10-bit

STOP.
If the source video is not 10-bit, do not encode it as 10-bit. Contrary to internet rumors, you gain nothing by encoding 8-bit video into 10-bit. It's like encoding an 8-bit MP3 as a 16-bit MP3, you gain NOTHING. It doesn't smooth out gradients, it doesn't have better compression. If the gradients are fucked then either they're fucked at the source or your monitor is not calibrated. If they're fucked at the source, they'll still be fucked at 10-bit. If you dither them you're actually harming the video quality by adding noise. 10-bit does not compress better. If you're going to quote that retarded first result on Google please note they're comparing MPEG-2 to HEVC, not HEVC 8-bit to HEVC 10-bit.

Please, please, please stop being retarded and releasing badly encoded videos.

Other urls found in this thread:

x264.nl/x264/10bit_02-ateme-why_does_10bit_save_bandwidth.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you don't like it, then go encode your own videos.

DAIZ
DAIZ
DAIZ

i see the bars but my monitor is 8bit

Nonsense my upscaled 4k video with HQ2xABAASFAHABNAN filter and ten layers of Ver3.5625c alpha snowflake sharpening looks just as good as the real thing.
You're just mad your PC is shit.

I don't see any bars should I be concerned?

bad monitor

I'm using a Samsung AMOLED phone that shouldn't be happening.

You need to kill yourself, disgusting phonefag.

What bars do i need to see? I'm fucking retarded.

Nope the image is a single layer, both bars will always look the same whichever monitor you use.
It's bait for retards and people who love their placebo.

then why some people see and some don't see these bars?

I used to dl it for the file size.

How the fuck are you even seeing 10bits when Chrome displays image on 8bits by default.

i don't know, i thought you know. is it magic?

You've got worse problems phone poster. OLED is susceptible to burn in, like ancient CRTs. The reason it's becoming popular over classic LCDs and LEDs in phones is because of energy efficiency.

No, it's not magic ESL.

>DON'T TELL ME TO STOP DOING SHIT WRONG

magic esl? i don't understand.Electronic Sports League?

this image made it very clear that i need to wipe clean my monitor. geeze that's a lot of dust

gee i wonder why

>chrome

>10-bit does not compress better
except that is does
x264.nl/x264/10bit_02-ateme-why_does_10bit_save_bandwidth.pdf

>confusing colour depth with file compression
You are an idiot.

That's just a hypothesis

Who gives a fuck? Give me one GOOD argument against 10-bit.
>my shitty 10 year old media player can't play it
Update your software.
>my shitty console/phone/whatever can't play it
Kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk

10bit
Hi10p
H264
H265
Nyaa
Tokyotosho
Underwater
Commie
MPC
VLC
VP8
VP9
WebM
One-Punch Man
Crunchyroll
Artifacts
Codec
Fakku
Bald

He is finally dead. Spit on the grave and move one

Even ignoring that 10 bit compression and 10 bit color have fuck all to do with each other, you're still an idiot for suggesting that banding has anything to do with monitor calibration. In fact, calibrated and profiled monitors are more likely to exhibit visible banding due to LUT manipulation in order to conform to established colorimetric and luminance standards.

>27 Aug
Did the cancer kill him again?

Please respond, i autistic retard, what do i need to see?

You need to see yourself out.

OLEDs are less energy efficient unless they are displaying predominantly dark screens. Which is not as common as brighter screens since most webpages use white or near-white backgrounds and dark text, not vice versa.

OLEDs are preferred because they provide better contrast than conventional LCDs, are thinner (no backlight), initially supported wider gamuts, and because years of Samsung marketing has made AMOLED screens basically an expected feature of flagship devices, regardless of their actual merit.