Just finished Toradora

Just finished Toradora

It was basically a happy ending. Why am I so sad? Is it because Ryuji and Taiga will probably lead unremarkable lives from here on out?

Also why exactly did Taiga leave for like a year and where did she go? Spoonfeed pls.

basically, Taiga is a cunt.

>Ryuji and Taiga will probably lead unremarkable lives from here on out?
I don't see anything bad with this. Despite their fame in school both are pretty average people. As long as they're happy I'm fine with them being a common couple leading normal lives.

>Also why exactly did Taiga leave for like a year and where did she go? Spoonfeed pls
To fix her issues with her family. She realized she cannot hope to start an honest relationship with Ryuuji if she keeps putting up excuses to escape her own family problems. Basically she went to make sure she and Ryuuji can have a relationship they can share with their families and be proud of it instead of escaping from everything like they did at first.

Ami's route is the only one I accept.

Yeah but she grew a lot. Whether she deserved all the understanding from her friends which allowed her to grow in the first place, well that's a different question.

Just be happy for them, a moment of happiness is still happiness and memory can make it immortal and forever,
Btw, Ami best girl

>why exactly did Taiga leave for like a year
She had the decency to realize she was a piece of shit ruining everyone's lives, so she went away to become a better person, and for what we see after the year that didn't really changed much.

>Also why exactly did Taiga leave for like a year and where did she go?
She went to go live with her mom to (I think) make amends with her.

Yeah see this is what I gathered. The thing about her mom also makes sense.

But what exactly was she doing to become a better person? She left the country. I just wanna know what she was up to. Did the manga delve into this?

Manga still hasn't finished.

>But what exactly was she doing to become a better person? She left the country.
Taking several hundreds of black dicks.

Great thread neofags.

Is the actual Ami route alright? There is a VN on psp, but I don't know about its quality.

I felt extremely sad because of Ami and pink haired bitches feeling never accepted by ryuji. god that hurt, he was the only one who Ami could truly be herself around. And Pink bitch was always so damn nice. It's a shame

I downloaded but never try

MC had no romantic chemistry with Taiga and he was basically just babysitting her all the time. Ami wanted a normal relationship with him and called him and Taiga on their bullshit multiple times, but MC just ignored her and went "GTFO bitch I don't care" every single time. Basically MC is a retard as in 99% of anime.

Minori was a closeted lesbo, she wanted that Taiga pussy. It's hinted at in the anime, a lot more obvious in other media.

In addition to my statement above, Ryuuji had a lot more chemistry with Taiga in other media. He was less of a doormat to her, and she was less of a cunt. Also the ending in the anime is rushed, but I'd say until the part where they run away, and especially the last half of the finale, the anime really nails it.

>thinking Ami has chemistry with Ryuuji
He pities her for not knowing the simple things in life lol. Why the fuck would they make a good pair when she's a rich model and he lives in a shack?

I did not say he had chemistry with Ami, he basically didn't have chemistry with any of his potential love interests in the anime. Ami was the only person that seemed to be interested in him romantically in a sort of believable way, but he was shutting her down from the start. No responding to banter, just ignoring her most of the time etc.

That's my problem with Toradora, it's romance without any romance.

Ryuuji has tunnel vision is everything he does. Becomes completely absorbed in his cleaning when he does it, cooking when he does it, helping Taiga with her problems, his obsession with Minori. When he realized he loved Taiga, it's like a spell cast upon him was broken. I agree that the end part where Minori confessed her love wasn't believable, but it's more believable that she was coping since she loved Taiga. Taiga's love is believable once she admits it to herself, but it's not exactly conveyed well in the anime since they focused on telling the story, which kinda diminished the reward a bit.

Also to OP, she doesn't leave for a year in the LN, she just leaves until the end of the school year.

wow i was thinking about marathoning it
but you just had to go and mess that up for me huh?
taiga is wost minorin was best girl
you can all get bent

>Is it because Ryuji and Taiga will probably lead unremarkable lives from here on out?
Why would that even be bad?
That is what I would want to do (If it wasn't guaranteed that I will be alone forever).

>Why am I so sad?
I don't know and I doubt anyone but yourself can give you a satisfying answer.
Maybe because you are a lonely virgin who just realized how lonely he really is? (That is at least why I felt sad at the end)

>Ryuji and Taiga will probably lead unremarkable lives from here on out?
Which, if you think about it, is exactly what both of them want.

>Also why exactly did Taiga leave for like a year and where did she go? Spoonfeed pls.
She didn't go anywhere. That whole "left for a year" thing is anime original, done for reasons I can't wrap my head around. Maybe to make a more "dramatic" ending or something? Yeah, they left to get their heads straight in the original novel, but it was for a few days.

Anime was made before the novel finished. I think the writer was the executive producer of the anime though, so it's not like it just got made up by the studio. For all we know, he changed his mind.

The novel ends with taiga leaving from ryuuji's grandparents house in the morning, not travelling back with him and yasuko. She lives with her mom for a few months, convinces her to change her dropping out of school to a leave of absence, and then surprises ryuuji by bumping into him while he's walking to school on the first day of their senior year.

The light novel got officially picked up last year and the first volume will be out in May. Pretty sweet since the fan translation disappeared from the internet.

Rich girl realized that she was running out of money
Why didn't she tell anything

Fucking cunt and whore