How do you feel about Banana Fish finally getting an anime adaptation? Is this gonna work or is it gonna flop?

How do you feel about Banana Fish finally getting an anime adaptation? Is this gonna work or is it gonna flop?

Flop

It depends. As a fan of the manga I'm happy they're adapting it, but I hope they kept the 80's setting and didn't retouch the original story in any way. This is the most important premise for me.
Also the choice of Utsumi as director speaks volumes. I can see which kind of audience they are trying to pander. I'm waiting for the announcement of the seiyuu cast and the PV at the event next week.

I never read the manga because the art is trash. So hopefully the anime will be more enjoyable.

The art is neat and clean. Maybe you just don't like the character design. She's not really good at varying the faces and facial features.

I can understand not getting into a manga because of the art style but to me it's kinda limitative. You're robbing yourself of a great story, at least in this case. Had the same issue with Devilman years ago and I learned my lesson

>maybe you just have standards
Yes. That's what it is called having an opinion.

>great story
It's a manga. An old one at that. The likelihood of it having a story worth my time are zero percent.

Why are you seeking conflict?

Why are you projecting?

Underages can't stay here. Kindly go out.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

>The likelihood of it having a story worth my time are zero percent.
Why are you even on this board. Entertainement with good stories isn't limited to movies or books.

He probably only watches seasonal anime and never watched series older than his age.

ESL please.

How are you not projecting in that very sentence?

>stop holding entertainment to your own standards
The horror.

More projecting.

Seething.

Did you come into this thread just to be a faggot?

I dunno. It was fine, but ultimately not my kind of story Ash was too much of a stu, but I learned to like him over time, and then he fucking dies. Fuck.

Curious how they'll adapt it though so I'll take a look.

>i have standards and you're attacking me
Your so called standards are shit and I guess it's the same for your taste in media. Go enjoy Yuri On Ice and Marvel movies or whatever you kids like these days

?

More projecting.

What is it about? Description says that MC was a sex toy when he was a child. Wut

Thread is turning to shit, stop feeding him you retards

Crime/action manga settled in '80s New York about a japanese reporter and a gang leader teaming up to solve a crime involving something called "Banana Fish", and I won't say more to avoid spoilers. It's technically a shojo but it doesn't even feel like it, the story is unique, the characters are good (as someone mentioned before, the MC sometimes falls into stu tier but he's also way too entertaining to watch, and besides there's plenty of chapters where the story doesn't focus on him), and I may be biased but I think it's at least worth a shot. It was pretty groundbreaking at the time of its release.