with Hiroyuki made me more aware that I should choose well how I'll use my lifetime; if I have a goal and don't chase after it, I'll regret it even more, being aware that I could've taken action but chose not to, when I possibly ask myself in the future why didn't I do anything back then.

>young friend, doesn't know chinese dominoes
>I've recommended Ten to him before, he didn't read it to the end
>several months, probably some years later, he's some months away from moving to Japan for work
>while chatting online with friends, comments on how he has goals to pursue and knows that he doesn't have the willpower to chase them
>I tell him to re-read Ten (even telling him to skip to chapter 15 onwards despite enjoying the chinese dominoes parts myself very much) to get to Hiroyuki's part
>he doesn't
youtube.com/watch?v=wqpORcWtCK0

volume 16 onwards*

>starting with Ten and not Akagi
That's the mistake.

Clearly the author cares about that lost 90s generation, it really feels through his works he wants to be impactful especially to this kind of people. It's visible in Kaiji, in Kurosawa's bullies, in Morita, in Akagi-Hiro interactions, in Gai. Fkmt's special way to mix old man preaching but also badassery to try and get to the young male readers who kinda gave up trying.